What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Jets are not heartless like the Falcons, Chargers, and Patriots. We believe in fourth chances. (1 Viewer)

Lot of slanderous rumors Rodgers miracle cure included pharmaceuticals not approved by the FDA. Terrible that people would say such a thing.

Lot of slanderous rumors Rodgers miracle cure included pharmaceuticals not approved by the FDA. Terrible that people would say such a thing.
Yeah it's not like he has a history of taking experimental herbs or scoffing at modern medicine or being deceptive regarding what he has or hasn't taken

Can the owner fire his other owner brother? This might be the first time in history a player gets an owner fired.
So which brother should stay? The one who has a 20+ year track record of failure or the brother who was awful for 4 years and hired Adam Gase?

A Sophie's choice of which turd smells less....

I've got tix for Sunday, this seemed like a good idea back in August, lol, bringing my daughters to a game for the first time, they've been invested in this $$$tshow from the jump with me and despite all the pain and suffering we have watched every minute together including all preseason and hard knocks.

All we need is a win this week, a win next week, then Willis, err Aaron then suits up for Mia and they finish running the table, lol.

It's great to be a delusional Jet fan.

tumbleweeds - speaks volumes.

As bad as Zach is - he seems to be the best of an awful lot. I know Semien only had a half but he looks like he has his entire career - lousy. I dont understand the constant "he still needs time to learn the system" nonsense - hes a pro and hes been here well over a month. At this point its over and even though Wilson is the best option I dont care who they play - lose out and get the best pick you can. If its at the top they absolutely have a responsibility to the franchise's future and the fans to draft a QB if one is there. It would be a great situation as we see Love benefitted from watching and learning for 2 yrs.

The O is historically bad and it is mind boggling that no one of consequence will lose their jobs for it - what a disaster

Not much else to say. Its embarrassing and unwatchable. They're an absolute laughing stock. It should be absolutely impossible to have an offense this terrible in the 2023 NFL, but here we are.

I only watched the whole thing because I had Breece and the D in the must win fantasy game (Which I will likely lose. Man this year has been rough). But it was tough.

Obviously they would have lost anyway (because they can't score) but the refs were an absolute joke at the end of the first half. The call that wiped out the Hall INT was as soft as I've ever seen and the "hold" called on Wilson that wiped out a 13 yard Breece run wasn't even close. Just embarrassing that a bunch of 55 year old men that can't see straight get to decide the results of these games so often.

tumbleweeds - speaks volumes.

As bad as Zach is - he seems to be the best of an awful lot. I know Semien only had a half but he looks like he has his entire career - lousy. I dont understand the constant "he still needs time to learn the system" nonsense - hes a pro and hes been here well over a month. At this point its over and even though Wilson is the best option I dont care who they play - lose out and get the best pick you can. If its at the top they absolutely have a responsibility to the franchise's future and the fans to draft a QB if one is there. It would be a great situation as we see Love benefitted from watching and learning for 2 yrs.

The O is historically bad and it is mind boggling that no one of consequence will lose their jobs for it - what a disaster

Not much else to say. Its embarrassing and unwatchable. They're an absolute laughing stock. It should be absolutely impossible to have an offense this terrible in the 2023 NFL, but here we are.

I only watched the whole thing because I had Breece and the D in the must win fantasy game (Which I will likely lose. Man this year has been rough). But it was tough.

Obviously they would have lost anyway (because they can't score) but the refs were an absolute joke at the end of the first half. The call that wiped out the Hall INT was as soft as I've ever seen and the "hold" called on Wilson that wiped out a 13 yard Breece run wasn't even close. Just embarrassing that a bunch of 55 year old men that can't see straight get to decide the results of these games so often.

Its awful what theyve done to Hall. He and GW must be so frustrated - if not careful they could both leave.

This team is seriously an enigma - they beat two top teams in Buffalo and Philly - also could have beaten KC - yet they regress as the season goes for the 2d yr in a row.. I am so down on defensive coaches as a HC - they cant let the awful Gase decision stop them from going back to that well. Its a offensive league. - you can win with a great O and shaky D - you can win with the opposite.

As for the refs - awful as usual but when youre a bad team you dont get calls. Im used to it

And yes, at this point, I agree on the QB thing. They SHOULD pick one if a good one is there.

The problem is I dont trust this regime to evaluate them. And does Rodgers even stick around for another year if they do that? I could see him just retiring if he sees the current roster, realizes he's getting no help from either their first or 2nd round pick and deciding it aint worth the effort.

And yes, at this point, I agree on the QB thing. They SHOULD pick one if a good one is there.

The problem is I dont trust this regime to evaluate them. And does Rodgers even stick around for another year if they do that? I could see him just retiring if he sees the current roster, realizes he's getting no help from either their first or 2nd round pick and deciding it aint worth the effort.
I think at this point they need to sit down with him - agree to keep his band together for one more run next year and thats the concession. They absolutely cant risk future QB disaster to appease one year of Rodgers. Not to trade for Devante, not for much needed OL help, not a WR - if a stud QB is there they have to take him. Yes its a risk as JD picked Wilson but they just cant keep putting off a potential QB. I dont think Rodgers retires regardless - and he may complain about drafting a QB but i dont think it would keep him from returning

Problem is Woody and the Jets absolutely sold their soul to Rodgers - they cant even fire the OC presiding over the worst O in NFL history - how can we be confident they wont make any decision unless its ok by Rodgers. Based on that I fully expect a Devante trade with the 1st rder

The worst part about this? Even if New England beats the Jets, the Jets are likely are out of the top two picks. People laughed at others on the board when they intoned the Jets could be in the Caleb sweepstakes. Doesn't look like such a dumb statement at this point. If they hadn't pulled out that first miracle against Buffalo and hadn't played the Giants third QB and parlayed a rattled Hurts into four turnovers, the Jets would be looking at Williams or Maye. That would be encouraging for fans.

As it is, I think they go OL with their first pick and run it back next year. That's what I fear. Right now, they're sixth in the Tankathon standings. Texans, Commanders, Browns, Miami, and New England to go. There are three winnable games there. Bad for Jets if they did.

Its just a lousy situation all around.

Who the hell knows what this team will look like heading into the draft next year. If the O-line still has gaping holes.....how do you justify NOT spending a first rounder to fill one? It would just make no sense. You're paying a 41 year old QB a bajillion dollars....so its clearly a "super bowl or bust" (for lack of a better term) year. If you're gonna run him out there behind a lousy O-line again.....what's even the point?

It doesn't seem like the Jets are going to be quite bad enough to get one of the top 2 guys. New England isn't going to win 2 more games and Carolina certainly wont win 3 more. You can't possibly justify trading up.....so are the 2nd tier guys really any good? Good enough to basically throw in the towel on the Rodgers gambit? I honestly have no idea.

You can't possibly justify trading up.....so are the 2nd tier guys really any good? Good enough to basically throw in the towel on the Rodgers gambit? I honestly have no idea.

These are great questions I don't know the answer to. I don't see how you throw in the towel on the Rodgers thing. They're pot committed.

What a disaster this has been.

I think they raise the pot and go get D. Adams, who is getting old, and use cap space on the offensive line. Huff walks most likely because you need to solve the offensive line, which is a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised.

You can't possibly justify trading up.....so are the 2nd tier guys really any good? Good enough to basically throw in the towel on the Rodgers gambit? I honestly have no idea.

These are great questions I don't know the answer to. I don't see how you throw in the towel on the Rodgers thing. They're pot committed.

What a disaster this has been.

I think they raise the pot and go get D. Adams, who is getting old, and use cap space on the offensive line. Huff walks most likely because you need to solve the offensive line, which is a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I think this is the deal.

The ideal scenario is that Adams throws a fit and forces his way out of Vegas to play with Aaron. And then you play hard ball and see if you can get him without giving up this year's first rounder. (offer them next year's #1 plus this year's #3 and some other stuff) Then you spend this year's #1 on the best O-lineman you can get. (and fill in the other 2 spots....assuming they let Becton walk and cut Tomlinson....with the best free agents you can get)

Maybe that's pie in the sky but the guy is about to turn 31 years old. And Vegas is likely rebuilding again.

And then you play hard ball and see if you can get him without giving up this year's first rounder.

I took it for granted that I don't there's any question they won't want to give up a first. I should have stated it, but it was implicit. They're going to be hoping Vegas looks at it as a salary dump. You can't give up your first for Adams. You need it for the line.

They take whatever QB is there where they pick - Daniel’s, Penix, whoever regardless of Rodgers since he’ll probably only play next year only.

Keep drafting one till you find one.

They take whatever QB is there where they pick - Daniel’s, Penix, whoever regardless of Rodgers since he’ll probably only play next year only.

Great tweet I saw yesterday: “Use Siemien to tank for Penix”

And then you play hard ball and see if you can get him without giving up this year's first rounder.

I took it for granted that I don't there's any question they won't want to give up a first. I should have stated it, but it was implicit. They're going to be hoping Vegas looks at it as a salary dump. You can't give up your first for Adams. You need it for the line.
This is what scares me as well - Raiders gave up a lot to get Adams and Im not so sure they'll look at it as a dump. Looking at overthecap - Raiders would get hit with $25M in dead money if cut or traded before 6/1 - if traded after 6/1 it drops to $7M. I could see a post draft deal - maybe the Jets could get him with their 2d rder next year - under no circumstances should they trade a top 10 pick for Adams - even if Rodgers wants it

This is shaping up as an All-Time great OL draft class, especially at OT. It's loaded and they need to pour every ounce of investment in the OL as they possibly can.

They do also need more receiving help but if they prioritize Adams over OL it's going to be another disaster next season.

IF - and a big If as seems like a bunch of internet nonsense - if Wilson says he doesnt want to play Jts should be able to terminate his contract. Would be amazing but no way they are that lucky.

BTW the memes are hysterical - gotta laugh at this point!

This is shaping up as an All-Time great OL draft class, especially at OT. It's loaded and they need to pour every ounce of investment in the OL as they possibly can.

They do also need more receiving help but if they prioritize Adams over OL it's going to be another disaster next season.

I don’t want Adam’s unless it’s for free or a third day pick (neither which will happen). Don’t disagree about the OL though but we can’t go into next season with the hope Rodgers is back and healthy and even able to play at a respectable level otherwise we’re in for a redo of this season.

whispers that Boyle was the leak on the Wilson comment which is why he was shipped out. Rypien is awful as well so not much to see here

The Joe Benigno/Saleh "textgate" is one of the craziest stories I can remember - what is a HC doing texting with essentially an uber fan - then Joe turns around and talks all about the texts without an issue - only the Jets!

As a Dolphin fan I feel bad for this Jets train wreck. They went all in on AA-ron and this injury really may have set them back a half decade. (I like to beat the Jets whenever we can, but the rivalry is way more fun when we are taking each others' souls)

They will end the season bad enough to get a decent pick, but Drafting a QB is asking for AA to be grumpy. So you almost have to stay on this merry go round for 2024 and watch New England get a QB.

If Adams is on the table, the smart move would be Adams and the Raiders #1 pick for the Jets #1 and #3 picks or so. Raiders get their QB of the future and the Jets can take an O lineman and keep AA happy and then regroup as Miami hits their "cap hell" decision time in 2025 or 2026. This assumes the raiders eek out another win or two putting them around 15 or so and the jets stay in the top 6.

The Jets need to fix their O line and their backup QB. They can't keep Zach on the team (or they can but its really dumb). I'd draft a later round "project" QB and get a decent Veteran for the QB room (Brissett Maybe?)

Thankfully I'll be traveling on Sunday and won't have to watch
It’s supposed to be close to 60 degrees. I’ll find something outside to do or catch whatever they show on redzone (which would likely be mostly Houston on offense).
these ae the games where being a season ticketholder is tough. 3 home games in a row of awful football. We make the best of it with a killer tailgate but I wind up leaving early in the 4th because...well who cares at this point lol

Users who are viewing this thread