What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

it will be interesting to see if they elect to rest their starters for week 18 if they already won the 1 seed. 2 weeks off is kind of dangerous with the idea of maybe coming out flat in the playoffs, but i don't think with the mentality of this team that would be too much danger

It looks to me that if the eagles go 3-2, they almost certainly will get the 1 seed. Minnesota would have to go 5-0 to pass them and the cowboys would have to go 5-0 just to tie and possibly get the tiebreak depending on who the eagles lost to. So that seems like a pretty good situation.

the only game we could lose is at the cowboys on xmas imo
it will be interesting to see if they elect to rest their starters for week 18 if they already won the 1 seed. 2 weeks off is kind of dangerous with the idea of maybe coming out flat in the playoffs, but i don't think with the mentality of this team that would be too much danger

i want them to keep playing. rest guys in the fourth like we have been. which is wild that an nfl team is able to rest guys during a real game. we have been able to several times already this year.

We own the Saints 1st round pick and that is our opponent week 18. There will be motivation to beat them no matter what.

Edit i'm an idiot its the Giants. We might have to play this game...

Last edited:
I'd imagine in that scenario, anyone slightly injured would rest. The starters would play at least the first half and see how it's going.

Starting to get a bad feeling about Maddox. Lack of updates or even mention of him makes me think he still could be out a few more weeks past when he’s eligible to come off IR next week.

Starting to get a bad feeling about Maddox. Lack of updates or even mention of him makes me think he still could be out a few more weeks past when he’s eligible to come off IR next week.
Hammies are a biatch sometimes. I just want him back healthy for good when he is.

It looks to me that if the eagles go 3-2, they almost certainly will get the 1 seed. Minnesota would have to go 5-0 to pass them and the cowboys would have to go 5-0 just to tie and possibly get the tiebreak depending on who the eagles lost to. So that seems like a pretty good situation.
Any division loss and the Eagles could lose the division by losing to Dallas. Given we have the Giants twice coming up, the likelihood of losing two games and still keeping the 1 seed is actually....not all that good. It's very possible for a 14-3 Eagles team to be the best wildcard team the NFL has ever seen.
Hopefully we take care of business this coming week, and maybe see the Cowboys drop one somewhere and make the whole mental exercise irrelevant

Last edited:
OBJ visiting Dallas today. On one hand, he's 30 years-old and coming off a major injury. On the other, with Cooper gone Dallas doesn't currently have a legit #1 stud WR so if OBJ is close to his top form it makes them a better team we might have to play in the playoffs.
I hope it happens. They are going to bend over backward for headlines and to make him happy and its going to throw the team off. Just watch. I like how we are just brushing past the fact he tore his ACL just 10 months ago. I haven't seen any workout tapes/rehab/anything on that end. Seems like a hedge.
I give myself a 9.5/10 here. Still hoping they sign him lol.

Robert Quinn suspiciously Out for Sunday with a knee injury…

Might see him go in IR (maybe they think testing him contribute something in the postseason?) so they can bring Jordan Davis back to the active roster and wait another week on deciding what to do with CJGJ.
Few days early on my prediction that Quinn was destined for IR and resting up for the playoffs. Might be the only shot we have of getting something from him.

Robert Quinn suspiciously Out for Sunday with a knee injury…

Might see him go in IR (maybe they think testing him contribute something in the postseason?) so they can bring Jordan Davis back to the active roster and wait another week on deciding what to do with CJGJ.
Few days early on my prediction that Quinn was destined for IR and resting up for the playoffs. Might be the only shot we have of getting something from him.
i'm thinking the same thing. let him rest on the IR and save him for the playoffs.

OBJ visiting Dallas today. On one hand, he's 30 years-old and coming off a major injury. On the other, with Cooper gone Dallas doesn't currently have a legit #1 stud WR so if OBJ is close to his top form it makes them a better team we might have to play in the playoffs.
I hope it happens. They are going to bend over backward for headlines and to make him happy and its going to throw the team off. Just watch. I like how we are just brushing past the fact he tore his ACL just 10 months ago. I haven't seen any workout tapes/rehab/anything on that end. Seems like a hedge.
As I said in the OBJ thread, the whole courtship has served its purpose. Jerry got his face on camera (many times) and the Cowboys were in the news for this just as much as for their on-field play (which should be enough).

TBH, I'm really sick of hearing about the Cowboys this season. Every 3rd post on my FB is Cowboys related. Turn on any NFL show and all I hear about is Cowboys. You might think they actually won something recently (or you know, have the best record in the league).

As I said in the OBJ thread, the whole courtship has served its purpose. Jerry got his face on camera (many times) and the Cowboys were in the news for this just as much as for their on-field play (which should be enough).

TBH, I'm really sick of hearing about the Cowboys this season. Every 3rd post on my FB is Cowboys related. Turn on any NFL show and all I hear about is Cowboys. You might think they actually won something recently (or you know, have the best record in the league).
Why I don't watch that crap. Let the Cowboys have their 35th consecutive Sports Media Championship.

Yea losing in the division sucked. Literally any other loss would have been better. We need either Dallas to lose to Washington, or preferably we just beat them. They're good without question, but if we want to make a playoff run we have to beat good teams. Tennessee was a good team too.

It's very possible for a 14-3 Eagles team to be the best wildcard team the NFL has ever seen.
What's the best as of now? Would think no matter what that Dallas/Philly will be the best wc team ever (record wise) ?
I know the Saints were 12-3 in 87 and the 49ers won the division at 13-2. I do think that Insein might be right about someone going 13-3.

Maybe the Titans the year Jacksonville went 14-2 and the Titans beat them both times in the regular season and then again in the playoffs.

Yea losing in the division sucked. Literally any other loss would have been better. We need either Dallas to lose to Washington, or preferably we just beat them. They're good without question, but if we want to make a playoff run we have to beat good teams. Tennessee was a good team too.
Yeah honestly, lets just beat them straight up and get that confidence going into the playoffs. Feed Goedert and whoever Diggs isn't covering b/c Brown or Devonta is putting that new CB2 in a blender all day. Run down their throats, RPO the hell outta Micah. I really don't fear them that much with Brown on IR now. They are a very good team, just not as complete as we are.

It's very possible for a 14-3 Eagles team to be the best wildcard team the NFL has ever seen.
What's the best as of now? Would think no matter what that Dallas/Philly will be the best wc team ever (record wise) ?
I know the Saints were 12-3 in 87 and the 49ers won the division at 13-2. I do think that Insein might be right about someone going 13-3.

Maybe the Titans the year Jacksonville went 14-2 and the Titans beat them both times in the regular season and then again in the playoffs.
1999. The year they lost in the super bowl.

Quinn’s roster spot went to DL Janarius Robinson who is coming off IR, and they also waived Andre Chachere, who I guess could come back to the PS and be a call-up because that really leaves them thin at Safety now. Unless they are going to sign one (Anthony Harris?)

Quinn’s roster spot went to DL Janarius Robinson who is coming off IR, and they also waived Andre Chachere, who I guess could come back to the PS and be a call-up because that really leaves them thin at Safety now. Unless they are going to sign one (Anthony Harris?)
Yeah I feel another move coming down the pipeline. Unless they had some secret handshake deal to not pick Harris back up, I don't see why they wouldn't at least entertain it.

Hurts from the pocket vs. TEN: 27-for-33, 82% comp, 370 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 143.7 passer rating.

🤔

Last edited:
Titans gm Jon robinson. When aj brown shoved it down their throats after robinson traded him

My word, I think they ****ed up because of that one decision. We'll never get the whole story, of course, but that seems awfully rash, unless letting Brown go was that rash a move by Robinson. If be bucked management to do so, then I get it , but his job is to pay guys to make a complete team. What if Burks stays in the game and goes 5-100-2 instead of Epps, who should have been ejected, running his helmet into Burks's? Would Robinson have looked stupid then?

Bad call by the Titans. That's the sign of a pissed off owner just coming off of a loss where his pet project got overturned. Bad owner. Bad management.

News flash -- the Eagles were beating the Titans without Brown, and the Titans management, GM, and coaches constructed their team to where they didn't let Brown do anything (relatively speaking) in their offense, anyway, so what are they pissed about?

We had this great guy who could solve cold fusion so we had him building a better ant farm. You're fired from running the ant farm!

eta* Eagles were beating the Titans without Brown. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
I assumed it was Mickey Loomis

The GM of the Saints is who I immediately thought of, too. He or the Titans GM is what I thought. I thought the Titans wouldn't be that stupid, though. I've been away all day and hadn't heard the Robinson news so I figured I'd ask.

Greetings Igglz
MOP needs some clarification because it sounds like there is an outcry for Hurts to win the MVP in '22.
Do you all want to win another Lombardi trophy?
Or do you want to campaign and watch Hurts win the season MVP but come up short in the Playoffs or Super Bowl?

from wiki
MVP Super Bowl Curse

In recent years, if a player that won the MVP makes it to the Super Bowl, the MVP often loses the Super Bowl in the year they won the MVP. That includes, Kurt Warner in 2001, Rich Gannon in 2002, Shaun Alexander in 2005, Tom Brady in 2007 and 2017, Peyton Manning in 2009 and 2013, Cam Newton in 2015, and Matt Ryan in 2016.

Ten players have won the Super Bowl and MVP in the same season: Bart Starr in 1966, Terry Bradshaw in 1978, Mark Moseley in 1982, Lawrence Taylor in 1986, Joe Montana in 1989, Emmitt Smith in 1993, Steve Young in 1994, Brett Favre in 1996, Terrell Davis in 1998, and Kurt Warner in 1999.

Rather win a SB. I really don't give a **** if any of the players on a team I root for get an individual award unless it's pretty blatant obvious disrespect. I want Team awards like titles.

Tom preserving that top 5 pick for us.

I felt dirty rooting so hard for him last night. I know they came back but he looks done. Getting divorced and he's part of the whole FTX Scheme it sounds like. It's painful watching him play and every time something goes wrong he's throwing some teammate under the bus. Winning harder when you can't cheat I guess.

Yeah it's concerning but muscle injuries are delicate. Come back too soon and could re aggravate and even be a worse injury. DB is the one position we lack solid depth in With CJGJ out that makes it even bigger. At least if needed he could fill the Nickel CB role similar to Jenkins did.

I know they came back but he looks done. Getting divorced and he's part of the whole FTX Scheme it sounds like. It's painful watching him play and every time something goes wrong he's throwing some teammate under the bus. Winning harder when you can't cheat I guess.

I'd be so careful with that as a Philly fan. You might see him in the Divisional Round, and nobody wants to see Tom Brady coming down the pike. He's nowhere near done. He missed a deep ball last night. That was it. He was stone killer with about five left, and it was against a divisional foe that gives him fits.

TB is now two games ahead of their divisional opponents. I'm chalking SF and Cinci up to likely losses for TB, but they probably sneak in if they split those games. And if they win one, they see Philly in that round, assuming Philly gets the bye.

Titans gm Jon robinson. When aj brown shoved it down their throats after robinson traded him

My word, I think they ****ed up because of that one decision. We'll never get the whole story, of course, but that seems awfully rash, unless letting Brown go was that rash a move by Robinson. If be bucked management to do so, then I get it , but his job is to pay guys to make a complete team. What if Burks stays in the game and goes 5-100-2 instead of Epps, who should have been ejected, running his helmet into Burks's? Would Robinson have looked stupid then?

Bad call by the Titans. That's the sign of a pissed off owner just coming off of a loss where his pet project got overturned. Bad owner. Bad management.

News flash -- the Eagles were beating the Titans without Brown, and the Titans management, GM, and coaches constructed their team to where they didn't let Brown do anything (relatively speaking) in their offense, anyway, so what are they pissed about?

We had this great guy who could solve cold fusion so we had him building a better ant farm. You're fired from running the ant farm!

eta* Eagles were beating the Titans without Brown. Sorry for that.
I mean I don’t know that anyone is saying it was solely because of that, just very interesting timing

I mean I don’t know that anyone is saying it was solely because of that, just very interesting timing

Yahoo! Sports and other outlets heavily implied it. (I googled after you posted and briefly read the sports news of the day.) Yahoo talked about how Vrabel was visibly upset when Brown was traded during the draft and they had a long quote from Brown in the article.

It was constructed to leave the impression I got, almost for sure.

I don't watch any of these shows. I just stick to highlighted twitter stuff from Dan Orlovsky and Baldy's stuff as well as Shane Haffe and a few NFL accounts from former coaches. Sorts anymore is Cowboys this and that and Lebron. Even with the World Cup all they talk about is Ronaldo. Very talented player but a mercenary team cancer who attacked a autistic fan filming him in the stands in April last year and FIFA gave him a slap on the wrist of 3 match club ban. Dude has now been kicked off Man United signed for huge money at some Saudi Club and was benched by his manager in for the Portugal national team. His replacement scored Hat Trick today.

Media reports on what sells ratings thats it

Yahoo! Sports and other outlets heavily implied it. (I googled after you posted and briefly read the sports news of the day.) Yahoo talked about how Vrabel was visibly upset when Brown was traded during the draft and they had a long quote from Brown in the article.

It was constructed to leave the impression I got, almost for sure.

From what I've heard and this is defiantly a fireable offense is that Robinson let personal differences get in the way with him and Brown. He apparently couldn't put them aside, It sounds like Robinson low balled him on contracts and may have been intentional to give him reason to trade him. I also heard he may have pressured people to agree on Drafting Malik Willis and he also upset Tannenhill. Sounds like Robinson Pissed off a lot of people and earned this firing. I think media is just using we got him fired after how the game went and AJ going off 2 days ago but it sounds like an accumulation of things

I know they came back but he looks done. Getting divorced and he's part of the whole FTX Scheme it sounds like. It's painful watching him play and every time something goes wrong he's throwing some teammate under the bus. Winning harder when you can't cheat I guess.

I'd be so careful with that as a Philly fan. You might see him in the Divisional Round, and nobody wants to see Tom Brady coming down the pike. He's nowhere near done. He missed a deep ball last night. That was it. He was stone killer with about five left, and it was against a divisional foe that gives him fits.

TB is now two games ahead of their divisional opponents. I'm chalking SF and Cinci up to likely losses for TB, but they probably sneak in if they split those games. And if they win one, they see Philly in that round, assuming Philly gets the bye.

TB was the one team defensively I was scared of Hurts facing because he was brutal in both games. I'm hoping we get them again and see how Hurts fairs this year but I also don't think TB is as good defensively.

Yeah honestly, lets just beat them straight up and get that confidence going into the playoffs. Feed Goedert and whoever Diggs isn't covering b/c Brown or Devonta is putting that new CB2 in a blender all day. Run down their throats, RPO the hell outta Micah. I really don't fear them that much with Brown on IR now. They are a very good team, just not as complete as we are.
Trust me, Brown going on IR is an upgrade at CB. We have been screaming for somebody, anybody to replace him. He gets burnt more than a Ginger on a Texas beach in July. I hate he’s hurt, but damn glad he’s not our starting CB anymore. 👍🏼
Either way, it’s going to be hard for Dallas to cover Philly Wrs.

Tampa is a flawed team averaging like 20 a game with an ancient qb. I want revenge for the beatdown they gave us last year. Bring his old *** to Philly

Cowboys Cycle:

"Season starts" THEN "Beat up on bad teams" THEN "Fans get delusional" THEN "We dem boys this is our year" [We are here] THEN "Choke in Playoffs" THEN "Season starts"

We don't need Dallas to do anything. They need us to lose PLUS they have to beat us.

Trust me, Brown going on IR is an upgrade at CB. We have been screaming for somebody, anybody to replace him. He gets burnt more than a Ginger on a Texas beach in July. I hate he’s hurt, but damn glad he’s not our starting CB anymore. 👍🏼
Either way, it’s going to be hard for Dallas to cover Philly Wrs.

Cowboys Cycle:

"Season starts" THEN "Beat up on bad teams" THEN "Fans get delusional" THEN "We dem boys this is our year" [We are here] THEN "Choke in Playoffs" THEN "Season starts"
Left out the part where you cheer "Frauds" at teams when they beat lesser opponents, but then also "cheer" at your own remaining schedule when you see those same very opponents.

Every single male member of my family's generation is a damn Cowboys fan (2 cousins, 1 brother) despite all of us being born in Baltimore. These guys are 40 year+ adults STILL sending me s*** like "Isn't it weird the Eagles are getting all the tough opponents at home"

I think they got it figured out. The NFL is in a conspiracy to benefit the Eagles of all teams. The inability to believe facts and what you see anymore unfortunately is bleeding over to those same delusional types that resort to "other tactics" when reality doesn't go their way.

Every single male member of my family's generation is a damn Cowboys fan (2 cousins, 1 brother) despite all of us being born in Baltimore. These guys are 40 year+ adults STILL sending me s*** like "Isn't it weird the Eagles are getting all the tough opponents at home"

I think they got it figured out. The NFL is in a conspiracy to benefit the Eagles of all teams. The inability to believe facts and what you see anymore unfortunately is bleeding over to those same delusional types that resort to "other tactics" when reality doesn't go their way.
Have you told them that the schedule of opponents (and if it will be a home or away game) is made years in advance? What do they say to that?

Have you told them that the schedule of opponents (and if it will be a home or away game) is made years in advance? What do they say to that?
Yeah I tried the "this is how reality works" trope. Didn't stick.
Threw in "Well I mean, what happened vs Green Bay though"
"Oh we had to play them in the freezing cold. Big difference vs playing in Philadelphia"
B/c ya know. Philly is known for its moderate Late November climate.
There is no saving these people.

Users who are viewing this thread