What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

Is there an in-house replacement for DC? Thought I remember a name, but still too numb from Sunday to look it up. Or think they'll look outside the team?

Defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson is the guy I was thinking of.

Brian Johnson will be the new OC.
Who will be the new DC now that Gannon is gone

Side note - man the Cardinals are a dumpster fire of an organization

Reactions: JAA
The loss stings for sure, however, if you were to tell me how well we’d progress in so many areas I’d be very excited. The future looked bleak and now we look like the team of the foreseeable future in the NFC.

Just saw that Gannon is gone now too. I may need to edit my post above. Replacing coordinators is not easy and we’re sure to lose a lot of other guys as well 🤦‍♂️

So this year, we had a "Cupcake schedule" even per the owner of this site, so looking forward, I am stoked to have a "not cupcake schedule?" Opponents posted below along with who their QB is or if not, a question mark

Home Games
Cowboys - Dak
Giants Danny Dimes
Commanders A Body
Cardinals Kyler coming off ACL
Niners Someone coming off injury
Bills Allen is a stud, but boy does he give you opportunities, also only scored 10 points in a home playoff game
Dolphins Tua,
Vikings Big Game Kurt

Away Games
Cowboys Dak and his league leading INTs
Giants Danny Dimes
Commanders A body
Rams Stafford or a Body
Patriots Mac Jones
Jets a Body
Seahawks Geno
Chiefs Patrick Mahomes
Bucs a Body

Sure, there are some tough teams on here, but i see a total of TWO that quote unquote "scare" me and thats Allen and Mahomes. Just remember when they said "ok but 2023 is gonna be killer for the Eagles no more cupcakes"

When the players do their votes, etc "Best player in the NFL" how high do you think Hurts will be ranked and at what "QB#"

I see him firmly in the top 10 and QB3 at worst.

Several other of those road games have the potential to be pretty hard games like if the Jets get Rodgers or Rams get healthy
I read certain Rams players were/are encouraging Stafford to retire. So Baker time? And sure, any team Rodgers goes to will be improves (reminder we beat him this year pretty easily)

Several other of those road games have the potential to be pretty hard games like if the Jets get Rodgers or Rams get healthy
I read certain Rams players were/are encouraging Stafford to retire. So Baker time? And sure, any team Rodgers goes to will be improves (reminder we beat him this year pretty easily)
The Jets sans qb are much better than the Packers. I had not heard that about Stafford. That is too bad.

Home Games
Cowboys - Dak
Giants Danny Dimes
Commanders A Body
Cardinals Kyler coming off ACL
Niners Someone coming off injury
Bills Allen is a stud, but boy does he give you opportunities, also only scored 10 points in a home playoff game
Dolphins Tua,
Vikings Big Game Kurt

Kinda disappointed the only "new" teams coming to The Linc next year are AZ, BUF, and MIA. But, storyline-wise, AZ coming to town with Gannon is going to be feisty.

Cap for 2023 is $224.8M, Eagles are at $198M with $28.4M dead money as of today.

UFA for this offseason
Cox DT >>> Signed 1/10M
Quinn DE
Graham DE >>> Signed to a 1 year deal
Hargrave DT >>> 49ers 4/84
Kelce C >>> will sign 2023 for one more year! $30M on current contract, new details TBA before June 14.25M for 2023
Bradberry CB >>> 3/38M 20M guaranteed +$6M incentives
LINK
Seumalo G >>> Stealers TBA
Dillard T >>> Titans 3/29M LINK
White OLB >>> Cardinals 2/11M
Edwards LB >>> Chicago Bears 3/19.5M 12M guaranteed LINK

Suh DT
Joseph DT
Scott RB >>> 1/2M
Pascal WR >>> Cardinals
Sanders RB >>> Carolina terms TBA

Lovato LS
CJGJ S >>> Lions 1/8M?
Epps S >>> Raiders 2/12M ~8M guaranteed
LINK

2024 UFA
Slay CB >>> 3/42M 23M guaranteed LINK
Barnett DE
Hurts QB
Wallace S
Driscoll G
Bradley LB
Quez WR
Toth RT >>> Cut and then resigned
Siposs P
Stoll TE

That's a lot of contracts.

Last edited:
Away Games
Cowboys Dak and his league leading INTs
Giants Danny Dimes
Commanders A body
Rams Stafford or a Body
Patriots Mac Jones
Jets a Body
Seahawks Geno
Chiefs Patrick Mahomes
Bucs a Body
My job has sites in Tampa, Boston, and NJ. Might be able to time some required site visit travel to hit the Bucs, Pats, and Jets games...

Cap for 2023 is $224.8M, Eagles are at $198M with $28.4M dead money as of today.

UFA for this offseason
Cox DT Gone
Quinn DE Gone
Graham DE Will be back on a team friendly deal
Hargrave DT Gone
Kelce C Unless he retires, he's coming back
Bradberry CB G0ne
Seumalo G Gone
Dillard T Gone

White OLB Gone
Edwards LB Will re-sign
Suh DT Gone
Joseph DT Unsure
Scott RB Will be back

Pascal WR Will be back
Sanders RB Gone
Lovato LS Will be back
CJGJ S #1 priority, will be back
Epps S Might get replaced by Reed Blankenship

2024 UFA
Slay CB
Barnett DE
Hurts QB

Wallace S
Driscoll G
Bradley LB
Quez WR
Toth RT
Siposs P
Stoll TE

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
Some good road trip options depending on scheduling.
If any of you guys make it to KC let me know. I'll buy you a beer.
If it's the Thursday night season opener/NFL kickoff and they are raising the banner, that would be doing the traveling Eagles fans dirty :lol:
The NFL will surely save this game for a big stage. I could see them using it on opening night. Or on the Germany game.

Just saw that Gannon is gone now too. I may need to edit my post above. Replacing coordinators is not easy and we’re sure to lose a lot of other guys as well 🤦‍♂️
yeah this has me a bit concerned regarding how many guys Shane and Gannon take with them. could be an empty cupboard, and still kind of surprised that a team is allowed to lose 2 coordinators this quick and the NFL doesn't have any kind of system in place to prevent a bit. Absolutely silly that the Saints can get a 1st round pick for wayt over-rated Payton, but Eagles have to lose 2/3 of their coaching staff and scramble to pick up the pieces

shame Frank Reich went to Carolina or he would have landed here in Philly as the OC wonderfully

UFA for this offseason
Cox DT
Quinn DE
Graham DE
Hargrave DT
Kelce C
Bradberry CB
Seumalo G
Dillard T

White OLB
Edwards LB
Suh DT
Joseph DT
Scott RB

Pascal WR
Sanders RB
Lovato LS
CJGJ S
Epps S

2024 UFA
Slay CB
Barnett DE
Hurts QB

Wallace S
Driscoll G
Bradley LB
Quez WR
Toth RT
Siposs P
Stoll TE

the 2024 salary cap looks good with not too many needs. Hurts should be done this year, so that basically leaves Slay, and i guess Barnett if he has a good year.

Makes me think Howie has some options with navigating the cap. Free agency starts on 3/15, so looks like a month with some speculation. Excited to see if Davis, Jurgens, and Dean can make some nice jumps for next year. Obviously would love Kelce back, but glad there is a plan in place in case.

definitely will be some guys leaving that will be missed. hate to see Hargrave go, but he seems to be a top free agent available and will be hard to match finances.

UFA for this offseason

Seumalo G Gone
Dillard T Gone
I'd like to see Seumalo and Dillard back. Seumalo for O-line continuity and Dillard should be fairly cheap. Unless he gets starter money somewhere, which I guess he could.
Assume Dillard is gone. There's a lot of oline needy teams out there and someone will give him a chance to start, similar to Big V when he left for Detroit.

UFA for this offseason

Seumalo G Gone
Dillard T Gone
I'd like to see Seumalo and Dillard back. Seumalo for O-line continuity and Dillard should be fairly cheap. Unless he gets starter money somewhere, which I guess he could.
Not me. Need the money and comp picks will help. When you got a coach that can "Develop anyone into a pro bowler" I feel you just keep drafting and adding players for him to develop. Jurgens would slide over nicely to fill in for Seumalo if Kelce comes back. I am assuming he will be back.

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
If it's the Thursday night season opener/NFL kickoff and they are raising the banner, that would be doing the traveling Eagles fans dirty :lol:

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
The NFL will surely save this game for a big stage. I could see them using it on opening night. Or on the Germany game.

I don't think you'll see a rematch for the kickoff. I suspect KC vs. Cinny or Buffalo. You'll get the KC Philly game on a Sunday night.

`$8M in cap space and PFF has 5 eagles in the top 30 as Free Agents. J Hargave, J Bradberry C Gardner-Johnson,
TJ Edwards, and I Seumalo. M Sanders, K White, and M Epps are in the top 100.

Howie has some work to do.

`$8M in cap space and PFF has 5 eagles in the top 30 as Free Agents. J Hargave, J Bradberry C Gardner-Johnson,
TJ Edwards, and I Seumalo. M Sanders, K White, and M Epps are in the top 100.

Howie has some work to do.
He is literally the best in the NFL at this. Thats why none of us are worried. He plays the game right, for instance with Hargrave:

Sign player with potential at cheap deal
Develop player into a stud to help your run
Collect Comp picks
Repeat

Not enough GM's understand this or just don't practice it.

And there is NOBODY better at Player Trade Acquisitions in the history of the NFL than Howie Roseman.

How many teams if they had known "A 5 gets you CJ Gardner Johnson" would have pulled the trigger? All of them other than Arizona and probably Dallas.

yeah this has me a bit concerned regarding how many guys Shane and Gannon take with them. could be an empty cupboard, and still kind of surprised that a team is allowed to lose 2 coordinators this quick and the NFL doesn't have any kind of system in place to prevent a bit. Absolutely silly that the Saints can get a 1st round pick for wayt over-rated Payton, but Eagles have to lose 2/3 of their coaching staff and scramble to pick up the pieces

shame Frank Reich went to Carolina or he would have landed here in Philly as the OC wonderfully

I think we would have got picks for them is they were a different color if I’m not mistaken.

This was one of the huge issues that Doug couldn’t handle and it worries me the same way. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that many players exceeded expectations (like our SB winning team) only to look like shells in the following years. It’s not easy to replace good/great coaches.

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
Phillies play at home Sunday, 9/10 so unless we're getting the Kick-off Thursday game at home (vs. SF?), we'll be on the road Week 1 so KC is definitely in play.

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
Phillies play at home Sunday, 9/10 so unless we're getting the Kick-off Thursday game at home (vs. SF?), we'll be on the road Week 1 so KC is definitely in play.
Man, all the networks are gonna fight like hell for the Chiefs/Eagles game.

Will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
Theres only been one SB rematch to kick off the following season on Thuesday: back in 2016 when the Bronocos hosted the Panthers, who they beat in the SB 24-10. Denver won the rematch 21-20.

It could happen.

• Sad
Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body
Theres only been one SB rematch to kick off the following season on Thuesday: back in 2016 when the Bronocos hosted the Panthers, who they beat in the SB 24-10. Denver won the rematch 21-20.

It could happen.
I'd almost bet my house that its the game on opening night. Makes too much sense and the ratings would be off the charts.

Away Games
Rams Stafford or a Body
Bucs a Body

It could happen.
I would assume it's rare mainly due to the fact they play every four years, so only a 25% chance they'd even be on the schedule the following season.

Though with the 17th game it should be more often and might become the new standard?

Eagles are first losing SB team to lose both coordinators. Pats in ‘17 almost had it happen, but McDaniels backed out of the Indy job, Patricia went to DET.

SF won in ‘94 and lost both to NFL head coaching jobs (Mike Shanahan to Broncos, Ray Rhodes to Eagles.)

‘04 Pats won and had them leave for NFL and College jobs (Romeo Crennel to Browns, Charlie Weis to Notre Dame.)

Odd ex-Eagle sighting. Former DB Mark McMillian competing on this season’s Next Level Chef show with Gordon Ramsey.

Mighty Mouse did not look as good in the kitchen as he did on the field.

Eagles are first losing SB team to lose both coordinators. Pats in ‘17 almost had it happen, but McDaniels backed out of the Indy job, Patricia went to DET.

SF won in ‘94 and lost both to NFL head coaching jobs (Mike Shanahan to Broncos, Ray Rhodes to Eagles.)

‘04 Pats won and had them leave for NFL and College jobs (Romeo Crennel to Browns, Charlie Weis to Notre Dame.)
There was also this.

After the 2013 season, the Cincinnati Bengals lost both offensive coordinator Jay Gruden (Washington) and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer (Vikings) to head coaching gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread