What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NCAA quarter draft (1 Viewer)

The Super Star Freshmen one and done guys are not goingf to win you a championship, it's the seniors, super seniors etc

I'm just a regular guy so take my advice with a little grain of salt but do not discredit it as it comes with a lot of merit

East Region collapse - Thursday March 16th - So sorry Rick Barnes (BTW, one of my brothers best friend in the past 30 years, Bye Rick)

Last edited:
Other teams I would have been high on but seemed to get unlucky with their draws:

Oral Roberts (this team is good but Duke as a five is nearly the favorite in the region and was my 1.2)
NC State (talented, but Creighton was my 1.1)
Grand Canyon (feisty team but Gonzaga is the best three seed and my pick to come out of that region)
Florida Atlantic (likely beat other 8 seeds but Memphis is the best 8 seed and I had Memphis as a first round pick despite even being an 8 seed)
Northwestern (solid team with a makeup to make a run, but ran in Boise St. who are favored as a 10-seed)
Texas - 2 seed is fair but will really be challenged by the winner of AM and Penn St. Then they'll have to deal with the likely winner between Iowa St. and Xavier. Finally, they start off against a really good 3-point shooting team
Purdue - Hard to feel too badly for them as they snuck in as the last 1 seed, but man that region has some really other tough teams (Memphis, Kentucky, Duke, Marquette all can get to the final four)

Other teams I would have been high on but seemed to get unlucky with their draws:

Oral Roberts (this team is good but Duke as a five is nearly the favorite in the region and was my 1.2)
Grand Canyon (feisty team but Gonzaga is the best three seed and my pick to come out of that region)
Florida Atlantic (likely beat other 8 seeds but Memphis is the best 8 seed and I had Memphis as a first round pick despite even being an 8 seed)
Northwestern (solid team with a makeup to make a run, but ran in Boise St. who are favored as a 10-seed)
Texas - 2 seed is fair but will really be challenged by the winner of AM and Penn St. Then they'll have to deal with the likely winner between Iowa St. and Xavier. Finally, they start off against a really good 3-point shooting team
Purdue - Hard to feel too badly for them as they snuck in as the last 1 seed, but man that region has some really other tough teams (Memphis, Kentucky, Duke, Marquette all can get to the final four)
why didn't you take Memphis instead of Gonzaga, then?

why didn't you take Memphis instead of Gonzaga, then?
Because I had Gonzaga as a higher first round pick. As stated, I have them winning their entire region.

My top 8 were:
Creighton
Duke
Kentucky
Texas AM
Gonzaga
Utah St.
Memphis
Boise St.

5.4 Penn State
This pick will get for some quarters
I love Penn St. but Texas A&M is a really bad draw. And, even if they get past A&M, there's roughly a 25% chance they get past Texas, just a terrible draw
Agreed. I love penn state as a 10, but AM is the best 7 seed and I had AM in my top 5 overall. So, I never considered Penn St. before the back half of the draft.
I think A&M was underseeded for sure, but I think Penn State is a terrible matchup for them.

5.4 Penn State
I love Penn St. but Texas A&M is a really bad draw. And, even if they get past A&M, there's roughly a 25% chance they get past Texas, just a terrible draw
Agreed. I love penn state as a 10, but AM is the best 7 seed and I had AM in my top 5 overall. So, I never considered Penn St. before the back half of the draft.
I think A&M was underseeded for sure, but I think Penn State is a terrible matchup for them.
Great game to just sit on the sidelines and watch

5.4 Penn State
I hope you're right!

5.4 Penn State
Agree, but they have to also beat two tough teams back-to-back. As such, I stared clear.

Since this was my first time, I didn’t share or ask for tips, etc. but one of the thoughts that kept creeping into my mind was hedging. Take the 8 and 9.

Take Princeton when you have AZ. I almost pulled the trigger on Princeton in the 7th for a hedge but chickened out.

Since this was my first time, I didn’t share or ask for tips, etc. but one of the thoughts that kept creeping into my mind was hedging. Take the 8 and 9.

Take Princeton when you have AZ. I almost pulled the trigger on Princeton in the 7th for a hedge but chickened out.
You did the right thing. I thought about something similar for a second when selections were winding down and my best choice, imo, was a team that was going against myself in the first round.

It's lame, like those fake gambling parties. Go for it. Plus, it's only quarters, we're not writing covered calls here, it's just some March Madness pool.

5.4 Penn State
Agree, but they have to also beat two tough teams back-to-back. As such, I stared clear.
Told you

• Love
Reactions: Zow

I don't like the 8/9 "hedge" as it just limits your maximum winning potential (though I've done it when I thought either team was a live underdog against the top seed - much like Memphis/FAU), but matching a team in the last round to a 1or 2 seed is absolutely a strategy I tend to employ every year.

5.4 Penn State
Told you
You talkin to me? Did you miss the part where I said "Agree" to the post saying "Penn State is a terrible matchup for them"? My point was simply that's why I "steered clear" of that matchup. Because that next matchup ain't gonna be so easy.

LOFL @ "Told you". It's one game, in the first round. And a 10 vs a 7 seed, OMG! You picked a 2 1/2 point dog and came here to crow about it? :lmao:

Go check Quarters #2, if you're so enthused and proud about this first little day.

5.4 Penn State
Told you
You talkin to me? Did you miss the part where I said "Agree" to the post saying "Penn State is a terrible matchup for them"? My point was simply that's why I "steered clear" of that matchup. Because that next matchup ain't gonna be so easy.

LOFL @ "Told you". It's one game, in the first round. And a 10 vs a 7 seed, OMG! You picked a 2 1/2 point dog and came here to crow about it? :lmao:

Go check Quarters #2, if you're so enthused and proud about this first little day.
No, really to the thread

Updated. Won't be updating any more today. You know which games you've won.

If USC doesn't pull off a win here I'm in big trouble.

I don't like the 8/9 "hedge" as it just limits your maximum winning potential (though I've done it when I thought either team was a live underdog against the top seed - much like Memphis/FAU), but matching a team in the last round to a 1or 2 seed is absolutely a strategy I tend to employ every year.
Brilliant strategy!

Users who are viewing this thread