What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (2 Viewers)

Eagles CEO Jeff Lurie told Sal Paolantonio Jalen Hurts has “nothing to prove” to be viewed as the long-term answer at QB.
Asked if contract extension negotiations are in the future, Lurie said: “He’s just what we’re looking for.”

I would think any Owner would say this. You'd be stupid to say anything less. You don't want to throw your QB under the bus in the most important game of his career even so. You aren't getting anything then business response on that from Lurie.
He's gonna get a big extension this offseason. Come to terms with it before you have an aneurysm when they announce it.
Deservedly getting a big extension!
Already ready for arguments like this:

"Gonna be way different without your QB on his rookie deal"

"Oh yeah, well hopefully that doesn't cause him to lead the league in INTs once he got paid like your guy"

"Why can't you stop talking about us! NO ONE CAN! Ratings!"

Ok I'm done.

Getting a lot of ratcheted up hate the closer we get. Wearing my Levi's Eagles jacket and one of the many hats each day so far so I'm sticking out in SoCal big time. Got Cowboys fans/family members texting me hate/memes.

Got people on the street "Eagles huh? Ya'll beat my Niners" and thats the conversation. LOL.

People have been hating/doubting us all year and now we are in the Big Game and people STILL trying to excuse our success.
Fans
Current Players
Former Players
Former Coaches
Media members
Brandon Aiyuk

LOL I'm kind of energized by it at this point, its fun being the hated a little bit.

Eagles CEO Jeff Lurie told Sal Paolantonio Jalen Hurts has “nothing to prove” to be viewed as the long-term answer at QB.
Asked if contract extension negotiations are in the future, Lurie said: “He’s just what we’re looking for.”

I would think any Owner would say this. You'd be stupid to say anything less. You don't want to throw your QB under the bus in the most important game of his career even so. You aren't getting anything then business response on that from Lurie.
He's gonna get a big extension this offseason. Come to terms with it before you have an aneurysm when they announce it.
The only question is how big. He's not taking a discount. Watson got 5 years, 230 mil. 46 mil a year is probably going to be the floor. I'll go out on a limb and say 5 years, 250 million.

The only question is how big. He's not taking a discount. Watson got 5 years, 230 mil. 46 mil a year is probably going to be the floor. I'll go out on a limb and say 5 years, 250 million.
i was gonna say the watson deal is probably an anomaly by a bad FO, but just looked up Kyler's deal and it's basically the same. unreal. yea i agree, hurts has earned this as a floor regardless of the outcome this weekend.

i was gonna say the watson deal is probably an anomaly by a bad FO, but just looked up Kyler's deal and it's basically the same. unreal. yea i agree, hurts has earned this as a floor regardless of the outcome this weekend.
He won't get it fully guaranteed like Watson, but the per $$ is just going to go up. I mean Daniel Jones is going to get 30+. Herbert and Burrow might go over 50.

Just sign him before Burrow Herbert and Lamar get their deals. The sooner the better

Kyler's deal is not the same as Deshaun's. Both are for $230 million over 5 years, but Watsons is fully guaranteed, while Kyler's is only guaranteed for approximately $108 million. After 2024, the Cardinals can get away from that contract if they need to, but the Browns are basically stuck paying Deshaun for 5 years. No other QB has had guaranteed money past 3 years. Part of the reason the Ravens haven't been able to reach agreement with Lamar, he probably wants more guaranteed money than the Ravens are willing to give. I really don't think giving guaranteed money will be an issue for the Eagles.

Whatever they do with hurts, I’m sure howie and friends will figure out a way to make it as flexible as possible. On the athletic nfl show, mays and rice basically said that the way that the eagles front office does things is a 1 of 1.

Kyler's deal is not the same as Deshaun's. Both are for $230 million over 5 years, but Watsons is fully guaranteed, while Kyler's is only guaranteed for approximately $108 million. After 2024, the Cardinals can get away from that contract if they need to, but the Browns are basically stuck paying Deshaun for 5 years. No other QB has had guaranteed money past 3 years. Part of the reason the Ravens haven't been able to reach agreement with Lamar, he probably wants more guaranteed money than the Ravens are willing to give. I really don't think giving guaranteed money will be an issue for the Eagles.
Unless Hurts is playing the greatest character fraud game I’ve ever witnessed I’d back up the Brinks truck ASAP

The only concern we had going into the year was if Jalen could elevate his game passing the ball. He's more than done that. Every other measure (character, leadership, work ethic) he already shown that he's got it. I said all off season Im hoping he can get better on the field because he has all the intangibles to be a good football player. If he keeps this level of play, we might have an all time great when he's done.

First things first, finish the best Eagles season the franchise has ever seen this Sunday.

Murray and Watson ****ed up the market. No way either one should've gotten what they did. I'd have originally done the Murray deal with Bonuses and incentives with a lot of it guaranteed up front.

Eagles fans...any type of WRs tend to be more productive than others against the Eagles defense? For daily fantasy purposes should I be focusing on deep ball guys or underneath possession types? On the offensive side, who's the WR3? I keep seeing Quez but then he goes invisible during the game.

Eagles fans...any type of WRs tend to be more productive than others against the Eagles defense? For daily fantasy purposes should I be focusing on deep ball guys or underneath possession types? On the offensive side, who's the WR3? I keep seeing Quez but then he goes invisible during the game.
depends on the scoring system. if PPR or even half PPR, the underneath possession WR may make more sense. if just general scoring i would go the deep ball. They have burned a few times with the deep tosses.

as for WR3, it is Goedert. Quez had some good numbers but that was when Goedert was out. as he came back, Quez has been relatively quiet. if it has to be a WR, i think ZachPascal may have as good of a chance to get any fantasy points as Quez does. i could obviously be wrong, but that is best guess. always possible you can get a deep ball to Quez for a TD....

The audience was calling for Hurts to win MVP but it went to Mahomes. Curious to see where Hurts ends up in the Players only Top 100.

"Oh yeah, well hopefully that doesn't cause him to lead the league in INTs once he got paid like your guy"

Ok I'm done.

And yet here you are, talking about them.

Eagle pass rush on historic pace with some interesting tweets explaining the fronts.
-----------------------------------------------
'No crush, no rush' slogan has Philadelphia Eagles defense on historic sack pace
----------------------
Tej Seth
@tejfbanalytics
eagles have run a 5-1 front pretty frequently this season as it gives each of the five down defensive linemen a greater than 1% chance of getting a sack with one OLB (in this case player #5) having the highest chance
>>> LINK to chart
-------------------------
Tej Seth@tejfbanalytics
some good information about the penny front from @syedschemes
--------------------------
Shawn@syedschemes
Jul 17, 2022
Penny -335 personnel (edges, 4i-0-4i) -5-1 bear with 4i’s closing the B gaps (often lag tech with the nose) -safety may roam down
LINK to entire thread on defensive fronts

Bruh these 49ers...

Deebo Samuel tells @AdamSchein that the Niners would have beaten the Eagles by double digits if Brock Purdy didn't get hurt.

Brandon Aiyuk on the Eagles: “I don’t know fully about that defense. They talk about them being a good defense — I’m not sure. I think this Kansas City pass game will expose what we thought we were going to expose before some unfortunate circumstances. They got extremely lucky.”

CMC when asked if the Chiefs would expose the Eagles' defense: “I hope both teams lose.”

Every time the 49ers open their mouths it makes the victory sweeter and sweeter!

Ok I'm done.

And yet here you are, talking about them.
Bro I get about 4-10 texts from haters every single day telling me how the Eagles are going to lose.
Telling me why the Eagles are lucky.
Telling me "the schedule"
Telling me "time to face a real QB"
etc

Same stuff I heard in 2017, "Wait til you face a REAL defense in Minnesota.

Its the reality of sports, trash talking/bragging etc. Sorry if that offends you.

Justin Jefferson wins Ap offensive player of the year and this wasn't even close. Hurts came in 3rd with 3 votes. JJ 35 with Mahomes 1O
Still, it shows just how much Jalen's improved. Going into this season all we wanted to see was growth in his passing game. Now here we are 2 days from the SB and he's being compared with the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Jefferson. Similar things can be said about Siriani, the doubts we had about his ability to coach in the playoffs.

And when its all said and done, it just might be Nick and Jalen on the stage with the Lombardi trophy.

Bro I get about 4-10 texts from haters every single day telling me how the Eagles are going to lose.

This isn't a text, nor am I a hater. You guys played the easiest schedule in history for a Super Bowl participant. You are going to lose. Mahomes is such an advantage that I don't think people properly understand it.
Ok. Funny you left out the first 2 things I said haters say and you literally repeat it. But sure.

Bruh these 49ers...

Deebo Samuel tells @AdamSchein that the Niners would have beaten the Eagles by double digits if Brock Purdy didn't get hurt.

Brandon Aiyuk on the Eagles: “I don’t know fully about that defense. They talk about them being a good defense — I’m not sure. I think this Kansas City pass game will expose what we thought we were going to expose before some unfortunate circumstances. They got extremely lucky.”

CMC when asked if the Chiefs would expose the Eagles' defense: “I hope both teams lose.”

Every time the 49ers open their mouths it makes the victory sweeter and sweeter!
Robbie Gould, too:

“If you make Jalen Hurts play quarterback, you're probably gonna have a pretty solid day on defense.”

This isn't a text, nor am I a hater. You guys played the easiest schedule in history for a Super Bowl participant. You are going to lose. Mahomes is such an advantage that I don't think people properly understand it.
Really? Just looking at the "SoS" rating on Pro Football Reference, they have the Eagles schedule this year as "-1.3", and the Chiefs as "-1.2", pretty darn close. Last Year the Bengals SoS was "-1.9" though? So seems we only made it one year in the past before "easiest schedule in history" starts to fall apart...

Previous few years they were harder...but then in 2018 the Pats had a "-1.8" Strength of Schedule. 2106 Pats had "-2.7"!!! I'm not going to keep looking, this "in history" bit is pretty silly.

Like Viking fans in 2017-18, Niners fans (and players) really exposing how soft they are.

No need to reply to the haters. We still are playing football.

Ok. Funny you left out the first 2 things I said haters say and you literally repeat it. But sure.
Anyone that knows me knows I’m an eagles hater. Noone is a bigger eagles hater than me.
None of the haters you’ve posted about have been wrong about anything. Except for the game prediction because no one knows that obviously.
Why does it bother you so much? Or at all?

“Eagles were lucky to get an easy schedule”

Let’s roll with them having the 29th most difficult schedule, ok? Did SF get knocked for winning 10-straight to end the regular season with the 32nd most difficult schedule? Have I missed all the talk about KC, at 27th, being lucky to get the 1-seed? HOU’s easy schedule surely carried them to the playoffs, right?

“Eagles were lucky to play NYG in the Divisional Round”

As opposed to having to play the team that LOST to the “not really good” NYG?

“Eagles were lucky to play SF”

The team with the league’s best Defense, the DPOY, and on a 12 game winning streak?

“Eagles got lucky the SF QBs got hurt”

Did they trip on their shoelaces coming out of the tunnel? They took clean hits in the course of a Dline dominating the line of scrimmage.

GTHOH with this “lucky” nonsense :crazy:

Reminds me of last season when we made the playoffs as the 7th playoff team and we got the BS about how we didn’t belong there or earn it.

Philly has all these goofballs saltier than the Red Sea after a capsized Morton’s cargo ship. :lol:

Seriously, it’s pretty much the same as their last Super Bowl run.

“Noone respects us!!”
“Everyone hates us!!!!!”
“We are wearing dog masks!!!!!!!!!!!!11”

HAAAAAAAATERS!!!!!!!

🙄

Eagle pass rush on historic pace with some interesting tweets explaining the fronts.
-----------------------------------------------
'No crush, no rush' slogan has Philadelphia Eagles defense on historic sack pace
----------------------
Tej Seth
@tejfbanalytics
eagles have run a 5-1 front pretty frequently this season as it gives each of the five down defensive linemen a greater than 1% chance of getting a sack with one OLB (in this case player #5) having the highest chance
>>> LINK to chart
-------------------------
Tej Seth@tejfbanalytics
some good information about the penny front from @syedschemes
--------------------------
Shawn@syedschemes
Jul 17, 2022
Penny -335 personnel (edges, 4i-0-4i) -5-1 bear with 4i’s closing the B gaps (often lag tech with the nose) -safety may roam down
LINK to entire thread on defensive fronts

Welcome to the Vic Fangio Defense

Bruh these 49ers...

Robbie Gould, too:

“If you make Jalen Hurts play quarterback, you're probably gonna have a pretty solid day on defense.”

He might be right at least in this game. KC needs to make him a Pocket passer early and see how his arm is with the injury still. Similar to how the Eagles need to test Mahomes mobility early. But at the same time Robbie Gould went to PSU so lets just say if I were him I'd be wanting my money back for the education

If I'm Spags Im telling my guys to target that shoulder early and often if you can knock him out of the game so be it. Gannon same with Mahomes target the injury. This has been football for yrs. Look what Gregg Williams in NO did was wrong with the payouts but no-one should be surprised with the talk of knocking guys out of the game. You want to him them enough where they don't want to be out there anymore or feel like they can tolerate the pain especially from an injury any longer. This has been football for yrs. Anyone who was upset over that part was just virtue Signaling at the time.

Last edited:
Like Viking fans in 2017-18, Niners fans (and players) really exposing how soft they are.

No need to reply to the haters. We still are playing football.

San Fran Fans in general are soft remember when the Giants fans were complaining about Buster Posey breaking his leg in a Home Plate collision? back when MLB had their league and tea forums the Giants fans wouldn't shut up about it. They wanted the player who ran into him suspended and everything. They eventually changed the rules but Posey was blocking the plate without the ball. I was always taught if someone was blocking the base runner path to just run into them. Umpire will always call interference and award the runner if the fielder doesn't have the ball.

My cousin also lived in SF for awhile for work before moving back to SEA and then recently moving back home to PA. He always told me how soft the SF sports fans were.

Deservedly getting a big extension!

Ok I'm done.

Getting a lot of ratcheted up hate the closer we get. Wearing my Levi's Eagles jacket and one of the many hats each day so far so I'm sticking out in SoCal big time. Got Cowboys fans/family members texting me hate/memes.

Got people on the street "Eagles huh? Ya'll beat my Niners" and thats the conversation. LOL.

People have been hating/doubting us all year and now we are in the Big Game and people STILL trying to excuse our success.
Fans
Current Players
Former Players
Former Coaches
Media members
Brandon Aiyuk

LOL I'm kind of energized by it at this point, its fun being the hated a little bit.

I wish I was able to go to Boston for my event this past weekend. I'd have worn all my Eagles SB champs gear Saturday and paraded around just to see the salty look on the Pats fans again.

“Eagles were lucky to get an easy schedule”

Let’s roll with them having the 29th most difficult schedule, ok? Did SF get knocked for winning 10-straight to end the regular season with the 32nd most difficult schedule? Have I missed all the talk about KC, at 27th, being lucky to get the 1-seed? HOU’s easy schedule surely carried them to the playoffs, right?
I was watching the NFL network early in the week and the "Eagles had an easy schedule" narrative was in full force. Not once did I hear anyone question the Niners schedule (easiest in the league) nor the Chiefs easy schedule. All season long its been "Eagles haven't played anyone", not once did I hear anyone question the Cowboys easy schedule, or the Seahawks or the Chiefs. Only the Eagles.

Keep hating.

Users who are viewing this thread