What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Finally ran out of feet to shoot ourselves in. (2 Viewers)

ProstheticRGK

Footballguy
Jim Johnson, Buddy Ryan, and…Jonathan Gannon?

The Eagles have recorded 30+ sacks (33) and 20+ takeaways (21) while allowing less than 20 points per game (18.3) through 10 games for just the third time in team history.

2001 under Jim Johnson (32-20-13.1)

1989 under Buddy Ryan (39-20-19.4).
I think the Gannon hate is starting to border on the Howie hate, 2-3 years ago (or now, depending on what kind of Eagles fan you're talking to, diverse group we are). A lot of people don't like watching it, but the results are the results and the numbers are the numbers. Maybe we just didn't have reliable DT depth after all? Can't have all star backups at every position. We are doing OK at Slot CB, compared to DT and well, TE there just isn't anyone there. For Suh + Linval to come in and play those many snaps on a new team, off the street, with 3-4 days of ramping up and *ALSO* to be as effective as they were speaks on a few things - 1. The DT depth just isn't there. Cox can't play 70 snaps and we just never had a Jordan Davis replacement. We do now. 2. These guys obviously are in GREAT shape, to again, come off the street a play like this. PFF had Linval as the highest graded defender. 3. If these guys can play like this *and* the team can keep healthy, when Davis and Goedert come back, this team is going to be even scarier than they already were.
I agree on this. I absolutely cannot stand Gannon's philosophy/scheme and the lack of aggression from the D. But results are results. The Eagles are ranked 2nd in the NFL in yards allowed and 7th in points allowed. I do think his aversion to giving up the big play makes the D play too soft and allows teams to sustain drives they shouldn't. It is so frustrating watching bad teams convert 3rd down after 3rd down. And I honestly think it will bite them in the butt come playoff time.

Love that Joseph and Suh came in off the couch and played so well Sunday. Big boost when we get Davis back, too. Hopefully, we have some stout run D, and generate pressure up the middle. Goedert can't come back quickly enough.

Amused to Death

Footballguy
The Goedert injury hurts, no doubt. But I think the last 2 games have been more about turnovers and penalties than DCs figuring out our offense.

ETA: The Eagles have turned the ball over 6 times the last 2 games - they only had 3 the 8 previous games.
From The Ringer:

The Eagles simply can’t turn the ball over like they have over the last two weeks if they want to stay atop the NFC and secure the first-round bye. In weeks 1-9, Philadelphia led the league in turnover differential with 18 turnovers forced while committing just three turnovers of their own. In their last two games, they’ve turned the ball over six times and rank 31st in turnover differential (-3). Philly’s early-season turnover luck was ridiculous and bound for regression, but the Eagles will lose more games than they should to close out the season if they let it regress rapidly all at once.

DJackson10

Footballguy
DC's are figuring us out and teams are doing what I said on how to beat us. Plus Goedart is a bigger loss to this offense then a lot of people thought.
The Goedert injury hurts, no doubt. But I think the last 2 games have been more about turnovers and penalties than DCs figuring out our offense.

ETA: The Eagles have turned the ball over 6 times the last 2 games - they only had 3 the 8 previous games.

I agree on Turnovers but it also looks like DC's are figuring us out a bit.

DJackson10

Footballguy
Jim Johnson, Buddy Ryan, and…Jonathan Gannon?

The Eagles have recorded 30+ sacks (33) and 20+ takeaways (21) while allowing less than 20 points per game (18.3) through 10 games for just the third time in team history.

2001 under Jim Johnson (32-20-13.1)

1989 under Buddy Ryan (39-20-19.4).
I think the Gannon hate is starting to border on the Howie hate, 2-3 years ago (or now, depending on what kind of Eagles fan you're talking to, diverse group we are). A lot of people don't like watching it, but the results are the results and the numbers are the numbers. Maybe we just didn't have reliable DT depth after all? Can't have all star backups at every position. We are doing OK at Slot CB, compared to DT and well, TE there just isn't anyone there. For Suh + Linval to come in and play those many snaps on a new team, off the street, with 3-4 days of ramping up and *ALSO* to be as effective as they were speaks on a few things - 1. The DT depth just isn't there. Cox can't play 70 snaps and we just never had a Jordan Davis replacement. We do now. 2. These guys obviously are in GREAT shape, to again, come off the street a play like this. PFF had Linval as the highest graded defender. 3. If these guys can play like this *and* the team can keep healthy, when Davis and Goedert come back, this team is going to be even scarier than they already were.
I agree on this. I absolutely cannot stand Gannon's philosophy/scheme and the lack of aggression from the D. But results are results. The Eagles are ranked 2nd in the NFL in yards allowed and 7th in points allowed. I do think his aversion to giving up the big play makes the D play too soft and allows teams to sustain drives they shouldn't. It is so frustrating watching bad teams convert 3rd down after 3rd down. And I honestly think it will bite them in the butt come playoff time.

Love that Joseph and Suh came in off the couch and played so well Sunday. Big boost when we get Davis back, too. Hopefully, we have some stout run D, and generate pressure up the middle. Goedert can't come back quickly enough.

I'd rather them eliminate big plays then giving them up every possession. It is frustrating at times but the pass rush needs to do a better job at times too

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy

ProstheticRGK

Footballguy
EDIT: Apparently they are sold out already. So, the contest is off. Unless they release another pressing. Sorry.

That youtube video of them recording was awesome. I love Kelce, love the vibe of this team. I'll be buying the album, and since it's for charity, I'll run a little in-thread contest.

For the upcoming Green Bay game:
Predict the winner
Predict total points scored

1st tie-breaker:
Predict Green Bay's total rushing yards

2nd tie-breaker:
Predict Jalen Hurts' passing yards

I'll buy the winner a copy of the album

jon007

Footballguy
Predict the winner = Eagles
Predict total points scored = 51

1st tie-breaker:
Predict Green Bay's total rushing yards = 128

2nd tie-breaker:
Predict Jalen Hurts' passing yards = 287

modogg

Footballguy
For the upcoming Green Bay game:
Predict the winner Eagles
Predict total points scored 41

1st tie-breaker:
Predict Green Bay's total rushing yards 97

2nd tie-breaker:
Predict Jalen Hurts' passing yards 235

I'll buy the winner a copy of the album :heart:

ProstheticRGK

Footballguy
******ATTENTION: the contest is CANCELLED! The album sold out on the first day of sales, and they haven’t talked about doing another pressing (it’s green vinyl, very cool collector’s edition). **************

sorry about that, I edited my original post within 20 minutes of posting after I went to the site to buy one for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread