What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

So lets go over the tea leaves of Sirianni's and Roseman's PC the other day. First it would've been nice if they were seperate PC's as I thought they both answered the same questions but thats for another day. I basically copied the summary I gave on my Facebook though here. 

1. Hurts is the guy

Howie and company aren't gonna tell the media their plan nor should they. Saying Hurts isn't their guy deminishes possible trade value if the team were to find a deal for a new QB and Hurts would be included in any deal as the team doesn't want another situating like hurts/Wentz again. Hurts did enough this year where the team isn't desperate for guy. However they aren't ruling out a deal for a new QB come next season and options are open. Hurts at the same time didn't instill confidence in the team and those 70%-75% of FO people who back this time January of last year didn't think Hurts is the guy is probalby more at 80%-85% now. Unless Hurts makes a huge progressive jump especially in the passing game, 2022 is Hurts last year as an Eagle Starting QB if not his Eagles career. Any move for a new QB will likley see the Eagles moving on from Hurts in a mutal split. Hurts and his agent will want to move for an opportunity to start somewhere and the Eagles would like to move into a new era with their guy without QB drama and distractions this time around.

2. Brandon Graham will return

BG is their best run stopper and the D struggled right away after he was gone for the year. They got better as the season went on but like most of the defense it was credited to a poor schedule and playing against bad offenses. BG is on a fairly cheap deal, loved in the lockerroom and like Kelce a Team leader. He's this generations BDawk as D Team leader. BG will be an Eagle for life. This isn't to say we don't need DL help because we do but if there's two guy on Defense I'm ok keeping as Veterans in lesser roles BG is one of them and Fletcher Cox is the other.

3. Jalen Reagor will return

Cutting him you have almost $7M in dead cap. Unless they trade him for another WR from that draft in need of a change they keep him and bury him on the deptth chart similar to JJAW. I know a lot won't agree but Id rather keep JJAW and bite the bullet on Reagor. JJAW had some really good blocks on run plays and he did very well of Special Teams, where he almost blocked a punt on Sunday. Reagor can't play teams at all after his PR debaticle so he's kind of useless on the lower end of the depth chart, as those WR need to play teams if they are gonna stay on the roster. I also think the Eagles could use JJAW's size and give him more of an oppurtunity in the RZ

4. Brandon Brooks is healthy and hasn't yet retired

They are being respectful to Double B here. Based on what I've heard they are moving on from him regardless either cutting him or he retires. Brooks appaently wans't ready to comeback unless he knew he was 100% and didn't want to rehab again another offseason. If he's cut at the very least he still wants to play he'll go into FA healthy as he can be at this point. Brooks has been a loyal soldier and the team owes him that respect back. With Driscoll and others at Guard ready and willing the team can safely move on here. Oh yeah some guy named Jeff Stoutland is their OL coach which I've heard great things about. So with all of that said the team is in great hands on the OL with Brooks gone.

5. Eagles keeping offseason information close to the vest

No really Sherlock!!!!!! Elliot Shorr Parks with the Captain obvious take folks. Howie has been one of the least informative on his offseason plans as anyone in Footballl. He's the Bill Bellichik of NFL GM's in terms of telling people roster moves. Give them as little as possible publicy and make general statements. I love this however at times causal fans and the neanderthals who listen to sports talk don't get to pick Howie's brain. I wouldn't say he's the best GM in football but he's a top 5- 6 guy in the league most fans of other teams would kill 4. Since he's been the Eagles GM He's drafted multiple serviceable starters or better. Fans and media who argue about he hasn't draft X many pro bowlers are just low Football IQ fans and can't actually debate or put aside Pro bowls as a measuring stick. The PB is a popularity constest for the most part. In the last 2 yrs he got a top 10 if not top 10 TE in day 2 and drafted the teams future LT in the 7th taking a chance on a guy who's never played football until his first NFL Snaps.

But Howie has a lot of big misses? Ya also there's 32 other teams who have missed big. Bears missed on taking Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes. 30 other teams (31 including us) pasted on DK Metcalf for good reason. Multiple teams missed on Justin Jefferson. Multiple teams have missed a lot more on guys then us. Howie is also a shrewed buisness dealer in trades. I've lost count on teams he's fleeced on a trade in getting a player for lower value then should have or getting higher value back then he should on trading one our guys. He turned 2 scrub high contracts in Murray and Maxwell into picks that led to us moving up to Pick Carson Wentz who was a big reason we had a shot at the SB in 17 to begin with. I'm not saying Howie is the greatest ever. We could do worse and the less people know of the Eagles moves the better the chance an oppurtunity to fleece someone comes up

6. Arcega-Whiteside returning in 2022?

I already discussed most of this in the 3rd topic. I could see JJAW being cut but given the value he's created himself on special teams this year I think he stays. More likely Ward is gone and they replace him with a FA or rookie. I could also see JJAW going on waivers and with the new rules being a vet Practice Squad guy called up for game days.

7. Quez has ascended to No. 2

I like this. GM and COach acknowledging a player who stepped up big time this year. For now he is their #2 I think he's a solid 3rd guy paired speed wise with Devonta Smith will scare defenses years to come when we get the right QB in there. Add another guy or 2 at WR and this could be a scary group

8. Eagles have a true No. 1 wideout in DeVonta Smith

This is true and was day 1. ANyone who thinks we should've drafted another player over SMith is kidding themselves. Yes I'm talking Micah Parsons. Parsons is a good LB but he was no where close to the player he is now if he stayed at just LB covering guys and roaming sideline to sideline. He's an avg pass coverage LB and was exposed in Week 1 by TB. Thankfully a blessing in disguise for Dal was Demarcus Lawerence went down and Dan Quinn had the wear withall that on Passing downs and blitzes Parsons is better suited as an edge rusher and not in the Middle of a defense. I don't think that happens with the Eagles given the Defensive system they use they need cover LBs and Parsons just doesn't fit that. As for WR it was a huge need. Smith fills that role. First time we've had a true 1 at WR in yrs. He's the guy I wanted from the start in the draft and prior to his last College season. Roseman should be applauded for the shrew'd wheeling and dealing he did here. He also got another 1st for this draft out of it too.

9. Eagles looking for value over extreme talent in draft

This is a good move. Unless a guy they love they ranked higher drops and they need to move up to get him Eagles are better off following their draft board and rankings. This also tells me they will try trading dowing in the draft and most likely one of the 3 1s they have and hope they can get another 1 in 23 draft. Acquire as much assets as possible and add as much talent as possible is what this team needs right now. I love it.

10. Staff continuity

3 things in the NFL to be a successful team

1) Have a good QB

2) Have a good coaching staff

3) Continuity with that staff and core players. Way too many teams have 1 or 2 of these 3 but the main issue they don't allow the same continuity. Eagles don't need to make major changes to the staff. Maybe fire ST Mike Clay, if DC Gannon gets a HC job yeah I can see a few major changes there. other then that this coaching staff stays the same and helps model this rebuild

11. Eagles still team building

This is big. We made the playoffs in a rebuilding year but privitately Howie, Lurie and Nick will all tell you part of that was helped by a horrible schedule at years end. They know this team isn't a playoff team yet. So many teams in the Eagles stage here get carried away with they made the playoffs and think they are only a few pieces away instead of more. The Eagles know who they are as a team identity wise and that's important for you and to communicate that to the fan base as well. Like I said about 2023 acquiring picks Eagles are willing to stack em but use em as well where need it. Keep the options open.

Overall no one is getting any big headline quotes here. Some ding dong like Jeff McLane down the line might mince a few comments here to draw a narrative for a new hit piece but thats because McLane is a condescending ********. You'll get the hottakes and such from the sports talk neanderthals too. Overall nothing in this press conference comes as a surprise and there's a lot of good in here and happy they are continuing with. This is going to be another loud offseason for the Eagles but one fans can be generally excited for.

As for this weeks games I think SF got lucky. GB shot themselves in the foot on mistakes. SF has a good defense but I think the Rams Defense is going to eat the SF offense for lunch on Sunday. Happy to See Barrow in the AFC title game and so happy to see Brady lose the way they did. It wasn't as much of a Brady comeback as much as it was the Rams trying to give the game away. I was disappointed the Bills/KC game wasn't for the AFC Title game. Josh Allen is what I think a lot of Eagles fans thought Carson Wentz could've been. 

Any GB fan who wants Rodgers gone needs a reality check. He’s the only reason GB has stayed relevant all these yrs. Despite his past loyalty the team hasn’t done a dam thing to build around him. Put Rodgers in NE and he wins more SBs then Brady IMHO. If it wasn’t the the defense killing GB in the playoffs it was the special teams or something else. Rodgers wasn't his best on Saturday but he's far from he biggest reason they lost. I mean if GB want to get rid of him have fun with Jordan Love as your QB. You’ll be begging for Rodgers back mid season

On that note if we were a QB away and needed another WR from competing for some titles Im be pounding the table to trade the 3 1s for Rodgers and then going out and signing Devante Adams. However we aren't in that position. Don't make any bad trades. I mentioned the Jermiah hypothetical before I was booted and it seemed most were in agreement the SEA move was bad for us. 

I'd rather keep the picks and go find our own guy. If it's not in this draft build up the team and go in next year. 

QBs always rise up the board as the draft gets closer. If teams think they need one, they get one. 
Teams will always reach for QB especially those QB needy teams AKA CHI with Trubisky as a more recent example. There's a lot of QBs over the yrs that got drafted well before they should've been or well before a QB should be picked. 

just for kicks was looking up Kelce's draft. was not a good year, a true diamond in the rough! (i terrible at formatting)

MiscPassingRushingReceiving

RndPlayerPickPosYrsFromToAP1PBStCarAVGCmpAttYdsTDIntAttYdsTDRecYdsTDCollege/Univ

1 Danny Watkins 23 G 320112013001924 Baylor

2 Jaiquawn Jarrett 54 DB 520112015000547 Temple

3 Curtis Marsh 90 DB 320112013000126 Utah St.

4 Casey Matthews 116 LB 4201120140011064 Oregon

4 Alex Henery 120 K 420112014000850 Nebraska

5 Dion Lewis 149 RB 8201120200023110256724251319114088 Pittsburgh

5 Julian Vandervelde 161 G 420112015000118 Iowa

6 Jason Kelce 191 C 1120112021451086159 Cincinnati

6 Brian Rolle 193 LB 220112012001620 Ohio St.

7 Greg Lloyd 237 LB 12012201200002 Connecticut

7 Stanley Havili 240 RB 22012201300112813291251711 USC

I had high hopes for Jarret. I wasn't expect Casey Matthews to become Clay but I was hoping for a serviceable LB Dion Lewis turned into a nice 3rd Down back for awhile. JV was a nice depth guy for awhile. After Kelce it's a real crap shoot.. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Hurts the most helped QB in the league this year.

“The Eagles had the second best pass blocking in the NFL. They had the third most open receiver rate in the NFL.”

Yeah I saw this the other day too. That's not good when you read that and then look at his receivers numbers. Taking account for the drops the numbers still don't add up either as the receivers should have better numbers and the only conclusion is that the QB wasn't that good. 

Another stat I saw was on Hurts numbers outside of the 4th QTR they were doing a splits on how the garbage time numbers really effected his stats and made them look better. Then someone compared his numbers to Wentz (since they had similar stats). Taking out their 4th QTRs Wentz still had the better numbers. Hurts Numbers eliminating the 4th QTRs he had garbage time 1500 yards, 10 tds to 8 ints Now how accurate is this I'm not sure but this was part of an experiment someone did just to show how deceiving Hurts numbers are this year. The team I'm sure is looking at all of this too as well. 

It's simple Hurts needs to make vast improvements next year or he's gone. Even if he improves I still think the team is moving on. 

9 coaching vacancies now and it feels very late to not have a single one filled right? Or is it the wine?

Yes and no. We aren't even at the Super Bowl yet. I feel a few of these teams are waiting to interview coaches on Buff, Cincy, KC, LAR and SF. I have a feeling 1-3 of these guys once their team is knocked out is being named the HC of the teams with vacancies.

You'd like to have the coach and his staff in already? Yes absolutely but some teams want to wait for their guy.  

Bigboy10182000 said:
What’s the max you give up for him?

We’ve been rumored to be interested in him for like 5-6 months now and recent rumors said he’d consider us. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

As for the Watson stuff I'm staying as far away as possible Let them sucker some other team into a trade. Howie and Lurie aren't going to make a move for Watson unless there's incentives of draft picks involved on performance and that he doesn't get some sort of law suit thrown at him down the road. Where there's smoke theres fire and Lurie and company want to stay far away from any kind of QB controversy possible for the near future and that includes off the field drama. I think there's a reason the people I talked to recently mentioned that Lurie liked Hurts because he was drama free both on and off the field. I think it was their wink wink nudge nudge of they aren't interested in Watson. 

Alot of the Watson stuff is media driven too simple because we have the assets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Hurts is the guy

Howie and company aren't gonna tell the media their plan nor should they. Saying Hurts isn't their guy deminishes possible trade value if the team were to find a deal for a new QB and Hurts would be included in any deal as the team doesn't want another situating like hurts/Wentz again. Hurts did enough this year where the team isn't desperate for guy. However they aren't ruling out a deal for a new QB come next season and options are open. Hurts at the same time didn't instill confidence in the team and those 70%-75% of FO people who back this time January of last year didn't think Hurts is the guy is probalby more at 80%-85% now. Unless Hurts makes a huge progressive jump especially in the passing game, 2022 is Hurts last year as an Eagle Starting QB if not his Eagles career. Any move for a new QB will likley see the Eagles moving on from Hurts in a mutal split. Hurts and his agent will want to move for an opportunity to start somewhere and the Eagles would like to move into a new era with their guy without QB drama and distractions this time around.

Bolded is where I'm at too. He's young and showed some progress this year, but I think since 2022 will be his 3 year and 2nd year of starting, we should know enough what he can progress to then. If he's still bailing on a clean pocket and not reading a defense well, we gotta move on.

Would not be sorry to see some open competition in camp with a rookie or Minshew either.

Brandon Brooks is being made available to the media, by the team, this morning. One of the beats reported it is NOT a retirement announcement. But, we'll know for sure in a bit. 

ETA: Looks like he restructured his deal recently to make it easier for the Eagles to cut him, so this press conference is probably his goodbye to Philly. Like some of us thought, he wants to play but the Eagles weren't interested and this is mutually beneficial to both parties.

Brandon Brooks is being made available to the media, by the team, this morning. One of the beats reported it is NOT a retirement announcement. But, we'll know for sure in a bit. 
Around 9 this morning, WIP said he has an 11:00 press conference. I assumed it was to announce his retirement but as you said, we'll know soon enough.

9 coaching vacancies now and it feels very late to not have a single one filled right? Or is it the wine?
not totally sure how to calibrate with the season being moved back.  probably there are usually a few filled, though i think that being more patient is probably better for these searches.  it seems like it was for the eagles last year.

Brooks mentioned he considers himself an Eagle for life and is going to stay in the area and go to business school at Penn. 

Definitely a top 10 FA signing in Eagles history and could have been on his way to Eagles HoF if injuries didn't start piling up the last 3 seasons. 

Nice guy for hooking us up on the way out. Was a beast when he was on the field. 
Yeah, having a good relationship with the player helps in this case because we're still on the hook for exactly what he's owed as a retiring player (which is basically just any unpaid signing bonus from his last contract), but by him re-doing the deal it pushes almost all of it into 2023 (when the cap should go up again, and gives us more 2022 money to play with.) He obviously didn't have to do that, if he was parting on bad terms.

Yeah, having a good relationship with the player helps in this case because we're still on the hook for exactly what he's owed as a retiring player (which is basically just any unpaid signing bonus from his last contract), but by him re-doing the deal it pushes almost all of it into 2023 (when the cap should go up again, and gives us more 2022 money to play with.) He obviously didn't have to do that, if he was parting on bad terms.
Howie with players >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joe Banner with players

Brandon Brooks will definitely be missed. What a warrior, on and off the field. Loved to watch him play, and was super impressed by his efforts in rehab every year. A shame for him and for us that the injuries affected the last few years.

Love that he considers himself a Philly guy, now. The city and the fanbase certainly think that of him, too. Classy move to restructure before retirement to help the team one last time.

Bolded is where I'm at too. He's young and showed some progress this year, but I think since 2022 will be his 3 year and 2nd year of starting, we should know enough what he can progress to then. If he's still bailing on a clean pocket and not reading a defense well, we gotta move on.

Would not be sorry to see some open competition in camp with a rookie or Minshew either.

Yeah everyone knows I wasn't a fan since day 1 still am not. However I know this and I think the team knows this that unless he makes a huge jump in progress he won't be here long. After debating this with some guy online on the crossing broad comments section I realized some people have totally different opinions of what is progress here. Most of us here are talking about individual progress and can't really base a lot on 4 games compared to 16 this year but we're more so looking what he does physically in terms of progression in reads, throwing accuracy etc. The one guy in comments tried to argue how Hurts progressed simple because he out played the projected wins and played well where Wentz was garbage this year. He couldn't quite get that wins are a part of a team aspect aided by many things and not just one player. We then added that Wentz and Hurts had very similar passing numbers but the difference is how both got there where Hurts got a lot of those early stats from sheer garbage time stat padding where Wentz for his part was pretty consistent the whole year (This is where someone did the 4th QTR numbers thing for both). I finally put the guy on ignore when I saw a comment where he calls Eagles fans ungrateful for Hurts and tries to put Cam Newton as an Elite QB with Brady and Brees. Thats when I knew the guy was nuts as he was already making the claims how he knew more then us because he played College ball. When I looked it up he went to some very low division school out in Georgia I had never heard of. 

So clearly progress is viewed differently by some. For me I didn't care about W's or L's in terms of being upset if we won or lost (Just want to beat Dal twice a year and at least one NYG win and I'm cool) as much as I wanted to see talent evaluated and players progressing and getting better which we saw. However there's been some healthy debate online how much better Devonta Smith's numbers would be this year with more consistent QB play and perhaps if that had happened we are maybe talking a two horse race for OFF Rookie of The Year between him and Chase. 

Either way Hurts needs to make those adjustments you stated but also others to really be the guy. Even then I don't think it's enough. I do like the idea of open competition in Camp though. Best guy wins. I think that would definitely help the evaluations. 

The beat was Jeff McLane, who later apologized for the mis-information. Go get 'em, Djax!

Hard for me to go get him when he has me blocked. He just couldn't take the fact that I kept upstaging him and calling out his BS reporting. 3 of my comments to him had some of the most likes the last few times I did go after him on his account. My guess is the person who told him what was going on was told to tell him him it wasn't a retirement announcement just to mess with him though. The Eagles love messing with this guy anymore. It's an open inside joke if that makes sense because everyone knows about the joke besides Jeff despite how blanket obvious it is. But Jeff is just too full of himself to realize it.

The minute I saw your tweet of one Beat guy saying it was something else my guess was McLane followed by ESP. I'm actually trying to get the Eagles reddit account to ban any post related to McLane reporting news for the team. One of the Reddits I belong too wrestling wise they had a rule of now dirt sheet info from x person do to how much BS they would write and hoping for something similar for McLane. 

not totally sure how to calibrate with the season being moved back.  probably there are usually a few filled, though i think that being more patient is probably better for these searches.  it seems like it was for the eagles last year.

Teams seem to be taking a slower approach instead of poaching guys from staffs of coaches considered the best IE Reid/Beilichik/McVay etc. Looking for their own guy that fits their needs. 

So I wanted to do my own stay/go with Eagles players but do it with the guys we have at FA first 

2022 Eagles’ free agents

PlayerPos.TypeAge2021 Snaps

Steven NelsonCBUFA2887.20%  I'd like him to stay but I think he played his way out of a contract with the Eagles and will be too expensive. Eagles need to get younger here

Andre ChachereCBERFA2610.50% Special teams guy at best he can go

Ryan KerriganDEUFA3329.20% Besdes the playoff game he didn't do anything all year. I think the only time I heard his name mentioned was when the Eagles gave up a big play and that's not a good thing when your name is mentioned with that. 

Genard AveryDEUFA2631.80% Depending on cost I think Jonathan Gannon figured out a way to use him in certain situations. The Eagles played some 3-3- 5 defense to rush the passer with some more speedy pass rushers like he and Patrick Johnson later in the year. This is kind of a gimmick defensive formation you see as a base in the Big12 conference but worked well at times for the Eagles when used in passing downs to rush the passer. The Eagles could maybe get someone better and cheaper here to fill Avery's role

Derek BarnettDEUFA2563.90% The pick we made after fleecing MINN on Sam Bradford. Never materialized despite college productivity. Seemed more like a Joe Douglas pick then Howie pick though. Barnett is good for at least 1 dumb penalty or WTF moment a game though. If he needs help packing I know a few people who could help. WOuldn't be shocked to see him sign with NYJ if he leaves though. 

Hassan RidgewayDTUFA2733.10% Productive depth guy but the Eagles I think can upgrade here for cheaper in the draft

Rodney McLeodFSUFA3160.70% Defensive leader they brought back been here since 2016. If money is right I'd bring him back on a short deal, sign a guy in FA and draft someone

Anthony HarrisFSUFA3074.20%  Did well but we can surely upgrade in terms of talent and getting younger here

Nate HerbigGRFA2342.90% He's coming back. Cheap talent that can play multiple OL positions 

Alex SingletonLBRFA2864% Not the best player but we'll need LB depth. He's a solid Special teams ace too and those guys have value. 

Jordan HowardRBUFA2813.70% Love Ya Jordan but I think we can find someone better and younger in the draft

Boston ScottRBRFA2619.60% Baby Yoda stays but I think a lot depends on potential RB FA signing between FA and start of the regular season as well as the draft

Jason CroomTERFA270% Croom was on IR. He's still fairly young. I think they like Stohl over him plus he's being Dallas and Tyree Jackson. I think he's brought back as a camp body depending what they do in FA and Draft

Greg WardWRRFA2621.90% All he did was catch TD's and 1st downs. We can upgrade from Gregg Ward he can go. 

So all in All we got 

8 Guys going 

6 guys who might stay. 

DJackson10 said:
So I wanted to do my own stay/go with Eagles players but do it with the guys we have at FA first 

2022 Eagles’ free agents

PlayerPos.TypeAge2021 Snaps

Steven NelsonCBUFA2887.20%  I'd like him to stay but I think he played his way out of a contract with the Eagles and will be too expensive. Eagles need to get younger here

Andre ChachereCBERFA2610.50% Special teams guy at best he can go

Ryan KerriganDEUFA3329.20% Besdes the playoff game he didn't do anything all year. I think the only time I heard his name mentioned was when the Eagles gave up a big play and that's not a good thing when your name is mentioned with that. 

Genard AveryDEUFA2631.80% Depending on cost I think Jonathan Gannon figured out a way to use him in certain situations. The Eagles played some 3-3- 5 defense to rush the passer with some more speedy pass rushers like he and Patrick Johnson later in the year. This is kind of a gimmick defensive formation you see as a base in the Big12 conference but worked well at times for the Eagles when used in passing downs to rush the passer. The Eagles could maybe get someone better and cheaper here to fill Avery's role

Derek BarnettDEUFA2563.90% The pick we made after fleecing MINN on Sam Bradford. Never materialized despite college productivity. Seemed more like a Joe Douglas pick then Howie pick though. Barnett is good for at least 1 dumb penalty or WTF moment a game though. If he needs help packing I know a few people who could help. WOuldn't be shocked to see him sign with NYJ if he leaves though. 

Hassan RidgewayDTUFA2733.10% Productive depth guy but the Eagles I think can upgrade here for cheaper in the draft

Rodney McLeodFSUFA3160.70% Defensive leader they brought back been here since 2016. If money is right I'd bring him back on a short deal, sign a guy in FA and draft someone

Anthony HarrisFSUFA3074.20%  Did well but we can surely upgrade in terms of talent and getting younger here

Nate HerbigGRFA2342.90% He's coming back. Cheap talent that can play multiple OL positions 

Alex SingletonLBRFA2864% Not the best player but we'll need LB depth. He's a solid Special teams ace too and those guys have value. 

Jordan HowardRBUFA2813.70% Love Ya Jordan but I think we can find someone better and younger in the draft

Boston ScottRBRFA2619.60% Baby Yoda stays but I think a lot depends on potential RB FA signing between FA and start of the regular season as well as the draft

Jason CroomTERFA270% Croom was on IR. He's still fairly young. I think they like Stohl over him plus he's being Dallas and Tyree Jackson. I think he's brought back as a camp body depending what they do in FA and Draft

Greg WardWRRFA2621.90% All he did was catch TD's and 1st downs. We can upgrade from Gregg Ward he can go. 

So all in All we got 

8 Guys going 

6 guys who might stay. 
McLeod, herbig, singleton and Scott.  That's it imo

Is Pederson contending for any of the head coaching vacancies? I heard he had a few interviews, but then it quieted down.  I'd have thought he'd get one of the openings for sure.

Is Pederson contending for any of the head coaching vacancies? I heard he had a few interviews, but then it quieted down.  I'd have thought he'd get one of the openings for sure.
Definitely doesn't seem like he generates any heat around the league. Maybe he's someone a team circles back on after the hot names start taking jobs.  :shrug:

Our passing game coordinator (Kevin Patullo) is already being rumored as his OC. 
That sucks. I knew it was inevitable but still sucks and I hope that’s all lol

Definitely doesn't seem like he generates any heat around the league. Maybe he's someone a team circles back on after the hot names start taking jobs.  :shrug:
I won’t be shocked if he’s just waiting for a KC coach to roll so he can fill their spot. 

It doesn't seem like he is. Hot name at first and then nothing. I don't know if that is more telling of him or the teams themselves. Maybe the year off didn't do him as much good as some thought? 

Welp, Bears are reportedly also going after Eagles director of player personnel Ian Cunningham so they’re going after the FO, too!

Not sure if it was jokingly or being serious at the same time but Sirianni when asked about Gannon potentially getting a coaching job and poaching guys from the staff Nick said yeah no rule yet but lets make it right now no one can. 

GB OC Nathianel Hackett is going to Den as their HC apparently. SO the media now has rumors that Den might go after Rodgers. It was also pointed out last years time away from the team in the offseason by Rodgers was to get away from GB's GM. 

Not sure how probable Rodgers to Den is though in the long run unless they are trying to recreate the Manning experience. The defense now isn't as good as the one back then was but the offense I think is a bit more talented then the one Peyton had so who knows. 

GB OC Nathianel Hackett is going to Den as their HC apparently. SO the media now has rumors that Den might go after Rodgers. It was also pointed out last years time away from the team in the offseason by Rodgers was to get away from GB's GM. 

Not sure how probable Rodgers to Den is though in the long run unless they are trying to recreate the Manning experience. The defense now isn't as good as the one back then was but the offense I think is a bit more talented then the one Peyton had so who knows. 
Wrong thread.  Is this Eagles related?

Welp, Bears are reportedly also going after Eagles director of player personnel Ian Cunningham so they’re going after the FO, too!
This one reads like one we can deny. I’m not sure how common this is for FO guys and it’s it’s frowned upon the same way or not. Gil Brandt said it’s essentially a lateral move. 

jasvic said:
Well there were rumors of Gannon going to Den and Rodgers to Philly, so sure, why not? Your vendetta against DJax is almost as bad as his against Hurts/Simmons/etc. 

He''s best left on ignore. It's funny how we don't see him for awhile and this style ride guy shows up and when deamon returns Style is nowhere to be found. Just a little something to think about. 

And yeah the post is pretty Eagles related in terms of Gannon but also we are playing GB next year and may not have to face Rodgers though. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
This one reads like one we can deny. I’m not sure how common this is for FO guys and it’s it’s frowned upon the same way or not. Gil Brandt said it’s essentially a lateral move. 

Eagles denied Corey Udlin a few times on other jobs. Its why he was granted permission to seek to opportunities the last year of Doug. He didn't get along with Schwartz and he and my buddy Dino essentially coached a street secondary up because Schwartz didn't want to dumb down the playbook for them. 

Either way the Eagles have denied request before but I also was never told what positions to interview Corey was denied either. If it's lateral most teams will deny the move. I believe the rule use to be you couldn't hire someone already employed else where for a lateral move. 

jon007 said:
How do we get this guy. I love Hunter Renfrow. This guy would be immediately become a fan favorite if he was an Eagle.

https://youtu.be/_MjRccSnbSA

Kind of makes you wonder that JJAW was supposed to be what Renfrow is to the Raiders.

I wish we could get this guy!!!

Renfrow would be amazing but JJAW was suppose to be more of an X similar to Mike Williams. 

Another guy who'd be a fan favorite here is Mad Max Crosby. I really liked the guy after seeing him on Hard Knocks  the first time and said to myself that dude is a definitely a football player and going places in this league. 

jasvic said:
Well there were rumors of Gannon going to Den and Rodgers to Philly, so sure, why not? Your vendetta against DJax is almost as bad as his against Hurts/Simmons/etc. 
There were rumours of Rodgers going to Philly?  Link?

It's not a vendetta, it's the fact that he uses this as a forum to discuss wrestling, other nfl teams/issues, and how the battery of his car broke down.  There's nothing relevant about any of these things.

He''s best left on ignore. It's funny how we don't see him for awhile and this style ride guy shows up and when deamon returns Style is nowhere to be found. Just a little something to think about. 

And yeah the post is pretty Eagles related in terms of Gannon but also we are playing GB next year and may not have to face Rodgers though. 
Well we all know how much you love to report people every chance you get.  Not exactly a secret.

babydemon90 said:
I've had a change of heart.  Offer two firsts to Houston for DeShawn Watson and talk him into coming. 
Where does adding Watson put us in the playoff race though?  We are still many pieces away from being a contender.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said the Eagles "could look into" D.J. Chark this offseason "if they need a deep threat to complement DeVonta Smith."

Chark broke out in 2019 with 1,008 receiving yards and eight touchdowns on 73 receptions but has since struggled in the horrendous Jacksonville offense. He missed most of the 2021 season following a fractured ankle he suffered in early October. Chark, 25, an unrestricted free agent, should see significant free agency interest from teams offering short-term prove-it deals to the big wideout. Chark would offer almost no fantasy appeal in the extremely run-heavy Eagles offense. 

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Jan 28, 2022, 12:45 PM ET
copied this from the Chark thread, posted by Faust.

Positives: has good size and has shown he can ball at this level. He would be cheap for someone with very good upside paird with Smith stretching the field. our WR room right now could use a possession guy like him, for his initial two seasons he was very consistent.

Negatives: i think he's dependent on his QB play rather than a player who can make his QB better. He also looked like he was giving up on plays where the throws were not on target before he got hurt. last season was same. this trait is not a good fit with Hurts.

Positives: has good size and has shown he can ball at this level. He would be cheap for someone with very good upside paird with Smith stretching the field. our WR room right now could use a possession guy like him, for his initial two seasons he was very consistent.

Negatives: i think he's dependent on his QB play rather than a player who can make his QB better. He also looked like he was giving up on plays where the throws were not on target before he got hurt. last season was same. this trait is not a good fit with Hurts.
When it comes to adding any FA WR this year (seems like there’s a ton) it’s all about money to me. They’re not all gonna get huge deals and the chance to add a solid one at a lower cost seems good. He could be one that gets a 1 year prove it kind of deal

I haven't watched Chark enough to have a strong opinion but I am definitely on the side of signing a guy like Chark, Juju or Gallup over a more expensive option like Williams, Robinson or Godwin.  If Smith is as good as most Eagles fans think he is they don't need to pay for a #1 WR because they already have one. 

Users who are viewing this thread