What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2022 QuizGuy66 Hopefully Less Futile Season Prediction Thread - feel free to add your own (1 Viewer)

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
As is tradition, if hack writers can make predictions that are terribly wrong and boring well than so can I! :bowtie:

This comes with a massive caveat now as since my Bengals have Joey B, well the end line of this annual thread will be a little more predictable for the next bunch of years ;)

2021 Linky - I'll have to postmostem this looks like I wasn't too bad

2020 Linky

And with that....

AFC East
1-Buf 14-3
MIA 9-8
NE 7-10
JETS 6-11
--
AFC North
2-Cinc 13-4
6-Bal 11-6
Pit 9-8
Cle 6-11
--
AFC South
4-Ten 11-6
Ind 9-8
Jax 6-11
Hou 2-15
----
AFC West
3-LV 12-5
5-KC 11-6
7-LAC 10-7
DEN 8-9

Wildcard: 2) Cinc over 7) LAC 40-14 6) Bal over 3) LV 27-24 5) KC over 4) Ten 28-17

Divisional: 1) Buf over 6) Bal 38-20 2) Cinc over 5) KC 31-21

Conference: 2) Cinc over 1) Buf 31-30

-----------------

NFC East
4-Dal 11-6
Phil 9-8
Wash 5-11-1
Giants 4-12-1
--
NFC North
2-GB 12-5
7-Det 9-8
Min 8-9
Chi 3-14
--
NFC South
3-TB 12-5
NO 9-8
Car 6-11
Atl 3-14
--
NFC West
1-LAR 13-4
5-Ari 11-6
6-SF 10-7
Sea 2-15

----

Wildcard: 2) GB over 7) GB 21-20 3) TB over 6) SF 17-10 4) Dal over 5) Ari 41-38

Divisional: 1) LAR over 4) Dal 28-10 3) TB over 2) GB 24-21

Conference: 3) TB over 1) LAR 28-27

-------------------
Super Bowl LVI:I 2) CINC over 3) TB 38-20 :excited: :pickle:

So there you go - feel free to put in any and all of your own predictions in here too even though I did this on the late side this year.
I'll try to post a longer bit about this soon. GO BENGALS!

-QG

Fixed to correct the commanders I needed to subtract out a win to cover for the tie with the Giants :)

Re-fixed as my math was right the first time :oldunsure:
-QG

AFC East

Buffalo 14-3
Miami 11-6
New England 9-8
New York jets 4-13

Central

Cincinatti 12-5
Baltimore 10-7
Pittsburgh 7-10
Cleveland 4-13

South

Indianapolis 11-6
Tennessee 10-7
Jacksonville 7-10
Houston 3-14

West

LA Chargers 12-5
Kansas City 11-6
LV Raiders 10-7
Denver 7-10

NFC

East
Philly 10-7
Dallas 9-8
Washington 6-11
NY Giants 5-12

North
Green Bay 11-6
Minnesota 11-6
Detroit 8-9
Chicago 4-13

South
Tampa Bay 12-5
New Orleans 10-7
Carolina 6-11
Atlanta 3-14

West
LA Rams 11-6
Arizona 10-7
San Fran 10-7
Seattle 3-14

I didn't add up the Ws and Ls so it may be off.

NFC
East
Eagles 12-5
Cowboys 10-7
Commies 7-10
Giants 3-14

North
Packers 13-4
Vikings 11-6
Lions 6-11
Bears 2-15

South
Saints 11-6
Bucs 11-6
Panthers 8-9
Falcons 2-15

West
Rams 13-4
Niners 9-8
Cardinals 8-9
Seahawks 5-12

1. Rams

2. Packers vs 7. Cowboys
3. Eagles vs 6. Vikings
4. Saints vs 5. Bucs

1. Rams vs 4. Saints
2. Packers vs 3. Eagles

3. Eagles vs 4. Saints

AFC
East
Bills 15-2
Pats 10-7
Dolphins 9-8
Jets 1-16

North
Ravens 11-6
Bengals 11-6
Steelers 8-9
Browns 5-12

South
Colts 12-5
Titans 9-8
Jaguars 7-10
Texans 3-14

West
Chiefs 13-4
Chargers 10-7
Broncos 9-8
Raiders 6-11

1. Bills

2. Chiefs vs 7. Pats
3. Colts vs 6. Chargers
4. Ravens vs 5. Bengals

1. Bills vs 6. Chargers
2. Chiefs vs 4. Ravens

1. Bills vs 2. Chiefs

Super Bowl
1. Bills vs 3. Eagles

Super Bowl Champion
Buffalo Bills

Pretty confident on getting every record exactly right.

AFC East
1-BUF 15-2
MIA 8-9
NEP 7-10
NYJ 6-11
--
AFC North
4-CIN 11-6
5-BAL 11-6
CLE 7-10
PIT 3-14
--
AFC South
2-IND 12-5
TEN 9-8
JAX 6-11
HOU 5-12
----
AFC West
3-LAC 11-6
6-LVR 10-7
7-KCC 10-7
DEN 9-8

Wildcard: 7) KCC over 2) IND 3) LAC over 6) LVR 5) BAL over 4) CIN
Divisional: 1) BUF over 7) KCC 3) LAC over 5) BAL
Conference: 1) BUF over 3) LAC

-----------------

NFC East
2-PHI 11-6
DAL 10-7
WAS 5-12
NYG 5-12
--
NFC North
3-GBP 11-6
5-MIN 11-6
DET 9-8
CHI 3-14
--
NFC South
1-TBB 12-5
CAR 8-9
NOS 8-9
ATL 3-14
--
NFC West
4-LAR 11-6
6-SF 11-6
7-ARI 10-7
SEA 2-15

Wildcard: 2) PHI over 7) ARI 3) GBP over 6) SF 5) MIN over 4) LAR
Divisional: 1) TBB over 5) MIN 3) GBP over 2) PHI
Conference: 3) GBP over 1) TBB

SB: 1) BUF over 3) GBP

Man some of you guys fell hard for MCDC during Hard Knocks, right?

I might try this later, want to make sure it comes out 272-272.

Tbh I was liking what Campbell was doing back to last year before Hard Knocks. Saw shades of what happened with my Bengals with Zac Taylor in that while the record was bad the players clearly were bought into what the coach was doing - that Taylor still had the locker room. That is very vital to a turnaround IMO. Lions always seemed to play hard when I saw them last year. I also too notice when - with like what 3 wins or whatever it was - in the last week of year instead of looking beaten down they were having fun and doing stuff like tackle eligible plays and stuff. Got my $3 in on Dan Campbell for Coach of the Year :cool:
-QG

Tbh I was liking what Campbell was doing back to last year before Hard Knocks. Saw shades of what happened with my Bengals with Zac Taylor in that while the record was bad the players clearly were bought into what the coach was doing - that Taylor still had the locker room. That is very vital to a turnaround IMO. Lions always seemed to play hard when I saw them last year. I also too notice when - with like what 3 wins or whatever it was - in the last week of year instead of looking beaten down they were having fun and doing stuff like tackle eligible plays and stuff. Got my $3 in on Dan Campbell for Coach of the Year :cool:
-QG

It's interesting, I distinctly remember listening to a podcast around 365 days ago questioning if Zac Taylor was actually a good coach. After all, you are what your record says you are, and 6-25-1 is ungood.

When Brad Holmes (hired as GM a week before) and MCDC hit the building, the environment transformed overnight. Those two guys - along with former Buckeye/Lion LB Chris Spielman - just overhauled the culture. We don't even like saying their names, but those buttholes from the Patriots (Quintricia) had created an incredibly toxic atmosphere. The FNGs looked around the league and said "Hey, ya know what....we didn't pick these guys. Let's do what the Dolphins did a few years, jettison the bad contracts, accumulate draft picks, sign low cost FAs, find our guys, and build this thing the right way." About three days into that Matthew said "umm...you guys mind finding me another team? because after 12 years, I'm not really looking to rebuild." That trade with the Rams was a work of art. Zero drama. Everybody got what they wanted. Matthew said goodbye on his terms - it's hard to overstate just how much Detroit loved Stafford - to go to a place he wanted to be, and we got a stopgap QB along with boatload of draft picks (two 1sts, a 3rd, and the 2021 reporting bonus.)

Kudos to Sheila Ford Hamp for doing what her parents and her brother never accomplished; she changed the culture. Big ups to Brad Holmes, who is batting around .800 as a GM so far. Dan Campbell put together exactly the kind of staff the 2nd youngest team was gonna need, with four ex-players who spent a decade in the NFL, three more guys who put in at least six seasons (close to 1,000 games played.) IDK if they're great coaches or if we have any kind of a schematic advantage, but they're good teachers with incredible passion for the game. Allen Park is a really fun place. That has never been true, and i've been a fan of the team since 1967.

I like Dan Campbell a lot. Everyone does. Not just fans, he is one of the most well liked people in the NFL. Everybody wants to see him succeed. Outside of (maybe) Bears, Packers and Vikings fans, I think anyone who watches football would love to see Detroit finally have a good team. It's a different approach. Positivity, motivational speeches, everyone is encouraged to be authentic - be yourself, that's who we want. Sounds like a great place to work.

All good things. But sooner or later, you are what your record says you are.

By the way @QuizGuy66, there's lot of mutual admiration between Taylor and Campbell. Zac got bumped up to OC when Dan took over interim HC at Miami in 2015. While Taylor was off building his resume in Cinci and L.A., Campbell spent five years as Sean Payton's Assistant HC. They're both from the Parcels tree, DC as a player. He knew wasn't ready when they handed him the temporary Dolphins gig, and he spent a lot of time studying Payton, thinking about what he was going to do differently if he ever got another chance.

The Bengals have tried to lure Lions OC Ben Johnson away a few times (he is one of two holdovers from the Patricia era, the other being OL Coach Hank Fraley.) During Super Bowl week, Taylor heaped a lot of praise on Johnson, calling him a genius and one of the best young coaches in the game. It's a high quality problem to have, but one of the things you have to deal with as you build a good team is watching other teams poach your staff. Pretty sure DC Aaron Glenn will be a HC soon, along with Johnson eventually, while Aubrey Pleasant (DBs) and Duce Staley still get interest in coordinators jobs if they don't get promoted internally. Worry about that when we get to it, though. In Detroit that's a freaking novelty, though - we've never had other teams interested in our staff or witnessed guys choosing us when they other offers on the table. Weird stuff for the D.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughtful reply BL. Bengals were fortunate to keep Anarumo this year and I definitely remember one feature of the Marvin era was losing our assistants on a consistent basis. Didn't know that about the DC/ZT connection but it totally makes sense. Good luck to your Lions this year 🦁
-QG

Users who are viewing this thread