What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (8 Viewers)

For better or worse I'm locked in with SF and Min the rest of the way.

SF
12 NO
13 Mia
14 TB
15 @Sea
16 Was
17 @LV

Min
12 NE
13 NYJ
14 @Det
15 Ind
16 NYG
17 @GB

About the Giants offensive line: G Josh Ezeudu, G Shane Lemieux, C Jon Feliciano and T Evan Neal all did not travel with the team to Dallas.

G-Men will be without their starting C, starting LG, backup LG, starting RT.

Cowboys DST may be a good start tomorrow.

Week 12 Giants play Commanders.

Heard the Patriots will be without two OL starters?

Lions have lost their top 4 guards.

It’s that time of year. Next man up LFG.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai has been out all year, backup Tommy Kraemer was put on IR early. 6”9” Dan Skipper filled in for 3 G at RG and all but 13 snaps Week 11 when backup C Evan Brown - who has been starting at RG - twisted an ankle. Pro Bowl LG Jonah Jackson is on the concussion protocol. His replacement will be Logan Stemberg - who had a pass blocking grade of 0.0 in his last start - or some Nigerian kid from a MAC school we pouched off the Eagles. Kayode Awosika has played 8 snaps all year but given the alternative I’m hoping they give the Buffalo grad a shot.

FTR Dan Skipper will be serviceable at one G, but the other spot will he a good one to key on tomorrow.

Thoughts for who is better start for Week 12:
- Indy vs. Pittsburg
- Washington vs. Atlanta

Most "pundants" say Indy because of the poor Pittsburg offense, but Washington has had 2 great weeks and Young is back.

- Indy vs. Pittsburg
- Washington vs. Atlanta

Most "pundants" say Indy because of the poor Pittsburg offense, but Washington has had 2 great weeks and Young is back.

Pittsburgh

I sat Pats yesterday - which felt insane, they had 63.50 points last 2 week in our format, Vikings were missing their best OL - and now have to decide between IND or MIA. Colts have been playing well and are the better defense. Dolphins are starting to get pressure with Chubb leading the way and face Kyle Allen in his first start this year.

Leaning dropping IND and rolling with the Fins.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Von Miller did not tear his ACL in Week 12 but is out indefinitely.​

Schefter said Miller could miss "a couple weeks" or remain sidelined for the rest of the season. Meanwhile, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Miller will require surgery either during the season or after. It all depends on what team doctors find while evaluating his knee injury. Losing Miller would be a major blow to a Buffalo pass rush that ranks 14th in QB pressure rate this season. Pro Football Focus grades Miller as the league's tenth best EDGE rusher on the season.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 12:01 PM ET

- Indy vs. Pittsburg
- Washington vs. Atlanta

Pittsburgh

I sat Pats yesterday - which felt insane, they had 63.50 points last 2 week in our format, Vikings were missing their best OL - and now have to decide between IND or MIA. Colts have been playing well and are the better defense. Dolphins are starting to get pressure with Chubb leading the way and face Kyle Allen in his first start this year.

Leaning dropping IND and rolling with the Fins.
I do like the dolphins myself, though I also picked up KC and really struggling between the 2.

Indy is also a possibility. Actually a lot of seemingly good choices on the wire

Have Denver and going against Sam Darnold is juicy. But also picked up KC and the Rams have been horrific. Perkins has thrown something like 10 passes in his career. Have to be some sacks and turnovers in that one with Chiefs playing with a big lead all day. Leaning that way

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Washington could hold out EDGE Chase Young (questionable, knee) another week.​

Young was activated from IR this week but was limited in practice all three days. The Commanders are more likely to rest Young for another week than rush him back, according to Fowler, who puts Young's odds of playing at less than 50 percent. Coach Ron Rivera said that Young would only play 10-15 snaps if active.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 26, 2022, 10:10 AM ET

Bears QB Nathan Peterman will start in Week 12 against the Bears.​

May God have mercy on our souls. Trevor Siemian was going to get the nod in place of Justin Fields (shoulder) but suffered an oblique injury in warmups. Peterman, with a career completion rate of 52.5 percent and two touchdowns to 12 interceptions, will start against an elite Jets secondary. New York becomes the top fantasy defense for Week 12 and no Bears players can be started with a modicum of confidence in any fantasy format.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Nov 27, 2022, 12:14 PM ET

Rams head coach Sean McVay said Aaron Donald is dealing with a high-ankle sprain and didn't commit to him playing in Week 13.​

Sitting on a 3-8 record, the Rams have little reason to play Donald at anything less than 100%. The star defensive lineman has totaled 49 tackles and five sacks on the season but is far from a solution to any of the Rams' problems. High-ankle sprains often sideline players for several weeks. If Donald and the Rams are smart, they'll make sure this one keeps him sidelined for the final six games to ensure he's healthy heading into the offseason.
Nov 28, 2022, 5:47 PM ET

Rams' red zone defense was ridiculously good vs. Chiefs

Have Bills and Jets -- not really liking either matchup. Browns and Seattle available -- but OY --probably should just roll the Bills out

Browns, Steelers and Bucs out there on our wire. I'm good with all 3. I'm starting to think TB might be the play. They scored 28 against NO in week 2. Haven't been able to run the ball at all. Kamara limping along. Only one I'm afraid of is Olave.

Right now in a short bench league I'm carrying 3 defenses and may pick up a 4th this week. Trying to secure good matchups the rest of the way as playoffs are locked up.

Week 13 (Currently Vikings vs Jets - I think White crashes back down to earth), but looking at picking up Bucs (vs. NO), Steelers (@ ATL) or Browns (@Hou)
Week 14 Chiefs @ Broncos
Week 15 Chiefs @ Texans (though Packers at home vs Rams is enticing - on the wire). May not matter if I secure the bye
Week 16 Broncos @ Rams
Week 17 Chiefs vs Broncos (also like TB vs Carolina if we do pick them up)

Last edited:
Browns, Steelers and Bucs out there on our wire. I'm good with all 3. I'm starting to think TB might be the play. They scored 28 against NO in week 2. Haven't been able to run the ball at all. Kamara limping along. Only one I'm afraid of is Olave.

Right now in a short bench league I'm carrying 3 defenses and may pick up a 4th this week. Trying to secure good matchups the rest of the way as playoffs are locked up.

Week 13 (Currently Vikings vs Jets - I think White crashes back down to earth), but looking at picking up Bucs (vs. NO), Steelers (@ ATL) or Browns (@Hou)
Week 14 Chiefs @ Broncos
Week 15 Chiefs @ Texans (though Packers at home vs Rams is enticing - on the wire). May not matter if I secure the bye
Week 16 Broncos @ Rams
I wouldn't trust the Bucs unless Winston is throwing for NO -- and they have SF and Cinci next.

Week 14 Chiefs @ Broncos
Week 16 Broncos @ Rams
I wouldn't trust the Bucs unless Winston is throwing for NO -- and they have SF and Cinci next.
I'm perfectly fine with Andy Daulton throwing. If they can't run Daulton will be a sitting duck. + OK whomever Carolina would throw out there week 17 when tanking.

Thoughts on Packers @ Bears?
Grabbed the Packers but may still play the Bills D tonight unless we hear news on Fields today that he's out for Sunday -- Do like the fact that the Packers (after their bye) get the Rams at home Monday night first week of playoffs (Week 15) --- while the Bills get Miami

am I nuts for thinking about playing

Pats v BUF

over

Vikings over NYJ

not feeling good about Minnesota’s pass defense

Bills placed EDGE Von Miller (knee) on injured reserve.​

As we always say first on these things -- Miller will miss at least the next four weeks. The timeline projects to let him get his feet back under him in a regular season game or two before Buffalo (assumedly) gets set for the playoffs. Miller has eight sacks in 11 games with the Bills this year and Buffalo's lower-rung pass rushers will be asked to step up in his absence, but their D/ST should still have a safe floor against New England later tonight.
Dec 1, 2022, 3:01 PM ET

No Von Miller, No Problem? Bills Defense 'Up For Challenge' Of Replacing Star

One chart that sums up the challenge faced by Bills defense this season

What’s Happened to the Buffalo Bills Defense…Again?

Users who are viewing this thread