What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

When are the Vikings ever gonna learn? Karma is a you know what

Vikings announcer Paul Allen this summer on VSIN: “A lot of eyes will be opened second game of the season when [the Vikings] go back there and whoop that a**”

Hurts is a great guy, good leader, hard worker everything you want in a young guy. Hell this guy is more accountable then Cam Newton ever was who took every positive to throw on himself and then everything that went wrong he'd throw his teammates under the bus and sulk. Hurts actually mentioned something I did in the game thread about not scoring in the 2nd half. He basically said "I and the team left plays out there in the 2nd half and we need to keep our foot on the pedal." He also said he knows there's plays he wanted back out there. Those are really good mature steps for a young QB and teammates see that and will love that. People think I'm rooting for the guy to fail. I'm not. I just don't want to be stuck with a Lamar/DAK type QB. Great in regular season but can't be trusted in playoffs. I've seen QB like Hurts before in the NFL over my yrs and they just never work out well.
The problem with the bolded is that Dak and Lamar are both in the top half of NFL starting QBs and it's not that easy to upgrade. 2021 was supposed to be a loaded QB draft and I'm not sure any of those guys will ever be better than Dak. Even if Hurts ceiling is like the 10th best QB in the league, there is a tremendous amount of risk in trading away Hurts and drafting someone that has as much of a chance of being Mayfiled, Darnold or Zach Wilson as they do of being Burrow or Herbert.

I don't think its fair to classify Zach Wilson there yet. He's only had 1 season. The Eagles felt high enough on Wilson they tried to trade up for him though. That's another thing I forgot to mention in one of my last posts. They were looking at moving up for a QB in 21.

Hurts is a great guy, good leader, hard worker everything you want in a young guy. Hell this guy is more accountable then Cam Newton ever was who took every positive to throw on himself and then everything that went wrong he'd throw his teammates under the bus and sulk. Hurts actually mentioned something I did in the game thread about not scoring in the 2nd half. He basically said "I and the team left plays out there in the 2nd half and we need to keep our foot on the pedal." He also said he knows there's plays he wanted back out there. Those are really good mature steps for a young QB and teammates see that and will love that. People think I'm rooting for the guy to fail. I'm not. I just don't want to be stuck with a Lamar/DAK type QB. Great in regular season but can't be trusted in playoffs. I've seen QB like Hurts before in the NFL over my yrs and they just never work out well.
The problem with the bolded is that Dak and Lamar are both in the top half of NFL starting QBs and it's not that easy to upgrade. 2021 was supposed to be a loaded QB draft and I'm not sure any of those guys will ever be better than Dak. Even if Hurts ceiling is like the 10th best QB in the league, there is a tremendous amount of risk in trading away Hurts and drafting someone that has as much of a chance of being Mayfiled, Darnold or Zach Wilson as they do of being Burrow or Herbert.
Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

To your point, here are 5 QBs taken in the top half of the 2021 QB-friendly draft. Forget Dak, I'm not sure if any of them will ever be better than Hurts, who's only been in the league 1 year longer than them. Yes, the Eagles set themselves up with a plan B if Hurts didn't improve, but plan B isn't a guarantee either.

Now imagine Hurts does earn the right to be the long-term QB - now the Eagles have 2 first round picks they can add to an already strong team. I'd rather see that than starting over with another lottery ticket and a prayer.

hurts is better than all those guys already

After all the offseason chatter about the Eagles and Russell Wilson, I'm not sure if Wilson is even better then Hurts at this point.

Wilson was overrated who was In a great system in SEA. He was never that great. he had a great run game for years and a stout defense. "But he won a SB" people will say. Wilson had a good playoffs but look at his playoffs stats since then. Also that SB by the time he threw his first TD pass the game was already out of reach. Was never a big Wilson fan. Not saying he's not a good QB but he wasn't worth even half of what Den paid to trade for him or contract wise.

I don't think its fair to classify Zach Wilson there yet. He's only had 1 season. The Eagles felt high enough on Wilson they tried to trade up for him though. That's another thing I forgot to mention in one of my last posts. They were looking at moving up for a QB in 21.
At the time of the 2021 draft, Hurts had started a total of 4 games and had zero training camps as the projected starter.

As a side note, aren't you glad Hurts starts for the Eagles here in 2022 and not Wilson?

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

To your point, here are 5 QBs taken in the top half of the 2021 QB-friendly draft. Forget Dak, I'm not sure if any of them will ever be better than Hurts, who's only been in the league 1 year longer than them. Yes, the Eagles set themselves up with a plan B if Hurts didn't improve, but plan B isn't a guarantee either.

Now imagine Hurts does earn the right to be the long-term QB - now the Eagles have 2 first round picks they can add to an already strong team. I'd rather see that than starting over with another lottery ticket and a prayer.

Eagles btw thought highly enough of Wilson they tried really hard to move u and take him with the Jets pick. I mean there was legit interest here. This wasn't one of those reporters making up a story on this one. They had pretty exclusive talks. So obviously the Eagles felt Wilson was an upgrade. To move up was just not worth the price though. I think if the Eagles didn't think they could complete with Hurts last year they make the trade up, but they were and still were this offseason looking to upgrade at Starting QB.

I was never sold on Lawrence or Fields. I still think Jones can amount to something. I think Lawrence is good but not close to the once in a Gen talent people are claiming. I liked Lance out of college but not as a 1st rounder.

Eagles btw thought highly enough of Wilson they tried really hard to move u and take him with the Jets pick. I mean there was legit interest here. This wasn't one of those reporters making up a story on this one. They had pretty exclusive talks. So obviously the Eagles felt Wilson was an upgrade. To move up was just not worth the price though. I think if the Eagles didn't think they could complete with Hurts last year they make the trade up, but they were and still were this offseason looking to upgrade at Starting QB.

I was never sold on Lawrence or Fields. I still think Jones can amount to something. I think Lawrence is good but not close to the once in a Gen talent people are claiming. I liked Lance out of college but not as a 1st rounder.
They were all QBs with top 1st round grades. And there's a possibility none of them pan out. I'm glad we have Hurts starting instead of Wilson.

At the time of the 2021 draft, Hurts had started a total of 4 games and had zero training camps as the projected starter.

As a side note, aren't you glad Hurts starts for the Eagles here in 2022 and not Wilson?

Of coarse I'd rather have Hurts over some other guys but the guys I'm glad he's starting over isn't saying much. If I was the GM and I felt this team needed a better option at QB for a SB run on this team and didn't cost too much I'd have made the move to trade for Jimmy G. Playoff experience got to the SB with similar team structure. Still have my draft picks going into 23" draft to take my guy.

Also tons of rookies were in a similar space as Hurts. Herbert had zero training camp too without any NFL starts.

The one thing people forget is Hurts wasn't drafted as Howie's QB. He was drafted for Pederson as a young developmental guy. He's not Nick's guy and not Howie's guy and Howie drafted him along with Reagor as olive branch to Doug. So the Eagles aren't married to Hurts like some think. Like I said before he has this year to prove himself. There's no next year.

They were all QBs with top 1st round grades. And there's a possibility none of them pan out. I'm glad we have Hurts starting instead of Wilson.

and you can have that opinion. But unlike others I'm not going to personally insult people for a different opinion.

Of coarse I'd rather have Hurts over some other guys but the guys I'm glad he's starting over isn't saying much. If I was the GM and I felt this team needed a better option at QB for a SB run on this team and didn't cost too much I'd have made the move to trade for Jimmy G. Playoff experience got to the SB with similar team structure. Still have my draft picks going into 23" draft to take my guy.

Also tons of rookies were in a similar space as Hurts. Herbert had zero training camp too without any NFL starts.

The one thing people forget is Hurts wasn't drafted as Howie's QB. He was drafted for Pederson as a young developmental guy. He's not Nick's guy and not Howie's guy and Howie drafted him along with Reagor as olive branch to Doug. So the Eagles aren't married to Hurts like some think. Like I said before he has this year to prove himself. There's no next year.
But you would rather they draft a QB in the first round in '23. However draft history shows us they are more likely than not to draft a QB that's worse than what they have right now. You seem to think a QB should better than Hurts after their second year (Hurts is only in his 3rd). The 2021 draft was considered to be very QB friendly, yet none of the QBs taken at the top of that draft have shown to be better than what you're likely to draft in '23.

And Hurts still has 15 more games in '22 to show further improvement. He's already vastly improved from '21 in his decision making.

Vikings ESPN reporter trying to insult Eagles fans has it turned around on him. Kevin Seifert is the ESPN Vikings reporter. This guy is their Tim McManus Kevin thought it'd be funny to troll Eagles fans and make some smart *** comments. Not a good idea and he used old school material. It started out with this fine tweet how the Eagles booed Santa so Jealen Reagor would get booed no matter what. Later he tries to put himself as the victim with the whole "Your tweets to me proved my point" yada yada yada.

And Hurts still has 15 more games in '22 to show further improvement. He's already vastly improved from '21 in his decision making.

The first 2 games he has shown that yes? But is that going to continue? Hurts biggest issue is consistency. He did this all through college. Had a few games where it looked like he put it all together and then the rest of the way never had consistent performances. People thought Vick had this amazing season in 12 the year people were saying MVP for him etc. This was the Jackson PR game year. First half Vick put up Madden like Video game numbers. If you look at his first and 2nd half splits they are a complete 18O. The 2nd half was downright awful. Tripled the amount of his TO's from the first half, sacked more, worse completion % etc. The saving grace that made Vick's numbers look still good were his first half video game like numbers. Cam Newton did this the year Carolina went to the SB and Cam decided being a team player in the final minutes just wasn't for him. What saved his 2nd half was his video game like numbers.

So for me are we going to get a guy who's put it all together or is Hurts going to be a Dr Jeckyle/Hyde QB his entire career? If it's the later I'd rather take my chances with the resources we have and draft a guy. Don't get me wrong. personally I love Hurts as a person. I just don't ever seeing him being one of those definite franchise QBs and we'll go in every year with some question mark on the guy. If he can be that guy great. I just don't see it though.

@DJackson10 - One word answer, who do you hope has a better game Sunday? Wentz or Hurts?

Don't care who's better as Long as we win. If Herbert doesn't play for me in fantasy then yes I hope Wentz does well for my fantasy team but WAS still looses.

And the bolded red I wanted to add for clarity so people can't accuse me of anything come Sunday.
Another fail-safe plan. Cheer for Wentz and brag about how good he does (if he does good), and then say "it's just for my fantasy team"

Impressive win. I actually like Hurts the player and respect his
DJax.....no more hatin on Hurts. Kid was fantastic tonight. Seasons still young but he's shown massive improvement from last year.

Team got a hair too conservative in the second half on offense I thought, but defense was superb. Slay an easy call for NFC DPOW.

So impressed by the play on both sides of the ball tonight!
He's been in the game thread literally hating him. DJax hates Hurts because he blames Hurts for Wentz leaving.

Nope I don't like Hurts because I think numerious Hurts fans overrate the guy routinely. Also I think people just pile on to root for Hurts in spite of Wentz not realizing everything that went on. Its like the people who just pile on to hate certain bands because the popular kids don't like them. And the sports media here is no better fueling that. Every day I see some Philly site bringing up Carson again? Why he's gone? Lets worry about our guys now. Fortunately for me I've been able to talk to at least 2 people one who was on the coaching staff and Kelce's FIL who have shared numerious stories or called out stories from the media. I also know one of the media beat writers who lives in my area who didn't partake in the click baiting headlines numerious others did. I used all that info plus my other contacts and formed an opinion. I feel he's getting the Ben Simmons hatred when really he shouldn't be. Carson didn't fake mental illness nor refused to play. Fans and media take their hatred for guys too personal.

I think Carson just gets a lot of unnecessary hate. It's too the point people won't even credit him for being a part of the SB team and forget how he put a trash can receiving corps on his back threw for over 4K and 35TDS and got to the playoffs in '19.

I like Hurts as a Person. I've just seen a lot of QBs like Hurts before. All the same. One read QBs decent athletic mobility, give you a game like tonight every few games creating false hope. Playoffs come and they can't produce. Do I hope he proves me wrong? Sure but I don't think he's a guy who can be relied on to win comeback games. He does have all the pieces to succeed around him though this year so if he fails its on him and no one else. In fact Wentz at least had some legit excuses from Doug's play calling to lack of weapons. Hurts has non of those excuses. The org learned from their mistakes from the Carson stuff and put pieces around Hurts to succeed. like I said if he fails at this point its on him.
lol, you are not remotely consistent with your Hurt hate and Wentz love. Maybe you don't admit it, but it's pretty obvious to everyone else.

To be fair somebody having a different opinion on a player isn’t necessarily hate. People use that word way too liberally.

The concerns that DJax has expressed don’t mean he hates him or he can’t see that hurts had a good game last night. However, it was one game against some pretty soft zones. He threw ONE touchdown.

I think where most people underestimate Hurts, myself included, is his resiliency and willingness to get better. He proved it in college and so far through two games he has proved that he put in the work in the off-season.

For sure. The statement about Djax is based on his continued comments over the past 3 years, not one game. He's got blinders on, everything with Wentz is excused, everything with Hurts is criticized. By no means do I think Hurts is anointed, and in fact I've said on multiple occasions I need to see a lot of progression in the passing game, because good defenses WILL take away his running. To me the Dallas game is going to be telling, because their defense will challenge him for sure.
But there's no question he showed improvement and played great these first two games. Sure we want to see more. But we can also enjoy it. Not his fault Minnesota played soft zones - and many of those throws were on the money, giving receivers the chance to run. Yea, he still runs a lot which isn't sustainable in the long term - but there WAS passing game improvement, Great to see.
I get it, and as a former doubter, I had many of the same thoughts. But he wasn't merely better in this game...he was pinpoint fantastic. He had numerous passes last night that went into tight windows, into the ONLY spots they could go without being incomplete or picked. His accuracy this year has been significantly better, and all the talking heads are talking about his improved footwork and hard work being the reason. Many QBs can put up the passing numbers he did against a bad defense....but the defense was in a position to make many plays and couldn't. Look at his first incomplete and his pick...both were PERFECT passes. He had several to Goedert and Smith especially that were in tight windows.
IE: Through two weeks, it really DOES look like he's taken the next step. Perhaps it's a mirage and won't last, but he played BETTER then some of y'all are giving him credit for....and better even then the terrific numbers he put up.
i would add to the list from Monday that pass to Quez 32 yards down the field when he rolled left. was pretty tight on a rope and he rolled left (when all reports to him rolling out in the pre-season were that he almost always rolled right). And i take the quick post to AJ Brown in a super tight window from the game against Detroit as one that needs to be pointed out for accuracy and timing, not to mention the more popular bomb he threw to AJ in stride

The first 2 games he has shown that yes? But is that going to continue? Hurts biggest issue is consistency. He did this all through college. Had a few games where it looked like he put it all together and then the rest of the way never had consistent performances. People thought Vick had this amazing season in 12 the year people were saying MVP for him etc. This was the Jackson PR game year. First half Vick put up Madden like Video game numbers. If you look at his first and 2nd half splits they are a complete 18O. The 2nd half was downright awful. Tripled the amount of his TO's from the first half, sacked more, worse completion % etc. The saving grace that made Vick's numbers look still good were his first half video game like numbers. Cam Newton did this the year Carolina went to the SB and Cam decided being a team player in the final minutes just wasn't for him. What saved his 2nd half was his video game like numbers.

So for me are we going to get a guy who's put it all together or is Hurts going to be a Dr Jeckyle/Hyde QB his entire career? If it's the later I'd rather take my chances with the resources we have and draft a guy. Don't get me wrong. personally I love Hurts as a person. I just don't ever seeing him being one of those definite franchise QBs and we'll go in every year with some question mark on the guy. If he can be that guy great. I just don't see it though.
Djax....I think you're looking at our criticisms of you the wrong way here. It isn't so much that you aren't sold yet....that's certainly a reasonable opinion to have. It's that you are so super VOCAL about not being sold, and continue to downplay when he DOES play above your expectations. I don't think any of us are 100% sold yet.....realize I was in complete agreement with you 12 months ago, even 10 months ago. But he's done EVERYTHING right since then, and he's come out doing exactly what we hoped we'd see. I fully expect he's gonna have a couple of bad game....he's still very young without a ton of starts...there WILL be more bumps in the road. And when he does we expect you're gonna be in here pounding your chest screaming how right you are. You don't seem to even have a window to BE sold....you're so far in on him NOT being the guy, you're failing to even acknowledge that, right now, he is PLAYING like the guy. Instead you still pick nits.

He's been better then just good so far...enjoy the ride and ditch some of the negativity. Stuff it and give it a couple of months. You ARE biased on this one. (FTR, I have several Wentz jerseys and still wish him well too, but Hurts is our QB now, accept it or go buy a Commanders jersey)

Last edited:

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

After all the offseason chatter about the Eagles and Russell Wilson, I'm not sure if Wilson is even better then Hurts at this point.
Are you being serious here ?

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Not sure why it's so controversial to you. Russell hasn't looked good. And he used the words "I'm not sure", not "Russell isn't"

I think we can all agree it's far to soon to use language like the second

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Not sure why it's so controversial to you. Russell hasn't looked good. And he used the words "I'm not sure", not "Russell isn't"

I think we can all agree it's far to soon to use language like the second

Drafting isn't an exact science. You can draft a Josh Rosen or you might get a Josh Allen. If there's a QB they think is the real deal, draft him. QB factory...right?

Drafting isn't an exact science. You can draft a Josh Rosen or you might get a Josh Allen. If there's a QB they think is the real deal, draft him. QB factory...right?
Absolutely agree, drafting is not an exact science. Which is why the fall back plan of drafting a QB in the first round in 2023 is no guarantee. And I suspect the teams that drafted the 5 in the top of 2021 draft all thought their guy was the real deal too.

Problem is, if you think you're getting Josh Allen and you end up with Josh Rosen, you could be setting your team back several years. If Hurts continues to progress like he's shown these first two games, I'll take my chances with him.

Absolutely agree, drafting is not an exact science. Which is why the fall back plan of drafting a QB in the first round in 2023 is no guarantee. And I suspect the teams that drafted the 5 in the top of 2021 draft all thought their guy was the real deal too.

Problem is, if you think you're getting Josh Allen and you end up with Josh Rosen, you could be setting your team back several years. If Hurts continues to progress like he's shown these first two games, I'll take my chances with him.

You can do both. Keep Hurts and draft a backup.

Obviously, Hurts has improved from last year in the first two games. But the Eagles have also improved their overall personnel and Sirianni, Steichen, and Gannon are in their 2nd year at their respective positions and all look they have improved. The players are also not having to learn new systems this year. Considering also that Detroit's offense looked great against Washington, and the Viking defense played well against Aaron Rodgers and there is a lot of reason to be optimistic about the Eagles this year.

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Wilson hasn't looked good in two years

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

I see the similarities. Both college transfers who succeeded in their second stop. Similar skill set. Wilson is probably a better passer but Hurts is better runner.

Both personalities I can’t stand.

As DJax has eluded to- and this his always my thing with RBs playing QB- at some point during a playoff run you’re going to need your quarterback to make a critical pass. Who do you want to make that critical pass, a naturally gifted runner or a naturally gifted passer?

Additionally- running quarterbacks always have a lot of success during the regular season because one, it’s the regular season, and two, defensive coaches generally don’t change their game plan dramatically for one week of regular season, however the playoffs are a different animal. They will specifically design a defense to stop a college-esk offense.

I’m not saying it can’t be done but I don’t think it’s possible without a dominant defense, behemoths on the offensive line and a strong running game. The quarterback should only have to throw no more than 20 times a game.

Last edited:

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

I see the similarities. Both college transfers who succeeded in their second stop. Similar skill set. Wilson is probably a better passer but Hurts is better runner.

As DJax has eluded to- and this his always my thing with RBs playing QB- at some point during a playoff run you’re going to need your quarterback to make a critical pass. Who do you want to make that critical pass, a naturally gifted runner or a naturally gifted passer?

Additionally- running quarterbacks always have a lot of success during the regular season because one, it’s the regular season, and two, defensive coaches generally don’t change their game plan dramatically for one week of regular season, however the playoffs are a different animal. They will specifically design a defense to stop a college-esk offense.

I’m not saying it can’t be done but I don’t think it’s possible without a dominant defense, behemoths on the offensive line and a strong running game. The quarterback should only have to throw no more than 20 times a game.
I agree with your main theme, and I still have my doubts about Hurts but just can't deny the progress he's made so far. Time will tell. But curious what about his personality don't you like? By all accounts he's a great leader and says and does all the right things you want your QB to do. Not sure if it's just anti-Eagle bias (which I get) or something I'm missing.

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

I agree with your main theme, and I still have my doubts about Hurts but just can't deny the progress he's made so far. Time will tell. But curious what about his personality don't you like? By all accounts he's a great leader and says and does all the right things you want your QB to do. Not sure if it's just anti-Eagle bias (which I get) or something I'm missing.

Zero bias except when we play each other:

Russel - seems like a fake dude. Acts like a choir boy sometimes but then when he married his wife he tries to act ghetto sometimes. Very bizarre.

Hurts - I hear how he’s a great leader and maybe he is, I just don’t like quarterback to dance like teenagers and he always has a very weird smug smirk on his face. Granted, this is coming from a 45-year-old white dude.

ETA - I would say these things if Hurts was on another team outside the division.

I’m the rare Cowboys fan who can be impartial. Super impressed with Slays performance. I think your HC is a extremely good offensive mind. He’s a little weird but I’d take that potential over fat Mike.

Last edited:

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Hey, fox, these grapes aren't sour, at all. They're ripe and delicious. For a RB, Hurts looks like a heckuva QB, so far.

I've only seen people try to completely discount the improvements we've seen in the first 2 games.
Who’s done that ?
Not you. Just read the thread.
I saw 1 poster but to be honest (and him and I have never agreed on anything) I think he’s taking some heat in here that he doesn’t really deserve
Sure, we can disagree. I just took issue with intimating people here are "crowning his ***" when no one here is doing anything of the sort. Speaking for myself, I'm just happy he's shown significant improvement and want it to continue. I think most fans feel that way.

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Hey, fox, these grapes aren't sour, at all. They're ripe and delicious. For a RB, Hurts looks like a heckuva QB, so far.

It’s like you didn’t read anything I wrote. We’re in the regular season, are we not? I certainly don’t care about other men wearing a different color uniform enough to let that effect my opinion of them as players.

RGIII, Cam, Lamar, Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Vick, Vince Young, the list goes on and on and on.

:shrug: I don’t mind a guy who can run, I just don’t want that to be a significant factor in why they got drafted.

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

It’s like you didn’t read anything I wrote. We’re in the regular season, are we not? I certainly don’t care about other men wearing a different color uniform enough to let that effect my opinion of them as players.

RGIII, Cam, Lamar, Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Vick, Vince Young, the list goes on and on and on.

:shrug: I don’t mind a guy who can run, I just don’t want that to be a significant factor in why they got drafted.
Week 1: Detroit, who is a much improved team, sold out on blitzes and pressure, hoping to neutralize Hurts. Hurts killed them with his legs, but also showed improvement in his mechanics and his willingness to stay in the pocket and read the field.

Week 2: MIN, coming off a shellacking of an NFC favorite in week 1, played a soft shell Defense and dared Hurts to beat them with his arm. He was dominant and picked them apart. He showed improvement in: his reads, his mechanics, and his ability to use the whole field. All of those have been question marks for him, dating back to college.

Is he Tom Brady, all of a sudden? No. Nobody is saying that, even the talking heads that have to get your attention in sports media. Philly fans are hopeful that his ceiling is higher than we thought. We all know it's only Week 3, and weird stuff happens the first 5-6 weeks of the season. Aside from @need2know, :ROFLMAO: nobody is crowning Hurts.

I read everything you wrote. You called him a "RB playing QB". He isn't. He has the ability to make every throw in the game. he threw a lot of dimes on MNF. My big thing with him last year was that the game looked too fast for him. He was a one-read and run QB. He put a lot of time in during the offseason, working with QB coaches on his mechanics, and the game looks like it has slowed down massively for him. I'm not ready to sign him to a huge contract, yet. But I am really, really impressed with his play, so far. And I am excited about the trajectory of the Eagles' season.

Are the Eagles going to face their share of struggles? Yes, undoubtedly. It's a loooong season. Will Defenses key up on Hurts after watching some tape? Absolutely. But the odds of Philly making it to the playoffs is way better than Dallas.

I don't see how you can watch the first 2 games of the season and call Hurts a "RB playing QB". I also disagree with you on your whole take of needing a dominant D, Massive O-line and bruising RB, with the QB passing no more than 20x per game. That's outdated. BUF and KC are the top teams in the NFL- that's the blueprint every team is chasing now.

I don't see how you can watch the first 2 games of the season and call Hurts a "RB playing QB". I also disagree with you on your whole take of needing a dominant D, Massive O-line and bruising RB, with the QB passing no more than 20x per game. That's outdated. BUF and KC are the top teams in the NFL- that's the blueprint every team is chasing now.
Also 2 teams with QBs that are known for their elusive running abilities. Last year Josh Allen ran 122 times for 763 yards. Hurts was 139 for 784. Does anyone dispute Josh Allen can win a SB?

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

Week 1: Detroit, who is a much improved team, sold out on blitzes and pressure, hoping to neutralize Hurts. Hurts killed them with his legs, but also showed improvement in his mechanics and his willingness to stay in the pocket and read the field.

Week 2: MIN, coming off a shellacking of an NFC favorite in week 1, played a soft shell Defense and dared Hurts to beat them with his arm. He was dominant and picked them apart. He showed improvement in: his reads, his mechanics, and his ability to use the whole field. All of those have been question marks for him, dating back to college.

Is he Tom Brady, all of a sudden? No. Nobody is saying that, even the talking heads that have to get your attention in sports media. Philly fans are hopeful that his ceiling is higher than we thought. We all know it's only Week 3, and weird stuff happens the first 5-6 weeks of the season. Aside from @need2know, :ROFLMAO: nobody is crowning Hurts.

I read everything you wrote. You called him a "RB playing QB". He isn't. He has the ability to make every throw in the game. he threw a lot of dimes on MNF. My big thing with him last year was that the game looked too fast for him. He was a one-read and run QB. He put a lot of time in during the offseason, working with QB coaches on his mechanics, and the game looks like it has slowed down massively for him. I'm not ready to sign him to a huge contract, yet. But I am really, really impressed with his play, so far. And I am excited about the trajectory of the Eagles' season.

Are the Eagles going to face their share of struggles? Yes, undoubtedly. It's a loooong season. Will Defenses key up on Hurts after watching some tape? Absolutely. But the odds of Philly making it to the playoffs is way better than Dallas.

I gave my opinion. You disagree.

As far as your last paragraph, the reason you mention is the exact reason I would do the polar opposite of what Kansas City and Buffalo are doing. Defenses today are built with light in the *** speed guys, so you counter that.

ETA- Kansas City and Buffalo have probably the two best quarterbacks in the league. Kind a hard to replicate that it seems like a fool’s errand.

That’s my philosophy

Lawrence (1)
Wilson (2)
Lance (3)
Fields (11)
Jones (15)

I gave my opinion. You disagree.

As far as your last paragraph, the reason you mention is the exact reason I would do the polar opposite of what Kansas City and Buffalo are doing. Defenses today are built with light in the *** speed guys, so you counter that.

ETA- Kansas City and Buffalo have probably the two best quarterbacks in the league. Kind a hard to replicate that it seems like a fool’s errand.

That’s my philosophy
Why can't you replicate it? Dolphins seem to be following along with this philosophy of surrounding your QB with big time talents. Its not a coincidence Allen took off *the same year* the Bills acquired Stephon Diggs where he got 166 targets from Josh Allen. Mahomes and Hill were joined at the hip from day 1 (I'm still in the "Mahomes is #1 above all QB's camps b/c his talents ARE so rare IMO). Now Hurts has his own Diggs in AJ Brown and Boom the offense opens up everywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread