What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

Should we be concerned that signing both Joseph and Suh is a sign that Jordan Davis is going to miss a lot more time? Seems like they would have 6 DT on the roster when Davis comes back which is a lot.

I heard last Sunday from someone Jordan Davis was expected back from IR after the 4 weeks. Something could've changed since then though.

As a fantasy owner of the Philly D and a sort of closet Iggles fan, I luv the Suh signing. Good depth piece who I think had plenty o' juice left to contribute to an already solid unit. Looking fwd to Suh and Davis next to one another at some point.

Should we be concerned that signing both Joseph and Suh is a sign that Jordan Davis is going to miss a lot more time? Seems like they would have 6 DT on the roster when Davis comes back which is a lot.
Man, I sure hope not. The snaps he was getting, that D looked stout.

Also, I am holding my nose to stomach the Suh signing. I just hope he doesn’t bring any weird juju into the locker room, or dirty play on the field.

I think it's more the immediate need, the fact they're a SB hopeful so can't afford to wait for Davis, and also that Cox has been invisible. Suddenly they're super thin at DT so had to bolster it quickly. Really don't like having Suh on the team. Assume he'll help on the field, but yuck to that guy.

Turns out we have a bit more injuries in the depth at DT than maybe initially thought, one of the lower tier guys (one of the Marvins) has a knee injury, and with Nick secret about injuries, it might be a bit longer. Plus we were gashed the last 2 games pretty easily (yeah yeah WASTEAM had low YPC but still 49 attempts is insane).

Might take a bit for them to form into game shape, but that goes to show how much they kinda screwed up having Jordan as the only NT on the team and scheming around what a NT does.

I think that right about now, fans of many other NFL Teams are envying the Eagles for having GM Howie Roseman. In an amazing feat of football intellect, the likes of which we rarely see in the DMV over the past few decades, Scott Turner & Co. recognized the absence of Jordan Davis would leave a gaping hole in the Eagles defensive front, and exploited it. Roseman immediately responds by signing Joseph and Suh, to address that issue. Moves that on their face seem like common sense, but 'common sense isn't very common', as my Mom always said. Well done, fellas.

I think it's more the immediate need, the fact they're a SB hopeful so can't afford to wait for Davis, and also that Cox has been invisible. Suddenly they're super thin at DT so had to bolster it quickly. Really don't like having Suh on the team. Assume he'll help on the field, but yuck to that guy.
Sure he’s been known to be a dirty player on the field but my recollection is that he’s actually a class act off the field. I recall he does a ton for the community.

Sure he’s been known to be a dirty player on the field but my recollection is that he’s actually a class act off the field. I recall he does a ton for the community.
That's good to hear. Honestly, I only know about him on-field and what I know isn't rosy.

yup, guy has a bad rep with some for a few plays he made, but overall the guy has been seen as good teammate. because he is an intense player who plays with emotions isn't that big of a deal. listen to a lot of OL and you will realize plays that he is known for happen quite a bit.

guy seems like a good dude, and with the current lockerroom, especially across the DL, i don't see a downside to the signing.

1st interview with the team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m57IKQhnPA&ab_channel=PhiladelphiaEagles

it's funny when Howie makes moves like this. Saw 2 recent "news breaks" that Eagles are looking to sign Gronkowski. is that even possible, he is still under contract in TB.

fun talk though after that Monday night game

it's funny when Howie makes moves like this. Saw 2 recent "news breaks" that Eagles are looking to sign Gronkowski. is that even possible, he is still under contract in TB.

fun talk though after that Monday night game

I think TB still holds his rights and he'd only come back to play with Brady

I think that right about now, fans of many other NFL Teams are envying the Eagles for having GM Howie Roseman. In an amazing feat of football intellect, the likes of which we rarely see in the DMV over the past few decades, Scott Turner & Co. recognized the absence of Jordan Davis would leave a gaping hole in the Eagles defensive front, and exploited it. Roseman immediately responds by signing Joseph and Suh, to address that issue. Moves that on their face seem like common sense, but 'common sense isn't very common', as my Mom always said. Well done, fellas.
:lol:

Any clarity on the TE situation? Tia

Calcatarra and Tyree Jackson will probably get the shares but I can see those balls going to Smith, Brown and others including the backs now
Will they trust Jackson? Which has more upside in fantasy? I have one move to make, and gonna grab one of those two today.

Tyree Jackson is the Buffalo University QB turned TE similar Body as Logan Thomas. Tyree was a training camp media and fan favorite last year but got hurt and spent some time out. Eagles seem to really like him and he scored in the DAL game last year before he tore his ACL. This week is his first game. Grant Calcatarra is a former OU teammate of Hurts who left football for a few yrs because of Concussions. He hasn't played much and Jack Stohl has been like TE2 most of the year. If I had money on 1 of the TE's it'd be Jackson but I could see them giving him a limit to start. This will be his first live football since Last Dec almost a year. I had Goedart in my keeper league and had Dulcrich as a Backup. I picked up McBride in that league. My Work league I got Pitts and picked up Tyree Jackson and was thinking of actually dropping Dulcrich for Tyree but I wanted to wait and see how Trey McBride did first.

Calcatarra and Tyree Jackson will probably get the shares but I can see those balls going to Smith, Brown and others including the backs now
Will they trust Jackson? Which has more upside in fantasy? I have one move to make, and gonna grab one of those two today.
i disagree a bit which may mean to just avoid. uf you are looking for floor, i would go Jack Stoll he likely gets the most snaps and will get a few. i would go Calcatrra if you have luxury to live dangerously

i disagree a bit which may mean to just avoid. uf you are looking for floor, i would go Jack Stoll he likely gets the most snaps and will get a few. i would go Calcatrra if you have luxury to live dangerously

I think they like Stoll and for this week he might be the guy but I think Grant and Tyree take his spot eventually

I know we love ****ting on Washington but this is a great gesture for the 3 football players killed this week by them. I think every NFL should be doing these things or do this as well. Show a sign of solidarity from one level of the game to the next

Per Scheftar

Commanders said they will wear three helmet decals for Sunday’s game vs. the Texans: No. 1, 15, and 41, to honor the three UVA football players who tragically lost their lives last Sunday.

tight tough win. Some may be unhappy, but TBH lots to like in this one. Hurts with late game heroics and shows he can lead a comeback. Defense was terrific except for that opening drive. Offense a hair off again today but they weren't terrible....Colts strength is their defense and it showed.

Some might complain....but they shouldn't. Road wins are road wins.

tight tough win. Some may be unhappy, but TBH lots to like in this one. Hurts with late game heroics and shows he can lead a comeback. Defense was terrific except for that opening drive. Offense a hair off again today but they weren't terrible....Colts strength is their defense and it showed.

Some might complain....but they shouldn't. Road wins are road wins.
post game made a good point too. that fumble by Jalen out of halftime on that first play could have been backbreaking (i put that more on the coaching staff having Miles block Ngakwu), and the whole team bounced back well. holding that to a FG was a win for them too

That was a real statement win for Hurts. 2 great drives late in the game. Guy is a star

Defense won us that game today. Hurts was off most of the game. I didn't see all of it but when I did watch he was not going through his progressions. He also miss read RPOs he usually reads well. Until the final minute he looked avg at best today. We got lucky with the non face mask call which I'm sure was a make up for last MNF and the defender being an idiot tackling Miles when the ball was under thrown. Without the Epps forced Fumble Indy scores and we lose.

We can't play like we've had the last 2 games or we're definitely one and done in the playoffs. I didn't like seeing Sanders with his ball security issues in there late he scares the **** out of me late in games with the ball. Wasn't a big fan on the 4th and 2 call the trying to draw them off or the play call itself.

That was a real statement win for Hurts. 2 great drives late in the game. Guy is a star

Defense won us that game today. Hurts was off most of the game. I didn't see all of it but when I did watch he was not going through his progressions. Until the final minute he looked avg at best today. We got lucky with the non face mask call which I'm sure was a make up for last MNF and the defender being an idiot tackling Miles when the ball was under thrown. Without the Epps forced Fumble Indy scores and we lose.

We can't play like we've had the last 2 games or we're definitely one and done in the playoffs.
Wasn't much of a facemask. Mentioned it then but if there's zero pull on the mask, it isn't supposed to be called. He barely touched the facemask at the tail end of the play. No makeup call necessary....they'll toss that flag as often as not, but that should generally be let go.

Defense won us that game today. Hurts was off most of the game. I didn't see all of it but when I did watch he was not going through his progressions. Until the final minute he looked avg at best today. We got lucky with the non face mask call which I'm sure was a make up for last MNF and the defender being an idiot tackling Miles when the ball was under thrown. Without the Epps forced Fumble Indy scores and we lose.

We can't play like we've had the last 2 games or we're definitely one and done in the playoffs.
Wasn't much of a facemask. Mentioned it then but if there's zero pull on the mask, it isn't supposed to be called. He barely touched the facemask at the tail end of the play. No makeup call necessary....they'll toss that flag as often as not, but that should generally be let go.

As much as I agree with the call itself with the way they protect QB's its usually called. I think if that was Mahomes or Brady etc they are calling it though.

What's going on with our offense?

O-line seems out of sync - As the o-line leader Kelce seems confused at times.
Hurts doesn't seem to trust the pocket again.
Hurts doesn't seem to be seeing the field or anticipating when WRs are going to be open.
Hurts doesn't seem to like the playcalling at times.
It's like offensively we've gone away from fundamentals.

Is Nick being too easy on these guys?
Where's the accountability?

Hurts doesn't seem to be seeing the field or anticipating when WRs are going to be open.

i think this week was more out of whack than the last 2-3 games. might be due to a short week. Will be interesting to see how they look Sunday night if they can get back into the swing of things.

another factor could be the offense play calling though. i didn't hear it myself, but i know some mentioned one of the Colts DL after the game was saying they could tell the play by how the OL blocked, and it was easy to read what was coming. so maybe the offense has slowed due to defenses being able to game plan better for the Eagles

i think this week was more out of whack than the last 2-3 games. might be due to a short week. Will be interesting to see how they look Sunday night if they can get back into the swing of things.

another factor could be the offense play calling though. i didn't hear it myself, but i know some mentioned one of the Colts DL after the game was saying they could tell the play by how the OL blocked, and it was easy to read what was coming. so maybe the offense has slowed due to defenses being able to game plan better for the Eagles
Seems to me the bye week and the schedule that followed may have gotten them out of rhythm. Hopefully they get back on track.

Jim Johnson, Buddy Ryan, and…Jonathan Gannon?

The Eagles have recorded 30+ sacks (33) and 20+ takeaways (21) while allowing less than 20 points per game (18.3) through 10 games for just the third time in team history.

2001 under Jim Johnson (32-20-13.1)

1989 under Buddy Ryan (39-20-19.4).

6th 9-1 start in team history, made the championship/SB in all 5 of the previous seasons (1949, 1960, 1980, 2004, 2017)

With 9 wins this is our 18th winning season since 1995, 5th most in the NFL (Pats, GB, Pitt, Indy)

Jim Johnson, Buddy Ryan, and…Jonathan Gannon?

The Eagles have recorded 30+ sacks (33) and 20+ takeaways (21) while allowing less than 20 points per game (18.3) through 10 games for just the third time in team history.

2001 under Jim Johnson (32-20-13.1)

1989 under Buddy Ryan (39-20-19.4).
I think the Gannon hate is starting to border on the Howie hate, 2-3 years ago (or now, depending on what kind of Eagles fan you're talking to, diverse group we are). A lot of people don't like watching it, but the results are the results and the numbers are the numbers. Maybe we just didn't have reliable DT depth after all? Can't have all star backups at every position. We are doing OK at Slot CB, compared to DT and well, TE there just isn't anyone there. For Suh + Linval to come in and play those many snaps on a new team, off the street, with 3-4 days of ramping up and *ALSO* to be as effective as they were speaks on a few things - 1. The DT depth just isn't there. Cox can't play 70 snaps and we just never had a Jordan Davis replacement. We do now. 2. These guys obviously are in GREAT shape, to again, come off the street a play like this. PFF had Linval as the highest graded defender. 3. If these guys can play like this *and* the team can keep healthy, when Davis and Goedert come back, this team is going to be even scarier than they already were.

DC's are figuring us out and teams are doing what I said on how to beat us. Plus Goedart is a bigger loss to this offense then a lot of people thought.

Hurts play now is part of the inconsistency I've talked about through his career. When you're a one read QB you go through this. Big Hot Streaks and then shaky to terrible at times. Guys like Hurts have means to regression. Teams are figuring out how to play him again. it's up to the coaches and Hurts to now adjust again. The NFL is a game of always adjusting.

DC's are figuring us out and teams are doing what I said on how to beat us. Plus Goedart is a bigger loss to this offense then a lot of people thought.

Hurts play now is part of the inconsistency I've talked about through his career. When you're a one read QB you go through this. Big Hot Streaks and then shaky to terrible at times. Guys like Hurts have means to regression. Teams are figuring out how to play him again. it's up to the coaches and Hurts to now adjust again. The NFL is a game of always adjusting.

Not sure if you noticed but they did adjust and scored 2 tds down the stretch to win the game.

Not sure if you noticed but they did adjust and scored 2 tds down the stretch to win the game.

They were lucky on that last drive when they scored. defender tackled Sanders on an under throw. I also watching the TD again I think we had 2 lineman jumped and play should been blown dead for false Start. I think the LG and Lane plus one other looked like they went early.

After watching tonights game I really hope we don't face SF come playoff time. I think that's one team that could really smack us around and people aren't taken them serious enough. They get healthy on Defense look out. And their offense is pretty explosive. 2 really good backs, great OLINE and some terrific playmaking receivers plus Kittle.

After watching tonights game I really hope we don't face SF come playoff time. I think that's one team that could really smack us around and people aren't taken them serious enough. They get healthy on Defense look out. And their offense is pretty explosive. 2 really good backs, great OLINE and some terrific playmaking receivers plus Kittle.
Who isn't taking them serious enough? They literally have the 2nd best odds to win the NFC.

The Goedert injury hurts, no doubt. But I think the last 2 games have been more about turnovers and penalties than DCs figuring out our offense.

ETA: The Eagles have turned the ball over 6 times the last 2 games - they only had 3 the 8 previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread