What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (4 Viewers)

This loss was just disappointing. I know going undefeated wasn't realistic, but was still hopeful to see it. I put the blame on coaching more than anything else. Cowardly Gannon came back with his bend and break defense. Run defense may have looked bad, but only gave up just over 3 yards per carry. It was the passive, soft zone, playing way off nonsense that cost them IMO. Made it way too easy for Heinicke and never forced him into mistakes.

Officiating isn't the reason they lost, but it sure as hell didn't help. Apparently Goedert not only had his head ripped off but they also poked him in the eye. How is that missed? I see people defending the BG call, but watch with sound and hear how late the whistle was. He was already sliding into him, thinking he was getting up because again, no whistle. Nothing he could do to stop. Just frustrating when you're having a bad night and crap like this piles on top of it. Not going to argue any of this, just my opinion on the calls.

Thought Hurts played well enough. Even the pick was a good throw that bounced off Brown's hands, but my god what was he thinking on the last drive bailing immediately and running into a sack? Not a good sign panicking in the first high pressure situation. Hopes he learns from that.

Even with all this, they were still one play away from possibly winning. (Watkins! Why?) So there's my bright side for the rest of the season.

This loss was just disappointing. I know going undefeated wasn't realistic, but was still hopeful to see it. I put the blame on coaching more than anything else. Cowardly Gannon came back with his bend and break defense. Run defense may have looked bad, but only gave up just over 3 yards per carry. It was the passive, soft zone, playing way off nonsense that cost them IMO. Made it way too easy for Heinicke and never forced him into mistakes.

Officiating isn't the reason they lost, but it sure as hell didn't help. Apparently Goedert not only had his head ripped off but they also poked him in the eye. How is that missed? I see people defending the BG call, but watch with sound and hear how late the whistle was. He was already sliding into him, thinking he was getting up because again, no whistle. Nothing he could do to stop. Just frustrating when you're having a bad night and crap like this piles on top of it. Not going to argue any of this, just my opinion on the calls.

Thought Hurts played well enough. Even the pick was a good throw that bounced off Brown's hands, but my god what was he thinking on the last drive bailing immediately and running into a sack? Not a good sign panicking in the first high pressure situation. Hopes he learns from that.

Even with all this, they were still one play away from possibly winning. (Watkins! Why?) So there's my bright side for the rest of the season.
it is just inexcusable to continuously let the Washington offense get to 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 throughout entire drives. When it is almost a guarantee that Washington RB will get 4-5 yards on 1st down they are digging a hole they won't be able to come out of. i believe the only one they had any positive defense on a 1st down play was some penalty on Washington to take it to 1st and 15

it is just inexcusable to continuously let the Washington offense get to 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 throughout entire drives. When it is almost a guarantee that Washington RB will get 4-5 yards on 1st down they are digging a hole they won't be able to come out of. i believe the only one they had any positive defense on a 1st down play was some penalty on Washington to take it to 1st and 15
It was death by a thousand cuts. There were no big runs, no gashing, just consistent 3-4 yards. And anytime there was a 3rd and 4/5 the CBs are 20 yards away and unable to make plays or the zone was easily exploited. Just frustrating to watch.

Disappointing loss and I refuse to play rival divisional fanguy and blame it on the refs. Reminded me of the game I went to at Dallas last year where they just said "ya know where are a passing team today" but didn't have a plan. You run the ball, and then run the g**d*** ball some more then pass. THAT is our identity. And they go away from this and barely target Brown? Yikes.

Positives though - we WILL take the ball away, but if we lose giving the ball away 3x on some very lucky (or unlucky whatever) bounces on all 3 turnovers, I can live with that.

No pass rush again is starting to worry me though, and holy crap can we get Jordan Davis back asap.

I posted in the Eagles going undefeated thread the other day that all it takes is an A level team to play at a B level and a C level team to play at a B level and anything can happen. A bad call here, a bad bounce there, a fluke play, etc. In those types of games, only 2 or 3 plays usually impact the outcome, and that's what happened last night.

I posted in the Eagles going undefeated thread the other day that all it takes is an A level team to play at a B level and a C level team to play at a B level and anything can happen. A bad call here, a bad bounce there, a fluke play, etc. In those types of games, only 2 or 3 plays usually impact the outcome, and that's what happened last night.
yeah, i think it was bound to happen sooner rather than later. hoping the Eagles shook the pressure of the whole undefeated season thing and can play little looser. Run defense is still a big deal that Gannon will need to realize he needs to do something about

The Eagles allowed 144 rushing yards to the Steelers, 168 in Houston and 152 last night.

This is the first time since late in the 2006 season they’ve allowed 140 or more rushing yards in three straight games [and only the 8th time in the last 35 years].

via Reuben Frank

FYI our upcoming opposing RBs

W11 - Jonathan Taylor
W12 - Jones / Dillon
W13 - Derek Henry
W14 - Saquan Barkley
W15 - Fields / Montgomery
W16 - Tony Pollard
W17 - Alvin Kamara
W18 - Saquan Barkley

Jonathan Taylor is going to get 40 carries this week and every team after that would be wise to do the same until we stop it.

I didn't want to comment on the game last night but this loss is 100% on the coaches. The Eagles live and die by the run game, we always have...
I thought they were robbed. The missed face mask call cost them the game since the play resulted in a turnover.
it obviously hurt and is unfair, but they still had chances. If Quez doesn't fumble, they still had a good chance of winning.

as a general fan only watching the game for fantasy no way DT could stop, was a weird moment for a full on V formation kneel- Heinecke either bated them on that or he’s as awkward as he looks

either way wasn’t the worse one I’ve seen this season and Eagles biggest problem by far is their offense wasn’t working with an injured Brown but they wouldn’t take him out either

that’s a coaching issue somebody should have made that call
Not buying this. Watched it 10 more times today on NFLN...Graham was a full 4+ steps away AFTER Heinecke was down and had a great unobstructed view of it WITH another defenders hands on the QB. he had all day to pull up. The hit itself was soft sa he did try to pull up late. If he'd been 2 or even 3 steps away he probably doesn't get that flag, but it was egregiously late.

I didn't want to comment on the game last night but this loss is 100% on the coaches. The Eagles live and die by the run game, we always have...
I thought they were robbed. The missed face mask call cost them the game since the play resulted in a turnover.
it obviously hurt and is unfair, but they still had chances. If Quez doesn't fumble, they still had a good chance of winning.
The ref that missed that call should be held accountable, if he's not.

Meaning, he should not be allowed to ref a playoff game for that bad no-call and if he does it enough, he shouldn't be allowed to ref any game.

Last edited:
as a general fan only watching the game for fantasy no way DT could stop, was a weird moment for a full on V formation kneel- Heinecke either bated them on that or he’s as awkward as he looks

either way wasn’t the worse one I’ve seen this season and Eagles biggest problem by far is their offense wasn’t working with an injured Brown but they wouldn’t take him out either

that’s a coaching issue somebody should have made that call
Not buying this. Watched it 10 more times today on NFLN...Graham was a full 4+ steps away AFTER Heinecke was down and had a great unobstructed view of it WITH another defenders hands on the QB. he had all day to pull up. The hit itself was soft sa he did try to pull up late. If he'd been 2 or even 3 steps away he probably doesn't get that flag, but it was egregiously late.
I agree with this. He had all day to pull up but didn't. The QB was down way long enough.

Yeah....I'm pretty disappointed too, but on a less emotional review I feel like there was some bizarre bad luck in this one. AJ Brown comes down with that deep ball 4 times in 5...it went right through his hands, but having done so it's kind of bizarre the defender was able to corral it. The Watkins fumble was just hard luck, and the Goedert fumble a bad missed call. Held them to something south of 5 yards a play and close to 3 yards a rush, but somehow Washington had a very high 3rd down conversion rate, and made every fourth down they attempted....defense was too soft in the secondary but there's more then a small bit of bad luck in those stats. Eagles could play like they did last night every time against that Washington team and still win 4 of 5. But that just goes to show how hard it is to go unbeaten in the NFL. You're gonna have a couple games like this where nothing seems to bounce right, and you're gonna have a hard time overcoming it every time.

The Eagles allowed 144 rushing yards to the Steelers, 168 in Houston and 152 last night.

This is the first time since late in the 2006 season they’ve allowed 140 or more rushing yards in three straight games [and only the 8th time in the last 35 years].

via Reuben Frank
Not gonna bash the run D last night. Washington needed 49!!!!!!!! carries to get to that total. It's just bizarre that they just couldn't find a stop on 3rd down

I can't comment overall as I haven't watched yet. Final minutes I did and apparently only replay I can see the game is subbing to the NFL App dumb thing hopefully I get another free week trial to watch the condescend version of the game. However I did see this play and that's something I've always hated with Hurts. He's been better at it this year but I still see a few times a game he bails well before he needs too from the pocket. But this is something fans need to be ok with when you have a QB who makes one read and takes off and doesn't go through the progressions. You can only do so much with guys like that in developing them to not do so but like they say, can't teach an old dog new tricks. Eventually these guys forget their mechanics etc and go back to that especially when defenses try making them pure pocket passers.

Again I have yet to watch the game so I don't know if this was a consistent thing throughout with him or not last night. However it's something if people and the team think he's the guy of the future we'll have to live with him doing at times.

Tommy Lawlor who was EaglesScout on the old NFL Eagles Board has his own site. He mentioned how the games vs WAS especially prime time MNF games have a history of being whacky and weird games but thought if the Eagles could control that they'd win but if it got Whacky WAS could beat them

yeah, i think it was bound to happen sooner rather than later. hoping the Eagles shook the pressure of the whole undefeated season thing and can play little looser. Run defense is still a big deal that Gannon will need to realize he needs to do something about

From listening to the leaders on the team it sounds like many are happy they lost in a way because now they can put the going undefeated the whole year questions to rest. Seemed like they were becoming a distraction and Burden.

W11 - Jonathan Taylor
W12 - Jones / Dillon
W13 - Derek Henry
W14 - Saquan Barkley
W16 - Tony Pollard
W17 - Alvin Kamara
W18 - Saquan Barkley

Jonathan Taylor is going to get 40 carries this week and every team after that would be wise to do the same until we stop it.

WAS must've been reading my posts when people were asking me how I thought we could lose. I said one of them is ball control. If we can't slow the bears down we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs. They are essentially running the Colin Kaepernick SF offense right now. Go back and watch the tape on how teams eventually stopped SF and use those in your game plan. Turn Fields into a pocket passer.

The ref that missed that call should be held accountable, if he's not.

Meaning, he should not be allowed to ref a playoff game for that bad no-call and if he does it enough, he shouldn't be allowed to ref any game.

One of the NFL reporters put out a quote from the referee team from the game. They basically made an excuse for missing the call. I think it was Jesse Palmer who tweeted it and at the end of his own tweet before a photo with the quote he said in quotes " All they had to smile say was we missed the call thats on us."

W11 - Jonathan Taylor
W12 - Jones / Dillon
W13 - Derek Henry
W14 - Saquan Barkley
W16 - Tony Pollard
W17 - Alvin Kamara
W18 - Saquan Barkley

Yep…new Colts head coach that is famous for getting into arguments with Peyton Manning about not running it enough. They are going to absolutely feed Taylor

From listening to the leaders on the team it sounds like many are happy they lost in a way because now they can put the going undefeated the whole year questions to rest. Seemed like they were becoming a distraction and Burden.
Undefeated talk was and is silly, because Jeff Saturday will be 2-0 after next week :)

W11 - Jonathan Taylor
W12 - Jones / Dillon
W13 - Derek Henry
W14 - Saquan Barkley
W16 - Tony Pollard
W17 - Alvin Kamara
W18 - Saquan Barkley

Yep…new Colts head coach that is famous for getting into arguments with Peyton Manning about not running it enough. They are going to absolutely feed Taylor
I agree about Taylor, but Saturday doesn't call the plays. They don't have a Peyton Manning on their team now, but I believe you need to throw it on first down sometimes to keep teams off-balanced. One of the issues Reich had was always running on first down and was 2nd and 8 all the time.

Watched the first half. WAS just ran it down our throats. Seems like we are missing Avonte Maddox in the slot immensely. Hurts INT I've seen people blame it on AJ Brown but the Safety should've caught the ball initially still ended up with it. Just a poor read and throw. The 2 TD calls were very good. Hurts sneak and the Tebow Jump pass to DG. Hurts looked inaccurate on a few lays during the first half but it was very noticeable on the TD drive. I think it was Gainewell who had to Comeback on a ball, he missed an out route on someone and Smith had to reach back on a ball he did catch on another. Hurts most inaccurate half in terms of ball placement and timing he's had in a long time.

About to watch the 2nd half now

Undefeated talk was and is silly, because Jeff Saturday will be 2-0 after next week :)

Only hired because he's the owners drinking buddy

First drive 1 inaccurate pass and Fuller probably should've been called for DPI

Good mix on the TD drive but the Eagles O needed chunk plays. D got the stop to hold to FG.

Next possession after Smith TD CJGJ hit Samuel in bounds on the PF call but it was helmet to helmet initiated by the defender. It's a good call and if we were playing college rules he'd have been gone.

Another pick on the same drive by CJGJ!!!!! 5 games 6 INTS and was wearing the jersey again last night. Sign this man long term already Howie!!!!!

What a horrible call on the face mask there

AJ Brown looked more hurt then he was and maybe shouldn't have been in there.

Just a bad break on the Quiz plays

Onto the last penalty. Reddick slipped initially so I think Graham didn't think Reddick would get there. Heinkie gave himself up though and Graham took another like 3 steps and lunged. Whistle was late but it was the right call.

Over Eagles played sloppy WAS ran 51 plays in the 1st half we ran 47 the whole game. There were a few missed called but you can't put yourself in a position where it allows the officials to control you win and lose. It's just a bad frustrating loss they need to learn from. Now that we got a little adversity and a key injury on Offense lets see how they come out vs Indy next week. This game doesn't have as much meaning as it once did as No Wentz and no Reich either so this now just becomes a normal game for us. Intern HC who has zero business with the job but should have plenty of players fighting for their jobs for the rest of the season. Take Indy lightly and we could lose again.

I think you’re going to be surprised.

I can't comment overall as I haven't watched yet. Final minutes I did and apparently only replay I can see the game is subbing to the NFL App dumb thing hopefully I get another free week trial to watch the condescend version of the game. However I did see this play and that's something I've always hated with Hurts. He's been better at it this year but I still see a few times a game he bails well before he needs too from the pocket. But this is something fans need to be ok with when you have a QB who makes one read and takes off and doesn't go through the progressions. You can only do so much with guys like that in developing them to not do so but like they say, can't teach an old dog new tricks. Eventually these guys forget their mechanics etc and go back to that especially when defenses try making them pure pocket passers.

Again I have yet to watch the game so I don't know if this was a consistent thing throughout with him or not last night. However it's something if people and the team think he's the guy of the future we'll have to live with him doing at times.
You hadn’t watched the game and that’s your input. :lmao:

Yeah....I'm pretty disappointed too, but on a less emotional review I feel like there was some bizarre bad luck in this one. AJ Brown comes down with that deep ball 4 times in 5...it went right through his hands, but having done so it's kind of bizarre the defender was able to corral it. The Watkins fumble was just hard luck, and the Goedert fumble a bad missed call. Held them to something south of 5 yards a play and close to 3 yards a rush, but somehow Washington had a very high 3rd down conversion rate, and made every fourth down they attempted....defense was too soft in the secondary but there's more then a small bit of bad luck in those stats. Eagles could play like they did last night every time against that Washington team and still win 4 of 5. But that just goes to show how hard it is to go unbeaten in the NFL. You're gonna have a couple games like this where nothing seems to bounce right, and you're gonna have a hard time overcoming it every time.
Great post

Eagles placed Dallas Goedert and Marlon Tulupoluto on IR signed NT Linvel Joseph former Giant who was with the Chargers last year and was with Gannon in Minny. Brandon Staley runs a similar defense to the Eagles

LOVE THIS he's gonna bring a lot of stuff to the team. He and CJ Gardner really are going to ignite this team further with their personalities I say.

Also hey, we HAVE to be better at defending the run now. No chance we don't at least incrementally improve. Just in time for J Taylor and Co..

Should we be concerned that signing both Joseph and Suh is a sign that Jordan Davis is going to miss a lot more time? Seems like they would have 6 DT on the roster when Davis comes back which is a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread