What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (2 Viewers)

Raiders DT Kelly Was Overlooked, Underrated, UDFA​

Story by Tom LaMarre

Considering that Tommy Kelly played nine seasons for the Oakland Raiders and was a starter for most of that time without getting much recognition, you would have to see that he was underrated and almost forgotten today.

The 6-6, 310-pound Kelly was a more than solid yet unheralded member of the Raiders defensive line for nearly a decade after he signed with the Silver and Black as again overlooked an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State in 2004.

However, Kelly had great respect in Oakland, even though he never made the Pro Bowl and was twice selected as an alternate.

“He is one of the premier inside players in the league,” Raiders Coach Dennis Allen said of Kelly. “He’s working on trying to develop a little bit more from a fundamental standpoint, and if he does those little things, he’ll begin to get recognized as one of the top interior players like he’s played already.

“For some reason, he just doesn’t get the recognition.”

Even though he didn’t start as a rookie, Kelly had two sacks against New Orleans Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks in his first game, followed by a sack of San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees the following week and another against Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme early in the season.

Kelly finished his rookie season with 20 tackles and those four sacks while playing part-time, starting three games and becoming a starter the following season.

The best was yet to come, as Kelly started for the Raiders for the next eight seasons and amassed 423 total tackles, 34½ sacks, forced ten fumbles and recovered four, had one interception, and defended against 18 passes.

On Feb. 28, 2008, the Raiders signed Kelly to the largest contract ever given to a defensive tackle in the NFL on the eve of free agency, a seven-year deal worth $50.5 million, with $18.125 million in guarantees and $25.125 million over the first three years.

Kelly’s 58 quarterback hits are second in Raiders history to only linebacker Khalil Mack. Still, for some reason, some considered Kelly an underachiever because of the huge contract and the fact that he never made All-Pro or was selected to the Pro Bowl.

Still, he was considered a reliable run-stopper and gap-filler throughout his career with the Silver and Black. His best season came in 2010 when he had 60 tackles and seven sacks; the next season, he had a career-high of 7.5 sacks.

Things started going downhill for Kelly in Oakland on Sept. 14, 2008, when he was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, even though he played three more seasons for the Raiders.

Kelly was released by the Raiders in 2013 and signed a two-year free-agent contract with the New England Patriots. He was placed on the Injured Reserve List late in the season and released the following August when he signed with the Arizona Cardinals, where he played one more season before retiring in 2015.

He remembers most of his years with the Raiders from 2004-12.

“I love the city of Oakland,” Kelly said when he retired. “I have much love for the people back there. They recognize the people who play hard. I know I play hard. I always left it on the field. I lived through a lot over there, but at the same time, I learned a lot about how to be a professional and what not to do in my career, and it got me this far, 11 years strong. I’ve got a lot of respect for the Davis family and had many good teammates.

“A lot of times that's when you see how much a person loves football, when everything ain't going good for them. It’s easy to play hard when you're on the best team, but try playing hard when you know you barely got a shot to win. I guess being undrafted. I was the type of player who really gets down on myself because I know in the NFL you've always got a chance to redeem yourself. Nobody in this league plays a perfect 16-game season. It’s always about how you bounce back.”

Kelly finished his 11-year NFL career with 479 total tackles, 38 sacks, and 19 passes defended in 150 games for three teams, 135 as a starter, and only after he retired did people start claiming he had been underrated.

The Cardinals hired Kelly as an assistant coach in 2017

Off Season Workout Schedule:

OTA Offseason workouts: May 22-23, May 25, May 31-June 2, June 12-15

Mandatory Minicamp: June 6-8

Rookie Minicamp: May 12-14

Story by Tom LaMarre

Considering that Tommy Kelly played nine seasons for the Oakland Raiders and was a starter for most of that time without getting much recognition, you would have to see that he was underrated and almost forgotten today.

The 6-6, 310-pound Kelly was a more than solid yet unheralded member of the Raiders defensive line for nearly a decade after he signed with the Silver and Black as again overlooked an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State in 2004.

However, Kelly had great respect in Oakland, even though he never made the Pro Bowl and was twice selected as an alternate.

“He is one of the premier inside players in the league,” Raiders Coach Dennis Allen said of Kelly. “He’s working on trying to develop a little bit more from a fundamental standpoint, and if he does those little things, he’ll begin to get recognized as one of the top interior players like he’s played already.

Even though he didn’t start as a rookie, Kelly had two sacks against New Orleans Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks in his first game, followed by a sack of San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees the following week and another against Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme early in the season.

Kelly finished his rookie season with 20 tackles and those four sacks while playing part-time, starting three games and becoming a starter the following season.

The best was yet to come, as Kelly started for the Raiders for the next eight seasons and amassed 423 total tackles, 34½ sacks, forced ten fumbles and recovered four, had one interception, and defended against 18 passes.

On Feb. 28, 2008, the Raiders signed Kelly to the largest contract ever given to a defensive tackle in the NFL on the eve of free agency, a seven-year deal worth $50.5 million, with $18.125 million in guarantees and $25.125 million over the first three years.

Kelly’s 58 quarterback hits are second in Raiders history to only linebacker Khalil Mack. Still, for some reason, some considered Kelly an underachiever because of the huge contract and the fact that he never made All-Pro or was selected to the Pro Bowl.

Still, he was considered a reliable run-stopper and gap-filler throughout his career with the Silver and Black. His best season came in 2010 when he had 60 tackles and seven sacks; the next season, he had a career-high of 7.5 sacks.

Things started going downhill for Kelly in Oakland on Sept. 14, 2008, when he was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, even though he played three more seasons for the Raiders.

Kelly was released by the Raiders in 2013 and signed a two-year free-agent contract with the New England Patriots. He was placed on the Injured Reserve List late in the season and released the following August when he signed with the Arizona Cardinals, where he played one more season before retiring in 2015.

“I love the city of Oakland,” Kelly said when he retired. “I have much love for the people back there. They recognize the people who play hard. I know I play hard. I always left it on the field. I lived through a lot over there, but at the same time, I learned a lot about how to be a professional and what not to do in my career, and it got me this far, 11 years strong. I’ve got a lot of respect for the Davis family and had many good teammates.

“A lot of times that's when you see how much a person loves football, when everything ain't going good for them. It’s easy to play hard when you're on the best team, but try playing hard when you know you barely got a shot to win. I guess being undrafted. I was the type of player who really gets down on myself because I know in the NFL you've always got a chance to redeem yourself. Nobody in this league plays a perfect 16-game season. It’s always about how you bounce back.”

Kelly finished his 11-year NFL career with 479 total tackles, 38 sacks, and 19 passes defended in 150 games for three teams, 135 as a starter, and only after he retired did people start claiming he had been underrated.

Did he die?

Story by Tom LaMarre

Did he die?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Uh no... I couldn't figure out why this was written now either but I totally forgot he was a UDFA. I thought it was cool to go back and look at it and then hope we get a hit with a UDFA like him in this class.

Schedule day is fun. My phone wa s blowing up with people wanting to go to games. Chitown just might happen @Chadstroma
As it turns out, my mum and her hubby are finishing a wine country road trip in LA the same weekend as the Chargers game, my brother lives in LA, I introduced him to Arctic Monkeys 15 years ago or, and they are playing the Forum 2 days before the game,so yeah that trip is a go. :thumbup:

Schedule day is fun. My phone wa s blowing up with people wanting to go to games. Chitown just might happen @Chadstroma
As it turns out, my mum and her hubby are finishing a wine country road trip in LA the same weekend as the Chargers game, my brother lives in LA, I introduced him to Arctic Monkeys 15 years ago or, and they are playing the Forum 2 days before the game,so yeah that trip is a go. :thumbup:
so we're meeting in the parking lot? i usually go to this game

Oh yeah. Warning, when I attend Raiders games, crazy **** happens

Same. 2 years ago me and my boy got in for free. After the freak thunder storm shut down the inner tubes and the 20K raider fans that couldn’t get in started rioting because everyone’s tickets are on their phones. Security was overwhelmed and just let us in because we had a screenshot of my other buddies seats. I told that story here when it happened.

Sent @Chadstroma some quasi nudes from last year. Also walked into the bowels of the stadium with the charger band.

Good times

@DA RAIDERS doesn't know how to go to a game without crazy

Same. 2 years ago me and my boy got in for free. After the freak thunder storm shut down the inner tubes and the 20K raider fans that couldn’t get in started rioting because everyone’s tickets are on their phones. Security was overwhelmed and just let us in because we had a screenshot of my other buddies seats. I told that story here when it happened.

Sent @Chadstroma some quasi nudes from last year. Also walked into the bowels of the stadium with the charger band.

Good times
First game I attended was Art Shell first game as coach, Eddie Anderson won the game with Pick 6.

Attended Tuck Rule game.

Last year caught the Chandler Jones/Mac Jones game.

Been very lucky.

Good times
First game I attended was Art Shell first game as coach, Eddie Anderson won the game with Pick 6.

Attended Tuck Rule game.

Been very lucky.
Ohhhh, that kind of crazy..... no, with @DA RAIDERS it is a whole different kind of crazy.

Good times

Attended Tuck Rule game.

Been very lucky.
Ohhhh, that kind of crazy..... no, with @DA RAIDERS it is a whole different kind of crazy.
You wanna see massraider Jr, you can subscribe to my OnlyFans like everyone else.

Good times

Attended Tuck Rule game.

Been very lucky.
i was at the first game with fans in vegas. Baltimore OT winner. and made the MNF broadcast. :shrug:

So my phone rang

it was my cousin

I said ''Hello'' and he simply whispered ....''Kwon Alexander ''

and hung up

:ponder:

KWON ALEXANDER
LB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
10510.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent LB Kwon Alexander is scheduled to meet with the Steelers.​

The Jets signed Alexander to a one-year contract last offseason, but have been slow to re-sign him this offseason. A report last month from ESPN's Rich Cimini said the two sides have "stayed in touch", but little more has materialized since then. The soon-to-be 29-year-old linebacker appeared in all 17 games for the Jets last season, totaling 69 tackles, six TFLs, and a half sack. The Steelers have overhauled their linebacker corps this offseason, having already signed two free agent linebackers in March. Alexander could become the third vet to join them if all goes well with the meeting between the two sides.

So my phone rang

it was my cousin

and hung up

KWON ALEXANDERLB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
View attachment 3611

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent LB Kwon Alexander is scheduled to meet with the Steelers.​

The Jets signed Alexander to a one-year contract last offseason, but have been slow to re-sign him this offseason. A report last month from ESPN's Rich Cimini said the two sides have "stayed in touch", but little more has materialized since then. The soon-to-be 29-year-old linebacker appeared in all 17 games for the Jets last season, totaling 69 tackles, six TFLs, and a half sack. The Steelers have overhauled their linebacker corps this offseason, having already signed two free agent linebackers in March. Alexander could become the third vet to join them if all goes well with the meeting between the two sides.
well in my cousins defense , he never mentioned a team ...he just said his name :wink:

So my phone rang

it was my cousin

and hung up

View attachment 3611

well in my cousins defense , he never mentioned a team ...he just said his name :wink:
Your cousin is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruble.

So my phone rang

it was my cousin

and hung up

View attachment 3611

Your cousin is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruble.
I agree , he makes blind squirrels look good

The Las Vegas Raiders have signed free agent WR Kristian Wilkerson, the club announced Monday.
Wilkerson, who originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Tennessee Titans in 2020, has spent the past three seasons with the New England Patriots. He has appeared in four career games with one start, totaling four receptions for 42 yards and two touchdowns.
A native of Memphis, Tenn., Wilkerson played four seasons at Southeast Missouri State, where he started 43 contests and totaled 219 receptions for 3,540 yards and 33 touchdowns. He left the program ranking first in career catches, receiving yards and touchdowns.
In a corresponding move, the Raiders have released WR Tyler Johnson.

The Las Vegas Raiders have signed free agent WR Kristian Wilkerson, the club announced Monday.
Wilkerson, who originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Tennessee Titans in 2020, has spent the past three seasons with the New England Patriots. He has appeared in four career games with one start, totaling four receptions for 42 yards and two touchdowns.
A native of Memphis, Tenn., Wilkerson played four seasons at Southeast Missouri State, where he started 43 contests and totaled 219 receptions for 3,540 yards and 33 touchdowns. He left the program ranking first in career catches, receiving yards and touchdowns.
In a corresponding move, the Raiders have released WR Tyler Johnson.
I have liked Tyler's potential.... don't know this Wilkerson kid at all. One thing though is that this system has a reputation as being a hard one for WR's to learn.

Retooling and Rebuilding is what I took away from it. Things can change but it doesn't sound like he is very happy or confident the team will win a lot more games this year.
Not sure where I put Adams this season, he was mostly incredible for a lot of the season, not sure why he couldn't have a pretty good year but something about Jimmy G already has him shaking his head or thinking 2024. There's no way they can trade him and they moved a lot fo things to get him in the first place.

Doesn't see eye to eye with the FO and likely the coaching staff, that just doesn't sound like it ends well.

Retooling and Rebuilding is what I took away from it. Things can change but it doesn't sound like he is very happy or confident the team will win a lot more games this year.
Not sure where I put Adams this season, he was mostly incredible for a lot of the season, not sure why he couldn't have a pretty good year but something about Jimmy G already has him shaking his head or thinking 2024. There's no way they can trade him and they moved a lot fo things to get him in the first place.

Doesn't see eye to eye with the FO and likely the coaching staff, that just doesn't sound like it ends well.
Jimmy G aint Davantes boy yo
anyone other than Carr or Rodgers aint gonna cut it

We saw Adams go stretches without a target in games last year, people question Josh McDaniels in general, it just seems inevitable they will be looking for another Head Coach in the not too distant future. If the Raiders go 6-11 this year, is McDaniels coming back for Year 3?

Well, Anthony Richardson yooooooo
I actually love trading down, picking up a few assets, and rolling the dice on this guy instead. Whatever we do, I want it to be all in at QB under age 30-ish. Fields, Levis, Richardson, whatever.
People seem to forget how he mentally imploded against Kentucky.
He did but so did the coaching staff. I would toss that out the window, Richardson wasn't done any favors.

Of course Davante is PO’d. He was duped and lured into signing a contract with an organization he thought was on the rise, or at least in a better position to be a playoff contender than the Packers. Plus he got to play with his college buddy again. Once Carr was benched, everything changed. It went from playoff team missing a few pieces, to now, full blown rebuild.

Adams has done great with Rodgers and Carr with their arm strength that can push the ball downfield. Jimmy G doesn't have that arm being below NFL average. He lives on the short passes. It could be that Adams is frustrated with that.

That being said, Adams has one of.... if not the best... get off the line. He can eat on short routes too. Will he be as effective with Jimmy G at QB? I don't know.

In terms of physical talent- Jimmy G is a significant downgrade from Carr. However, in terms of being a system QB, Jimmy G is an upgrade over Carr. Does that wash out? Does that give Jimmy G the edge? I don't know. I can say that we say times that less talented QB's, including Jimmy G, have success being system QB's in NE. Cassel, Brissett and Jimmy G all did well being system QB's in NE when given the chance. Cassel and Brissett have shown without doubt that that is all they were- system QB's. Jimmy G had some success in a different system but also one that relied on a strong running game and short passing... so an argument can be made, different system but still a system QB (and yes, I would make that argument).

How will it pan out? I don't know.... we shall see.

The biggest part of this to me though is that it seems to continue to spotlight that McD may not have this locker room or at least not have half the team (you know, the half that are not NE imports). That to me is more concerning that Adams not being happy or if Jimmy G can play a higher level than Carr.

We saw Adams go stretches without a target in games last year, people question Josh McDaniels in general, it just seems inevitable they will be looking for another Head Coach in the not too distant future. If the Raiders go 6-11 this year, is McDaniels coming back for Year 3?
Davis seems to be showing patience right now. Assuming this season isn't a total absolute Lions or Browns at their poopiest... and just a run of the mill 20 years worth of losing that we have lived through as Raiders fans, I think he is given that year 3 and then would be on the hot seat. I don't think he is on hot seat this year unless they are basically 0-17 or 1-16 type of trash.

Adams has done great with Rodgers and Carr with their arm strength that can push the ball downfield. Jimmy G doesn't have that arm being below NFL average. He lives on the short passes. It could be that Adams is frustrated with that.

That being said, Adams has one of.... if not the best... get off the line. He can eat on short routes too. Will he be as effective with Jimmy G at QB? I don't know.

In terms of physical talent- Jimmy G is a significant downgrade from Carr. However, in terms of being a system QB, Jimmy G is an upgrade over Carr. Does that wash out? Does that give Jimmy G the edge? I don't know. I can say that we say times that less talented QB's, including Jimmy G, have success being system QB's in NE. Cassel, Brissett and Jimmy G all did well being system QB's in NE when given the chance. Cassel and Brissett have shown without doubt that that is all they were- system QB's. Jimmy G had some success in a different system but also one that relied on a strong running game and short passing... so an argument can be made, different system but still a system QB (and yes, I would make that argument).

The biggest part of this to me though is that it seems to continue to spotlight that McD may not have this locker room or at least not have half the team (you know, the half that are not NE imports). That to me is more concerning that Adams not being happy or if Jimmy G can play a higher level than Carr.
And this is all assuming JimmyG can stay healthy for a full 17 games. If Adams has to catch passes from Hoyer or O’Connell, I bet he’d change his tune real quick about playing with Jordan Love. I will never feel sorry for anyone making as much money as him, but it sure sounds like he has buyer’s remorse right now.

And this is all assuming JimmyG can stay healthy for a full 17 games. If Adams has to catch passes from Hoyer or O’Connell, I bet he’d change his tune real quick about playing with Jordan Love. I will never feel sorry for anyone making as much money as him, but it sure sounds like he has buyer’s remorse right now.
I wouldn't be able to take anyone serious if they thought Adams would be yelling LET'S GO! When they let Carr go (for nothing) and brought in Jimmy G. It was obvious that Adams would be let down about this... the question has always been "how much". Like, will he be upset but shrug it off and get to work or would he go into full meltdown mode demanding a trade. It seems like we are landing somewhere in between those.

We KNOW that Adams on the Raider would NOT have happened if not for Carr. Then you don't even give them a full year with them together. Yea, no, he isn't happy about that.

I just did a lookup of JG injury history - Sep 18, 2016NFLShoulder A/C Joint SprainGaroppolo returned to the #2 role behind Tom Brady in Week 5.Sep 23, 2018NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Garoppolo tore his left ACL late in Week 3 and missed the rest of the season. He had surgery Oct. 3.Sep 20, 2020NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Garoppolo picked up a high right ankle sprain during the Week 2 win against the Jets. He missed two gamesNov 1, 2020NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Garoppolo suffered an ankle injury during Week 8's contest at Seattle. He missed the rest of the season.Oct 3, 2021NFLLeg Calf StrainGaroppolo sustained a calf injury during Week 4's contest against the Seahawks. He missed one game.Dec 23, 2021NFLHand Thumb FractureGaroppolo sustained a fracture in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee.Dec 23, 2021NFLHand Thumb Torn LigamentGaroppolo sustained a UCL tear in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee. He played the 49ers' final four games (including the playoffs) with a torn thumb ligamentJan 16, 2022NFLShoulderGaroppolo suffered a shoulder sprain in the wild-card win over the CowboysDec 4, 2022NFLPedal Foot FractureJimmy G was carted off in the 1st quarter. He's out for the regular season with a broken foot.

I love what you wrote at the end of the post. I think that is what i am trying to put forth, I basically have no respect for the Head Coach so I am going to side with Adams due to my bias nature.
I understand the Leather from Alabama was perhaps a draft bust but to run the guy out 1 year in, to me it showed that McDaniels ego was always going to be a problem.
It's like a Lion taking over the Pride and then killing all the cubs that are not his offspring.
I agree with you that I anticipate some locker room chatter over the summer if not sooner, we're already getting drips.

Jacobs and Adams are nice pieces to have on offense. I would expect JJ to dig in a little and not sign the franchise tag. JJ has no leverage but maybe he can push for a trade out of there.
Adams is stuck. The draft capital and also he's getting paid a lot of money to put up with the heartache of not competing for a title.
An Adams-McDaniels confrontation is one I would like to listen in on

I just did a lookup of JG injury history - Sep 18, 2016NFLShoulder A/C Joint SprainGaroppolo returned to the #2 role behind Tom Brady in Week 5.Sep 23, 2018NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Garoppolo tore his left ACL late in Week 3 and missed the rest of the season. He had surgery Oct. 3.Sep 20, 2020NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Garoppolo picked up a high right ankle sprain during the Week 2 win against the Jets. He missed two gamesNov 1, 2020NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Garoppolo suffered an ankle injury during Week 8's contest at Seattle. He missed the rest of the season.Oct 3, 2021NFLLeg Calf StrainGaroppolo sustained a calf injury during Week 4's contest against the Seahawks. He missed one game.Dec 23, 2021NFLHand Thumb FractureGaroppolo sustained a fracture in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee.Dec 23, 2021NFLHand Thumb Torn LigamentGaroppolo sustained a UCL tear in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee. He played the 49ers' final four games (including the playoffs) with a torn thumb ligamentJan 16, 2022NFLShoulderGaroppolo suffered a shoulder sprain in the wild-card win over the CowboysDec 4, 2022NFLPedal Foot FractureJimmy G was carted off in the 1st quarter. He's out for the regular season with a broken foot.
This is like when the jury has to look at the crime scene photos
:x

Davis seems to be showing patience right now. Assuming this season isn't a total absolute Lions or Browns at their poopiest... and just a run of the mill 20 years worth of losing that we have lived through as Raiders fans, I think he is given that year 3 and then would be on the hot seat. I don't think he is on hot seat this year unless they are basically 0-17 or 1-16 type of trash.
Agreed. Davis took a big risk not listening to the players pleas to keep Coach B around after the 2021 season. He chose to blow it all up and start over. He has to give McDaniels and Ziegler time. And don’t take the Tom Brady news lightly. While he’d only own a small part of the team and publicly he would have no say in decision-making, I’d bet behind the scenes he would have a lot to say about how this organization needs to move forward. Especially when he’s financially invested, how could he not get a little emotionally invested as well?

Yea, chances are he doesn't make it through a year. I mean, who is going to take the bet that he does. Not me.

I love what you wrote at the end of the post. I think that is what i am trying to put forth, I basically have no respect for the Head Coach so I am going to side with Adams due to my bias nature.
I understand the Leather from Alabama was perhaps a draft bust but to run the guy out 1 year in, to me it showed that McDaniels ego was always going to be a problem.
It's like a Lion taking over the Pride and then killing all the cubs that are not his offspring.
I agree with you that I anticipate some locker room chatter over the summer if not sooner, we're already getting drips.

Jacobs and Adams are nice pieces to have on offense. I would expect JJ to dig in a little and not sign the franchise tag. JJ has no leverage but maybe he can push for a trade out of there.
Adams is stuck. The draft capital and also he's getting paid a lot of money to put up with the heartache of not competing for a title.
RB's just don't get paid anymore but if we end up losing Jacobs and walk away with less than value for him.... I will riot. A one man freaking riot.

Agreed. Davis took a big risk not listening to the players pleas to keep Coach B around after the 2021 season. He chose to blow it all up and start over. He has to give McDaniels and Ziegler time. And don’t take the Tom Brady news lightly. While he’d only own a small part of the team and publicly he would have no say in decision-making, I’d bet behind the scenes he would have a lot to say about how this organization needs to move forward. Especially when he’s financially invested, how could he not get a little emotionally invested as well?
Ego invested. He made the call to fire Coach B after he clearly had the total buy in of the locker room and the team battled through a ridiculous, unprecedented, year to make the playoffs and goes to McD who had a disastrous HC attempt before and a bizarre spurn of Indy for the job later. If you fire him now.... you look REALLY dumb, if not for anything else, ego will push it to give them at least 3 years unless they just totally meltdown.

RB's just don't get paid anymore but if we end up losing Jacobs and walk away with less than value for him.... I will riot. A one man freaking riot.
Is Jacobs the most under-hyped rushing leader in the past 20 years or what? I think JJ is perfectly happy with McD’s offense, he just wants his money and I don’t blame him. RBs get screwed in my opinion. They are under paid early in their careers and rarely live up to their 2nd contracts which makes it hard for teams to want to invest that much money in them. I hope he can stay in Vegas, but I won’t blame him if he moves on for more money, he has like 8 kids to feed lol.

Is Jacobs the most under-hyped rushing leader in the past 20 years or what? I think JJ is perfectly happy with McD’s offense, he just wants his money and I don’t blame him. RBs get screwed in my opinion. They are under paid early in their careers and rarely live up to their 2nd contracts which makes it hard for teams to want to invest that much money in them. I hope he can stay in Vegas, but I won’t blame him if he moves on for more money, he has like 8 kids to feed lol.
RB's have the shortest career lengths and now get paid the least of skilled positions. It sucks but when you can draft a kids in the 3rd or later and get good production out of them for the position it hurts. It is basic economics = supply and demand. He is clearly one of the best in the NFL and it would make me very unhappy if we weren't able to figure out a way to keep him around for a few years.

BTW.... do you guys remember the guy coming in saying Jacobs was average or something like that? And quoted some obscure stat that I had never heard of as evidence? I don't think I have seen him around this thread in a while.

RB's have the shortest career lengths and now get paid the least of skilled positions. It sucks but when you can draft a kids in the 3rd or later and get good production out of them for the position it hurts. It is basic economics = supply and demand. He is clearly one of the best in the NFL and it would make me very unhappy if we weren't able to figure out a way to keep him around for a few years.

BTW.... do you guys remember the guy coming in saying Jacobs was average or something like that? And quoted some obscure stat that I had never heard of as evidence? I don't think I have seen him around this thread in a while.
Was that the guy who called him a poor man’s Cam Akers, or something to that effect? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread