What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Nelson Mandela, Central Park 5, West Memphis 3, Big Dom. Yet another gross miscarriage of justice. Free Big Dom! (93 Viewers)

For the "Eagles played an Easy Schedule" guys - The Eagles have a 1st place schedule and are already 2-0 against division winners from last year including a game where they were up 20 on the Vikings and last night decidedly against the Tampa Bay Bucs where the defense feasted and the offense still put up 25 points while looking still not on the same page.
Just about the best team I’ve ever seen if I’m being honest 🤷🏻‍♂️

After the Cowboys performance last week, you should probably chill out with the passive aggressive attacks here.
Why do you guys always respond to him lol?

You're right, I just put him on ignore. Don't need to see anymore of his nonsense.

For the "Eagles played an Easy Schedule" guys - The Eagles have a 1st place schedule and are already 2-0 against division winners from last year including a game where they were up 20 on the Vikings and last night decidedly against the Tampa Bay Bucs where the defense feasted and the offense still put up 25 points while looking still not on the same page.

After the Cowboys performance last week, you should probably chill out with the passive aggressive attacks here.
on a complete side note, I think I find myself in a position I never, ever thought I would be. I think I am actually going to be a fan of the Cowpokes on week 5. Can't believe it myself, but the last 6-9 months of 49ers media and fan base has driven me to a place I never thought I could be.

funny world...

I'll never root for the Cowboys. Step 1 is to win the division.

on a complete side note, I think I find myself in a position I never, ever thought I would be. I think I am actually going to be a fan of the Cowpokes on week 5. Can't believe it myself, but the last 6-9 months of 49ers media and fan base has driven me to a place I never thought I could be.

funny world...

Same. Neither team really scare me. We have the defense to put both teams in a vice.

funny world...
I haven’t like SF since one of my buddies at School rooted for the penguins and 49ers and would constantly **** on Philly sports teams. He’s a big 49ers fan now but back then he just liked rooting against the hometown team.

Then with the SF giants I use to post on the Phillies forum where giants fans constantly trolled. Biggest group of complainers ever. When Posey got hurt they wanted the guy banned from baseball even saying he should die. Yep classy group SF has.

Point is SF fans have always been like this. You just don’t hear it as much because they are west coast. Sports wise one of the biggest bunch of complainers.

funny world...
Don’t do it, you’ll hate yourself after.

I wouldnt root for the Eagles if they were playing Al-Qaeda
That’s extreme

funny world...
Don’t do it, you’ll hate yourself after.

I wouldnt root for the Eagles if they were playing Al-Qaeda
That’s extreme
This is serious stuff

Our closest rival lost to a QB on his 5th career start last week.

Eagles play Sam Howell this week on his...5th career Start. Will show the division how you beat up on the young inexperienced QBs like we do.

funny world...

Same. Neither team really scare me. We have the defense to put both teams in a vice.
Wow - talk about underestimating the rest of the league! Both of those teams are very good. Dallas maybe less so because of the injuries. I get that you’re confident but it sounds like you think this year will be another breeze to the superbowl?

funny world...

Wow - talk about underestimating the rest of the league! Both of those teams are very good. Dallas maybe less so because of the injuries. I get that you’re confident but it sounds like you think this year will be another breeze to the superbowl?
Rest of the league? I'd like to hear who else is good in the NFC outside of the big 3.

A team not scaring me does not necessarily mean I am underestimating them. I just feel the way to beat both teams is run on them and stop the run. There isn't a team on Philly's level as far as both sides of the ball in the trenches.

Dallas is nice, but outside Micah Parsons, not sure who would "Scare" me on their defense. Micah Parsons had no impact in either games against us last year. They have offensive line issues that WILL impact them all year IMO. They had 3 starters sit last week, and the type of injuries they have are the nagging type. They just got boatraced by a bottom 3 team.

SF also, is nice. But their QB hasn't even started 16 games in his career yet. Still throws a little too many "hope this works out" passes for my taste. They let the Giants, a bottom 10 team in the league hang around way too long. Bosa is nice. Didn't see him the in the NFC title game last year though. Did he play? Kyle Shanahan, great coach, great playcaller. In game management is subpar though IMO.

I respect both teams, but FEAR? No chance.

Their QB Still throws a little too many "hope this works out" passes for my taste.
They let the Giants, a bottom 10 team in the league hang around way too long. Bosa is nice. Didn't see him the in the NFC title game last year though. Did he play?
All valid concerns. However:

Purdy QBR 78.8 (2nd in NFL)
Hurts QBR 44.2 (23rd in NFL).

New SF DC getting dialed in. He's made great halftime adjustments this season, and their D is still ranked top 2 on every list.

Bosa: had almost zero interior DL help last year with Armstead missing half the year and Kinlaw being Kinlaw. SF DTs had 3 total sacks last season while Bosa had 18.5. So he was double and triple teamed all year and was prob out of gas by the NFCCG. If you think their D Line is the same as last year, keep watching, you'll come around.

✌️

Last edited:

funny world...

Rest of the league? I'd like to hear who else is good in the NFC outside of the big 3.

A team not scaring me does not necessarily mean I am underestimating them. I just feel the way to beat both teams is run on them and stop the run. There isn't a team on Philly's level as far as both sides of the ball in the trenches.

Dallas is nice, but outside Micah Parsons, not sure who would "Scare" me on their defense. Micah Parsons had no impact in either games against us last year. They have offensive line issues that WILL impact them all year IMO. They had 3 starters sit last week, and the type of injuries they have are the nagging type. They just got boatraced by a bottom 3 team.

SF also, is nice. But their QB hasn't even started 16 games in his career yet. Still throws a little too many "hope this works out" passes for my taste. They let the Giants, a bottom 10 team in the league hang around way too long. Bosa is nice. Didn't see him the in the NFC title game last year though. Did he play? Kyle Shanahan, great coach, great playcaller. In game management is subpar though IMO.

Well I mean “fear” is a strong word so I didn’t take it in the literal context. Of course you don’t (and shouldn’t) fear any team. However, your second sentence gave me the impression that you feel the Eagles would fairly easily handle either team. Apologies if I misinterpreted.

funny world...

Well I mean “fear” is a strong word so I didn’t take it in the literal context. Of course you don’t (and shouldn’t) fear any team. However, your second sentence gave me the impression that you feel the Eagles would fairly easily handle either team. Apologies if I misinterpreted.
I hear ya. I mean its football and the game is STILL controlled thru the trenches, I guess is my though process. And how we played the guys who finished 1st/2nd in DPOY last year with 3 total games and they had a combined I believe 14 tackles/zero sacks. The team is currently ranked #1 in run defense, and only thru 3 games sure, but its less than 50 rushing yards per game allowed.

Their QB Still throws a little too many "hope this works out" passes for my taste.
They let the Giants, a bottom 10 team in the league hang around way too long. Bosa is nice. Didn't see him the in the NFC title game last year though. Did he play?
All valid concerns. However:

Purdy QBR 78.8 (2nd in NFL)
Hurts QBR 44.2 (23rd in NFL).

New SF DC getting dialed in. He's made great halftime adjustments this season, and their D is still ranked top 2 on every list.

Bosa: had almost zero interior DL help last year with Armstead missing half the year and Kinlaw being Kinlaw. SF DTs had 3 total sacks last season while Bosa had 18.5. So he was double and triple teamed all year and was prob out of gas by the NFCCG. If you think their D Line is the same as last year, keep watching, you'll come around.

✌️
One might say Purdy has had a very easy schedule so far and that is why is QBR is so high, sorta like certain people last year attributed the Eagles entire season of success due to an easy schedule. Surely you were not one of those people :shades:

Nick Bosa made his living beating up very inferior tackles last year. When he saw Lane Johnson, I guess the fact he didn't have interior DL help was a bigger factor.

It would be silly not to have a healthy respect for both SF and Dallas. I'd throw Detroit in the mix too. SF has a wicked defense, and while I'm not sold on Purdy being the second coming of Joe Montana, he's proven to be extremely capable at worst. One of these years the Cowboys will live up to their expectations and they have a ton of talent remaining upright. Detroit has the attitude and moxy to be a serious thorn in any team's side. Eagles face a bigger challenge this year then last year IMHO.

It would be silly not to have a healthy respect for both SF and Dallas. I'd throw Detroit in the mix too. SF has a wicked defense, and while I'm not sold on Purdy being the second coming of Joe Montana, he's proven to be extremely capable at worst. One of these years the Cowboys will live up to their expectations and they have a ton of talent remaining upright. Detroit has the attitude and moxy to be a serious thorn in any team's side. Eagles face a bigger challenge this year then last year IMHO.
I hear ya. I guess when it comes down to it, do i *really* trust these guys/QB's to come up big come playoffs/clutch time?

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

All very good QBs, but I don't think any of these guys will keep any defensive coordinators up at night like the elite QB's of the league.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

All very good QBs, but I don't think any of these guys will keep any defensive coordinators up at night like the elite QB's of the league.
I'd like to ask DCs around the league how easy they think it is to face those offenses.

I get what you're trying to say, though.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

I'd like to ask DCs around the league how easy they think it is to face those offenses.

I mean, when it comes down to it, IMO its gonna be the big 3 and everyone else.

Detroit is nice, but I'm not in on a deep run for them this year. The rest of that division though, yuck/no thanks. Bears might have back to back #1 overall picks like the Jags did recently.
Seattle doesn't look like a Fear Factory.
Any team from the NFC South is not too challenging
The other 2 NFC East teams might end up with top 10 picks.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

Detroit is nice, but I'm not in on a deep run for them this year. The rest of that division though, yuck/no thanks. Bears might have back to back #1 overall picks like the Jags did recently.
tend to agree with Detroit, but I think they're the kind of team that can beat ANYONE when they're on. Can't see them winning a bye or even a 2 seed, but nobody is gonna wanna play them come January.
In the end, I expect Dallas to fall apart as they normally do, and Detroit to just be that dangerous team...SF is the team most likely to take the Eagles down. I think Purdy is being dramatically over-rated...every time I watch him he seems to get away with at least 2 passes/decisions he shouldn't, and throw a couple other bad balls. He's certainly competent, but not in an elite class IMO. But that defense is for real, add in McCaffrey and a good coaching staff. Yeah....we certainly don't wanna play them in SF come January

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

You realize it’s only week 4, right?

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

You realize Dak is already in Decmeber form, right?

funny world...

I hear ya. I mean its football and the game is STILL controlled thru the trenches, I guess is my though process. And how we played the guys who finished 1st/2nd in DPOY last year with 3 total games and they had a combined I believe 14 tackles/zero sacks. The team is currently ranked #1 in run defense, and only thru 3 games sure, but its less than 50 rushing yards per game allowed.

Sample size too small right now. Waiting a couple more week before we can say who is what.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

tend to agree with Detroit, but I think they're the kind of team that can beat ANYONE when they're on. Can't see them winning a bye or even a 2 seed, but nobody is gonna wanna play them come January.
In the end, I expect Dallas to fall apart as they normally do, and Detroit to just be that dangerous team...SF is the team most likely to take the Eagles down. I think Purdy is being dramatically over-rated...every time I watch him he seems to get away with at least 2 passes/decisions he shouldn't, and throw a couple other bad balls. He's certainly competent, but not in an elite class IMO. But that defense is for real, add in McCaffrey and a good coaching staff. Yeah....we certainly don't wanna play them in SF come January
I agree with almost everything. The one thing I see is people that aren’t 49er fans dismissing Purdy- he’s better than serviceable, just raw still. And with Shenanigan’s playcalling, and him getting balls out fast to nullify our pass rush, I could see him feasting on the soft middle of our D. The match-up against the 49ers Week 13 is going to be huge- probably one of the best games of the year.

I’m glad we get DAL late in the season. Their D looked unstoppable the first 2 weeks. Then, last week, extremely pedestrian. What’s their real identity? I’ll go with “team that chokes on its own hubris every December.”

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

👍👍👍

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

Can a cowboys fan ever make a post in this thread without you going “BUT DALLASSSSS……!!!!!!!!!” or no?

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

Can a cowboys fan ever make a post in this thread without you going “BUT DALLASSSSS……!!!!!!!!!” or no?
Sometimes

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

no. get out😉

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

argh hate to say it, but i agree with Cowboys fan here. It is only week 4, and the Eagles have some serious tests coming up with that nasty gauntlet coming up in a month or whatever. I am reserving all kinds of post-season thoughts until we see how those games play out.

Biggest for me as well is injury concerns. you lose a vital piece to the team for a 4-5 game stretch all of this talk about where the Eagles rank among the league goes :tfp: . And i know we all called out SF fans when Purdy went down, but if we have to rely on Mariota for a 4-5 game stretch it may get ugly quick.

I do like the fun talk, but thinking the talk about where these teams may look in the post-season makes me a tad nervous we are getting ahead of ourselves

ETA: and man, for me, i am just hoping all the teams can be healthy when we play them. Especially the Eagles' OL, if all 5 can make it to some of these fun games it will be great for everyone

Last edited:
and i was dropping my kid off at school today, and when i got back in the car i had a bit of a downer moment. I, like pretty much all Eagles' fans am truly over the moon watching this DL, in particular these young guys as they grow. We have all of these former players who comment about current players, and all i could think is how much of a downer it is that we don't get a chance to hear Reggie White and Jerome Brown give their 2 cents on Jordan Davis, Nolan, and Jalen Carter.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

argh hate to say it, but i agree with Cowboys fan here. It is only week 4, and the Eagles have some serious tests coming up with that nasty gauntlet coming up in a month or whatever. I am reserving all kinds of post-season thoughts until we see how those games play out.

Biggest for me as well is injury concerns. you lose a vital piece to the team for a 4-5 game stretch all of this talk about where the Eagles rank among the league goes :tfp: . And i know we all called out SF fans when Purdy went down, but if we have to rely on Mariota for a 4-5 game stretch it may get ugly quick.

I do like the fun talk, but thinking the talk about where these teams may look in the post-season makes me a tad nervous we are getting ahead of ourselves

ETA: and man, for me, i am just hoping all the teams can be healthy when we play them. Especially the Eagles' OL, if all 5 can make it to some of these fun games it will be great for everyone
this is why I haven't made any predictions on wins and losses. Just win this week. These "rankings" after a couple of games are ridiculous and meaningless. Let's see where teams stand at the end of the season. People were calling Parsons an MVP candidate after 2 games. I try to block out all of the noise and focus on the Eagles opponent this week.

Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff

The bolded is true for any good team that would lose a good/great QB, no?

And this is a message board. I'm here to talk that raspy s*** lol

Other side to your comment re: that nasty gauntlet - we got some not as tough matchups before those games to fine tune things. LIke against Washington this week, who just gave up 9 sacks last week, and I believe have already given up 18 in 3 games. And Sam Howell ain't it.

Then I'm going to the Rams game out here to see that statue Matt Stafford taken down like his name was Robert E Lee

It's funny I'm watching Penn State vs Northwestern today and Penn State ran the tush push 3 times on 4 downs on the 3 yard line to get the TD. The whole time the announcers are making commentary about how this is real football right here.

Hot take click bait mainstream "analysts" suck the life out of the NFL because they need content.

It's funny I'm watching Penn State vs Northwestern today and Penn State ran the tush push 3 times on 4 downs on the 3 yard line to get the TD. The whole time the announcers are making commentary about how this is real football right here.

Hot take click bait mainstream "analysts" suck the life out of the NFL because they need content.

In the 60s, in the NBA the dunk was considered disrespectful. When the "Lew Alcindor Rule" was created (no dunking in high school or college), it was because people said dunking caused injuries and didn't display basketball skill, only height advantage. The tush push ban people can be broken into two groups: 1) football purists who are resistant to change; and 2) people who don't like the Eagles and hate how efficient they are at it.

In the 60s, in the NBA the dunk was considered disrespectful. When the "Lew Alcindor Rule" was created (no dunking in high school or college), it was because people said dunking caused injuries and didn't display basketball skill, only height advantage. The tush push ban people can be broken into two groups: 1) football purists who are resistant to change; and 2) people who don't like the Eagles and hate how efficient they are at it.

I get what your saying but I wouldn't comparing dunking a basketball to the brotherly shove

I get what your saying but I wouldn't comparing dunking a basketball to the brotherly shove

Why not? Anyone that plays can try it. Some players/teams are more successful at it.

To be fair PSU shouldn’t even have a football team right now after harboring child predators for so long so there’s that too

Can I just say again, thank you to all those bad teams ahead of the Eagles that passed on Jalen Carter.
You can say it forever. Just like I'm going to. Especially the Bears.
I think the bears need a whole new staff and an actual QB. Half the team seems like it’s given up already.

I'm interested to see how the top QBs treat the draft this year. I would love to see Caleb Williams and Shedeur Sanders go back to school rather than be drafted by some crappy team. The NIL could change the way the NFL operates the draft and may force them to go back to negotiating contracts rather than slotted.

Can I just say again, thank you to all those bad teams ahead of the Eagles that passed on Jalen Carter.
You can say it forever. Just like I'm going to. Especially the Bears.
I think the bears need a whole new staff and an actual QB. Half the team seems like it’s given up already.

I'm interested to see how the top QBs treat the draft this year. I would love to see Caleb Williams and Shedeur Sanders go back to school rather than be drafted by some crappy team. The NIL could change the way the NFL operates the draft and may force them to go back to negotiating contracts rather than slotted.
If both were smart they’d go back to school. Put yourself in the best scenario.

I know we got injuries on Defense but that was terrible play scared play calling. Please the next DC we get better not be a Vic Fangio Philosophy

Lucky, lucky, lucky.
Elliot bailed Hurts out there. Terrible decision on that intentional grounding call, but they never should have been throwing there anyway.

They shouldn't have thrown the TD pass with 1:43 left. They should have ran the ball, got WAS to use their last TO. Then ran the ball again and at worst, your kicking a 42 yard field goal with 1 minute left on the clock, at best you get a 1st down (it was 2nd & 4 when they threw the TD) and run the clock down and don't give the ball back.

Forgot, the AJ Brown penalty too. Stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread