What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

Real quick, just wanna say, if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all.

Go Birds!

I just want him to give his list of QB's he IS sold on based on his criteria. I seem to recall he was sold on Wentz, but certainly the criteria he uses for Hurts he would not have been remotely sold on Wentz at any point. But what CURRENT QB's is he sold on, besides Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow.

This team is going to the Super Bowl.
If we play in the playoffs like we did yesterday, then yes. If we are not as good as that but don't play poorly, then the only NFC team that I think could take us out is Dallas, and they have the Mike McCarthy factor and an extensive recent history of flopping in the playoffs after a strong regular season.

This team is going to the Super Bowl.
If we play in the playoffs like we did yesterday, then yes. If we are not as good as that but don't play poorly, then the only NFC team that I think could take us out is Dallas, and they have the Mike McCarthy factor and an extensive recent history of flopping in the playoffs after a strong regular season.
I see no reason for us to no keep playing lights out. And we are going to keep getting key players back.

if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all.
Yeah if you're a true fan you're ecstatic about an 11-1 record. And I don't care what defense they just played, a near 400 yard passing day is something to be happy about - not downplay. When a team can go out and dominate in the running game then turn around and thoroughly dominate in the passing game, that's a pretty damn good offense. I don't care what excuses you come up with, the Eagles just put up the most points against the Titans since week 3, and they did it before halftime.

Stop hatin', enjoy your team!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on but this is a great post. There’s nothing to be down about and it’s an exciting time to watch the team!

If you want to take a cautious approach on Hurts it’s totally understandable. Wentz went from being a MVP, franchise QB with a photographic memory and the next Aaron Rodgers to on the cusp of being out of the league in a short amount of time. Even with that said you can acknowledge the gains the team and Hurts have made. I was definitely one who didn’t think he’d be able to make this big of a leap but the combination of weapons and another year in the offense has done him wonders. I’m excited to see what the future holds!

Hope you all have been doing well!!
Agree here, but the very reason Wentz is shrinking and failing and doing the Homer Simpson back into the bushes is the very thing we ALL KNEW Hurts had - leadership and mental toughness. If anything we *KNEW* about Hurts was that. And he has like a 100 Madden rating/whatever you want to say on intangibles. The entire NFL and Eagles fanbase, in chorus basically sang, "He has all the intangibles, but can he prove it on the field"

I think its safe to say he has done that. He has just as many total touchdowns (29), that Wentz had thru 12 games in 2017, half as many INTs (3) and just 100 less passing yards (while sitting out the 4th Q in 2 blowouts).

Hurts is built differently. On many levels.

Time to get hype boys, we got a real one!

I agree with a majority but think it’s more nuanced than that. What Hurts has to work with feels light years better than what Wentz did, leadership aside. Our coaching and offense are amongst the best in the league. The defense is getting the ball back a ton as well. We just seem far more complete than I can remember as a fan and that all benefits the QB

Things just change so quickly in this league that I don’t buy in to anyone long term again. If they’re really that good I’ll see it. I just can’t go all “Wentz” again lol

And QB aside, Howie redeemed the **** out of himself. So crazy to see how much talent we have accumulated in such a short period of time.

if you don't think DJax is an irrational hater, then his silence after that performance and "his favorite team" going to 11-1, nothing yet to say. Speaks volumes is all.
Yeah if you're a true fan you're ecstatic about an 11-1 record. And I don't care what defense they just played, a near 400 yard passing day is something to be happy about - not downplay. When a team can go out and dominate in the running game then turn around and thoroughly dominate in the passing game, that's a pretty damn good offense. I don't care what excuses you come up with, the Eagles just put up the most points against the Titans since week 3, and they did it before halftime.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on but this is a great post. There’s nothing to be down about and it’s an exciting time to watch the team!

If you want to take a cautious approach on Hurts it’s totally understandable. Wentz went from being a MVP, franchise QB with a photographic memory and the next Aaron Rodgers to on the cusp of being out of the league in a short amount of time. Even with that said you can acknowledge the gains the team and Hurts have made. I was definitely one who didn’t think he’d be able to make this big of a leap but the combination of weapons and another year in the offense has done him wonders. I’m excited to see what the future holds!

Agree here, but the very reason Wentz is shrinking and failing and doing the Homer Simpson back into the bushes is the very thing we ALL KNEW Hurts had - leadership and mental toughness. If anything we *KNEW* about Hurts was that. And he has like a 100 Madden rating/whatever you want to say on intangibles. The entire NFL and Eagles fanbase, in chorus basically sang, "He has all the intangibles, but can he prove it on the field"

I think its safe to say he has done that. He has just as many total touchdowns (29), that Wentz had thru 12 games in 2017, half as many INTs (3) and just 100 less passing yards (while sitting out the 4th Q in 2 blowouts).

We just seem far more complete than I can remember as a fan and that all benefits the QB
The 2004 team was loaded too. Its downfall in the SB was that Reid and McNabb were not the best at situational football.

We just seem far more complete than I can remember as a fan and that all benefits the QB
The 2004 team was loaded too. Its downfall in the SB was that Reid and McNabb were not the best at situational football.
They were the ones I had in mind but I feel comfortable saying that our OL and WR’s were a lot better overall. The talent and depth we have on offense this season is phenomenal

Maybe Sunday's Titan's game will be the one where everything finally clicks and we're firing on all cylinders to stomp a very good football team and I'll get to that "we're unstoppable" or "team of destiny" head space that I'm not quite in yet.
So, this is basically what happened and after watching it unfold at the game yesterday I definitely left the stadium feeling all-in. Even the ST looking improved was an unexpected thing that helped push me over the top!

Now watch us go :poop: the bed in Jersey on Sunday 😆

If OBJ is a go I think he's an excellent fit for Dallas. Pollard is the matchup nightmare in the passing game for Dallas.

We may find out just how good Dean is if his job is to cover Pollard.

If OBJ is a go I think he's an excellent fit for Dallas. Pollard is the matchup nightmare in the passing game for Dallas.

We may find out just how good Dean is if his job is to cover Pollard.
Again, I think this is going to backfire. I hope he goes there. They will do everything they can to please him/make it look like its working. There is NO way he is coming back as the same player in the Super Bowl last year. He's 30 and will definitely take more than 10 months, in my expert medical opinion.

The game was a lot of fun yesterday. Always good to be in the stadium for a beat down. The penalties were a bit ridiculous. Most of them were the Eagles fault but some made no sense for the refs to call.

One thing I liked to see was Stoll and Calcaterra making some nice catches over the middle. Just a reminder that the TE gets wide open in this offense and when Goedert comes back, the offense is going to be a juggernaut.

One thing I liked to see was Stoll and Calcaterra making some nice catches over the middle. Just a reminder that the TE gets wide open in this offense and when Goedert comes back, the offense is going to be a juggernaut.
along this line, would love to see Quez continue get looks even after Goedert comes back. as the fourth/fifth option the deep shots are there for the taking. it's a luxury, i know, with the embarrassment of riches at the position. there are so many offensive options on this team, steichen and hurts must be drooling during game planning sessions.

Roob's observations...#1 definitely hits on a hot button topic discussed a lot here lately. :)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...jalen-hurts-britain-covey-eagles-observations

1. I’m not sure what Hurts has to do to prove he’s one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks, but if this performance doesn’t do it I don’t know what will. This was magic. Absolute magic from the 24-year-old Hurts, and he’s playing at such a consistently dazzling level even the grumpiest, most miserable Carson Wentz backer has to admit that this kid is a flat-out star and the Eagles have one of the most exciting young quarterbacks the league has seen in years. You want 150 rushing yards? Check. You want 380 passing yards and three touchdowns? Check. What can’t he do? Hurts was 29-for-39 for 380 yards, three TDs passing, one rushing, no interceptions again and a 130.3 passer rating Sunday. He’s only the fifth QB in NFL history with 375 passing yards, 74 percent accuracy, three TD passes, a rushing TD and no interceptions in a game. He’s now 214-for-318 for 2,560 yards this year with 20 touchdowns and three interceptions and nine rushing touchdowns, and the team he so brilliantly leads is 11-1 and on top of the NFL world. And if you don’t like it, then go become a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan or something, because if you’re not 100 percent on board with Hurts at this point there’s no hope for you and you’re not a real Eagles fan and you never were. The kid is astonishing.

My skepticism is more in tune with we've seen a lot of yrs like this from players and people holding a mantle to them like they are the guy. Only for them to get a huge contract and never come close to that type of performance again.

Jordan Davis playing only 6 snaps also helps ease him back from his injury.

No defensive lineman played more than 28 snaps. Less wear and tear in the later part of the season is huge.

Tim McManus reported on twitter that it looked like Davis limped off the field yesterday. Not sure if he tweaked something or not and haven't heard anything injury report wise. Maybe it was precautionary and with how well they were storing Henrey they probably didn't see a reason to risk him

I've never said I wasn't happy about the team success. I just don't trust the team success wise long term with the guy under Center. I also think it's pretty decent to be concerned about certain aspects of the team overall who haven't been great. They've won in spite of those miscues but some of that is also other teams not being good enough to capitalize on that. We won't be able to get away that easy on mistakes in the playoffs is what I'm saying. The team hasn't played a complete game overall which Is scary for the rest of the league.

For all we know Hurts season is Carson 17 all over again and then never is that good again. I see no reason people shouldn't be cautious on that aspect. Sorry if I don't blow roses up asses about how "GREAT THE TEAM IS." weekly. I'm not gonna be some homer. I know some aren't gonna like my takes or minion because of that but whatever. if you want that go watch post game and watch Barkan be 1OOO% homer every week. I look at all things for the game. Injuries to key players, where teams rank in their categories, who they've played etc.

Also I have something called a job. I come here to wind down after getting **** on by customers all day for the last 18 yrs. If some people want to ignore me fine but don't keep talking about me when you say you have me on ignore knowing I can't respond back to them. It's kind of an irrational childish move.

Great win, I had it 28-20 in my mind, didn't expect to shut down Henry "so easily"
It's a far cry from how the run D looked against Washington and on the first drive against Indy.
2 words.

Jordan Davis
Davis had 6 snaps... Is it just his aura from the sideline that stops teams?
Haha its the extra body/knowing you don't have to play 60+ snaps at DT for the other guys, like Cox who complained about it.

But yeah man, the LB's were eating yesterday Davis didn't do much first game back.

Still can't believe we got Suh AND Joseph off the streets while other teams were trading draft picks for the same position.

I've been on record saying he deserves another year unless the Eagles find themselves in an opportunity they think is better and have put outcomes of how the Eagles could handle this from both perspectives where most seem to only be posting well we have our QB lets focus on other things. I've said he made some improvements good for him. I just don't know for him if it's sustainable for his history over his career laying wise going back to College. There were numerious people already even Eagles fans saying Wentz 17 was a fluke. Now they look right now but I think so many aspects went into why that was his best season. Some on his fault, some of it on Doug and the staff, some of it on the Org, some of it on the Injuries he sustained. I don't think it was just one thing with Wentz.

Either way you also had Case Keenum be great that year MINNY thinking they had a QB only for him to turn into a Pumpkin in the NFCC title game and hasn't come closet to those numbers since. Bobby Hoying btw had similar success and I know many thought we had our Franchise QB then. So there's a reason some aren't even sold yet. Then there's the whole history of QBs with his skillset have 1 monster year, league gets tape on them and then they look like a shell of their former selves. Some of that is from coach and team not adapting but a lot of it is also the skill set in general doesn't work that long.

I think I've given solid defenses why I'm not sold on him. This isn't because I don't like Black QBs which I've had someone in this very thread insinuated who's on ignore, my support of Carson or wanting to be right. The reason I'm so defensive on Wentz is there's a lot of BS that is repeated about him as well as Doug and others there. I've been fortunate enough to know people who were with them from day 1, others who know people who were there daily as well as someone in the media who's very well resected say there was a lot of stuff on both side insinuated that just is flat out not right that people continue to spew. Also it kind of childish just bringup Wentz anytime just o make him sound awful. It sounds like a bunch of jaded ex lovers. I don't mind the football aspect of talking about the two etc but Jesus some here sound like they asked the hottest girl to prom and so confident they would get a yes and got embarrassingly rejected by her.

I agree with a majority but think it’s more nuanced than that. What Hurts has to work with feels light years better than what Wentz did, leadership aside. Our coaching and offense are amongst the best in the league. The defense is getting the ball back a ton as well. We just seem far more complete than I can remember as a fan and that all benefits the QB

Things just change so quickly in this league that I don’t buy in to anyone long term again. If they’re really that good I’ll see it. I just can’t go all “Wentz” again lol

And QB aside, Howie redeemed the **** out of himself. So crazy to see how much talent we have accumulated in such a short period of time.

I think this coaching staff is better in coaching layers differently then Doug. I love Doug he brought us a SB but he did a lot of stuff I haven't heard Nick doing. Doug wasn't even their first choice and seemed like a nepotism hire at times. Doug didn't do anything about holding some players and coaches accountable. He didn't want to fire friends and people he liked which is why Roseman and Lurie stepped in. Also I hear a lot about how young this coaching staff is. Players love it and say these guys can relate to them better from professional skill stand point as well as on a human level. This isn't saying Doug and his staff were terrible. Just a different approach and coaching style. Carson's problem was when he figured out that he was smarter then the guys coaching him in terms of certain things. One of the things that was always said about Carson was his high IQ level of the game in meetings and stuff. Carson in that aspect was like the genius IQ kid who felt disrespected because he saw they weren't as smart as him so he wasn't going to listen to them. Also Press Taylor for as good he was in certain aspects was way too buddy buddy with players. There was a lot of people on that staff that tried to be players friends more which doesn't help develop players.

I've never said I wasn't happy about the team success. I just don't trust the team success wise long term with the guy under Center. I also think it's pretty decent to be concerned about certain aspects of the team overall who haven't been great. They've won in spite of those miscues but some of that is also other teams not being good enough to capitalize on that. We won't be able to get away that easy on mistakes in the playoffs is what I'm saying. The team hasn't played a complete game overall which Is scary for the rest of the league.

For all we know Hurts season is Carson 17 all over again and then never is that good again. I see no reason people shouldn't be cautious on that aspect. Sorry if I don't blow roses up asses about how "GREAT THE TEAM IS." weekly. I'm not gonna be some homer. I know some aren't gonna like my takes or minion because of that but whatever. if you want that go watch post game and watch Barkan be 1OOO% homer every week. I look at all things for the game. Injuries to key players, where teams rank in their categories, who they've played etc.

Also I have something called a job. I come here to wind down after getting **** on by customers all day for the last 18 yrs. If some people want to ignore me fine but don't keep talking about me when you say you have me on ignore knowing I can't respond back to them. It's kind of an irrational childish move.

Even if Hurts this season is nothing more than Carson 2017, the Eagles won the Superbowl that year AND Howie Roseman has shown the ability to move on rather quickly from mistakes and still get a decent return.

along this line, would love to see Quez continue get looks even after Goedert comes back. as the fourth/fifth option the deep shots are there for the taking. it's a luxury, i know, with the embarrassment of riches at the position. there are so many offensive options on this team, steichen and hurts must be drooling during game planning sessions.
I think they said Quez might be out a few weeks.

