What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

I know a few of us talked about DeFillipo awhile back with the Carson stuff and how he coached his guys. One person who I talked to today about him going to the USFL said they are getting an awesome guy if they want to transition to the NFL. I asked about his coaching style and possible being a hard *** and here's what he told me. I also talked about possible misconception some might have in a situation like the Carson one.

That’s a really bad framing of how he is. He’s not a “bad cop” at all. He’s blunt, honest, and extremely detailed as every single QB should be. It’s never in bad faith or interpreted in any way other than he’s a guy who just expects and wants the best for his players. I’m pretty shocked to hear that that’s a characterization of him someone had. That was not my experience at all, nor any of the players in Philadelphia. He had the entire offense 3 steps ahead of the game in the Red Zone. He certainly isn’t a hardass or anything of the sort. He’s a great guy to be around. A lot of people say the same about Jim Schwartz, but he isn’t that way either. He just comes off that way. Yeah I hear ya. I expect misconceptions in situations like that, I’m just surprised to hear it about Flip. Like Jim Schwartz, I fully expect that type of misconception. I doubt the person meant it in any serious way anyway.

Of Coarse I got tickets to Merciful Fate tomorrow night at the Fillmore and the Eagles are playing. Totally forgot I had tickets. Never seen them and are on my bucket list. Saw King Diamond Start of November of '19 prior to everything shutting down which ended up being my last concert till this year. Oh We'll I think they got free wifi so I can check in on the game with it being on ESPN anyway. Just come home and rewatch I guess then without the Commercials

31-13 tonight. These guys suck and word is Chase Young will not play. The 2 DT's "Do not" suck, ok, so lets not run at them. Their linebackers and secondary are trash. Heinicke is like a bad backup QB. 2.5 over/under for me on Heinicke turnovers, 4.5 over/under sacks. Miles has a nice game again, I think Devonta cooks, as well as Goedert, maybe a defensive TD or 2.

Good vibes all around.

I think we are business as usual tonight. The game will be close at half time but we'll pull away in the 2nd half.

27 - 20 Eagles

Prediction for tonight: My toes are going to freeze and fall off out there. It was 75 degrees on Saturday, and it's going to be in the low 30's tonight, with the wind! Crossing my fingers the GB SNF game gets flexed into an afternoon game.

Commies jump out to an early lead on a uncharacteristic Hurts turnover. Birds defense rights the ship as does the offense. Eagles continue to dominate, progressing to 9-0.

Birds 34-20

Vikings pull off a miracle and Eagles mail it in as 11 point favorites and now instead of being up 2 games on the entire field in the NFC, we're tied at the top (yes, I know we hold the H2H tiebreaker but still).

Eagles didn't play well but the refs didn't really help. That last call was an absolute disgrace.
Absolutely positively disagree. Easiest call of the game. Even easier then the missed facemask, which was one the ref had to at least be in the right position to see. Graham took four steps and hit a guy who had given hismelf up AND was already in the grasp of another defender. Blatant foul

Eagles didn't play well but the refs didn't really help. That last call was an absolute disgrace.
Absolutely positively disagree. Easiest call of the game. Even easier then the missed facemask, which was one the ref had to at least be in the right position to see. Graham took four steps and hit a guy who had given hismelf up AND was already in the grasp of another defender. Blatant foul
No. He was being blocked and turned to see a QB slip to the ground and then pulled up when Reddick touched him. Absolutely horrific call.

Stop, please. BG f'ed up- the minute Heineken downed the ball, it was play over. BG didn't recognize it quickly enough and kept coming. He looked like he was halfway trying to pull up, but hit him in the head. No matter how softly, it's a penalty. By rule.

Just watched it four more times on the after show....Graham had four steps, without any blocker touching him, while Heineke was on his knees, WITH the other defender touching Heineke...it really REALLY wasn't close. Anyone arguing anything else is clearly FAR from objective on it.

NFL rule issues aside (every QB should take a knee if a sack looks possible). the blueprint is obvious these last 2 weeks how to play the Eagles. and if Gannon and defense can't figure it out i think there is legit concern Eagles could go 1 and out in playoffs. I love Jordan Davis too, but the guy was only playing 25ish snaps a game.

Stop, please. BG f'ed up- the minute Heineken downed the ball, it was play over. BG didn't recognize it quickly enough and kept coming. He looked like he was halfway trying to pull up, but hit him in the head. No matter how softly, it's a penalty. By rule.
Agreed.

Also didn't like the PI that gave the Eagles a touchdown. That should have been either a no-call or offensive PI.

But that crap happens in all games, and here we are.

as a general fan only watching the game for fantasy no way DT could stop, was a weird moment for a full on V formation kneel- Heinecke either bated them on that or he’s as awkward as he looks

either way wasn’t the worse one I’ve seen this season and Eagles biggest problem by far is their offense wasn’t working with an injured Brown but they wouldn’t take him out either

that’s a coaching issue somebody should have made that call

I only saw the last 4 mins as I was at a concert. Despite the call sucking it's the right call. They are going to protect the QB. Tommy Lawlor even said it was the right call as well and a dumb play by BG. The Reddick hit was fine. Even if you thought the call was soft it was right.

The complaining over that foul is a big reason other fan bases can't stand us.

Bingo its why I can't stand the fanbase at times in a lot of sports. When we lose games like tonight it's always blame the refs but we shouldn't be putting ourselves in that spot to begin with. I watch a lot of soccer and last season my Club Milan drew a game they should've won. Final min of added time we score a goal we thought ref gave a foul advantage and we thought we won. Guess what the ref called the play dead and we got a free kick. We ended up drawing. Yeah some blamed the ref but myself and others said we never should've put ourselves in position for the ref to decide the game either. I have yet to watch the game and will probably tomorrow but it sounds like this team shot itself in the foot while also WAS played one of the ways I said we could be beaten. Run the ball and play small ball. Great teams find ways to win these games.

Only loser teams and fanbases complain and blame officials for a game being lost. We're far from that.

The complaining over that foul is a big reason other fan bases can't stand us.
No it's not. The reason other fan bases can't stand us is because all the people that talk **** to other fans and then cry troll when they bring it back to us.

Disagree I see a lot of times we do it to ourselves. Perfect example is the 76ers fans bragging day 1 of the tank talk smack how the 76ers would draft X and X and draft Simmons and then they can recruit LeBron and other stars. Well it never happened. Then 76ers fans complained about other fans mocking them etc. Even if I was a 76ers fan I'd say we deserved the mocking for how cocky we were back then with zero guarantees.

You can also just listen to the radio to all the knuckle dragging neanderthals on there. Both sides are in the wrong. When they go low we shouldn't go lower. Instead of cheering the assholes in our fanbase we should be mocking them not enabling their behavior. Stop feeding into the cataldi gargano etc bs victim playing. I live near super fan Shaun Young and have talked to him numerious times. You want to know his biggest regret as a fan is/was? The Dirty 3O booing McNabb incident. It's why when Cataldi asked Shaun to bring it back for McNabb's first game as a visitor he refused and then Angelo kicked him off the morning show. Thankfully Shaun was able to go and apologize to McNabb and his family with in the first few yrs of McNabb's Eagles career. But Shaun has to live that event constantly.

Besides half these fans mocking us etc haven't won **** in yrs in their city in any sport. If we are letting them get to us we're softer than baby ****.

Users who are viewing this thread