What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NCAA quarter draft (2 Viewers)

I know I'll be on the clock in the morning. Usually up and at 'em by 630 PT. The 5am texts for Cake were swell and all but just let grumpy bear sleep....
Agreed, we are almost 60% done in one day, best ever. We have til noon EDT on Thursday. We'll be done tomorrow
Yeah this is probably around my tenth year doing this and I think that was the most efficient single day to date. We are on a great pace and usually the last round flies by.
I wish we would have waited a bit...i'm just now studying teams. lol

I know I'll be on the clock in the morning. Usually up and at 'em by 630 PT. The 5am texts for Cake were swell and all but just let grumpy bear sleep....
Agreed, we are almost 60% done in one day, best ever. We have til noon EDT on Thursday. We'll be done tomorrow
Yeah this is probably around my tenth year doing this and I think that was the most efficient single day to date. We are on a great pace and usually the last round flies by.
I don't even look at the bracket until Thursday. Have cashed in this thing basically every year just using vegas odds.

Yeah I rushed a couple of times yesterday.

I will say though that, so far, this draft has been pretty impressive. I don't think at any point I've thought to myself that somebody made a bad pick. I think GM took Kansas too early, but that's about it and even that wasn't terrible.

:coffee:
Apparently he hasn't had coffee yet.

GM, my kids had me up at 5:00 PST you must have it easy in your household.

Well, if by easy you mean my daughter waking me up at 2am to tell me she barfed all over her floor then yeah, sure this is a breeze. Yeah norovirus!

Alabama
Miami

Go Football* Schools

*Miami hasn't been a football school in 20 years, ha ha, FU Cristobal!

@shuke

I will say though that, so far, this draft has been pretty impressive. I don't think at any point I've thought to myself that somebody made a bad pick. I think GM took Kansas too early, but that's about it and even that wasn't terrible.

I did, but I've also been torched in these things by getting too cute. And drafting last at the turn changes strategy a little. I want a little chalk sprinkled in with some live dogs. I am okay missing out on a home run so long as I don't go down on strikes by the Sweet 16.

I hate Alabama and think Nate Oats is a slime bucket but I also think Alabama wins this thing.

I did, but I've also been torched in these things by getting too cute. And drafting last at the turn changes strategy a little. I want a little chalk sprinkled in with some live dogs. I am okay missing out on a home run so long as I don't go down on strikes by the Sweet 16.

I hate Alabama and think Nate Oats is a slime bucket but I also think Alabama wins this thing.
Yeah I think Alabama was a good pick where you just took them.

And, your analysis isn't wrong. If you want to hedge against losing a lot then taking Kansas there make sense. It's just hard to make it rain buckets of quarters by taking a one seed in the 4th.

:coffee:
Apparently he hasn't had coffee yet.

GM, my kids had me up at 5:00 PST you must have it easy in your household.

Well, if by easy you mean my daughter waking me up at 2am to tell me she barfed all over her floor then yeah, sure this is a breeze. Yeah norovirus!
Ohhh ouch. Sorry!

For what it's worth I have Alabama as #31 in this format with an implied 15% chance of winning.

For what it's worth I have Alabama as #31 in this format with an implied 15% chance of winning.

In the interest of cosmic karma, I hope they lose in the first round. I'd love nothing more than to see their smug head coach wallowing in an early defeat. Happy to pay you folks a few bucks to make that happen.

But, I also think this is the best team in college basketball so.....

In the interest of cosmic karma, I hope they lose in the first round. I'd love nothing more than to see their smug head coach wallowing in an early defeat. Happy to pay you folks a few bucks to make that happen.

Yeah, it's just a funky format. A 12 seed wins their first game and gets you more quarters than a 1 seed making the championship. Almost need a bit of a bump for rounds 4-5-6 here to compensate but then you get a 13 seed in the final four and 7 people go full Linus.

Yeah, it's just a funky format. A 12 seed wins their first game and gets you more quarters than a 1 seed making the championship. Almost need a bit of a bump for rounds 4-5-6 here to compensate but then you get a 13 seed in the final four and 7 people go full Linus.
I'd be open to like a 2x bonus if your time is a 1 or 2 seed and it makes the final four (so 2x bonuses those rounds). This at least makes the presumably best teams a little bit more relevant.

sent zow picks in case I'm not around.
Got them. I should be able to make the selections once Penguin goes.

I got an informal lunch meeting from 12:00 - 1:00 PST so somebody text me if Culdeus is up during that time I'll excuse myself from the meeting and pick.

I got an informal lunch meeting from 12:00 - 1:00 PST so somebody text me if Culdeus is up during that time I'll excuse myself from the meeting and pick.

Do you have Penguin's picks? Says you've got them on Excel. You can PM me if you need to scoot. I'm here for the next few hours.

Do you have Penguin's picks? Says you've got them on Excel. You can PM me if you need to scoot. I'm here for the next few hours.
No, I believe that is Culdeus's typing and he put the comment in the wrong row.

This is the guy doing hard core statistical analysis on this thing? Starting to see why Alabama got spit so far down the rankings....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is the guy doing hard core statistical analysis on this thing? Starting to see why Alabama got spit so far down the rankings....
It's a spreadsheet I made in 2009, it's nothing fancy. Copy, paste, pick.

Ken Pomeroy
@kenpomeroy

In the 64-team era, there have been 36 teams to enter the tournament as a 1 or 2 seed that weren't ranked in the preseason AP poll. They have combined for zero Final Fours, averaging fewer than 2 wins per tournament. Good luck to Purdue and Marquette.

Just hoping you guys let Purdue fall to 8.6 so I can get a point or two from my last pick :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ken Pomeroy
@kenpomeroy

In the 64-team era, there have been 36 teams to enter the tournament as a 1 or 2 seed that weren't ranked in the preseason AP poll. They have combined for zero Final Fours, averaging fewer than 2 wins per tournament. Good luck to Purdue and Marquette.

How many teams that have been preseason ranked AP 1 or 2 have missed out in the Final Four in the 64 team era?

I mean, they had North Carolina #1 this year soooooo.......

Users who are viewing this thread