Bingo. I was burned on the whole Wentz thing. I thought this guy would be our guy for yrs. Saw him in college in the first game I watched I said I want him as the Eagles QB. More I saw of him and draft stuff I was like this is our guy. 17 season comes and flying high then he got hurt. Wentz has his faults but what I don't like which I stated above is people bring up ******** on Doug or Carson or Howie in those aspects. I blame everyone for what happened. Wasn't just one person or one group of people. It was a total team effort **** up wise. Winning the Super was a blessing a curse. Team thought they were great didn't work to fix holes they had. Kept players and mercenary guys far too long even extending guys who created locker room issues. Howie and Lurie have both redeemed themselves and from what I've heard, have learned a ton moving forward from that.

For example I saw someone mentioned Menshew is a FA after the season. Someone mentioned it'd be a good idea to draft a developmental QB even early. Thats just insane. The Eagles aren't gonna if they believe Hurts is the guy or still feeling things out draft a QB to develop who was draft day 1 or early day 2 and keep Hurts or even sign trade for a guy who might be better and say to Hurts thanks you're the back up now. If they do make a switched at QB Hurts is gone. Not saying it's a definite happen but these are mistakes they are learning from then

I've been on record saying he deserves another year unless the Eagles find themselves in an opportunity they think is better and have put outcomes of how the Eagles could handle this from both perspectives where most seem to only be posting well we have our QB lets focus on other things. I've said he made some improvements good for him. I just don't know for him if it's sustainable for his history over his career laying wise going back to College. There were numerious people already even Eagles fans saying Wentz 17 was a fluke. Now they look right now but I think so many aspects went into why that was his best season. Some on his fault, some of it on Doug and the staff, some of it on the Org, some of it on the Injuries he sustained. I don't think it was just one thing with Wentz.

Either way you also had Case Keenum be great that year MINNY thinking they had a QB only for him to turn into a Pumpkin in the NFCC title game and hasn't come closet to those numbers since. Bobby Hoying btw had similar success and I know many thought we had our Franchise QB then. So there's a reason some aren't even sold yet. Then there's the whole history of QBs with his skillset have 1 monster year, league gets tape on them and then they look like a shell of their former selves. Some of that is from coach and team not adapting but a lot of it is also the skill set in general doesn't work that long.

I think I've given solid defenses why I'm not sold on him. This isn't because I don't like Black QBs which I've had someone in this very thread insinuated who's on ignore, my support of Carson or wanting to be right. The reason I'm so defensive on Wentz is there's a lot of BS that is repeated about him as well as Doug and others there. I've been fortunate enough to know people who were with them from day 1, others who know people who were there daily as well as someone in the media who's very well resected say there was a lot of stuff on both side insinuated that just is flat out not right that people continue to spew. Also it kind of childish just bringup Wentz anytime just o make him sound awful. It sounds like a bunch of jaded ex lovers. I don't mind the football aspect of talking about the two etc but Jesus some here sound like they asked the hottest girl to prom and so confident they would get a yes and got embarrassingly rejected by her.

I don't think Wentz's 2017 was a fluke, I just think the injuries piled up on him. Broken wrist. Broken ribs. Torn ACL. Broken back. Concussion. He was never the same after that.

The game was a lot of fun yesterday. Always good to be in the stadium for a beat down. The penalties were a bit ridiculous. Most of them were the Eagles fault but some made no sense for the refs to call.

penalties were terrible on both sides. Even reading twitter a lot of the beat guys covering the Eagles were saying how some of the calls even on TENN were pretty bad. Both roughing calls on Hurts were tick tacky, It did look like Brown pushed off on the 41 yd TD but we all know the NFL tells the refs don't call OPI especially when it takes PTs off the board, the False Start on Hurts was right, the Epps penalty was correct call too. Most of our own penalties were no fault of our own though. The weird was trying to figure out all the False Starts when we're the home team.

Seems like he's getting way more playing time then Pascal

I don't think Wentz's 2017 was a fluke, I just think the injuries piled up on him. Broken wrist. Broken ribs. Torn ACL. Broken back. Concussion. He was never the same after that.
And he is mentally weak. That was the biggest factor.

Even if Hurts this season is nothing more than Carson 2017, the Eagles won the Superbowl that year AND Howie Roseman has shown the ability to move on rather quickly from mistakes and still get a decent return.

I feel we've been super lucky and fortunate with some of these moves though. No-one thought we'd get rid of the deadweight for value that helped us move up for Wentz, Trading Wentz we sent him to a team desperate with a guy who knew him sweat talked his owner and GM into him. Eagles didn't even want to trade Wentz because they weren't sold on Hurts yet and even after trading him they tried to move up to take Zach Wilson and then even checked in on Watson when he was first available. Howie can move forward sure but how long can Howie do that for. I've defended Howie for yrs though. I'm just pointing out reasons you don't make knee jerk reactions.

To be fair I never thought it was either. I think Mentally he needs to see some sports physiologist as I don't think anyones done this with him. I think he's so mentally broken at this point from that and everything else. But like I said this is a sport where even fans think players need to be manly and brings out a lot of toxic masculinity in a lot. It's one of the things I hate about Seth Joyner on post game. He seems like the guy who would've bullied a Jonathan Martin type.

Jordan Davis playing only 6 snaps also helps ease him back from his injury.

No defensive lineman played more than 28 snaps. Less wear and tear in the later part of the season is huge.

Tim McManus reported on twitter that it looked like Davis limped off the field yesterday. Not sure if he tweaked something or not and haven't heard anything injury report wise. Maybe it was precautionary and with how well they were storing Henrey they probably didn't see a reason to risk him

Tim Mentioned he was in on FG Block unit but thats it.

Roob's observations...#1 definitely hits on a hot button topic discussed a lot here lately. :)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...jalen-hurts-britain-covey-eagles-observations

1. I’m not sure what Hurts has to do to prove he’s one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks, but if this performance doesn’t do it I don’t know what will. This was magic. Absolute magic from the 24-year-old Hurts, and he’s playing at such a consistently dazzling level even the grumpiest, most miserable Carson Wentz backer has to admit that this kid is a flat-out star and the Eagles have one of the most exciting young quarterbacks the league has seen in years. You want 150 rushing yards? Check. You want 380 passing yards and three touchdowns? Check. What can’t he do? Hurts was 29-for-39 for 380 yards, three TDs passing, one rushing, no interceptions again and a 130.3 passer rating Sunday. He’s only the fifth QB in NFL history with 375 passing yards, 74 percent accuracy, three TD passes, a rushing TD and no interceptions in a game. He’s now 214-for-318 for 2,560 yards this year with 20 touchdowns and three interceptions and nine rushing touchdowns, and the team he so brilliantly leads is 11-1 and on top of the NFL world. And if you don’t like it, then go become a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan or something, because if you’re not 100 percent on board with Hurts at this point there’s no hope for you and you’re not a real Eagles fan and you never were. The kid is astonishing.

My skepticism is more in tune with we've seen a lot of yrs like this from players and people holding a mantle to them like they are the guy. Only for them to get a huge contract and never come close to that type of performance again.
Ok but what are the traits in a QB that you look for that are currently lacking in Hurts?

Leadership- that seemed to always be a strength of his. Nothing appears to have changed. Great, mature leader for such a young guy.

Accuracy - that also seems like a strength this year

Decision Making - to me, it’s hard to say. He has made some blunders but who hasn’t? Fortunately it hasn’t resulted in too many turnovers yet. He’s still only in his 2nd year so that should only improve.

Progressions/Reads - I agree with you that this seems to be one of his weaknesses. But yesterday he did a good job. I will concede that it certainly helps when you have a great O line and tons of playmakers who are always wide open

Mobility - Duh

Arm strength- I don’t really know but I believe this was a knock on him last year

I don’t know how good he would be on another team but he seems like a great fit for the Eagles. BTW I doubt Howie is even thinking about other options at QB right now.

Decision Making - to me, it’s hard to say. He has made some blunders but who hasn’t? Fortunately it hasn’t resulted in too many turnovers yet. He’s still only in his 2nd year so that should only improve.

Progressions/Reads - I agree with you that this seems to be one of his weaknesses. But yesterday he did a good job. I will concede that it certainly helps when you have a great O line and tons of playmakers who are always wide open

Mobility - Duh

Arm strength- I don’t really know but I believe this was a knock on him last year

Accuracy when he's going through his mechanics look better but I worry about it. There are times when he gets out of those mechanics and he gets really hectic. I also see a ton of batted balls at the LOS from him too.

Progression/Reads Decision making Seems a bit better but I've seen times still this year where his first read isn't there or doesn't go through them and he takes off right away. Been to 3 games in my Families season tickets and we sit high enough where we can see a play develop as it starts like watching a live All 22. He's a missed a few that hasn't cost them. GB game he threw an incompletion to Devonta in the end zone he had one of the TE's wide open in the deep corner

Mobility With guys like Hurts who rely on athleticism I do worry over time if they can adapt. McNabb might be a good example of early in his career relying on his legs and becoming a better passer by the time he left here

Arm Strength Arm isn't everything but you need enough on a few throws that are needed to be executed at this level. Last 2 weeks he had 2 deep throws that were well short but drew flags and I do agree with Gregg Olsen on not calling DPI when a ball wasn't catchable and was that short. If this was done intentional props to Hurts but I still think his arm overall strength is a concern. In a game there's gonna be a time with it on the line you need to make strong throw between defenders. I'm just not sure he has that in his arm.

The big thing with me is I think Hurts is more of a system QB similar to Russ Wilson. So I wouldn't go as big on a contract as opposed to a guy who can compete and adapt to multiple offensive scheme. No one can argue he's a good teammate person and if he isn't the guy I do hope the team can somehow make a trade with the Texans and send him home to play if that were to happen.

Mobility - Duh

Accuracy when he's going through his mechanics look better but I worry about it. There are times when he gets out of those mechanics and he gets really hectic. I also see a ton of batted balls at the LOS from him too.

Progression/Reads Decision making Seems a bit better but I've seen times still this year where his first read isn't there or doesn't go through them and he takes off right away. Been to 3 games in my Families season tickets and we sit high enough where we can see a play develop as it starts like watching a live All 22. He's a missed a few that hasn't cost them. GB game he threw an incompletion to Devonta in the end zone he had one of the TE's wide open in the deep corner

Mobility With guys like Hurts who rely on athleticism I do worry over time if they can adapt. McNabb might be a good example of early in his career relying on his legs and becoming a better passer by the time he left here

Arm Strength Arm isn't everything but you need enough on a few throws that are needed to be executed at this level. Last 2 weeks he had 2 deep throws that were well short but drew flags and I do agree with Gregg Olsen on not calling DPI when a ball wasn't catchable and was that short. If this was done intentional props to Hurts but I still think his arm overall strength is a concern. In a game there's gonna be a time with it on the line you need to make strong throw between defenders. I'm just not sure he has that in his arm.

The big thing with me is I think Hurts is more of a system QB similar to Russ Wilson. So I wouldn't go as big on a contract as opposed to a guy who can compete and adapt to multiple offensive scheme. No one can argue he's a good teammate person and if he isn't the guy I do hope the team can somehow make a trade with the Texans and send him home to play if that were to happen.
I know you get flack in here but this is a well thought out response. I can understand your view point even if I don’t agree completely.

Don't forget being a mental midget

Greetings Igglz
MOP needs some clarification because it sounds like there is an outcry for Hurts to win the MVP in '22.
Do you all want to win another Lombardi trophy?
Or do you want to campaign and watch Hurts win the season MVP but come up short in the Playoffs or Super Bowl?

from wiki
MVP Super Bowl Curse

In recent years, if a player that won the MVP makes it to the Super Bowl, the MVP often loses the Super Bowl in the year they won the MVP. That includes, Kurt Warner in 2001, Rich Gannon in 2002, Shaun Alexander in 2005, Tom Brady in 2007 and 2017, Peyton Manning in 2009 and 2013, Cam Newton in 2015, and Matt Ryan in 2016.

Ten players have won the Super Bowl and MVP in the same season: Bart Starr in 1966, Terry Bradshaw in 1978, Mark Moseley in 1982, Lawrence Taylor in 1986, Joe Montana in 1989, Emmitt Smith in 1993, Steve Young in 1994, Brett Favre in 1996, Terrell Davis in 1998, and Kurt Warner in 1999.

Greetings Igglz
MOP needs some clarification because it sounds like there is an outcry for Hurts to win the MVP in '22.
Or do you want to campaign and watch Hurts win the season MVP but come up short in the Playoffs or Super Bowl?

from wiki
MVP Super Bowl Curse

In recent years, if a player that won the MVP makes it to the Super Bowl, the MVP often loses the Super Bowl in the year they won the MVP. That includes, Kurt Warner in 2001, Rich Gannon in 2002, Shaun Alexander in 2005, Tom Brady in 2007 and 2017, Peyton Manning in 2009 and 2013, Cam Newton in 2015, and Matt Ryan in 2016.

Ten players have won the Super Bowl and MVP in the same season: Bart Starr in 1966, Terry Bradshaw in 1978, Mark Moseley in 1982, Lawrence Taylor in 1986, Joe Montana in 1989, Emmitt Smith in 1993, Steve Young in 1994, Brett Favre in 1996, Terrell Davis in 1998, and Kurt Warner in 1999.

Both

Greetings Igglz

from wiki
MVP Super Bowl Curse

Both
LOL. Right? Me too. I have always hated these weird correlations. Like "The Tampa Bay Bucs have never won a game below 40 degrees" until they closed out the Vet on us in the NFC Title game en route to a Super Bowl. Who says "No we don't want the MVP award b/c that means we don't win the Super Bowl"

If some people want to ignore me fine but don't keep talking about me when you say you have me on ignore knowing I can't respond back to them. It's kind of an irrational childish move.
OMG you literally do this EXACT thing to me all the time lol

Greetings Igglz

from wiki
MVP Super Bowl Curse

False dichotomy.

Mobility - Duh

There is .0001% chance after this season they trade Hurts to the Texans. I would understand if they don't resign him with the thought they can franchise if necessary...but they aren't trading him. He's literally shown he can win double digit games.
Again - which young QB's ARE you sold on? You aren't sold on Hurts. Who are you sold on?

It looks to me that if the eagles go 3-2, they almost certainly will get the 1 seed. Minnesota would have to go 5-0 to pass them and the cowboys would have to go 5-0 just to tie and possibly get the tiebreak depending on who the eagles lost to. So that seems like a pretty good situation.

It looks to me that if the eagles go 3-2, they almost certainly will get the 1 seed. Minnesota would have to go 5-0 to pass them and the cowboys would have to go 5-0 just to tie and possibly get the tiebreak depending on who the eagles lost to. So that seems like a pretty good situation.
If we go 3-2, with one of those losses to Dallas, and Dallas goes 5-0 we pretty much lose the #1 seed to Dallas. There's only some convoluted scenarios that need to happen for us to still get the #1 over Dallas. A win in Dallas by us, or one more loss by Dallas in their other games, will give us a ton of breathing room over them.

As frustratingly close that things have been this season for a team that is 11-1 to still have two teams on our heels (the 17th game doesn't help either), depending how the next two weeks go there is still the possibility that a win on Xmas eve clinches the #1 seed and we essentially have 3 weeks to "rest" and get healthy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread