What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (2 Viewers)

My hope is the Raiders stay at #7 as long as Carter is on the board. If he's there they take him, pair him with Maxx and give Mahomes nightmares for the next 5 years.

If not trade trade back, and keep trading back until the mid/late 20s and grab Hendon Hooker.

It's not too early, the fifth year option is too important for a rookie QB.

Hopefully Grop makes it to mid/late November when Hooker is, hopefully, getting ready to return to the field.

BAM! Contend for Championships for the next 8-10 years!
If Carter is not there, I would like a trade back and grab Calijah Kancey later.
I’d prefer an every down player in the first. And his weight is a concern. I see too much pj hall
He looks strong from the film I saw of him. Able to stand up against his comp. Then again, I only watched highlights.
The knock on him is his frame 6’ 280. And that he doesn’t play the run well and probably won’t be a 3 down player. He’s strong as hell and rushes the passer really well. He’s a pass for me

The knock on him is his frame 6’ 280. And that he doesn’t play the run well and probably won’t be a 3 down player. He’s strong as hell and rushes the passer really well. He’s a pass for me
We haven't had interior pass rush since Darrel Russell. I'm ready for interior pass rush. We've been patient. We deserve interior pass rush.
A 2 down player in the first round? Epically raiders

My hope is the Raiders stay at #7 as long as Carter is on the board. If he's there they take him, pair him with Maxx and give Mahomes nightmares for the next 5 years.

If not trade trade back, and keep trading back until the mid/late 20s and grab Hendon Hooker.

Hopefully Grop makes it to mid/late November when Hooker is, hopefully, getting ready to return to the field.

If Carter is not there, I would like a trade back and grab Calijah Kancey later.
I’d prefer an every down player in the first. And his weight is a concern. I see too much pj hall
He looks strong from the film I saw of him. Able to stand up against his comp. Then again, I only watched highlights.
6' 1", 280 lbs is the best DT in the league... one of the best ever.

6' 1", 280 lbs is the best DT in the league... one of the best ever.
Total anomaly.

Draft magazine i looked at while waiting for my Daughters prescription said Raiders pick ILB Trenton Simpson, he sounds promising from what ive read

I’m sure you don’t want him at 1.07.
Oh, I'm sure I do.
:eek: :oldunsure:
There's no other player at 7 who is even close as a prospect. Bijan and Will Anderson, that's it. He's been the best player on the best team for two years, and plays the hardest......

Wait, we talking about Cancey, aren't we?

Yeah, no, I'll take him in the 2nd. 😂😂🙂

Sorry, have Carter on the brain
That’s awesome. 😂😂. Yes to Carter. Fully agree. 😂😂

David long, cb? :oldunsure:

Signed today, rumors online hinted the team could sign 2 or 3 players today
Any insight? JAG, Right?

Hints of upside toward the end of last season and at the right age for it, BUT yes, otherwise a JAG. Vegas making a run on Jacksonville this FA period.

Perryman to the Texans

1-yr deal, terms undisclosed (likely meaning they are embarrassing for the player). SMH. Perryman was definitely worthy of bringing back on a one-yr embarrassing contract.
I don't disagree really but the big problem with Perryman is that he has a consistent track record of not being able to count on him. He ends up missing several games a year and then on the games he does play in.... it seems half of them he is knocked out of the game for at least a few plays. Love him. Love what he does. Wanted him back. But it is hard to build a good solid defense when your MLB is constantly in and out.

Perryman to the Texans

1-yr deal, terms undisclosed (likely meaning they are embarrassing for the player). SMH. Perryman was definitely worthy of bringing back on a one-yr embarrassing contract.
I think it's possible we might be overrating him, if the best he can do is 1 year deal with the worst team in the league

Initial reports was that Perryman wanted more than what the Raiders were willing to re-sign him at. Wonder if he didn't sour on the team, or if the team didn't sour on him during those negotiations and was left to take what the market decided he was worth...

Perryman to the Texans

I wonder sometimes if the Players not coming back see or know something only the Raiders insiders would know , like its a complete crapshow behind the scenes.
I think it’s more about a new regime wanting their own players. And on top of that, they seem to be moving on from players who are always injured. Waller, Perryman and Ya-Sin just to name few. I understand everyone gets injured but we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Maybe McZ felt some of these guys should have been playing instead of watching from the sidelines or dropping new albums and what not.

Initial reports was that Perryman wanted more than what the Raiders were willing to re-sign him at. Wonder if he didn't sour on the team, or if the team didn't sour on him during those negotiations and was left to take what the market decided he was worth...
We paid him next to nothing on that contract we traded for. He outplayed it. He likely felt like he was deserved a raise and we were not willing. The one season out of 8 that he played at least 15 games and he went to the pro bowl. You just can't depend on him.

I think it’s more about a new regime wanting their own players
That's one of those things we always forget about. That and the fact that everyone in this world is worried about getting fired, except the owner.

Unless that owner is Lil Danny Snyder. He gets fired too, I guess

Perryman to the Texans

I wonder sometimes if the Players not coming back see or know something only the Raiders insiders would know , like its a complete crapshow behind the scenes.
Is that your theory for why every free agent leaves every team or does this only apply to the Raiders?

Perryman to the Texans

Is that your theory for why every free agent leaves every team or does this only apply to the Raiders?
It applies to the new coaching staff

Perryman to the Texans

Because they let Perryman leave? All coaching staff let players leave and bring in guys they think better fit the system and team culture.

Did the Raiders even make Perryman an offer? Seems unlikely considering he took a middling one year deal with the Texans.

Perryman to the Texans

Because they let Perryman leave? All coaching staff let players leave and bring in guys they think better fit the system and team culture.

Did the Raiders even make Perryman an offer? Seems unlikely considering he took a middling one year deal with the Texans.
You noticed i said ''I wonder sometimes''
Thats me throwing pasta against the wall, its a question , not statement

Perryman to the Texans

I wonder sometimes if the Players not coming back see or know something only the Raiders insiders would know , like its a complete crapshow behind the scenes.It w

It was said the Texans and Titans were the strong interested parties

Perryman to the Texans

You noticed i said ''I wonder sometimes''
Thats me throwing pasta against the wall, its a question , not statement
Mmmmmmm...wall pasta...

Perryman to the Texans

Or the flip side. The team knows and sees stuff that we do not.

like The reports on Waller being a tool during the bye week

perryman was/is awesome, but he’s one hit away from retirement. There were so many times I didn’t think he’d be getting up From the all the big hits. And his coverage skills aren’t that great. :shrug:

Clearly teams have shifted focus from FAs to the draft and the available FAs of any quality are probably hunkering down waiting on OTA injuries.

But it should be noted that Frank Clark, Bud Dupree & Leonard Floyd are all still out there.

Still some quality out there in the FA market.

New Raiders CB David Long’s incredible
‘21 season, helping Rams win a title

Reg season
- 65.1 completion %
- 79.7 QB rating (lowest among all Rams CBs)

Postseason
- 69.3 grade (highest among all Rams CBs)
- 65 completion %
- 51.9 QB rating (2nd lowest among all CBs in playoffs)

I have no idea who he is, found on Twitter from someone from something called Raider Ramble.

I gave him a follow for digging this up

New Raiders CB David Long’s incredible
‘21 season, helping Rams win a title

Reg season
- 65.1 completion %
- 79.7 QB rating (lowest among all Rams CBs)

Postseason
- 69.3 grade (highest among all Rams CBs)
- 65 completion %
- 51.9 QB rating (2nd lowest among all CBs in playoffs)

I have no idea who he is, found on Twitter from someone from something called Raider Ramble.

I gave him a follow for digging this up
25 years old, 3rd round pick, 52 games played, 10 starts, playoff experience... WTF* not?

*Why not what.

Foster Moreau announced he has been diagnosed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and will be stepping away from football.​

Moreau took to Twitter to make the announcement, adding that the cancer was found "during a routine physical conducted by the Saint’s medical team down in New Orleans." He expressed gratitude for the support he has received and ended his message by saying, "I’ll go kick this thing’s *** and get back to doing what I love!" It's a deeply sad revelation for a player who was likely going to work his way into a starting role on a new team this year. We all look forward to seeing Moreau's return to football, whenever that may be

Foster Moreau announced he has been diagnosed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and will be stepping away from football.​

Moreau took to Twitter to make the announcement, adding that the cancer was found "during a routine physical conducted by the Saint’s medical team down in New Orleans." He expressed gratitude for the support he has received and ended his message by saying, "I’ll go kick this thing’s *** and get back to doing what I love!" It's a deeply sad revelation for a player who was likely going to work his way into a starting role on a new team this year. We all look forward to seeing Moreau's return to football, whenever that may be
Looks like Saints were about to sign him and the physical found this.

Wishing him the best to kick the crap out of it. Glad they found it.

Holy crow!

All love to Foster. Get well quick brother.

Consensus mock draft board.

Haven't really seen much chit chat about our 2nd round pick, and looking at the players ranked like 30-45 or so, there's a bunch of tight ends right there, and maybe some Edge guys who have some juice.

Let's say the team would like to come out of the first two rounds with a CB, and a defensive lineman. Assume Carter and Anderson are gone. Maybe the best thing is to take the best CB in the draft, because you like the DL/Edge guys better in the 2nd round. It's such a valuable position, and you are getting the best CB in the draft has to be worth a top 10 pick every year.

If you are looking at a combo of Tyree Wilson and what might be the 6th or 7th CB off the board, vs. Christian Gonzales and a 2nd round DL, it's not even close. There are a bunch of interesting pass rushers in that 2nd round range. Ojulari, Foskey, Will McDonald. Becoming an elite pass rusher is not out of their range of outcomes. That alien athlete from Northwestern should be there. There's some dudes there.

That’s awesome. 😂😂. Yes to Carter. Fully agree. 😂😂

Looking at Kancey on there, we were talking about this guy before the combine, he was a 3rd rounder in mock drafts. He's in late 20's now, consensus. Kancey looks exactly like one of those guys that go at the midpoint between the Raiders first two picks. I've given up the dream. If I thought we could leave the 2nd round with Witherspoon and Kancey? That would be exciting.

signed Duke Shelley CB
Another young guy who may have best ball in front of him. Comes with a little hype video. Comments are positive.

He's 5'8, he and Amik might be competing for a spot.

Shelley ended up finishing as PFF’s third-best cornerback in coverage last season and played admirably well. The Bears were playing Shelley on the inside as a slot cornerback, but it wasn’t his best position. A transition back to the outside has made a major difference for Shelley and it showed up in a big way last season.

Shelley heads to a Raiders team where he will likley get an opportunity to both play a lot along with potentially starting.

Users who are viewing this thread