What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

DJax.....no more hatin on Hurts. Kid was fantastic tonight. Seasons still young but he's shown massive improvement from last year.

Team got a hair too conservative in the second half on offense I thought, but defense was superb. Slay an easy call for NFC DPOW.

So impressed by the play on both sides of the ball tonight!
He's been in the game thread literally hating him. DJax hates Hurts because he blames Hurts for Wentz leaving.

Nope I don't like Hurts because I think numerious Hurts fans overrate the guy routinely. Also I think people just pile on to root for Hurts in spite of Wentz not realizing everything that went on. Its like the people who just pile on to hate certain bands because the popular kids don't like them. And the sports media here is no better fueling that. Every day I see some Philly site bringing up Carson again? Why he's gone? Lets worry about our guys now. Fortunately for me I've been able to talk to at least 2 people one who was on the coaching staff and Kelce's FIL who have shared numerious stories or called out stories from the media. I also know one of the media beat writers who lives in my area who didn't partake in the click baiting headlines numerious others did. I used all that info plus my other contacts and formed an opinion. I feel he's getting the Ben Simmons hatred when really he shouldn't be. Carson didn't fake mental illness nor refused to play. Fans and media take their hatred for guys too personal.

I think Carson just gets a lot of unnecessary hate. It's too the point people won't even credit him for being a part of the SB team and forget how he put a trash can receiving corps on his back threw for over 4K and 35TDS and got to the playoffs in '19.

I like Hurts as a Person. I've just seen a lot of QBs like Hurts before. All the same. One read QBs decent athletic mobility, give you a game like tonight every few games creating false hope. Playoffs come and they can't produce. Do I hope he proves me wrong? Sure but I don't think he's a guy who can be relied on to win comeback games. He does have all the pieces to succeed around him though this year so if he fails its on him and no one else. In fact Wentz at least had some legit excuses from Doug's play calling to lack of weapons. Hurts has non of those excuses. The org learned from their mistakes from the Carson stuff and put pieces around Hurts to succeed. like I said if he fails at this point its on him.
You have some Confirmation Bias going on. You are looking at everything through the lens of your early calls on Hurts, and instead of looking at his play as it is, you're constantly seeing the things you made up your mind about during his college career. Game 1, he was better than he looked during the game. He actually saved that Lions game in several spots. Now, this game, he was completely dominant and you're picking nits about his performance.

Check out Baldy's breakdown of the first drive. There's even a breakdown of a play you called out in the game thread. You said he missed a wide open DeVonta on the completion to Goedert. Watch the play again- Hurts made a great decision and picked up 19 yds. Hurts was dominant in this game, not just good. Nobody is annointing him, yet. But, man, it gets tiresome hearing somebody pick nits when their team is having an outstanding performance.

I like you, and I appreciate your input into the team threads. But, please do a reset on the 'Hurts sucks' schtick.

Impressive win. I actually like Hurts the player and respect his
DJax.....no more hatin on Hurts. Kid was fantastic tonight. Seasons still young but he's shown massive improvement from last year.

Team got a hair too conservative in the second half on offense I thought, but defense was superb. Slay an easy call for NFC DPOW.

He's been in the game thread literally hating him. DJax hates Hurts because he blames Hurts for Wentz leaving.

Nope I don't like Hurts because I think numerious Hurts fans overrate the guy routinely. Also I think people just pile on to root for Hurts in spite of Wentz not realizing everything that went on. Its like the people who just pile on to hate certain bands because the popular kids don't like them. And the sports media here is no better fueling that. Every day I see some Philly site bringing up Carson again? Why he's gone? Lets worry about our guys now. Fortunately for me I've been able to talk to at least 2 people one who was on the coaching staff and Kelce's FIL who have shared numerious stories or called out stories from the media. I also know one of the media beat writers who lives in my area who didn't partake in the click baiting headlines numerious others did. I used all that info plus my other contacts and formed an opinion. I feel he's getting the Ben Simmons hatred when really he shouldn't be. Carson didn't fake mental illness nor refused to play. Fans and media take their hatred for guys too personal.

I think Carson just gets a lot of unnecessary hate. It's too the point people won't even credit him for being a part of the SB team and forget how he put a trash can receiving corps on his back threw for over 4K and 35TDS and got to the playoffs in '19.

I like Hurts as a Person. I've just seen a lot of QBs like Hurts before. All the same. One read QBs decent athletic mobility, give you a game like tonight every few games creating false hope. Playoffs come and they can't produce. Do I hope he proves me wrong? Sure but I don't think he's a guy who can be relied on to win comeback games. He does have all the pieces to succeed around him though this year so if he fails its on him and no one else. In fact Wentz at least had some legit excuses from Doug's play calling to lack of weapons. Hurts has non of those excuses. The org learned from their mistakes from the Carson stuff and put pieces around Hurts to succeed. like I said if he fails at this point its on him.
lol, you are not remotely consistent with your Hurt hate and Wentz love. Maybe you don't admit it, but it's pretty obvious to everyone else.

To be fair somebody having a different opinion on a player isn’t necessarily hate. People use that word way too liberally.

The concerns that DJax has expressed don’t mean he hates him or he can’t see that hurts had a good game last night. However, it was one game against some pretty soft zones. He threw ONE touchdown.

I think where most people underestimate Hurts, myself included, is his resiliency and willingness to get better. He proved it in college and so far through two games he has proved that he put in the work in the off-season.

I agree with DJax about his assessments of Hurts. To me he's like Dak Prescott. Will win you a bunch of regular season games and then lose in the playoffs when the defenses are better. I don't think the Eagles will ever win a Superbowl with Hurts. Heck, I'm not sure they make it to an NFCCG with the guy. Wentz is past his best use date though so I'd rather have Hurts for now.

lol, you are not remotely consistent with your Hurt hate and Wentz love. Maybe you don't admit it, but it's pretty obvious to everyone else.

To be fair somebody having a different opinion on a player isn’t necessarily hate. People use that word way too liberally.

The concerns that DJax has expressed don’t mean he hates him or he can’t see that hurts had a good game last night. However, it was one game against some pretty soft zones. He threw ONE touchdown.

I think where most people underestimate Hurts, myself included, is his resiliency and willingness to get better. He proved it in college and so far through two games he has proved that he put in the work in the off-season.

I agree with DJax about his assessments of Hurts. To me he's like Dak Prescott. Will win you a bunch of regular season games and then lose in the playoffs when the defenses are better. I don't think the Eagles will ever win a Superbowl with Hurts. Heck, I'm not sure they make it to an NFCCG with the guy. Wentz is past his best use date though so I'd rather have Hurts for now.

honestly with the way he runs hurts reminds me of cam newton. only better

For sure. The statement about Djax is based on his continued comments over the past 3 years, not one game. He's got blinders on, everything with Wentz is excused, everything with Hurts is criticized. By no means do I think Hurts is anointed, and in fact I've said on multiple occasions I need to see a lot of progression in the passing game, because good defenses WILL take away his running. To me the Dallas game is going to be telling, because their defense will challenge him for sure.
But there's no question he showed improvement and played great these first two games. Sure we want to see more. But we can also enjoy it. Not his fault Minnesota played soft zones - and many of those throws were on the money, giving receivers the chance to run. Yea, he still runs a lot which isn't sustainable in the long term - but there WAS passing game improvement, Great to see.

Cam Newton had a pretty mediocre career. 3-4 in the playoffs. 3 winning seasons in his career. He did get to a Superbowl, so there is that.

Cam Newton had a pretty mediocre career. 3-4 in the playoffs. 3 winning seasons in his career. He did get to a Superbowl, so there is that.

won the mvp.
also a giant Ahole.

But there's no question he showed improvement and played great these first two games. Sure we want to see more. But we can also enjoy it. Not his fault Minnesota played soft zones - and many of those throws were on the money, giving receivers the chance to run. Yea, he still runs a lot which isn't sustainable in the long term - but there WAS passing game improvement, Great to see.
:thumbup: His decision making and accuracy are noticeably improved these first two games. I'm not sure how anyone can say what his ceiling is at this point. We have not yet seen the finished product 21 games into his pro career. As long as he keeps improving and the Eagles keep winning, I'm happy.

The statement about Djax is based on his continued comments over the past 3 years, not one game. He's got blinders on, everything with Wentz is excused, everything with Hurts is criticized
I don't know how a fan wouldn't rather be wrong about a player and have his team win, but he's really dug in on this. IF (I'm not saying it would ever happen), Hurts led them to a SB win and huge comeback with his play, does anyone ACTUALLY think DJax would say "I was wrong, he's awesome!".... no chance.

Not accepting reality has become a new fad, so the Hurts Haters really fit in right now. Justin Herbert, vaunted pocket passer of a new generation, doesn't run much. Has a really bad rib injury. Jalen Hurts, sucks at passing, runs too much, healthy as can be. In the ends its football, and he is becoming a "great" football player. This guy is becoming what all the Tim Tebow fanboys wanted him to become, and then some.

Man, the Birds offense (when not illegally downfield) was making some of plays I see other competent teams make. Been a long time.

@DJackson10 Judging from your comments, you are no longer an Eagles fan. You are a Wentz fan. Please leave this thread and go to the Commanders one. They have some good people there who I’m sure will take care of you.

Somehow the Wentz trade broke you and you have gone off the rails since then. I hope you get help for whatever ails you.
Had to reblock him with the new forum so I saw a slight snippet of the negativity when the switch happened. Gave it maybe half a day and just can't take the negativity and not accepting reality. STILL going on about Wentz, who is on his 3rd team in 3 years. Let it go bro, get therapy, etc. I dunno. 1.5 is my over/under on Wentz gift turnovers on Sunday.

Hurts has played well for sure but I want to see how he plays when trailing by double digit points and when playing against a good defense. Right now he is definitely improved from last year but it's very early and he hasn't been tested much.

Bingo he didn't face a lot of controversy last night. Last year he had better stats then he really did as he padded those stats in garbage time vs Bad teams. That's my other worry is that is Hurts a guy who if we had to in SB get in a shootout with Allen or Mahomes or guys like them. He's more known for his athleticism then his arm. Consistency has been an issue for Hurts since college. last night with the Minny Defense it felt more like watching a Big12 game then an NFL game with their defensive performance or lack there of. You'd have thought Minny was just playing a meaningless preseason game last night. Zero urgency on either side of the ball. Lack of aggression on Defense. WAS defense could be a good test but I think thy got guys like Chase Young and others still out. ARZ gave Hurts fits his first Time against them 2 yrs ago.

One of the good things I do see from Hurts is lack of turnovers in the pockets from fumbles right now when getting sacked.

Hurts has played well for sure but I want to see how he plays when trailing by double digit points and when playing against a good defense. Right now he is definitely improved from last year but it's very early and he hasn't been tested much.

Bingo he didn't face a lot of controversy last night. Last year he had better stats then he really did as he padded those stats in garbage time vs Bad teams. That's my other worry is that is Hurts a guy who if we had to in SB get in a shootout with Allen or Mahomes or guys like them. He's more known for his athleticism then his arm. Consistency has been an issue for Hurts since college. last night with the Minny Defense it felt more like watching a Big12 game then an NFL game with their defensive performance or lack there of. You'd have thought Minny was just playing a meaningless preseason game last night. Zero urgency on either side of the ball. Lack of aggression on Defense. WAS defense could be a good test but I think thy got guys like Chase Young and others still out. ARZ gave Hurts fits his first Time against them 2 yrs ago.

One of the good things I do see from Hurts is lack of turnovers in the pockets from fumbles right now when getting sacked.
Talk like this shows me you aren't being objective. You're creating a win-win situation for your opinion. If he does well, you have built-in excuses for it, if he does poorly you say I told you so. At the end of the day you being right or wrong about Hurts is meaningless. Who cares? Let's say Hurts crashes and burns the rest of the season and everything you predict comes true, is that better for you? For anyone who's an Eagles fan?

I've been wanting to drive Gannon out of town for a while now, but I can admit last night he proved me wrong. I want to see more of it, but I'm not going to make excuses like the dropped passes or Cousins being garbage, he had a good plan and they executed, so good for Gannon, good for me, good for the fans and the team. That's the win-win I want, me being wrong and the team doing well.

At the end of the day, Carson signed a contract extension, received MILLIONS of dollars, then threw a baby hissy fit and refused to eve serve a single year of that extension. He deserves the hate because he lacks integrity and character.

Were you in the lockerooom at all? From my understanding from people in the known promises to him were broken. A lot of people not fourth coming. The Eagles didn't help themselves when extending Carson by drafting a guy who eventually replaced him in the 2nd round. That's similar to when GB drafted Jordan Love in the first. I don't think Rodgers took too kindly to that now did he? The team also was willing to address the locker room rat instead they extended him a year. Wentz deserved his benching but then they put Hurts in a better position to succeed then Wentz. Wentz saw the writing on the wall.

This is no different then someone at your job talking trash about you after you sign a new contract with the company. 6 months later they bring in a new guy to help you with some of the work as you haven't been as reliable despite being promised more extensions on work deadlines etc. The guy talking **** is now spreading bad rumors on you and you go to the boss who says he'll address them. Your performance suffers and the guy you trained is now doing your job and you move to a new position but your salary and contract doesn't equal the work you are doing now. The **** talker not only is figured out but gets a promotion. The guy who took over for you is also getting more then enough help you were asked for and never received. I think you'd be willing to go elsewhere at this point.

And yet NOT ONCE SINCE LEAVING HAS HE SAID A NEGAtIVE thINg ABOUT THE TEAM OR ORG!!!! Your comment sounds more like jealously a guy is getting paid. people need to take the the money equation out of this once in awhile. Certain times its something I'd agree should be a factor but this is no different then you or me getting screwed at our job after numerious promises broken and signing a new deal. If you are going to sit there and just say thank you sir Ma'am can I have another your just a company bootlicker that the company wants and knows they can take advantage of you.

84% completion percentage, 333 yards passing and TD. Not including his rushing stats. As they said on the post game show, who are you going to draft to come in and do better next year?

he was converting like every 3rd down. only thing that stopped us was stupid penalties. the refs seemed like they were half baked last night though
I'd love to hear Sirianni address the ineligible player downfield calls. I couldn't tell if it was bad play design, mistakes by the linemen or the refs calling something stricter than normal.

I got to look back on those plays but those are from RPO's teams use. Run pass option where some of the lineman revert to a run block to sell a run. Hurts or whoever is the QB has an option to run the Football, hand it off in the backfield or throw. It's a very big timing play which is something Hurts still has work to do on. It's not all of his fault either but I'mwilling to guess those were RPO designed calls.

When Madden put those plays in the first year I think was penalized numerious times for that penalty on those calls. Like the QB you had to work on your timing. The throw has to come out right away can't second guess after that decision.

I'm never going to question the Dudes work ethic. it's one of the great things about the kid. I just think you can have a crazy work ethic and still not be good enough. I even pointed out early in the game the defense was pretty soft and not aggressive and was laughed at for it. It's funny since a lot of the same people going after me were the same ones who defended another Philly athlete I was not a fan of who refused to have that work ethic and many realized what a fraud the guy was too late. Its the whole Pot Meet Kettle.

Hurts is a good person he actually took time to go to Saint Joe's prep and work with their QB Samja Jones who some scouts say is similar to Hurts. My Cousin is the WR's coach at the Prep and Hurts was way nicer then most people even say he is and comes off genuine. I hope he does well. This isn't a Cam Newton situation where the guy was a terrible person and I wished for lack of success routinely but Cam was also a total fraud who has many fooled over the years.

I got to look back on those plays but those are from RPO's teams use. Run pass option where some of the lineman revert to a run block to sell a run. Hurts or whoever is the QB has an option to run the Football, hand it off in the backfield or throw. It's a very big timing play which is something Hurts still has work to do on. It's not all of his fault either but I'mwilling to guess those were RPO designed calls.
I don't believe they were on RPOs. Go back and look.

There in lies my issues here. He's good regular season Guy like Lamar but he isn't winning you anything in the playoffs. For now I'll take him he keeps us competitive but I'd rather upgrade sooner then later if we can. At least Howie and company aren't putting all their eggs in the Hurts basket and building around him. That way if and when they replace him rookie or FA has guys surrounding him to succeed right away. Or he continues to build and has a team around him to win.

Last edited:
Talk like this shows me you aren't being objective. You're creating a win-win situation for your opinion. If he does well, you have built-in excuses for it, if he does poorly you say I told you so. At the end of the day you being right or wrong about Hurts is meaningless. Who cares? Let's say Hurts crashes and burns the rest of the season and everything you predict comes true, is that better for you? For anyone who's an Eagles fan?
Great take here man. I honestly believe that if Wentz lights it up next week and Hurts sucks, that Djax will be genuinely happy. That's not a fan.

@DJackson10 Judging from your comments, you are no longer an Eagles fan. You are a Wentz fan. Please leave this thread and go to the Commanders one. They have some good people there who I’m sure will take care of you.

Somehow the Wentz trade broke you and you have gone off the rails since then. I hope you get help for whatever ails you.

I'm an Eagles I'm just a really judging fan. I'm the the blow roses and Sunshine up peoples asses drink he kool aid. If you want that your welcome to watch Fanboy Micheal Barkan all day. or the GOV.

My issue is the unnecessary hate for Wentz. I said this years ago before the Wentz thing. But If I was an athlete from Philly I would NEVER PLAY HERE. Why? The entitlement from the media and some fans and unnecessary hate. We had a great Phillies team and there still people hating Howard and Rollins. Hell bring up McNabb and people act like you told them their mother is a corner worker. The Sports radio is no better in this town. If I listen to any Sports radio its WFAN at least they got a variety of sports topics

I've been wanting to drive Gannon out of town for a while now, but I can admit last night he proved me wrong. I want to see more of it, but I'm not going to make excuses like the dropped passes or Cousins being garbage, he had a good plan and they executed, so good for Gannon, good for me, good for the fans and the team. That's the win-win I want, me being wrong and the team doing well.

There are only two scenarios that work for me. Crash and burn big or play elite all season long and establish yourself as a top 10 QB and build from there. Anything in the middle and I'm hoping to land a QB in the draft.

There in lies my issues here. He's good regular season Guy like Lamar but he isn't winning you anything in the playoffs. For now I'll take him he keeps us competitive but I'd rather upgrade sooner then later if we can. At least Howie and company aren't putting all their eggs in the Hurts basket and building around him. That way if and when they replace him rookie or FA has guys surrounding him to succeed right away. Or he continues to build and has a team around him to win.

Did you see Lamar Jackson has Philly on his short list of teams he wants to play for. LOL!

I agree with this. He mentioned the Washington injured players which is setting up the excuse for when Hurts plays well again. Honestly you can come up with an excuse every single week but at some point the guy is just good. Time will tell.

Randall had the Carl Banks MNF game, McNabb had the “TO Desperate Housewives” Dallas MNF game, Wentz had the Washington sack-escape MNF performance, even Koy Detmer had that big thumping of the Niners on MNF.

That’s going to be the defining MNF game for Hurts.

I agree with this. He mentioned the Washington injured players which is setting up the excuse for when Hurts plays well again. Honestly you can come up with an excuse every single week but at some point the guy is just good. Time will tell.
Good players should beat up on bad teams and take advantage of situations that are in their favor. If they didn't, then they probably aren't that good to begin with. And the way the league is today, the majority of teams out there just aren't that good, have major holes, or are decimated by injury. Anyway, time to move on. Bring me the head of the one they call Wentz!

84% completion percentage, 333 yards passing and TD. Not including his rushing stats. As they said on the post game show, who are you going to draft to come in and do better next year?

he was converting like every 3rd down. only thing that stopped us was stupid penalties. the refs seemed like they were half baked last night though
I'd love to hear Sirianni address the ineligible player downfield calls. I couldn't tell if it was bad play design, mistakes by the linemen or the refs calling something stricter than normal.
The one on Seomolu was so ticky tack. He was 2.5 yards downfield, after having driven a defender back, turning around back towards the LOS at the time...NOT still moving downfield. Pretty sure they get 2 yards normally. So yeah...the refs were calling that MUCH tighter then normal

For sure. The statement about Djax is based on his continued comments over the past 3 years, not one game. He's got blinders on, everything with Wentz is excused, everything with Hurts is criticized. By no means do I think Hurts is anointed, and in fact I've said on multiple occasions I need to see a lot of progression in the passing game, because good defenses WILL take away his running. To me the Dallas game is going to be telling, because their defense will challenge him for sure.
I get it, and as a former doubter, I had many of the same thoughts. But he wasn't merely better in this game...he was pinpoint fantastic. He had numerous passes last night that went into tight windows, into the ONLY spots they could go without being incomplete or picked. His accuracy this year has been significantly better, and all the talking heads are talking about his improved footwork and hard work being the reason. Many QBs can put up the passing numbers he did against a bad defense....but the defense was in a position to make many plays and couldn't. Look at his first incomplete and his pick...both were PERFECT passes. He had several to Goedert and Smith especially that were in tight windows.
IE: Through two weeks, it really DOES look like he's taken the next step. Perhaps it's a mirage and won't last, but he played BETTER then some of y'all are giving him credit for....and better even then the terrific numbers he put up.

I don't think Jalen Hurts can carry a mediocre team on his shoulders to a NFCCG or Super Bowl and win. I think Jalen Hurts is good enough to lead a good team to the NFCCG or Super Bowl and win.

How good is this Eagles team?

I mean, the one and only time Aaron Rodgers led his team to a Super Bowl and won, he had the #2 defense in the league. QB's don't carry mediocre teams to the Super Bowl and win. (Bengals almost were the exception to that). QB's that win the Super Bowl make good teams great.

I don't think Jalen Hurts can carry a mediocre team on his shoulders to a NFCCG or Super Bowl and win. I think Jalen Hurts is good enough to lead a good team to the NFCCG or Super Bowl and win.

I mean, the one and only time Aaron Rodgers led his team to a Super Bowl and won, he had the #2 defense in the league. QB's don't carry mediocre teams to the Super Bowl and win. (Bengals almost were the exception to that). QB's that win the Super Bowl make good teams great.
Similarly, the one SB Peyton won with the Colts was the year that they had by far their best defense during his tenure, and not coincidentally was the one year that Bob Sanders stayed healthy the whole time.

My issue and he needs to prove it is he can beat winning teams. Eagles last year finished with no wins and 7 loses vs Playoff teams last year including playoffs. Now you can say some of that is on the defense and other guys but Jalen's Numbers in those games before garbage time stat padding were less then ideal. In away for the Eagles losing to the Bucs was a blessing in disguise as TB literally exposed everything in terms of deficiencies Hurts has to work on. Through 2 games I really can't say those are fixed for good or not. If those flaws aren't fixed this team is just going to keep being 1 and done come playoff time. That's my overall concern here. As of right now I'm not feeling confident in getting into a shootout with Hurts as my guy against a Matthew Stafford, Mahomes. Josh Allen etc in the playoffs.

Hurts is a great guy, good leader, hard worker everything you want in a young guy. Hell this guy is more accountable then Cam Newton ever was who took every positive to throw on himself and then everything that went wrong he'd throw his teammates under the bus and sulk. Hurts actually mentioned something I did in the game thread about not scoring in the 2nd half. He basically said "I and the team left plays out there in the 2nd half and we need to keep our foot on the pedal." He also said he knows there's plays he wanted back out there. Those are really good mature steps for a young QB and teammates see that and will love that. People think I'm rooting for the guy to fail. I'm not. I just don't want to be stuck with a Lamar/DAK type QB. Great in regular season but can't be trusted in playoffs. I've seen QB like Hurts before in the NFL over my yrs and they just never work out well.

2 things that tell me they don't think Hurts is the guy yet. They didn't name a starter last year till late even though everyone knew it'd be Hurts. A former Philly Sports broadcaster Derrick Gunn asked a question about this in camp on twitter what everyone thinks of this. I tweeted him it sounds like exactly what I've heard that they don't trust Hurts as the guy yet. Some smart *** asked me what Sources to what Gunn replied "SEVERAL" and DGUNN is very well plugged into the team.

The other is they had 2 first rounders in the draft last year. From what I heard if they had liked a guy in the draft they take him plus Hurts would be traded but they were also ok keeping Hurts this year if they couldn't find their guy. The Eagles then found a way to turn that First rounder this year into another next year. all while trading this past years first for a legit #1 WR in AJ Brown. That first rounder the Eagles have right now belongs to the NO Saints which could very well be looking at a top Ten pick. Why would they keep 2 first rounders and mind you there's really been no talk outside one Eagles blog on a Hurts extension yet. If Hurts does end up being the guy those 2 first rounders can be used to draft a top CB to replenish the youth and SS or DL. Some would say its just smart business to get 2 1st rounders but when you also have QB question marks which some don't seem to want to agree with the reality its good insurance. And trust me analyst around the league were saying Eagles are a top 5 contender BUT what the question is how good is Hurts going to be or an be?

Either way Howie Roseman is looking at an absolute heist at the end of the day if everything works.

There are only two scenarios that work for me. Crash and burn big or play elite all season long and establish yourself as a top 10 QB and build from there. Anything in the middle and I'm hoping to land a QB in the draft.

Thats where I'm at. Anything in the middle I'm not taking a chance with Hurts I'm drafting a guy. Hurts could still get you good value in a trade though and then team will still have Minshew as the Back u. If the Eagles take a guy Hurts isn't staying. That's already been agreed to by Nick, Howie and Jeffrey. THEY DO NOT WANT A WENTZ?HURTS SITUATION AGAIN. If they are drafting a guy Hurts isn't here so I hope people don't try and talk themselves in lets draft a guy because "at least Hurts would be a back up if something happens or we can trade minshew."

Did you see Lamar Jackson has Philly on his short list of teams he wants to play for. LOL!

Eagles aren't giving him that money. It would be career suicide for Howie.

Good players should beat up on bad teams and take advantage of situations that are in their favor. If they didn't, then they probably aren't that good to begin with. And the way the league is today, the majority of teams out there just aren't that good, have major holes, or are decimated by injury. Anyway, time to move on. Bring me the head of the one they call Wentz!

Yet Hurts didn't beat one playoff team all last year? and He looked like he didn't even belong in the league in a couple of them. He was able to pad his stats at the end of a few games the Thursday Nighter vs TB comes to mind to make his stats look somewhat better

IE: Through two weeks, it really DOES look like he's taken the next step. Perhaps it's a mirage and won't last, but he played BETTER then some of y'all are giving him credit for....and better even then the terrific numbers he put up.

Not saying he hasn't played well through two games. I want to see it for the whole season. I've been sucked into this in the past with Qbs like this. Look good for a few weeks looks like they finally have it all together then put up a bunch of clunkers after the league adjusts again.

Cam Newton was the poster boy of this. Willing to bet most people don't realize the year SF benched CK and Carolina ran off that long winning streak to start the season, Cam and Colin had identical numbers. So what was the difference? Simple Their records and Cam had a team talented enough around and a great defense that hid a lot of his issues. He then went on the have a Madden like 2nd half which made his numbers look better. Vick's first year as a starter here where he had his MNF game did the same thing only his First half of the season was so good and his second half was a train wreck. The only good great game he had was the comeback part 2 in the Meadowlands with the Jackson PR TD.

But thats what I'm worried most about. has Hurts really put it all together or is just just a tease and after a few games he comes back to Earth? I don't think we can judge either way after 2 games.

And QBs make the offensive Players around them better even the avg guys.

Hurts is a great guy, good leader, hard worker everything you want in a young guy. Hell this guy is more accountable then Cam Newton ever was who took every positive to throw on himself and then everything that went wrong he'd throw his teammates under the bus and sulk. Hurts actually mentioned something I did in the game thread about not scoring in the 2nd half. He basically said "I and the team left plays out there in the 2nd half and we need to keep our foot on the pedal." He also said he knows there's plays he wanted back out there. Those are really good mature steps for a young QB and teammates see that and will love that. People think I'm rooting for the guy to fail. I'm not. I just don't want to be stuck with a Lamar/DAK type QB. Great in regular season but can't be trusted in playoffs. I've seen QB like Hurts before in the NFL over my yrs and they just never work out well.
The problem with the bolded is that Dak and Lamar are both in the top half of NFL starting QBs and it's not that easy to upgrade. 2021 was supposed to be a loaded QB draft and I'm not sure any of those guys will ever be better than Dak. Even if Hurts ceiling is like the 10th best QB in the league, there is a tremendous amount of risk in trading away Hurts and drafting someone that has as much of a chance of being Mayfiled, Darnold or Zach Wilson as they do of being Burrow or Herbert.

Yet Hurts didn't beat one playoff team all last year? and He looked like he didn't even belong in the league in a couple of them. He was able to pad his stats at the end of a few games the Thursday Nighter vs TB comes to mind to make his stats look somewhat better
The point you're refusing to acknowledge is so far, this year, he doesn't look like the same player as last year. He has improved. Also, team game, No QB beats good teams on their own. Just doesn't happen, like ever. I think everyone would rather you just stop nit picking every little thing and enjoy the ride while it lasts. You ignored my original post, what do you gain by being right if he fails? Does it make you happy being right while the team suffers? I'd rather be wrong and watch them win, personally.

The problem with the bolded is that Dak and Lamar are both in the top half of NFL starting QBs and it's not that easy to upgrade. 2021 was supposed to be a loaded QB draft and I'm not sure any of those guys will ever be better than Dak. Even if Hurts ceiling is like the 10th best QB in the league, there is a tremendous amount of risk in trading away Hurts and drafting someone that has as much of a chance of being Mayfiled, Darnold or Zach Wilson as they do of being Burrow or Herbert.
Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

To your point, here are 5 QBs taken in the top half of the 2021 QB-friendly draft. Forget Dak, I'm not sure if any of them will ever be better than Hurts, who's only been in the league 1 year longer than them. Yes, the Eagles set themselves up with a plan B if Hurts didn't improve, but plan B isn't a guarantee either.

Now imagine Hurts does earn the right to be the long-term QB - now the Eagles have 2 first round picks they can add to an already strong team. I'd rather see that than starting over with another lottery ticket and a prayer.

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

To your point, here are 5 QBs taken in the top half of the 2021 QB-friendly draft. Forget Dak, I'm not sure if any of them will ever be better than Hurts, who's only been in the league 1 year longer than them. Yes, the Eagles set themselves up with a plan B if Hurts didn't improve, but plan B isn't a guarantee either.

Now imagine Hurts does earn the right to be the long-term QB - now the Eagles have 2 first round picks they can add to an already strong team. I'd rather see that than starting over with another lottery ticket and a prayer.

hurts is better than all those guys already

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

hurts is better than all those guys already

After all the offseason chatter about the Eagles and Russell Wilson, I'm not sure if Wilson is even better then Hurts at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread