What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (4 Viewers)

Just seeing who is paying attention.

Back and forth with my son the other day.... at the end he says "Yea, but the Dolphins were better than the Raiders" and all I had left was "Yea, Daddy is loyal to a fault."
how many superbowl's did dan marino win?
He is 9 and I would be extremely surprised if he knew who Marino was. He knows nothing of Fin history... it is all about Hill for him. It is a hecka lot better than him being a Chef fan so I am subjectively happy about that.

Isaiah Fosley is another player that appears to be an impact player. When I watched ND games he jumped off the tv screen. He gets a great push into the backfield.

Given Adams comments about staying I have to wonder what he was told by the staff.

I think they should juts go with Stidham and build the OLine and DLine up. OLine needs more bulk to counter players like Chris Jones. DLine should be built in the mode of the 9ers approach: big and athletic players to control Mahomes and Herbert.

If TSidham struggles they will be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes in the next draft.
Any big dominating DT's that can pressure QB's? I will take two of those please.

Just seeing who is paying attention.

Back and forth with my son the other day.... at the end he says "Yea, but the Dolphins were better than the Raiders" and all I had left was "Yea, Daddy is loyal to a fault."
how many superbowl's did dan marino win?
He is 9 and I would be extremely surprised if he knew who Marino was. He knows nothing of Fin history... it is all about Hill for him. It is a hecka lot better than him being a Chef fan so I am subjectively happy about that.
time to school him on disappointment. :lmao: and then show him the way

Hey, you wanna fall in love? 💛💕💜💘

Color me unimpressed. A bunch of those were coverage sacks and a few someone else actually beat him to the QB. He lined up inside and looped around two gaps to get there - that ball's gone in the NFL long before that. We don't have the coverage to support a pass rusher that needs that kind of time.

I'm from So Cal but live in the bay area now and I was glad to see them leave Oakland, the town is such a dump. I work in Alameda and the area has just gone so far downhill that coming over here makes me sick.
I suppose being so expensive to live in Cali because of taxes and the sheer number of homeless has something to do with it. What was once a beautiful state has turned into an ugly place in many ways.

I'm from So Cal but live in the bay area now and I was glad to see them leave Oakland, the town is such a dump. I work in Alameda and the area has just gone so far downhill that coming over here makes me sick.
I suppose being so expensive to live in Cali because of taxes and the sheer number of homeless has something to do with it. What was once a beautiful state has turned into an ugly place in many ways.
the state is still beautiful sans a few cities, but Oakland is not the place anymore for a sports team hence the Warriors jumping across the bay and the A's probably leaving. I do miss the tailgates as they were amazing out there in Oakland.

pretty gorgeous down here in laguna beach. pricey yes, but it's ridiculously perfect.

If Ziegler and McDaniels don’t feel Richardson is worth taking a gamble on in the 1st round, how do you all feel about Hendon Hooker on day 3? He gives you a lot of the same athleticism Richardson would plus more experience. He’s not as big, fast and strong as Richardson and is coming off a knee injury but he brings proven leadership at Tennessee and big game experience that Richardson has yet to do.

If Ziegler and McDaniels don’t feel Richardson is worth taking a gamble on in the 1st round, how do you all feel about Hendon Hooker on day 3? He gives you a lot of the same athleticism Richardson would plus more experience. He’s not as big, fast and strong as Richardson and is coming off a knee injury but he brings proven leadership at Tennessee and big game experience that Richardson has yet to do.
i'd be good with him. way less invested.

i'd be good with him. way less invested.
Agreed. Sure he doesn't bring Richardson's all around athleticism, but he's 6'4", 218 lbs can move, has a good arm, high accuracy and tons of experience.

Works for me.

I watched a few Tennessee games this year and was very impressed with his on field play. I know you can't really know what kind of person he is from postgame interviews, but he also came across very well in those.

I'm in, but he tore his ACL, yeah?
Richardson isn't exactly a viable starter right now either.
Ha! Touché’ we have at least Stidham to bridge the QB gap. If they really do sign Brady or Rodgers, they won’t need him in 2023 anyway.

a bridge made of straw. C'mon. As promising as he was in that 1 game, I don't want him starting next year. I'd rather have a mid-level vet stop gap and draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope against hope that this front office can actually draft talent and get this team headed in the right direction.

Ha! Touché’ we have at least Stidham to bridge the QB gap. If they really do sign Brady or Rodgers, they won’t need him in 2023 anyway.

a bridge made of straw. C'mon. As promising as he was in that 1 game, I don't want him starting next year. I'd rather have a mid-level vet stop gap and draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope against hope that this front office can actually draft talent and get this team headed in the right direction.
This is the Raiders. I have a lot of respect for you and your posts but I know you know this organization is going to do something desperate and/or stupid. Not matter who’s calling the shots. You really think Skoronski is going to put any butts in the seats at Agilent? They need a game changer to turn those red KC jerseys into Silver & Black. Just my opinion

So you’re all for Hooker day 3? Because I am. If Richardson is fools gold he would be my pick later on.

So you’re all for Hooker day 3? Because I am. If Richardson is fools gold he would be my pick later on.
All for Hooker in Vegas. Hooker's arm strength is amazing. Hookers got great legs. The total package.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTp0YLhxvo
Hooker highlights-SFW

You don’t send Derek Carr packing and do nothing in return. They have something planned, whether it’s idiotic, desperate and/or stupid, brave yourselves. Stidham is not the answer, especially with Davante under contract, he didn’t even want to play with Jordan Love.

Shoot, if he's Day 3, I won't be mad if we take two QBs

Shoot, if he's Day 3, I won't be mad if we take two QBs
Best answer yet!

All for Hooker in Vegas. Hooker's arm strength is amazing. Hookers got great legs. The total package.
Hooker highlights-SFW
So why is Hooker a day 2/3 guy?

Hooker highlights-SFW
So why is Hooker a day 2/3 guy?
Injury and I don’t know what I’m talking about here, but he’s going to miss the combine and any offseason activities of the team who drafts him.

You don’t send Derek Carr packing and do nothing in return. They have something planned, whether it’s idiotic, desperate and/or stupid, brave yourselves. Stidham is not the answer, especially with Davante under contract, he didn’t even want to play with Jordan Love.
You are giving them more credit than I am willing to give them at this point.

They have to do something right? Mahomes is still in their division last time I checked,

They have to do something right? Mahomes is still in their division last time I checked,
They have to so something.... having something planned isn't exactly the same thing.

The thing is that very rarely is a team gonna hit on a QB that can lead a team to the SB. Brady was a generational except. If they go with Stidham and he sucks, they are in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. I think his game will translate to the NFL at a level that can compete with Mahomes.

The thing is that very rarely is a team gonna hit on a QB that can lead a team to the SB. Brady was a generational except. If they go with Stidham and he sucks, they are in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. I think his game will translate to the NFL at a level that can compete with Mahomes.
You and I differ in that if they draft Richardson now he’ll be ready in 2024. Why suck for Williams when they can kinda suck for the best defensive player while having the QB position set

You and I differ in that if they draft Richardson now he’ll be ready in 2024. Why suck for Williams when they can kinda suck for the best defensive player while having the QB position set
Because Richardson's bust potential is world's higher than Williams.

The only concern with Williams is he's 6'1", it would be nice if he were 6'4" but oh well, everything about him looks pro-ready.

I live in north santa barbara county. still just as beautiful and flawed as ever here. grandmother told stories of being beaten for speaking spanish in school here as a little girl and being told "we don't serve indians" at bars in the 80's. those things don't happen anymore mostly, so I think things have improved for us anyway.

It is no coincidence that the four teams in the conference championship games have some of the best defensive lines in the NFL. The Eagles’ Dline basically won the game on the second play. KCs Chris Jones is probably the second best interior lineman behind Aaron Donald and wreaked havoc yesterday. Cincy’s Dline basically put the nail in the coffin against the Ravens last week and kept them in the game yesterday. And we all know how strong the 9ers D is.

Point is, in the coming months, most will be focused on the rookie QBs (I’m already guilty of this) and the landing spot of free agent QBs. I’m posting this now because there is going to be so much over analyzing of QBs and so much talk of who’s going where and who drafting a QB. The dominance of the Dline play will be lost. Philly and KC also probably have the two best GMs in the league and are showing it’s still a team game won in the trenches.

The Raiders have been notoriously bad in the trenches, especially the Dline and their win-loss record reflects that. I know I’ve been having fun on here pushing for them to draft Anthony Richardson (I will still crack a smile if they do), but in all reality, the best bet is all resources should be spent on that Dline and Oline, the proof is in the Super Bowl.

It is no coincidence that the four teams in the conference championship games have some of the best defensive lines in the NFL. The Eagles’ Dline basically won the game on the second play. KCs Chris Jones is probably the second best interior lineman behind Aaron Donald and wreaked havoc yesterday. Cincy’s Dline basically put the nail in the coffin against the Ravens last week and kept them in the game yesterday. And we all know how strong the 9ers D is.

Point is, in the coming months, most will be focused on the rookie QBs (I’m already guilty of this) and the landing spot of free agent QBs. I’m posting this now because there is going to be so much over analyzing of QBs and so much talk of who’s going where and who drafting a QB. The dominance of the Dline play will be lost. Philly and KC also probably have the two best GMs in the league and are showing it’s still a team game won in the trenches.

The Raiders have been notoriously bad in the trenches, especially the Dline and their win-loss record reflects that. I know I’ve been having fun on here pushing for them to draft Anthony Richardson (I will still crack a smile if they do), but in all reality, the best bet is all resources should be spent on that Dline and Oline, the proof is in the Super Bowl.
This type of logical thinking should not be anywhere near the Raiders. We aren’t about winning. We want the QB that throws the ball the farthest and the WRs and CBS that run the fastest.

This type of logical thinking should not be anywhere near the Raiders. We aren’t about winning. We want the QB that throws the ball the farthest and the WRs and CBS that run the fastest.
Don't forgot about the project players who have a troubled past, or sketchy draft profile, but we talk ourselves into their upside.

There is a deadline approaching in the Derek Carr sweepstakes, and there has been a snag in the Raiders finding a trade partner for their quarterback. The Raiders have not given Carr’s agent permission to talk to other teams, league and team sources familiar with the matter confirmed to The Athletic on Monday. Sports Illustrated first reported the news. Here’s what you need to know:

• The Raiders have to trade Carr or cut him before Feb. 15, when the $32.9 million base salary for next year and $7.5 million for 2024 money become fully guaranteed.
  • Carr has veto power over any trade.
  • Carr, 31, was benched for the final two games of the 2022 regular season. The Raiders started Jarrett Stidham at quarterback instead. Carr left the team after the benching so as not to be a distraction.
  • He sent a goodbye message to fans of the organization via social media in January, signaling an end to his nine-year career with the team.

Why haven’t the Raiders given Carr permission?​

The Raiders might be concerned that Tim Younger, Carr’s agent, would be working out a free-agent deal with the new team rather than helping with trade terms. But Younger can do that on Feb. 16, well ahead of the other quarterbacks in the league hitting the free-agent market. Younger would need to talk to the new team about Carr’s contract — either restructuring the current one or carving out a new one — either way.

Younger declined comment for this story. General manager Dave Ziegler, on his way to Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl, was not available for comment.

Younger has not given the Raiders a list of teams that he would be open to a trade to, the sources said, for the simple reason that it’s wide open. Several teams have still not hired a coach or offensive coordinator.

What options are left?​

It would seem that the Raiders and Carr should work together to find a trade partner. Carr would have first dibs on his new team — who could rework his contract and avoid him hitting the free market in March — while the Raiders could get a draft pick back in return, or a veteran player that they want.

And while The Athletic has reported that Carr has no plans to extend the Feb. 15 salary guarantee deadline, there is another possibility that the Raiders should consider: Carr would want time to talk to his potential new head coach and coordinator before a deal is consummated, so could decide to set his own earlier deadline of Feb. 8 and cut off trade talks if nothing is worked out by then.

Carr does seem to be holding all the cards, and maybe the Raiders have already decided to move on and lose the nine-year starter for nothing rather than cede any control of the process.

Users who are viewing this thread