What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

This was a fun read.

What did the Eagles get in return for trading Carson Wentz?

<jump to the end>

Summary

Here's what the Eagles ultimately gained with the draft capital from the Wentz trade:
  1. Jalen Carter (with the help of a future fourth-round pick).
  2. Draft picks that served as supplemental ammo in trades for DeVonta Smith, A.J. Brown, and Kyron Johnson.
  3. A 2024 second-round pick.
The trade of Wentz also cleared the way for Jalen Hurts to become the starter, and he played like an MVP throughout the regular season and in the playoffs in 2022. The Eagles also easily beat Wentz in a Week 3 blowout in Washington in 2022, largely because Wentz stunk.

This was a fun read.

<jump to the end>

Summary

Here's what the Eagles ultimately gained with the draft capital from the Wentz trade:
  2. Draft picks that served as supplemental ammo in trades for DeVonta Smith, A.J. Brown, and Kyron Johnson.
The trade of Wentz also cleared the way for Jalen Hurts to become the starter, and he played like an MVP throughout the regular season and in the playoffs in 2022. The Eagles also easily beat Wentz in a Week 3 blowout in Washington in 2022, largely because Wentz stunk.

At the time, I couldn't believe what we got for him. Also crazy that wentz is basically out of the league

This was a fun read.

<jump to the end>

Summary

At the time, I couldn't believe what we got for him. Also crazy that wentz is basically out of the league
Haha it is crazy. But the dude is a mental case both in the sense he is too sensitive and won't take coaching. So, dems da breaks. Still got paid enough to go duck hunting the rest of his life and drive bobcat tractors.

This was a fun read.

<jump to the end>

Summary

And the Eagles still get a 2nd round pick from that deal *next* year, so still not done. Crazy, Eagles still getting returns on that deal after Wentz is out of the league (maybe).

Eagles almost traded for Russel Wilson in ‘22 but Wilson nixed the move

Well the Eagles got lucky there (to say the least). Wow I can’t even imagine what this city would be like if Wilson was the QB lol. Sports radio is already bad enough with the Phillies/Sixers.

Eagles almost traded for Russel Wilson in ‘22 but Wilson nixed the move

Well the Eagles got lucky there (to say the least). Wow I can’t even imagine what this city would be like if Wilson was the QB lol. Sports radio is already bad enough with the Phillies/Sixers.

Wilson would be run out of town already and people would be calling for Nick and Howie's heads. Look I'm not a Hurts fan playing wise but I'm glad we have him over that clown. I've heard stories for yrs about Russ. I think Pete Carrol is a scumbag for what he did to USC but without him Russ doesn't have close to the career he's had. I also always wondered why the WR's and TE's wouldn't do well in SEA then go else where and do much better up to Lockett and Metcalf that was always the case

OTAs are over, next up will be training camp in late July,

Nick was hyping up Quez in his press conference today as the player that stood out the most, while most of the media reported on Christian Ellis having a great showing at LB (running with Nakobe Dean and the first team) in the two sessions they had access to. DeVonta Smith also got praise as looking even more improved, from those that could watch.

Nick was hyping up Quez in his press conference today as the player that stood out the most, while most of the media reported on Christian Ellis having a great showing at LB (running with Nakobe Dean and the first team) in the two sessions they had access to. DeVonta Smith also got praise as looking even more improved, from those that could watch.
Hearing, from Nick also, that Jalen Hurts looks improved as well. Which tbh, is expected since this is just his 4th year in the league. Exciting stuff.

Of course quez stood out in practice. He’s a great athlete but we will see what happens in the game.

Also, TIL that Todd pinkston is now the running backs coach for the chiefs.

Devonta is such a stud. I hope Ellis does emerge. We need a LB to step up

Of course quez stood out in practice. He’s a great athlete but we will see what happens in the game.

Really? That's kinda odd
Hey, Andy making a WR the RB coach isn't nearly as strange as him making the O-line coach the DC.
I heard that Andy has his plumber do his taxes and his secondaries coach make the team's travel arrangements.

Really? That's kinda odd
Hey, Andy making a WR the RB coach isn't nearly as strange as him making the O-line coach the DC.
I heard that Andy has his plumber do his taxes and his secondaries coach make the team's travel arrangements.
Seems to be working for him.

sanders sounds mad we didnt re sign him.
His comments on the superbowl arent that bad, he probably should have gotten more touches. but its not like he did anything with the touches he got. we couldnt run the ball

His comments on the superbowl arent that bad, he probably should have gotten more touches. but its not like he did anything with the touches he got. we couldnt run the ball
Its natural to be mad when someone says they don't want you. He should be happy though because he wasn't getting that money in Philly.

Its natural to be mad when someone says they don't want you. He should be happy though because he wasn't getting that money in Philly.

Hes lucky he got that money from anyone. Panthers are dumb

i dont disagree with the money comments above. but i personally think we did under-utiliize him, before and with Sirianni, and it's very possible that his best stat year is still ahead. plus i respect him for not making waves before and during the playoffs about the utilization rate because he for sure felt he could do more, whether that's true or not. i saw at least one interview with him on the Eagles youtube channel where he just said he will trust the coaches on play calling and moved on when asked about it. in a contract year, lots of these guys would have made more noise.

Had his fumble 6 been reversed and counted we’re talking about how his and Hurts fumbles cost them the game probably instead. Maybe Sanders should’ve stayed healthier and maybe not had butter fingers when carrying the ball. Also maybe listen to coaches a little better than he had.

i dont disagree with the money comments above. but i personally think we did under-utiliize him, before and with Sirianni, and it's very possible that his best stat year is still ahead. plus i respect him for not making waves before and during the playoffs about the utilization rate because he for sure felt he could do more, whether that's true or not. i saw at least one interview with him on the Eagles youtube channel where he just said he will trust the coaches on play calling and moved on when asked about it. in a contract year, lots of these guys would have made more noise.
Dude couldn’t hold onto the ball in big moments and was constantly hurt. Availability is a great trait to have but when you struggle with that, plus put the ball on the ground your chances and touches diminish immensely

Since it's a slow time of year, how would you spend $15 to build an all Eagles offense?

personally, I'd go:
QB Vick
RB Watters
WR Brown
WR Owens
TE Goedert

Not sure if those egos could work together, but would be fun.

I did this yesterday

QB: Cunningham
RB: Watters
WR: Smith
WR: Barnett
TE: Goedert

Ertz should be on this list but not sure what he's not.
Yeah, it's a very odd omission.

Since it's a slow time of year, how would you spend $15 to build an all Eagles offense?

personally, I'd go:
QB Vick
RB Watters
WR Brown
WR Owens
TE Goedert

I did this yesterday

Yea now that you mention it. Ertz should be the $3 and Lewis the $1. Or Ertz $4, Goeddert $3 and Lewis $1.

personally, I'd go:
QB Vick
RB Watters
WR Brown
WR Owens
TE Goedert

I did this yesterday

Yea now that you mention it. Ertz should be the $3 and Lewis the $1. Or Ertz $4, Goeddert $3 and Lewis $1.

There’s a few guys here that were cheaper then they should be it’s why I splurged on Randal and TE and took Barnett at his value no brainer

Vick
Westbrook
Brown
Smith
Goedert

When I saw this post a few days ago it did get me thinking about what if Waters was playing in the NFL today. Not too many physical runners that are above average pass catchers.

Vick
Westbrook
Brown
Smith
Goedert

When I saw this post a few days ago it did get me thinking about what if Waters was playing in the NFL today. Not too many physical runners that are above average pass catchers.
Think of Roger Craig in today's NFL.

Vick
Westbrook
Brown
Smith
Goedert

Think of Roger Craig in today's NFL.
Maybe it was the time period they played in, but both of these guys IIRC had pretty bad overally YPC. I think both had some multiple sub 4.0 years, yet are regarded as some of the best at their position when they played. Roger Craig's dual threat ability not withstanding.

You guys have probably seen this but if you haven’t I figured you’d get a kick out of this…

Yea was a couple years ago when Agholar was still on the team.

Idk give me Westbrook or Mccoy over watters all day long
Sure, but in this format I'll save a couple bucks to spend elsewhere. I figure Watters behind the current line and with an actual passing attack, his numbers would be darn impressive. Remember he had Rodney Peete and Ty Detmer as his QBs those seasons.

It’s not a bad idea. I’d honestly want gamblers to sue the NBA with the amount of corruption there and they could use the Donaghey event as exhibit A

I don’t want to hijack the thread but you can’t sue because it’s all entertainment anyway. In other words, Theyre legally allowed to massage the games.

“The web of laws applicable to sports, such as the Sports Bribery Act of 1964, only prohibits gambling-related corruption. There is no federal law explicitly preventing the clandestine manipulation of sporting events to enhance suspense. This gap is problematic. As with certain televised quiz shows decades ago, the in-game action of sporting events can be contrived in profit-maximizing ways. The federal law passed in the wake of the Quiz Show Scandal does not explicitly include televised sports; it only forbids deception of the public in connection with contests of an "intellectual" nature. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire are covered by the law. Football, basketball, and baseball are not.”

Since it's slow this might be a fun hijack, but I would assume the case would be not that Gannon rigged the game, but more gross negligence since he was allegedly distracted from the AZ head coaching offer (which was against NFL rules and he lied about). The whole thing is stupid and ridiculous, but interesting to discuss. I assume if this is real it will get thrown out instantly, but I do wonder if it wouldn't apply to what you're referencing above.

Since it's slow this might be a fun hijack, but I would assume the case would be not that Gannon rigged the game, but more gross negligence since he was allegedly distracted from the AZ head coaching offer (which was against NFL rules and he lied about). The whole thing is stupid and ridiculous, but interesting to discuss. I assume if this is real it will get thrown out instantly, but I do wonder if it wouldn't apply to what you're referencing above.
Right, the discussion/exercise was around if there could be a legal case and with the amount of pretty dicey litigious things that we see everyday, most legal experts would say it has potential merit to be brought, but chances for being successful pretty daunting. And, it would be a civil suit (not criminal) where you only need to prove there was a 51% chance (or more) the defendant is "guilty" of doing whatever it is they are accused of.

Thinking about which Eagle has ever had the highest fan approval rating and it has to be Kelce and his score right now would be 100/100. Even at his peak you have to figure there were some bigots in the fan base that didn't like Dawkins because of his "attitude" or something. And we know Hurts doesn't even have a 100 approval rating in this thread :lmao:

So, discounting the obvious like pulling an Aaron Hernandez or something else universally heinous, is there really anything he could ever do to ruin his 100 score? Tie the Lombardi to his bumper and drag it around the Linc parking lot? Retire as an Eagle then come back to play for Dallas?

90th anniversary of the Philadelphia Eagles being founded is July 8th and rumors are swirling that's when the alternate Kelly greens will be unveiled...

Thinking about which Eagle has ever had the highest fan approval rating and it has to be Kelce and his score right now would be 100/100. Even at his peak you have to figure there were some bigots in the fan base that didn't like Dawkins because of his "attitude" or something. And we know Hurts doesn't even have a 100 approval rating in this thread :lmao:

So, discounting the obvious like pulling an Aaron Hernandez or something else universally heinous, is there really anything he could ever do to ruin his 100 score? Tie the Lombardi to his bumper and drag it around the Linc parking lot? Retire as an Eagle then come back to play for Dallas?
He has to be the highest. I don't think anyone hates him even outside of Philly.

Who else could be in the convo? Goedert? Shady? T.O.? lol

Users who are viewing this thread