What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (5 Viewers)

Wow that really screws us when combined with how the team really got no bye week and they fake bye week was super early. 
Assuming they can get a full 16 game schedule in I don't get the point of changing of changing the playoff structure except a shameless attempt to have an extra game and get more TV revenue. 

Nevermind, I get it now...   

That would be something if the Steelers actually ended up with the 1 seed and didn't end up with a bye.  They were already screwed with the bye. 

I know the Steelers don't play the Chiefs during the regular season, but I still believe the Steelers WILL NOT go undefeated.  And here's why: 3 of their last 4 games are against teams that are in the current AFC Playoff Picture:

Week 14: @ Bills

Week 16: vs. Colts

Week 17: @ Browns

All three of these teams could give the Steelers a loss, so for those that are thinking the Steelers will go undefeated, remember these three games at the end of the season.

I agree, the Steelers likely do not go undefeated.   While it would be cool to have a perfect season, it doesn't mean much if you don't win the Super Bowl.  

The Steelers need to keep improving their game and avoid any serious injuries.  If they can do that they have a decent shot to make a run in the playoffs.  

I know the Steelers don't play the Chiefs during the regular season, but I still believe the Steelers WILL NOT go undefeated.  And here's why: 3 of their last 4 games are against teams that are in the current AFC Playoff Picture:

Week 14: @ Bills

Week 16: vs. Colts

Week 17: @ Browns

All three of these teams could give the Steelers a loss, so for those that are thinking the Steelers will go undefeated, remember these three games at the end of the season.
And what about the game this Thursday against Baltimore?  That's not exactly a cake walk.

I agree, the Steelers likely do not go undefeated.   While it would be cool to have a perfect season, it doesn't mean much if you don't win the Super Bowl.  

The Steelers need to keep improving their game and avoid any serious injuries.  If they can do that they have a decent shot to make a run in the playoffs.  
And they really need to consider giving guys time off after Thanksgiving given the schedule.

Ravens shutting down facilities due to several positive Covid cases.  I don't see how they can play on Thursday night, I'm guessing it gets moved to Sunday or maybe  Monday night

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens shutting down facilities due to several positive Covid cases.  I don't see how they can play on Thursday night, I'm guessing it gets moved to Sunday or maybe  Monday night
It would have to be widespread for the league to postpone this game. The Raiders played with nearly 1/2 their DEF on the list. No reason to postpone this game. 

It would have to be widespread for the league to postpone this game. The Raiders played with nearly 1/2 their DEF on the list. No reason to postpone this game. 
but they came off in time to actually play.....don't think timeline will work for a Thursday game....

but they came off in time to actually play.....don't think timeline will work for a Thursday game....
Yes this is my take on it too.  By keeping the game on Thursday night is that enough time to clear the players that were in close contact?   If not then you either make the Ravens play without them or you put other players from both teams at risk.

Why not just move the game to Monday, which would still be too early for Ingram and Dobbins, but allow proper testing for other players on the team to be cleared?

Yes this is my take on it too.  By keeping the game on Thursday night is that enough time to clear the players that were in close contact?   If not then you either make the Ravens play without them or you put other players from both teams at risk.

Why not just move the game to Monday, which would still be too early for Ingram and Dobbins, but allow proper testing for other players on the team to be cleared?
If all players outside the three already on the Covid list test negative on the results released today, then I don't see any reason to move the game. If there are more positives, then yes, I don't see how they can play on Thursday. Selfishly wouldn't hate it, more time to make sure Haden and JuJu are 100%.

NFL is going to do everything in their power to keep the game on Thursday, this much is known. It will be really interesting to see how they handle if there are more positive tests today.

I believe only one other player was exposed. Can't see them rescheduling a Thanksgiving day game for one player.

I believe only one other player was exposed. Can't see them rescheduling a Thanksgiving day game for one player.
If it was only one player exposed to Dobbins and Ingram then I agree.  It is hard for me to believe that but I'm good with the game proceeding.  Are the Ravens opening up team facilities today?

If it was only one player exposed to Dobbins and Ingram then I agree.  It is hard for me to believe that but I'm good with the game proceeding.  Are the Ravens opening up team facilities today?
They reopened yesterday afternoon.

This might be an Assistant Coach post but I wanted to get an assessment of Diontea Johnson going forward for Keeper/Dynasty from Steelers fans. It's trade week in my Keeper and I need to make a decision on DJ. Is he a #1 or a product of the system, Ben, and rolled coverage from the attention JuJu and Claypool get?

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread/forum. If so, I'll delete it.

This might be an Assistant Coach post but I wanted to get an assessment of Diontea Johnson going forward for Keeper/Dynasty from Steelers fans. It's trade week in my Keeper and I need to make a decision on DJ. Is he a #1 or a product of the system, Ben, and rolled coverage from the attention JuJu and Claypool get?

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread/forum. If so, I'll delete it.
He was able to post decent numbers in his rookie year with Rudolph and Duck throwing to him.   I think he is the real deal. 

Both are monsters. I think DJ will be more consistent as Ben's go to. He get's an incredible amount of targets. 

Week         Player                           REC    YARDS    TD's    Targets
7    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           1          -2                           1
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         9         80           2           15
8    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           5         42           1              9
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         1          6                            3
9    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           8         69                         13
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         6         77                        10
10  Claypool, Chase PIT WR           4         56            2          10
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         6        116          1           11
11  Claypool, Chase PIT WR           4         59            1            8
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR        12       111                       16

song said:
i agree, he looks like the real deal.  problem for value is that Claypool does too.  and who knows post Ben.
I don’t think Claypool hurts Diontea. There are enough targets for two WRs and I do think that JuJu might be leaving after this season.

geneyus said:
Both are monsters. I think DJ will be more consistent as Ben's go to. He get's an incredible amount of targets. 

Week         Player                           REC    YARDS    TD's    Targets
7    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           1          -2                           1
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         9         80           2           15
8    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           5         42           1              9
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         1          6                            3
9    Claypool, Chase PIT WR           8         69                         13
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         6         77                        10
10  Claypool, Chase PIT WR           4         56            2          10
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR         6        116          1           11
11  Claypool, Chase PIT WR           4         59            1            8
      Johnson, Diontae PIT WR        12       111                       16

agree strongly with everything you said for this year.  was considering original question of DJ value for a keeper league and if he was a #1.  there should be targets for both, but if Claypool develops in year 2, could see DJ being #1b.

I don’t think Claypool hurts Diontea. There are enough targets for two WRs and I do think that JuJu might be leaving after this season.
yeah i think JuJu is gone.  there will be plenty of targets. was considering question of whether DJ was a #1 for a keeper league especially post Ben, and think he could be #1b.   nice.

So I guess we are getting a mild makep for the Titans and bye week mess by basically forcing the Ravens to play on Thursday even though they are losing guys left and right from COVID.  If this game was Saturday I bet this game would have been postponed.  But a prime time game when the 1st two games are terrible

So I guess we are getting a mild makep for the Titans and bye week mess by basically forcing the Ravens to play on Thursday even though they are losing guys left and right from COVID.  If this game was Saturday I bet this game would have been postponed.  But a prime time game when the 1st two games are terrible
How do you know it won't get postponed?

Was watching the Bucs / Tams game last night and every time I saw AB I thought to myself: I’m glad this guy isn’t a Steeler anymore.
I saw him do the Velcro thing w/ his gloves a few times.

Looks 5 lbs heavier and half a tick slower?  Still a pretty good NFL caliber WR.  But he'd be WR 3 at best on the Steelers?

Was watching the Bucs / Tams game last night and every time I saw AB I thought to myself: I’m glad this guy isn’t a Steeler anymore.
Lol wow. Way to talk crap about the best WR thats played since Moss and TO......and for your team too. Yikes!

Well he did go pretty much insane and Jerry Springer the entire NFL......so there's that.
Sure but he was literally the best WR in the league for 5 years. That's unheard-of........but hey talk crap about him now. By all means he deserves it. 

Lol wow. Way to talk crap about the best WR thats played since Moss and TO......and for your team too. Yikes!
He was/is a great receiver but was an absolute disaster in the locker room.  He may be the greatest receiver since Moss but was all about himself and quit on the team.

IMO he won’t ever win a championship.

If AB was still a Steeler, very good chance they wouldn't have Diontae or Claypool. Perfectly reasonable to say at this current moment that Steelers fans should be happy he isn't there.

Just now finding out that a Baltimore staffer broke protocol. Where is the punishment for Tennessee and Baltimore?! The only team that’s been punished or impacted by Covid this season is the Steelers and it’s ####### bull####.

Just now finding out that a Baltimore staffer broke protocol. Where is the punishment for Tennessee and Baltimore?! The only team that’s been punished or impacted by Covid this season is the Steelers and it’s ####### bull####.
Didn't the Raiders lose a draft pick as punishment for breaking protocol? Also, I believe LV is the only team (well, and whoever they were supposed to play) that had their game moved UP because they had issues. Go into their team thread here if you want to see a fan base talking about their team getting screwed.

Baltimore supposedly has "disciplined" the staffer who screwed up, but I have no idea what that means. The Ravens deserve whatever punishment is appropriate.

The myopia on this board is astounding. Every single team's fan base thinks they get screwed by the NFL.

More positive tests for Baltimore. Not sure if it is staff or player(s).

I’m very curious to see what the NFL intends to do if the Ravens are unable to field a team this week.

In my opinion the only two options that are appropriate is to cancel the game entirely or have the Ravens forfeit the game as punishment for not following protocol.

Playing  a week 18 game would be punishing the Steelers. 

More positive tests for Baltimore. Not sure if it is staff or player(s).

I’m very curious to see what the NFL intends to do if the Ravens are unable to field a team this week.

In my opinion the only two options that are appropriate is to cancel the game entirely or have the Ravens forfeit the game as punishment for not following protocol.

Playing  a week 18 game would be punishing the Steelers. 
I don't see the NFL forcing the Ravens to forfeit if there is a way to get the game played, but I agree that the NFL should come down on them very hard for this.  

I don't see the NFL forcing the Ravens to forfeit if there is a way to get the game played, but I agree that the NFL should come down on them very hard for this.  
Yeah probably not and I am not pulling fir that, I think they should just cancel the game if it can’t be played this week.

Playing it after the regular season while all other teams rest certainly isn’t an equitable solution, especially for the Steelers who have a shot at a first round bye.

Yeah probably not and I am not pulling fir that, I think they should just cancel the game if it can’t be played this week.

Playing it after the regular season while all other teams rest certainly isn’t an equitable solution, especially for the Steelers who have a shot at a first round bye.
Agreed. 

But hey, if the Ravens have to pull players from their practice squad to fill out the roster and play the game, make them do it.  

Users who are viewing this thread