What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

Hurts showed what it takes to be the QB in Philly. Great job overcoming a rocky start. In other news, Wentz still sucks. Can’t wait to read @DJackson10 “hot takes” and excuses for both of those.🤣
Hurts wasn't great - but those conditions were horride for passing. Receivers on both teams dropping everything. Eagles knew this and pounded the ball over and over again for the win - Jags kept trying to throw. I think If Jax did what the Eagled did and really committed to running the ball in that mess, they'd have won.
I could see that. There were people in the game and injury threads asking if Robinson was hurt because he did nothing in the second and third quarters. That was because the Jaguar possessions were short because they kept trying to throw and kept turning the ball over.

If Sanders hasn't earned an extension today I don't know what he needs to do. I know some people will turn on him if he gets injured again but he had a huge game today when the offense needed it.

He doesn't deserve nor should get huge money given his availability issues and the end of games and halves they still don't trust his ball security

Good comeback but a terrible day to pass. Can't really judge the passing game on either side with the terrible weather. This was a game built for the Eagles in the trenches which is why we've invested. Jeff Stoutland gets a ton of credit. All the offensive line guys who played today were developed by the Eagles and Stoutland. Good win that early on looked like a horrible loss.

Hurts showed what it takes to be the QB in Philly. Great job overcoming a rocky start. In other news, Wentz still sucks. Can’t wait to read @DJackson10 “hot takes” and excuses for both of those.🤣

Maybe just maybe worry about your guys and team. Kind of sad you had to come in here and mention me instead of enjoying your win. Nice to see Dal found their franchise QB in Cooper Rush btw. Maybe you can trade DAK now for some Offensive line help and secondary help and some draft picks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If Sanders hasn't earned an extension today I don't know what he needs to do. I know some people will turn on him if he gets injured again but he had a huge game today when the offense needed it.

He doesn't deserve nor should get huge money given his availability issues and the end of games and halves they still don't trust his ball security
And that he barely contributes in the passing game.

I mean, Sanders shouldn't get huge money because that's the way the NFL is now. It's a passing league. Yea, you have games like Sunday where its hard to pass and you gotta grind out a gutsy win - but games won with the passing game are by far the majority. I don't think any RB should get huge money. I mean - Christian McCafferty averaged 6.8 YPC in week two - and they still lost to the Giants. With a salary cap - it's just not a position that should take a huge % of the pie.
I was impressed with Sanders ball security this game - kept bracing for a fumble on one of those carries as he fought for yards a LOT - but he didn't. Stellar job.

I mean, Sanders shouldn't get huge money because that's the way the NFL is now. It's a passing league. Yea, you have games like Sunday where its hard to pass and you gotta grind out a gutsy win - but games won with the passing game are by far the majority. I don't think any RB should get huge money. I mean - Christian McCafferty averaged 6.8 YPC in week two - and they still lost to the Giants. With a salary cap - it's just not a position that should take a huge % of the pie.
I was impressed with Sanders ball security this game - kept bracing for a fumble on one of those carries as he fought for yards a LOT - but he didn't. Stellar job.
Sanders was a huge reason they won yesterday. I was also waiting for the ball to pop out - great job by him holding onto a wet ball when everyone knew he was going to carry it. But I also agree there are very few RBs (if any) worth breaking the bank. Its possibly the easiest position to replace.

Trey Sermon is only 23 and under contract through 2024. I know he doesn't have the top-end speed Sanders has but he is a bit bigger. I wonder how he would do behind this Eagles line as a main back.

The last time the last team to lose in the NFL won the Superbowl was in 2006.

Let's hope they aren't peaking too soon.
I'm not thinking Super Bowl. we won 4 games... Remember this team looked like they didnt even belong last year in the playoffs. records aside, I still wouldn't put them with the Bills and Chiefs. I'm just enjoying the wins, and am waiting to evaluate how good this team is till after the Dallas game.

Sanders was a huge reason they won yesterday. I was also waiting for the ball to pop out - great job by him holding onto a wet ball when everyone knew he was going to carry it. But I also agree there are very few RBs (if any) worth breaking the bank. Its possibly the easiest position to replace.

Trey Sermon is only 23 and under contract through 2024. I know he doesn't have the top-end speed Sanders has but he is a bit bigger. I wonder how he would do behind this Eagles line as a main back.

Plus you can always find RBs in the draft. The thing is the Eagles have such a good offensive Line almost any guy can be put back there essentially. No need to break the bank. Plus an RB's self life in the NFL avg wise is less then the QB or WR.

OK Gannon, I’m in.
Other than Hurts, I think my biggest concern coming into the season was play calling by both Steichen and Gannon and for the most part I think they have both been really good. We can quibble about the 2nd half play calling against Minnesota and Washington but overall I think Steichen in particular has called really good games. :thumbup:

OK Gannon, I’m in.
Other than Hurts, I think my biggest concern coming into the season was play calling by both Steichen and Gannon and for the most part I think they have both been really good. We can quibble about the 2nd half play calling against Minnesota and Washington but overall I think Steichen in particular has called really good games. :thumbup:

I won't be surprised if Steichen gets a HC job after this season. Gannon might, too. But the hot, young Offensive-minded coaches seem to be the flavor-of-the-month in the NFL lately.

Plus you can always find RBs in the draft. The thing is the Eagles have such a good offensive Line almost any guy can be put back there essentially. No need to break the bank. Plus an RB's self life in the NFL avg wise is less then the QB or WR.

I made this argument in 16 when a lot of Fans wanted Zeke over drafting Wentz/Geoff. Look what DAL is paying Elliot now and his production doesn't match. DAL is paying DAK and Zeke insane money and DAK has now gotten hurt the last 2 yrs and Elliot looks slower then Pollard. Knowing what we do now would you rather draft Zeke instead of getting Carson?

We don't win the SB without Wentz.

We traded Wentz and that pick has become Devonta Smith when we traded the 3rd rounder and has been traded again for another 1st rounder. 1 of those became AJ Brown and the other was traded to acquire a 2nd 1st in this coming draft which is NO's pick that is a top 2 pick in the draft

Dal is paying Zeke huge $$$$ to truck around like he's running in mud and looks no where as explosive as he did years ago when he came into the league.

So what would you rather have? SB plus Brown, Smith and a potential top 3 pick in this years draft with our team looking really good as is or paying an aging RB tons of money and Production isn't even close to pay. Cap issues and can't fix other offensive problems with a QB who is probably nothing more then a really good Regular season QB but won't do much in the playoffs?

Last edited:
I made this argument in 16 when a lot of Fans wanted Zeke over drafting Wentz/Geoff. Look what DAL is paying Elliot now and his production doesn't match. DAL is paying DAK and Zeke insane money and DAK has now gotten hurt the last 2 yrs and Elliot looks slower then Pollard. Knowing what we do now would you rather draft Zeke instead of getting Carson?

We traded Wentz and that pick has become Devonta Smith when we traded the 3rd rounder and has been traded again for another 1st rounder. 1 of those became AJ Brown and the other was traded to acquire a 2nd 1st in this coming draft which is NO's pick that is a top 2 pick in the draft

Dal is paying Zeke huge $$$$ to truck around like he's running in mud and looks no where as explosive as he did years ago when he came into the league.

So what would you rather have?
I agree with everything here, especially the bolded. I would never argue for a first round RB. Certainly not with how the game is played today. I would love to keep Sanders on a team-friendly, short term contract - but that's not likely to happen.

The Eagles' O-line has produced some big numbers against top run defenses with journeyman RBs in recent years.

So what would you rather have?
I agree with everything here, especially the bolded. I would never argue for a first round RB. Certainly not with how the game is played today. I would love to keep Sanders on a team-friendly, short term contract - but that's not likely to happen.

The Eagles' O-line has produced some big numbers against top run defenses with journeyman RBs in recent years.

Yeah I wasn't arguing I was just saying this was mine and others including the Eagles why they chose QB over a top RB in the draft. It's just economically better use of your resources.

Sanders is a great complimentary back to the offense but you can find similar players for cheaper. With the track record of RBs we've had recently with this Offensive like there's no need to get a big name.

Cameron Dicker was signed to the PS as Jake Elliot dealing with a leg injury. Dicker the Kicker. Kicked for the Texas Longhorns

This Eagles team is for real. 8-0 start seems very likely.
Not sure I'd say likely, but I do see us at 7-1. There's always some team we are supposed to beat that could easily just take us out.
That Dallas defense is for real. I'm not counting on anything until I see us do well against them - we've been getting owned by Dallas lately.

This Eagles team is for real. 8-0 start seems very likely.
Not sure I'd say likely, but I do see us at 7-1. There's always some team we are supposed to beat that could easily just take us out.
That Dallas defense is for real. I'm not counting on anything until I see us do well against them - we've been getting owned by Dallas lately.
Yup that's the test. Beat them now and we are golden. Even if we don't we are pretty damn good. But need to stomp them now

i was listening to the Philly Special podcast today, and they mentioned a good point about how lucky the Eagles kind of got getting AJ Brown. I still thin Howie deserves a ton of credit, but they really got lucky when they avoided landing Calvin Ridley, missed out on Christian Kirk, then got outbid to land Allen Robinson.

and after watching the pathetic Thursday night game, it is wonderful how lucky the Eagles were to not land Rus Wilson.

During the course of the remaining 15 games it may prove to be different, but 2 games in I'll take 2022 Hurts over 2022 Wilson. Wilson has been less accurate and nowhere near the dual threat Hurts is.

Not sure why it's so controversial to you. Russell hasn't looked good. And he used the words "I'm not sure", not "Russell isn't"

I think we can all agree it's far to soon to use language like the second

and after watching the pathetic Thursday night game, it is wonderful how lucky the Eagles were to not land Rus Wilson.
Getting closer....

I think I was of the mind I'm not paying more than 1 first for Wilson this off-season. Now seeing even that price was too high. We were never really in the running and thank goodness for that.

Reactions: Ash
i was listening to the Philly Special podcast today, and they mentioned a good point about how lucky the Eagles kind of got getting AJ Brown. I still thin Howie deserves a ton of credit, but they really got lucky when they avoided landing Calvin Ridley, missed out on Christian Kirk, then got outbid to land Allen Robinson.

Add in Watson and there's 3 examples of "what ifs" that didn't happen because of the actions or preferences of players targeted by the Eagles for a trade.

In “news we all saw coming”: After playing just 35 total snaps in 2 games for DAL, Jason Peters is out multiple weeks with an injury.

I've said for years Wilson was overrated. System QB at best. nothing wrong with that but I think a lot of people thought Russ was a lot better then he was.

Ridley would've been great without the issues though.

I think I was of the mind I'm not paying more than 1 first for Wilson this off-season. Now seeing even that price was too high. We were never really in the running and thank goodness for that.

We were never in the running from what I heard. It was just the media coming up with a logical story and throwing **** up on a wall hoping it stuck. We inquired about his availability and then said see ya. Thats all that happened. The story was there because of our draft assets and QB questions.

Add in Watson and there's 3 examples of "what ifs" that didn't happen because of the actions or preferences of players targeted by the Eagles for a trade.

Thankfully they did their dual dilegents and sent PI's out there to check in. PIs came back and basically said **** this guy stay away from him and literally every other team said the same thing. Browns outbid themselves because they were desperate. If I was Clevland I'd have kept Baker and let Watson rot in Houston.

I've said for years Wilson was overrated. System QB at best. nothing wrong with that but I think a lot of people thought Russ was a lot better then he was.

Ridley would've been great without the issues though.
I'll give you props on this one. I was a fan of Wilson (although di not want them to give up near what Denver did) but you were on record as that being a bad idea. Well done.

Unless the Eagles really struggle with their longest road trip of the season, or play way off their potential they should handle the Cardinals pretty comfortably this week.

The Cards are a pretty blitz heavy team and they do a fair bit of coverage disguise and rotation. They’re not especially good on D because they don’t have great players, but Vance Joseph will call the game aggressively and take some chances.

I want to see how they build in help for Driscoll, assuming Mailata is out (or even if he’s in and less than 100%). JJ Watt isn’t what he used to be, but he will still be a tough assignment for Driscoll to handle on his own.

Also want to see them do a better job of building answers for the blitz into the route packages. The protection should hold comfortably as long as they have the numbers, but if the Cards send more than the Eagles pick up, I want Hurts to have a quick throw built in.

Eagles win 27-17

Thankfully they did their dual dilegents and sent PI's out there to check in. PIs came back and basically said **** this guy stay away from him and literally every other team said the same thing. Browns outbid themselves because they were desperate. If I was Clevland I'd have kept Baker and let Watson rot in Houston.
The Browns would almost certainly have been bad enough with Baker this year, they would have been able to get one of the top QBs in the 2023 class.

Unless the Eagles really struggle with their longest road trip of the season, or play way off their potential they should handle the Cardinals pretty comfortably this week.

The Cards are a pretty blitz heavy team and they do a fair bit of coverage disguise and rotation. They’re not especially good on D because they don’t have great players, but Vance Joseph will call the game aggressively and take some chances.

I want to see how they build in help for Driscoll, assuming Mailata is out (or even if he’s in and less than 100%). JJ Watt isn’t what he used to be, but he will still be a tough assignment for Driscoll to handle on his own.

Also want to see them do a better job of building answers for the blitz into the route packages. The protection should hold comfortably as long as they have the numbers, but if the Cards send more than the Eagles pick up, I want Hurts to have a quick throw built in.

Eagles win 27-17

They play the zone defense Tampa and other teams play that Hurts has struggled with. They may not be as good as Tampa's but Hurts has struggled with the overall scheme of it no matter the talent out there. So it should be interesting match up with that.

The Browns would almost certainly have been bad enough with Baker this year, they would have been able to get one of the top QBs in the 2023 class.

It was just a head scratcher especially since Andrew Berry their GM was a Philly student of the staff. He wouldn't have done anything that stupid so I believe the finally call came from higher like the Haslem's etc. Just a stupid overall decision when you are bidding against yourselves and literally every teams people have come back and told their teams to **** that guy let HOU keep him.

I don't think the Eagles roll the Cardinals on the road, but I do expect them to win. Murray is dangerous andI'd expect a nice comeback attempt by 'Zona. Eagles up 14 at the half, ultimately win 31-27

Eagles 34
Cards 14

This is the game where everyone goes "Oh snap they are for real"

Aj Goes off
Jalen Goes off
Kyler runs around and gets slapped a few times
Miles continues his career season

Game isn't as close as the score says too.

Users who are viewing this thread