What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (1 Viewer)

Poyer returning to the Bills. Happy about that but very surprised. Seemed like he was happy to be leaving Buffalo. Guessing the market wasn’t nearly as robust as he thought it would be.

Deonte Harty (formerly Harris) -- two years, $13.5M total. $5M guaranteed.

He's a great returner, but we already have an excellent return guy. We have several guys on offense who can run various gadget plays. I'm not sure if the Bills have plans for him beyond that -- he is still young and has room to develop -- or maybe this is just a way of replacing Hines and McKenzie with one guy.
Apparently a lot of Saints reporters think he has untapped potential. We shall see. The deal really breaks down to a 1 year $5M deal and a potential 2nd year with a bunch of performance escalators.

I am guessing once Ramsay was traded to Miami the well dried up there a bit in terms of what they were willing to throw at a FA in the secondary.

It is great if we can get Poyer/Hyde of old. But after having been iron men for 4 years they both had issues last year and I am worried about a repeat.

The Vikings loss was squarely on backup safety play (Lewis). I think the first two Bengals TDs were also blown coverages. So having that duo IS valuable, particularly with no decent backups ready to play (pending Hamlin).

Just hope it wasn’t too rich.

I am guessing once Ramsay was traded to Miami the well dried up there a bit in terms of what they were willing to throw at a FA in the secondary.

It is great if we can get Poyer/Hyde of old. But after having been iron men for 4 years they both had issues last year and I am worried about a repeat.

The Vikings loss was squarely on backup safety play (Lewis). I think the first two Bengals TDs were also blown coverages. So having that duo IS valuable, particularly with no decent backups ready to play (pending Hamlin).

Just hope it wasn’t too rich.
I certainly have some reservations, as well, since they are both getting up in years. But, the team would have been really thin at SS/FS without bringing J-Po (Hyde's nickname for him) back. I am much happier bringing Poyer back (proven talent, great leadership) and spending a 5-7 pick on S depth for the future, rather than spending a 1st-3rd on a S and hoping they can jump into the starting lineup.

Soooooo…….

Ed Oliver for DeAndre Hopkins. You in for that?

I say if they can figure out the cap stuff, do it. Oliver is a good player, but he’s not an actual difference maker IMO and it would be stupid to pay him what he’s going to want anyway. Push the chips in on offense and coach up the defense to be good enough.

Soooooo…….

Ed Oliver for DeAndre Hopkins. You in for that?

I say if they can figure out the cap stuff, do it. Oliver is a good player, but he’s not an actual difference maker IMO and it would be stupid to pay him what he’s going to want anyway. Push the chips in on offense and coach up the defense to be good enough.
In a heartbeat. Although I still think the key to the Super Bowl for the Bills is unlocking a short passing game.

Rumours of Gabe in the mix. Not sure how I feel about that, but I know I have rose coloured glasses.

My hope is that his injury was a huge part of him not getting on track last year and he didn’t recover mentally from that.

I think there is more he can be at this level but fully recognize it is just hope.

D Hop is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I wonder, why not keep your assets and just sign OBJ? And, if needing to unload some salary to make the cap work, trade for draft capital.

I guess the with the Cards having a good bit of cap space, maybe part of the deal is them taking on some of the salary cap burden.

Last edited:
D Hop is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I wonder, why not keep your assets and just sign OBJ? And, if needing to unload some salary to make the cap work, trade for draft capital.

I guess the with the Cards having a good bit of cap space, maybe part of the deal is them taking on some of the salary cap burden.
OBJ hasn't been good in a long time and is coming off a serious injury. There doesn't seem to be much of a market which likely means either he still isn't healthy or is asking for too much (or both).

Would depend on the details but just comparing the players I'd much rather have Hopkins.

OBJ hasn't been good in a long time and is coming off a serious injury. There doesn't seem to be much of a market which likely means either he still isn't healthy or is asking for too much (or both).

Would depend on the details but just comparing the players I'd much rather have Hopkins.
He was really good for the Rams before he blew out his knee in the SB. He's had plenty of time to recover from that injury. Does he have full pre-injury burst? Probably not, but he's basically the same age as Hopkins, who also has some injury history.

He was really good for the Rams before he blew out his knee in the SB. He's had plenty of time to recover from that injury. Does he have full pre-injury burst? Probably not, but he's basically the same age as Hopkins, who also has some injury history.
He averaged a little over 3 catches and 38 yards per game for the Rams in the regular season, had a pretty good run in the postseason. Altogether he only put up 4 catches for just under 50 yards per game for the Rams. That's not really good.

That was the 2nd time he tore the same ACL. Hey, maybe he'll bounce back and be close to 100%, and like I said, for the right price I'd be in favor of signing him, but Hopkins is pretty clearly the better WR IMO.

I don't disagree that Hopkins is better, I just think the gap is small and his price tag is much lower. (We assume. We'll see what Hopkins is actually traded for.)

Is there a way to trade Diggs without taking too much a hit? Cause the dude is just getting on my nerves. Can’t stand his attitude and personality.
Trade Diggs Sign Hopkins after Cards release him. Draft a WR before the 5th.

Is there a way to trade Diggs without taking too much a hit? Cause the dude is just getting on my nerves. Can’t stand his attitude and personality.
not gping anywhere for quite a while

Due to the four-year, $96 million contract that Diggs signed in 2021, the Bills would still be on the hook for $34.8 million in dead cap money if it trades him prior to June 1.

I kind of feel like he's just messing around with everyone.

So far, no harm done.

We'll see if he really is bothered in any way once mandatory stuff starts.

Is there a way to trade Diggs without taking too much a hit? Cause the dude is just getting on my nerves.

I'm going to go ahead and say that a definite WR1 in this league that's getting older won't have the replacement value that you want. It's like dynasty football. Do you want the production or do you want the youth with possibly capped upside? Because that's what you'd get for an aging guy on a deal like he's on.

He's in Buffalo for probably good, and I wonder about the people that are griping about him so much.

Or maybe the Jets will inquire about his services. We seem to be in the market for getting older. ****.

I think we all know what the issue with Diggs is. As a man who is famously devoted to monogamy, he's probably upset about the latest rumors involving Josh Allen's romantic life. We'll just have to hope that these guys figure out a way to resolve their differences.

Diggs is just looking for attention. He is like an internet troll at this point, post nonsense just to get a reaction.

One would think at his age with his cash he would find other ways to get enjoyment out of life but to each his own.

Diggs is just looking for attention. He is like an internet troll at this point, post nonsense just to get a reaction.

One would think at his age with his cash he would find other ways to get enjoyment out of life but to each his own.
He should consider gambling on sports. That's worked out well for some NFL wide receivers.

Diggs is goofy and cryptic, but IMO, this desire to get rid of him is crazy. The guy is still really talented and they need him. He’s great friends with Josh and that’s not changing. He’ll be fine once the season starts and the ball is coming his way.

Dorsey is the one that needs to get his stuff together or get gone. Figure out how to use your guys and scheme guys open. This team needs to stop trying to rely 100% on talent to win and needs to find ways to win with scheme on both sides of the ball.

Diggs is goofy and cryptic, but IMO, this desire to get rid of him is crazy. The guy is still really talented and they need him. He’s great friends with Josh and that’s not changing. He’ll be fine once the season starts and the ball is coming his way.

Dorsey is the one that needs to get his stuff together or get gone. Figure out how to use your guys and scheme guys open. This team needs to stop trying to rely 100% on talent to win and needs to find ways to win with scheme on both sides of the ball.
Yep. There's no longer a massive talent gap separating the Bills from the Jets and Dolphins. We're not going to beat either of those teams just by showing up and having Josh toss the ball to wherever Diggs is. We need our OC to be able to do something, and Dorsey didn't show much last year. He should be coaching for his job this season, and every season from here on out.

Edit: Frankly, I feel kind of the same way about McDermott and the defense. Not that McDermott is coaching for job, but we're all about to learn something about our defense this season one way or the other.

Yep. There's no longer a massive talent gap separating the Bills from the Jets and Dolphins. We're not going to beat either of those teams just by showing up and having Josh toss the ball to wherever Diggs is. We need our OC to be able to do something, and Dorsey didn't show much last year. He should be coaching for his job this season, and every season from here on out.

Edit: Frankly, I feel kind of the same way about McDermott and the defense. Not that McDermott is coaching for job, but we're all about to learn something about our defense this season one way or the other.
Totally agree about Dorsey. I've had my doubts since somewhere around mid-season last year.

I have no concerns with McDermott just yet. If they flop this year, then maybe I'll start to be concerned, but I'm not even sure of that.

Totally agree about Dorsey. I've had my doubts since somewhere around mid-season last year.

I have no concerns with McDermott just yet. If they flop this year, then maybe I'll start to be concerned, but I'm not even sure of that.
I always have my doubts about a HC calling plays on either side of the ball. And there is no doubt that Frazier had defenses with great end of year statistics.

But it always felt like Frazier was just going to do his thing and trust the players to make plays. It all worked great against lesser talent or poor coaching, but the defense melted down up against high powered offenses like KC, Cinci, heck, even Miami with Tua. There just were no changes and no answers. Hopefully with McDermott we get real game plans and real adjustments.

I feel like Dorsey was Frazier’s offensive equivalent. Relying on Josh to be Josh and Diggs to be Diggs worked great against lesser teams. But against better coaching and talented defenses, it wasn’t enough. And yet nothing ever seemed to change other than they let Josh run the ball more in important situations.

Any hopes for tonight?
I used to hope we would somehow land Bijan but I don’t think that’s possible.
I keep reading we’ll likely take a WR but not even sure this year which one I like. Think I’m leaning Flowers. I’m not sold on Downs and reading the Bills like him a lot.
Would be great to get that Edmunds replacement but not sold on any of the day 1 LB’s.
And last thing, I definitely don’t want to give up anything more than a 3rd for Hopkins. A 2nd is too much with where his salary stands.
But I believe in Beanne and whatever we do this week I’ll trust (for the time being).

Any hopes for tonight?
I keep reading we’ll likely take a WR but not even sure this year which one I like. Think I’m leaning Flowers. I’m not sold on Downs and reading the Bills like him a lot.
Would be great to get that Edmunds replacement but not sold on any of the day 1 LB’s.
And last thing, I definitely don’t want to give up anything more than a 3rd for Hopkins. A 2nd is too much with where his salary stands.
But I believe in Beanne and whatever we do this week I’ll trust (for the time being).
TBH, I'm done giving Beane the benefit of the doubt. We've had too many early picks fail to live up to expectations, and I'm starting to wonder if Beane and McDermott didn't just get very lucky with Josh Allen. I haven't followed the draft at all, and I kind of don't care who they select. Call me in October and let's see if this guy is starting for the team and making a positive difference on the field. That would be a good first step. I'd rather see them "overpay" for an off-ball LB who will start right away than talk a big game about filling a position of need only to let that player ride the bench all year. There's no bigger overpay than using a premium draft pick on a guy who you aren't comfortable giving snaps to.

Any hopes for tonight?
I'd expect WR or OL.

Any hopes for tonight?
I don't have much hope for tonight. I feel like all the mock drafts I see have us missing on the 4-5 players that used to be there in older mocks. Don't love Downs at all to be honest. Beane must see something I don't.

Any hopes for tonight?

What I really don't want is more DL, CB, and RB in the first two rounds. (Only caveat would be if Bijan falls. I suppose I could live with that, especially if they were able to trade Cook for some capital.)

What I really want is an OL. (Broken record) A stud OL would make Josh, and the WRs, and the RBs better.

I'm also not a fan of the WR possibility. If they think one of these guys is an immediate stud, then ok, I don't have nearly as much info on them. I just think it's too early to give up on Gabe and Shakir, such that you burn a 1st on another guy to hopefully be better.

Any hopes for tonight?
TBH, I'm done giving Beane the benefit of the doubt. We've had too many early picks fail to live up to expectations, and I'm starting to wonder if Beane and McDermott didn't just get very lucky with Josh Allen. I haven't followed the draft at all, and I kind of don't care who they select. Call me in October and let's see if this guy is starting for the team and making a positive difference on the field. That would be a good first step. I'd rather see them "overpay" for an off-ball LB who will start right away than talk a big game about filling a position of need only to let that player ride the bench all year. There's no bigger overpay than using a premium draft pick on a guy who you aren't comfortable giving snaps to.
I have similar thoughts. For all the times he’s traded away draft capital to trade up, he doesn’t have a lot to show for it other than Allen. To trade away assets, you’d better hit on those guys you’re trading up for and he hasn’t done that. He needs to trust himself a whole lot less.

WRs and TEs falling. Don’t think he’ll make it, but would LOVE LOVE LOVE JSN. Kincaid would be amazing as well. Get a pass catcher.

Beane really can’t help himself, can he? Just can’t sit tight and let the draft come to him. Has to trade away draft capital and move up every single year.

Well, at least they took a stud pass catcher. Don’t like giving up draft capital, but Kincaid can be a huge matchup problem. Got Josh another weapon.

This is exactly the kind of pick that I'm going to reserve judgement on, until I see whether our offensive staff can figure out how to use this sort of player.

LOVE the O'Cyrus pick. Love it, love it, love it.
His athleticism scores are terrible, but the dude gave up zero sacks in college and had zero penalties last year. He’s a road grader in the run game too. He shut down Jalen Carter last year. Ryan Bates, take a seat.

As for Dorian Williams, I’m not sure I get this pick. He’s great in coverage and a heat seeking missile, but at his size, everyone projects him at WLB. And he’s obviously not going to see much time there because they have Milano. Doesn’t seem to have the size to be at MLB which is where their need was.

Dorian Williams will be their WLB. I don't think they like Bernard.
So they’re moving Milano from WLB to MLB? I don’t see it.
Ok, so according to Beane, they are in fact planning on Williams being a WLB. Which means he’ll be a backup. A backup linebacker in the 3rd round when you only have 5 picks in the draft, have weaknesses on the team, and have significant salary cap concerns moving forward. Genius!

His athleticism scores are terrible, but the dude gave up zero sacks in college and had zero penalties last year. He’s a road grader in the run game too. He shut down Jalen Carter last year. Ryan Bates, take a seat.

As for Dorian Williams, I’m not sure I get this pick. He’s great in coverage and a heat seeking missile, but at his size, everyone projects him at WLB. And he’s obviously not going to see much time there because they have Milano. Doesn’t seem to have the size to be at MLB which is where their need was.
Yeah. Totally don't understand the 3rd pick. Same as last year on all fronts.

Dorian Williams will be their WLB. I don't think they like Bernard.
So they’re moving Milano from WLB to MLB? I don’t see it.
Ok, so according to Beane, they are in fact planning on Williams being a WLB. Which means he’ll be a backup. A backup linebacker in the 3rd round when you only have 5 picks in the draft, have weaknesses on the team, and have significant salary cap concerns moving forward. Genius!
he's a back up to Milano and special teams player
at least, our ST guys now have some ability to play an actual position.

I guess that's progress

Bills are planning ahead for when teams totally abandon the run game.
All defenders will be small, speed demons
who hopefully have tremendous football instincts

I really like the Bills. Probably my 2nd fav team but it feels like their window has closed. They will be really good but this doesn't feel like a team that is built to get over the hump

According to Albert Breer, the Bills passed up an offer to trade down from 27 to 41 for the Titans’ 3rd and likely a late 2023 or mid 2024 pick.

So basically (hat tip to Joe Buscaglia), the Bills valued Kincaid more than the 41, 72, 130 + one more pick.

That’s 2 players in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year they gave up to not move back plus one additional pick that could have even been a 3rd or 4th next year.

If Kincaid isn’t a true difference maker, then that is a huge blunder by Beane.

Users who are viewing this thread