What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

I know I'm a lot lower than others on CJGJ, but I think Edmunds is a sideways move, and could even be an upgrade. Really Edmunds is a replacement for Epps, I would think Reed Blankenship takes CJGJ's spot, and during his limited playing time as a rookie, looks like he could be an upgrade, very excited about his prospects.
Not sure I'd say it's sideways or upgrade, but this REALLY REALLY softens the blow. We knew big losses were coming, and no one is saying our roster will be as talented/good as last years, but I'm really really happy with this offseason compared to what it COULD have been.
I just think CJGJ is a mediocre player, who is greatly overhyped by fans/media. The fact that he's on his 3rd team in 3 years, and nobody signed him long-term seems to back that up a little. I don't think he'll be missed.

Howie gonna Howie what can we say. He just makes really smart decisions.
:lol:
Don't believe me thats fine :shades:

PHILADELPHIA - Eagles general manager Howie Roseman was named the 2022 NFL Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers of America on Thursday.

Roseman's deft personnel moves - highlighted by acquiring All-Pros A.J. Brown and Haason Reddick - spearheaded the Eagles to an NFC East title and the No. 1 seed in the conference.

Philadelphia hosts the NFC Championship Game on Sunday (3 p.m./FOX) against San Francisco with an opportunity for its second Super Bowl berth in five years.

Under Roseman's stewardship of the personnel department and roster, the Eagles boasted the deepest and most well-rounded team in the NFL this season with 17 players earning Pro Bowl or Pro Bowl alternate status.

When other awards like the AP All-Pro Team, the PFWA's, and Pro Football Focus' honors that number swells to 20 players, an almost inconceivable number.

In two years since bottoming out after a Super Bowl LII championship with four wins in 2020, the Eagles went to 9-8 and a playoff berth in 2021, to a franchise record 14 wins this season.

The Eagles added five veteran free agents, including second-team All-Pro edge rusher Reddick, who finished with 16 sacks, and second-team All-Pro cornerback James Bradberry, a salary-cap casualty with the New York Giants who fit in perfectly in Jonathan Gannon's quarters-heavy cover scheme.

Roseman also hit the jackpot on the trade market with the draft night deal that sent Brown to the Eagles from Tennessee for first- and third-round draft picks and the summer pickup of NFL interception co-leader Chauncey Gardner-Johnson from New Orleans.

Brown ended up setting a franchise single-season record for receiving yards with 1,496 and CGJ was named All-NFC by the PFWA.

The draft netted three potential starters down the road in former Georgia teammates Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean, along with Cam Jurgens, All-Pro center Jason Kelce's heir apparent.

Roseman previously won the award in 2017 and is just the fourth executive to win it multiple times since the honor was established in 1993, joining Hall of Famer Bill Polian (5), Scott Pioli (3), and George Young (2).

PHILADELPHIA - Eagles general manager Howie Roseman was named the 2022 NFL Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers of America on Thursday.

Roseman's deft personnel moves - highlighted by acquiring All-Pros A.J. Brown and Haason Reddick - spearheaded the Eagles to an NFC East title and the No. 1 seed in the conference.

Philadelphia hosts the NFC Championship Game on Sunday (3 p.m./FOX) against San Francisco with an opportunity for its second Super Bowl berth in five years.

Under Roseman's stewardship of the personnel department and roster, the Eagles boasted the deepest and most well-rounded team in the NFL this season with 17 players earning Pro Bowl or Pro Bowl alternate status.

When other awards like the AP All-Pro Team, the PFWA's, and Pro Football Focus' honors that number swells to 20 players, an almost inconceivable number.

In two years since bottoming out after a Super Bowl LII championship with four wins in 2020, the Eagles went to 9-8 and a playoff berth in 2021, to a franchise record 14 wins this season.

The Eagles added five veteran free agents, including second-team All-Pro edge rusher Reddick, who finished with 16 sacks, and second-team All-Pro cornerback James Bradberry, a salary-cap casualty with the New York Giants who fit in perfectly in Jonathan Gannon's quarters-heavy cover scheme.

Roseman also hit the jackpot on the trade market with the draft night deal that sent Brown to the Eagles from Tennessee for first- and third-round draft picks and the summer pickup of NFL interception co-leader Chauncey Gardner-Johnson from New Orleans.

Brown ended up setting a franchise single-season record for receiving yards with 1,496 and CGJ was named All-NFC by the PFWA.

The draft netted three potential starters down the road in former Georgia teammates Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean, along with Cam Jurgens, All-Pro center Jason Kelce's heir apparent.

Roseman previously won the award in 2017 and is just the fourth executive to win it multiple times since the honor was established in 1993, joining Hall of Famer Bill Polian (5), Scott Pioli (3), and George Young (2).
He's "not" trolling

Dude signed an average FA. Happens every day.

The response ?

“What can I say? Howie gonna Howie! Guy just makes smart decisions!”

Seriously? I mean….seriously?!?!

:lmao:
As opposed to franchising a RB when everyone else is signing guys for $6m/season max.

Or trading a WR your paid a 1 for years ago to later trade for a 5th, who goes on to have a career year in Cleveland when the replacement was **Checks notes** Jalen Tolbert? Stellar.

Yeah signing an average FA at a position to replace a guy who PFF graded better than the guy you thought both was a CB and good seems like a smart decision.

What can I say though, you don't see a ton of great decision making in Dallas.

And you can laugh all you want its fine, I'm just point out that "most people" consider Howie to be a savvy/great GM.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

As opposed to franchising a RB when everyone else is signing guys for $6m/season max.

Or trading a WR your paid a 1 for years ago to later trade for a 5th, who goes on to have a career year in Cleveland when the replacement was **Checks notes** Jalen Tolbert? Stellar.

Yeah signing an average FA at a position to replace a guy who PFF graded better than the guy you thought both was a CB and good seems like a smart decision.

And you can laugh all you want its fine, I'm just point out that "most people" consider Howie to be a savvy/great GM.
Hey now, non Eagles or Cowboys fan here.

Tony Pollard is a ton better than the likes of Miles Sanders or David Montgomery. That's not a bad move by Dallas at all.

Truthfully, both Dallas and Philly are among the more well run teams in the NFL, and are likely 2 of the 3 best teams in the NFC going forward.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the extra QB rule change. While that did involve the Eagles, the change isn't being proposed to stop or slow down the Eagles. Nor is it being made because of the Eagles. The change is being made to prevent an embarrassment of a game, and a playoff one at that, from occurring again. If that situation had occurred in any other non-Eagle playoff game the rule proposal would still have been made.
Agreed on the un-bolded, but my quibble with the bolded is that 3 years prior a similar situation happened, in a playoff game, where a team only had 2 active QBs and one got knocked out of the game 8 minutes into it and then the other seriously tore his hamstring in the 2nd quarter ("torn his hamstring off the bone") and had to limp around on it ineffectively for the rest of the game. They never scored a touchdown and lost, but the team didn't whine about there not being an emergency QB and no fans, pundits, media personalities, etc. clutched their pearls about how awful it was for the game of football and demanded this never happen again.

ETA: The one difference, that actually makes that case MORE valid than the recent one, is that the Defense stepped up in that situation with a QB that could barely do anything on offense to keep it a one score game, so any semblance of a QB option that would have been available could have realistically changed the outcome of that game.

I think in the Eagles case that year the game was still close and McCown was leading them down the field. It was 17-9 final and if the Eagles converted the 4th down and scored they could've gone for 2 and tied the game. In the case of the 49ers the game ended up being a blown out. If you were a neutral watching that game you'd have probably turned it off in the 2nd half and that's something the league doesn't want happening. I know if the Eagles weren't in that game and I saw that instance I'd have turned it off.

He was almost as good as Daks rookie year.

Gratz?
Dak had a tremendous rookie season. Unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to surpass it.

Can you point to the areas you feel Hurts needs to improve? I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not a good QB. TIA.

You want me to explain for the 100th time? Why? You know my stance.

You think he’s a good quarterback. I think he is only effective as a passer because of his threat to run.He has elite receivers and had the best line in all of football to add to the pressure.
Honest question....how many Eagles games did you watch last year? Hurts made a lot of tight window throws....his guys were NOT running wide open every game all year long.
I remember during the post season the broadcasters commenting on his pin-point accuracy. Perfect throws.

Do you know how many announcers gargle on some of these guys? I remember a MNF game where the announcers were slobbering about Lamar's "accurate" throws. More then a few of them were just great catches not in great spots. Commentators say a lot of hyperbole during a game when something exciting or enjoys happen. it's where a lot of fans get misinformation of what people around the league actually think of guys.

Hell I remember the announcers couldn't stop having a circle jerk of Colin Kaepernick for awhile especially the playoff game vs GB. It wasn't that amazing GB historically struggles against running QBs or QBs with mobility. Hurts did the same thing this past year to GB that Colin did. I'm not saying he is CK because that dude is absolute garbage at Football and QB but my point is the announcers were acting like he was up there with Brady Rodgers and others QB wise.

Half the game I'm questioning announcers. There was a game Fox did last year I forget who it was for our game and it was Adam Amin and the other guy but the color guy said something that was just completely false about the Eagles that someone on twitter mentions how false it was. He then said something completely wrong on the other team and one of their beat guys chirp in about it. Meanwhile both attempts the announcers went on a rant about something completely wrong
Aren't you already on record as saying you won't believe he's a good QB unless he wins multiple SBs? Let's wait to see if he shows any signs of decline before we bury him. So far, all he's done is improve year over year. At some point you will be correct. We have no idea when that will be. Right now as we head into the '23 season, Jalen Hurts - our QB - is the best in the NFC and arguably top 5-6 in the NFL.

He took our team to Super Bowl. We all saw what the team was like without him. I'm going to enjoy it while he's here.

Then he fumbled it away and the OFF only scored 11 pts in the 2nd half. Unacceptable 2nd half by everyone. I even stated all year 2nd Half scoring was an issue. Some of that blame does go on Hurts though for those struggles, others on the coaches etc. But apparently no one is allowed to criticize the guy because he put up 1 good season of football.
Yes, he fumbled in the first half. Criticism is warranted. But he also had his team up by 10 going into the 3rd Q that defense couldn't hold. Not a single stop in the 2nd half when all we needed was one. And still only lost by 3. That SB loss is NOT on the offense.

But yes, he fumbled once during the game so that was the opening his haters needed to put the loss on him. Congrats.

ETA: kinda hard to blame the offense when they scored the highest ever by a losing team. 35 points, a 10 point halftime lead, and still lost. But sure, blame the QB.

We can blame the defense all we want, but the fact of the matter going in everyone and their mother knew defense didn't matter in this game. It was going to be whoever had the ball at the end. Like I said even before the game I was worried because of the Eagles offense 2nd Half struggles. I even point out 2 or so weeks ago where they ranked in scoring and offense in the 1st and 2nd half of games last year. I pointed out we didn't play a lot of offenses like KC and I think thats why it didn't hurt us that much or was an issue. Blaming the defense here is like the Phillies being in a high scoring series where people knew pitching wasn't going to decide much and then blaming the pitching anyway. Is there fault still to the defense? Sure but we scored only 11 second half points and failed on a few conversions as well. You also can't freely give pts to KC like Turning the ball over either and we almost had 2 of them. I felt like the Sanders one we got lucky it wasn't overturned.
So you're expectation going in was for the defense to give up every yard possible in the second half? