What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

Cam Dicker, week 5 NFC Special Teams Player of the Week, brings the Eagles’ PotW streak to 5 straight to start the season.
Via Eagles PR:

The #Eagles are just the second #NFL team to win at least one Player of the Week award in each of the first 5 weeks of a season, joining the 1991 Bills.

Philadelphia is also the first team since the 2005 Bears (Weeks 8-12) to win Player of the Week honors in 5 consecutive weeks.

i honestly don't know if this is a compliment or JP is just burying us:

Jason Peters didn’t mince his words when sharing his opinion on Philadelphia fans ahead of the Cowboys-Eagles matchup on Sunday night.

“I just know the Philly fans are f------ idiots when it comes to camaraderie, the Cowboys—any team really,” the offensive lineman told the media Wednesday, per Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “....They know that. They pride themselves on being nasty, vulgar. They’re going to cuss at you

“....Philly fans are the wildest fans out there to me.”....

However, he did clarify that it won’t be just another city as he travels to Philadelphia. Peters said, per Gehlken, “I got my first Super Bowl there. I laid a lot of bricks there. Philly, that’s my city. Just to go back, it’ll be great to beat ’em.” ..

Jason Peters didn’t mince his words when sharing his opinion on Philadelphia fans ahead of the Cowboys-Eagles matchup on Sunday night.

“I just know the Philly fans are f------ idiots when it comes to camaraderie, the Cowboys—any team really,” the offensive lineman told the media Wednesday, per Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “....They know that. They pride themselves on being nasty, vulgar. They’re going to cuss at you

However, he did clarify that it won’t be just another city as he travels to Philadelphia. Peters said, per Gehlken, “I got my first Super Bowl there. I laid a lot of bricks there. Philly, that’s my city. Just to go back, it’ll be great to beat ’em.” ..

Is he using idiots in a loving way here maybe? I don't know many Eagles fans besides the die hard WIP and sports talk idiots who pride themselves on being nasty and vulgar though. A lot of us have moved on from the 7OO level behavior. It's only guys like Mikey Miss, Cataldi and the Sports radio guys who try to defend it or rile people up with it today.

Is he using idiots in a loving way here maybe? I don't know many Eagles fans besides the die hard WIP and sports talk idiots who pride themselves on being nasty and vulgar though. A lot of us have moved on from the 7OO level behavior. It's only guys like Mikey Miss, Cataldi and the Sports radio guys who try to defend it or rile people up with it today.
i think he was. didn't see the live interview, but did see whole interview written out and came off more that way. just fun talk i think to help get everyone excited for Sunday night.

Kelce had a funny response this morning, don't remember the details of it. basic premise was Philly fans are legit real fans, and Cowboys fans are much more pop culture and media driven followers, similar to Lakers/Yankees

and i hope the Eagles are playing coy with the status of players for Sunday night at this point. pretty hard to determine how game will look until this is who actually plays. i thought the bye week pre-season was a real shame so early in the season, but looks like it may be a blessing in disguise to let some time to heal for some of these guys:

#Eagles injury report is out.

Team held a walkthrough today so the following designations are estimations: K Jake Elliott, LT Jordan Mailata, LG Landon Dickerson, C Jason Kelce, RG Isaac Seumalo, RB Kenneth Gainwell, CB Avonte Maddox, and LB Patrick Johnson were all limited.

i think he was. didn't see the live interview, but did see whole interview written out and came off more that way. just fun talk i think to help get everyone excited for Sunday night.

Kelce had a funny response this morning, don't remember the details of it. basic premise was Philly fans are legit real fans, and Cowboys fans are much more pop culture and media driven followers, similar to Lakers/Yankees

He's not wrong. You could say Lebron fans are the same way. Also I'd add in on the Soccer Side Barcelona and EPL fans. A lot of media driven followers and only pay attention when the team/club is winning. But they'll be quick to tell you about past success.

Feels like we’re due for losing a fumble or two that will make this game tight.

Yeah we're do for a Miles Sanders Turnover soon
Dude. Why

While we're at it probably 2 Hurts INTs and 1 for a score I guess too :shrug:
Normally, I'd say bite your tongue. But you've been so dead-*** wrong about everything this year- You keep on doing you. :wink:

Honestly non of this means anything success wise if we don't win in the playoffs. No different then the 76ers the past few yrs. Good regular season team but then come up short in the post season when it matters.

Dude. Why

Normally, I'd say bite your tongue. But you've been so dead-*** wrong about everything this year- You keep on doing you. :wink:

Honestly non of this means anything success wise if we don't win in the playoffs. No different then the 76ers the past few yrs. Good regular season team but then come up short in the post season when it matters.
I hear what you are saying, and the subtle dig at Hurts for losing the playoff game last year.

This game means a lot to both teams. This will likely decide the winner of the NFCE, and could determine who gets a home game in the playoffs, or even the bye week. And that's on top of being Philly/Dallas. Plus, this should be a great game to watch. It could easily end up being great Defensive football and a 13-9 game.

The only thing that really scares me is Gannon's scheme.

Dude. Why

I hear what you are saying, and the subtle dig at Hurts for losing the playoff game last year.

This game means a lot to both teams. This will likely decide the winner of the NFCE, and could determine who gets a home game in the playoffs, or even the bye week. And that's on top of being Philly/Dallas. Plus, this should be a great game to watch. It could easily end up being great Defensive football and a 13-9 game.

i think the game is closer to a 27-24 game than a 13-9 game. Cards did a good job against Eagles Offense in spots, but i think Eagles offense will do well. My guess is 60% of drives will be able to generate scores, and probably get 30% of drives that will be complete duds of 3 -and-out.

for me, biggest X factor in how this game will play out is the health of the OL. 4 of 5 of the Eagles starting OL is on the injury report, so will come down to who can play and look closer to fully healthy. if the Eagles get 3 of those guys looking healthy and playing, i think the Eagles can win 31-21.

Dude. Why

Gotta get there first, and you do that by having a good regular season. And the better you do there, the better your chances in the playoffs (home field). Last year the regular season was not good, it was barely enough to squeak in. So far this year is good. Enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Also I'd say Rush is due to have a crap game. This is a QB who didn't even make the roster to start the season and no other team wanted him. Stop the run, force him to beat you, profit.

Dude. Why

Gotta get there first, and you do that by having a good regular season. And the better you do there, the better your chances in the playoffs (home field). Last year the regular season was not good, it was barely enough to squeak in. So far this year is good. Enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Also I'd say Rush is due to have a crap game. This is a QB who didn't even make the roster to start the season and no other team wanted him. Stop the run, force him to beat you, profit.

Yeah I think rush is gonna get crushed here. And we should be able to contain their ground game. Prob only need to score 17 to 21 to win.

Dude. Why

I'm more scared of Hurts facing a legit defense then Gannon. I think the talent is there. I also am feel full because he looked jumpy without the O-Line healthy either. If that continues that isn't going to be good at all. He almost threw an Interception 2 weeks in a row in similar fashion too but we were fortunate it the Defender didn't corral that pass enough. He's starting to get into bad habits again. Like I said it's a consistency thing for me

Dude. Why

We really haven't played anyone yet though. I just think we are doing a good job beating the teams we should beat right now

Dude. Why

We really haven't played anyone yet though. I just think we are doing a good job beating the teams we should beat right now
I'm not even sure that Dallas is all that good. I mean really outside of Philly, KC, Buffalo and maybe Baltimore who is really any good this year? I think the Niners could become dominant if their D stays healthy (but that apparently won't happen this year).

Dude. Why

I'm not even sure that Dallas is all that good. I mean really outside of Philly, KC, Buffalo and maybe Baltimore who is really any good this year? I think the Niners could become dominant if their D stays healthy (but that apparently won't happen this year).

I'm just more sayin I don't think we're as good as people think. I don't think Hurts has been really challenged yet. Our Defense I believe is good talent wise but haven't played any great QBs. We also lose Sunday if Kyler Murray wasn't an idiot and studied film more and played less COD. He should take lessons from Darius Slay who's a big gamer. I see him hoping online every now and then but he's always talking how he did film study first. There's a reason ARZ put that in Kyler's contract and they crumbled under the opinion of the public on the issue.

Dude. Why

That's where I'm at. The bar for being a good NFL team recently, and especially this year, is very low. And in the NFC it's practically on the floor. Complete and dominant teams don't exist. Everyone has holes somewhere, and then an injury or two can cripple some of those "elite" teams. I think the Eagles are as good as people think. That doesn't make them the Montana era 49ers, but in today's NFL you don't need that. Look at the game tonight. There's a lot of crap teams in the league right now. Hell the Giants are 4-1 and that roster is garbage. Like I've been saying, enjoy the ride and see where it takes you.

Dude. Why

I'm just more sayin I don't think we're as good as people think. I don't think Hurts has been really challenged yet. Our Defense I believe is good talent wise but haven't played any great QBs. We also lose Sunday if Kyler Murray wasn't an idiot and studied film more and played less COD. He should take lessons from Darius Slay who's a big gamer. I see him hoping online every now and then but he's always talking how he did film study first. There's a reason ARZ put that in Kyler's contract and they crumbled under the opinion of the public on the issue.
You're basically saying they lose if the other team was better. But they weren't. So the better team won. What's the problem here?

Dude. Why

That's where I'm at. The bar for being a good NFL team recently, and especially this year, is very low. And in the NFC it's practically on the floor. Complete and dominant teams don't exist. Everyone has holes somewhere, and then an injury or two can cripple some of those "elite" teams. I think the Eagles are as good as people think. That doesn't make them the Montana era 49ers, but in today's NFL you don't need that. Look at the game tonight. There's a lot of crap teams in the league right now. Hell the Giants are 4-1 and that roster is garbage. Like I've been saying, enjoy the ride and see where it takes you.

I will say that I do think the Bills and Chiefs are likely the cream of the crop in the entire league but if the Eagles make the Super Bowl, anything can happen.

Dude. Why

You're basically saying they lose if the other team was better. But they weren't. So the better team won. What's the problem here?

I'm saying we've been lucky that our weaknesses haven't been exposed. It's also not wrong to say a better QB decision we lose as well. At the very least we are going into OT but the way we moved the Ball in the 2nd half I wouldn't have been surprised we lose in OT.

Dude. Why

The NFL has a lot of mediocrity right now and we got teams not playing to what they are capable of either. It's a weird year in the NFL. I just rather not be stuck with a guy long term who's good in Regular season but we got very little chance in the playoffs with. In the Playoffs they scheme guys more to defend them because it's a one and done scenario. Not to say they aren't scheming in the regular season just to stop one guy but a gameplain just to win. This is why Lamar puts up good Regular seasons an sucks when it's playoff time

man, i have done a complete 180 on Dillard. i think some of it had to do with really rooting for Mailata, but the guy seems like he has a great mindset now and moving in the right direction. Not sure if he has changed so much, or just the reports during his rookie year were so negative, but glad all over that he has helped changed my mind on him. Hope he has more chance to contribute:

man, i have done a complete 180 on Dillard. i think some of it had to do with really rooting for Mailata, but the guy seems like he has a great mindset now and moving in the right direction. Not sure if he has changed so much, or just the reports during his rookie year were so negative, but glad all over that he has helped changed my mind on him. Hope he has more chance to contribute:

I remember when people were saying we should trade Dillard since we have OL depth. 2 things the Eagles will never do unless they got someone waiting in the wings. Trade good OL depth and trade a good Back up QB. I should say 3 Things and include good DL Depth too.

I remember when people were saying we should trade Dillard since we have OL depth. 2 things the Eagles will never do unless they got someone waiting in the wings. Trade good OL depth and trade a good Back up QB. I should say 3 Things and include good DL Depth too.
yeah i was one of them saying they should trade him. glad they didn't

Eagles should win the next game if they have the right game plan. I don't want to see us come in and pass all around. Set up the run. and steamroll this fast, but smaller Dallas defense. Get a lead, press the WR's on defense and throw Cooper Rush's timing off. Dude's streak of no turnovers as well as Ws is about to end. Jordan Davis should have a large role in this one helping shut down their run.

Things that will contribute to our L, if it happens:

Let Parsons run wild
Bad Tackling, let their run game dictate tempo
We do not establish a run game

34-13

Dude. Why

I'm saying we've been lucky that our weaknesses haven't been exposed. It's also not wrong to say a better QB decision we lose as well. At the very least we are going into OT but the way we moved the Ball in the 2nd half I wouldn't have been surprised we lose in OT.
And maybe if the OL isn't injured they steamroll them, or if the pay calling wasn't just screens, and maybe maybe maybe. I can only go by what happened. Eagles were banged up and didn't bring their A game but still found a way to win. That's a good thing. They were the better team, in part because the Cards QB is not good enough. That's the definition of being a better team, having better players than your opponent. So yeah you're right, the Eagles are lucky they're better than the Cards I guess.

Cooper Rush can't, just CANT, win every game, if he was that good he'd be the starter not Dak. at some point it's going to happen. If he beats the Eagles,
you have a genuine®️ full blown QB controversy on your hands. Why would you bring back d. Prescott when all Cooper Rush has done is to win game after game??
I do think this is the time that Rush slips up. You can put Diggs against AJ Brown, but you're leaving D. Smith with a lesser CB. Eagles at home, it's going to be loud.
Eagles 35,dallas 17. Dallas defense is good but they haven't faced an offense like the Eagles.
D. Smith likely to go absolutely nuts in this one,
as a Giants fan, I can't wait to see this game. NFC east is back baby!!

Dude. Why

And maybe if the OL isn't injured they steamroll them, or if the pay calling wasn't just screens, and maybe maybe maybe. I can only go by what happened. Eagles were banged up and didn't bring their A game but still found a way to win. That's a good thing. They were the better team, in part because the Cards QB is not good enough. That's the definition of being a better team, having better players than your opponent. So yeah you're right, the Eagles are lucky they're better than the Cards I guess.

Point went way over your head dude. The Eagles OL talent most of our back ups are starting on other NFL teams. Why do you think teams enquire on them. These aren't some stiff back ups. The Bengals would love to have at least 3 of our backs up as their starters.

Vic Fangio was brought in as a consultant of coaching by the Eagles. Eagles defenses uses a ton of terminology used by Fangio. Talk is that if Gannon got a HC this offseason Fangio would be a very likely replacement.

Vic Fangio was brought in as a consultant of coaching by the Eagles. Eagles defenses uses a ton of terminology used by Fangio. Talk is that if Gannon got a HC this offseason Fangio would be a very likely replacement.
That would be fine by me. It seems like Fangio's consultations have led to better results this season. We added a ton of talent, so maybe the D would look better anyway. But I think Gannon's in love with his soft, "bend, but don't break" Defense. And it frustrates the hell out of me. I'd bet a lot of the aggressive stunts and blitzes we've seen were all Fangio. And, Gannon's schemes on run fits leave guys in bad positions to make tackles.

I'd rather have the original Picasso than the $80 print I bought at the Art Museum.

Users who are viewing this thread