What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

I hope all the talk this week is how much work this team needs and not how awesome they are.

It’s officially Dallass week.

They got issues to work on for sure. This is why the first 5 weeks I've been saying we got problems. We just haven't had them exposed where it's hurt us yet

I hope all the talk this week is how much work this team needs and not how awesome they are.

It’s officially Dallass week.

They got issues to work on for sure. This is why the first 5 weeks I've been saying we got problems. We just haven't had them exposed where it's hurt us yet
I think MOST of us on here are aware this team is far from perfect, and many even think we are simply good, but over-rated as the "power ranking #1". BUT we ARE MUCH better then expected a few months ago. More, this team is FUN to watch, and clearly improved and improving. Can you ditch SOME of this negativity? Please?

I think the scariest team for the Eagles to face in a playoff matchup would actually be the Niners. They have a great defense, playmakers and a QB who is pretty playoff experienced. Of course a lot can happen from now until end of season but if the playoffs started today, they look like the most dangerous team.

I think the scariest team for the Eagles to face in a playoff matchup would actually be the Niners. They have a great defense, playmakers and a QB who is pretty playoff experienced. Of course a lot can happen from now until end of season but if the playoffs started today, they look like the most dangerous team.
And after I post this I go to the Niners thread and see that they had some major injuries on defense today. That’s always the wildcard that can derail any team’s season.

I thought the playcalling was stale. Too many TE & WR screens, especially early. They really didn't take any shots down field.

They were never pushed. I wonder what it would look like if we are down and not playing in a hurricane
Yeah.....tend to agree. Lot of long drives by both sides in that second half. When they NEEDED to drive, Philly kept the ball for 6+ minutes, forced 'Zona to use their timeouts, and took the lead very late. Hard to complain about that.

WOuld love to see some more explosive plays in the second half of these games, but game scripts really haven't called for them

Let's keep in mind that this was a PERFECT spot for a let down game too. Over rated as the "top" team, coming off an emotional win and a couple blowouts, a HUGE game to look forward to next week, and playing on the road. This was a trap game, and while Eagles weren't great today, they still won against what is a decent (NOT good) and very dangerous team. Accept the WIN and let's look forward to next weeks fireworks!

Let's keep in mind that this was a PERFECT spot for a let down game too. Over rated as the "top" team, coming off an emotional win and a couple blowouts, a HUGE game to look forward to next week, and playing on the road. This was a trap game, and while Eagles weren't great today, they still won against what is a decent (NOT good) and very dangerous team. Accept the WIN and let's look forward to next weeks fireworks!
Ya I was pretty worried about this game and thought it was one of those ones that we were supposed to win, but might lose. Very happy with this win even if its 3 points.

I thought the playcalling was stale. Too many TE & WR screens, especially early. They really didn't take any shots down field.
Yea, I think that was what they had decided the gameplan against AZ was. If their scouting report was that AZ blitzes a lot and pats down a lot of balls by the DL, it's not a bad thought. Didn't work as much as hoped, but still came away with the win..

NFL has to get this concussion protocol nailed down soon. This week it was apparent in so many games that defenses are leveraging the protocol to gain an advantage by temporarily knocking players out of the game.

I haven't seen the line on the Eagles - Cowgirls matchup but I believe we absolutely destroy Dallas and this is the Eagles coming out party.

Hurts is my guy, I'm all in on Hurts. I loved it when during the 2-minute drive by the Cardinals you could tell Hurts was pissed and was mentally processing film. When he said that he felt he let the team down that was huge for me. Hurts has a tremendous character that we've never had in the QB position.

The Eagles and the 12th man will whoop the Cowboys Sunday night. Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:

You guys are clearly the favorites and class of the division. I just hope my Cowboys dont get their doors blown off by the leagues MVP.

Cowboys 9
Eagles 42

Said all season that this game would tell me where the Eagles are really at.
Don't get me wrong - they're definitely improved. I like what I see...just not sold that they're at the KC, Buffalo class yet. And defenses like Dallas and SF are going to be a huge test, maybe still too much. We'll see.

I haven't seen the line on the Eagles - Cowgirls matchup but I believe we absolutely destroy Dallas and this is the Eagles coming out party.

Hurts is my guy, I'm all in on Hurts. I loved it when during the 2-minute drive by the Cardinals you could tell Hurts was pissed and was mentally processing film. When he said that he felt he let the team down that was huge for me. Hurts has a tremendous character that we've never had in the QB position.

The Eagles and the 12th man will whoop the Cowboys Sunday night. Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:
Opening line is -4.5

Opening line is -4.5
Hard to get a read on. Eagles obviously have a better point differential so far then Dallas - but Dallas has had a harder schedule. I'd probably bet Dallas on that line tbh. but I'm still skeptical until proven otherwise here. Last year when these teams played the Eagles were totally outclassed. They've improved - but enough? I need to see it first.

You guys are clearly the favorites and class of the division. I just hope my Cowboys dont get their doors blown off by the leagues MVP.

Cowboys 9
Eagles 42
that would certainly be something. I do think the game will be a nice chance for AJ Brown to shine on the national stage against Diggs, but if our OL is still banged up i also think Hurts will be on a hot plate with Micah chasing him around. Should be a fun one.

Opening line is -4.5
Hard to get a read on. Eagles obviously have a better point differential so far then Dallas - but Dallas has had a harder schedule. I'd probably bet Dallas on that line tbh. but I'm still skeptical until proven otherwise here. Last year when these teams played the Eagles were totally outclassed. They've improved - but enough? I need to see it first.
Same. But of course I've bet the Eagles line wrong every single game this year. Including switching to Philly last second this week. So I'm betting Dallas just to keep the streak going.

we absolutely destroy Dallas and this is the Eagles coming out party.
I mean we're 5-0, haven't we had the coming out party yet? haha.

Dallas defense is scary good.... they haven't allowed 2 TDs in a game this entire season! That's crazy.

Eagles 23
Cowboys 20
DIcker with the OT game winner.

Cowboys 9
Eagles 42
Reverse jinx hey? You guys haven't allowed more than a td all season in a game, and you think we get 5 or 6??

@Deamon It's the tackling technique. More and more players are being swung to the ground to create a whiplash effect to daze the player because it's being monitored closely. You can't finish a game if you are in concussion protocol even if you have a concussion or not.

@Deamon It's the tackling technique. More and more players are being swung to the ground to create a whiplash effect to daze the player because it's being monitored closely. You can't finish a game if you are in concussion protocol even if you have a concussion or not.
You really think players are being coached to purposely make a player get whiplash/hit his head/get dazed so that he's unable to finish the game?????

You really think players are being coached to purposely make a player get whiplash/hit his head/get dazed so that he's unable to finish the game?????
I do now. Since the Tua changes, we've been seeing more guys go out for at least a series or two to get checked. Might be enough to change the game.

I do now. Since the Tua changes, we've been seeing more guys go out for at least a series or two to get checked. Might be enough to change the game.

NFL's issue on safety rules and protocols have killed it. Players can't properly tackling without worrying about a fine or flag. With CBA now can't have as many physical practices or practice tackling. It's been an issue for yrs and NFL is just doing bare minimum for CYA.

But like they're told to try to hurt the other guy? I dunno, I can't get behind that. It would be too big of a risk of getting a 15 yard penalty, or getting fined. Or if those conversations EVER leaked in ANY way, that coach's career would be cancelled so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread