What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (4 Viewers)

Steelers fans, what do you make on their OL this season? Improved at all? Simply more depth? I see that they didn't draft any OLmen but did pick up C Mason Cole, G James Danielsa and OL James Daniels in FA.

Thoughts?

Steelers fans, what do you make on their OL this season? Improved at all? Simply more depth? I see that they didn't draft any OLmen but did pick up C Mason Cole, G James Danielsa and OL James Daniels in FA.

Thoughts?

My take… Better than last year, but that’s not saying much. I still think the OL is  bottom half of the league (probably bottom third). Having a mobile quarterback and the threat of throwing deeper passes will take pressure off of the OL. 

Probably a kick the tires contract.  They can evaluate all summer and cut him before the season starts with zero risk
Yep.  Foot wasn't right yet, reportedly, when he got his physical with Chicago.  That was a few months ago though, wasn't it?   Haven't seen numbers yet, but on a one year deal?  Basically "riskless."  I like it.   Mason Rudolph probably doesn't though. 🤣

Yep.  Foot wasn't right yet, reportedly, when he got his physical with Chicago.  That was a few months ago though, wasn't it?   Haven't seen numbers yet, but on a one year deal?  Basically "riskless."  I like it.   Mason Rudolph probably doesn't though. 🤣

Yes even if he isn't quite ready for the start of the season they may elect to put him on the PUP if they feel he will be able to contribute 4-6 weeks down the road.   If not, cut him and you've lost nothing.

Rudolph has to be on the trade block, right?  Though if Mitch goes down, you have two rookies only.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Rudolph has to be on the trade block, right?  Though if Mitch goes down, you have two rookies only.
I think the Steelers would gladly trade Rudolph but the problem is finding a trade partner 

I think the Steelers would gladly trade Rudolph but the problem is finding a trade partner 
They'll likely have an opportunity at some point this summer if they reeeeally want to move him.  Somebody's bound to get hurt, etc.

The rub, as mentioned, is that they're rolling with two rookies and a reclamation project if they do that (notwithstanding them picking up someone else who is willing as a third, but Charlie Batch ain't in game shape last I checked and Josh Dobbs prolly is building a rocket or some ish).

That said, I'd expect Mason goes nowhere unless Pickett just DESTROYS early in camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooney better be getting an amount of money that would actually make an impact.   The deal with Heinz was not quite $3/yr.   Hopefully they get enough to make some improvements to that dump of a stadium.   Maybe only Jacksonville and Buffalo are clearly worse.    It sucks a company with such a weird name is willing to pay the right amount, to a team that is a world wide brand and plays in a tin can.

Thoughts?
I never heard of James Danielsa.   Cole is probably an upgrade at C cause Green was getting trucked.   Daniels is an upgrade for sure.   Dotson/Green is a camp battle to watch as well as the hopeful progression of both tackles, both need to be better.

Terrible name. No connection to the city at all, except this company bought one of Tull’s apparently recently. 

Not that it matters, but Acrisure has 800 followers on instagram. That’s pathetic. 

Terrible name. No connection to the city at all, except this company bought one of Tull’s apparently recently. 

Not that it matters, but Acrisure has 800 followers on instagram. That’s pathetic. 
My first thought also when I read the story this morning. What an awful name. I'm having fries with my burger tonight and will add some extra Heinz Ketchup to both in honor of the old name. I'm not even a Steelers fan and threw up in my mouth when I saw this. 

So a minority owner of a team, who is a board chairman for another company, can have that other company win the bid to pay his team a boatload of cash for naming rights?

Sounds kinda Snyder-ian. 

I dont really care much, but just about zero shot anyone not being paid to do so stops calling it Heinz any time soon.  Hope it was worth it, my Acrisure dudes.

McBokonon said:
Steeler fans are never going to call it that. I might not even commit it to memory. It’s Heinz Field. It’ll be cold dark day before I recognize Missouri!
Most fans couldn’t name a majority of stadiums anyway. Heinz and a few others are iconic, but most are forgettable unless they’re your local team or one of the big dogs. 

So a minority owner of a team, who is a board chairman for another company, can have that other company win the bid to pay his team a boatload of cash for naming rights?

Sounds kinda Snyder-ian. 

I dont really care much, but just about zero shot anyone not being paid to do so stops calling it Heinz any time soon.  Hope it was worth it, my Acrisure dudes.
Terrible investment.  And I agree -- seems very shady.  Un-Steeler like.

Most fans couldn’t name a majority of stadiums anyway. Heinz and a few others are iconic, but most are forgettable unless they’re your local team or one of the big dogs. 

Absolutely agree.  I couldn't tell you the current name of most stadiums and it really doesn't matter to most fans.  What made Heinz different is it's connection with the city of Pittsburgh and worldwide name recognition of the product.

We'll get over it but I am pretty sure that virtually everyone in Pittsburgh will still be calling it Heinz field.

So they went from $2.85M to $10M per year for naming rights, $150M total over 15 years.   About the time that ends, maybe before, there will be a cry from the Steelers that they need a new stadium.  Field is entering its 21st season, would be 36 then, and today, thats too old.   🙂

There is an outside chance that the ketchup bottles remain through some other sponsorship relationship with Heinz . . . .   Maybe they just are the Heinz Red Zone at Acrisure Stadium  

So, when the insurance company goes belly up in 2 years, can someone buy the defunct company for pennies  on the dollar just to rename the stadium?  WW Daniel Snyder Do?

Oh, I'm familiar with his work. 🤣

I love Jeff Reed, because he was(is) a bona fide fringe lunatic.   The drunk shirtless clubbing, the paper towel battery, the fact he seems to be getting fatter with every year; all of it is just 100% <chef finger kiss>.

Never change, Jeff.  Shine on, you shiny diamond. 
Jeff often sits in my section at Heinz,  err Acrisure Stadium.   He is a good guy and often poses for pictures

There has GOT to be a better back up or COP running back out there . . . . 
I don't think they're done looking but Edmunds time was up here and they needed another body for camp.  Barring injury or miracle I don't think McNichols makes it past the first cut.

They should be able to find someone better before week 1

Users who are viewing this thread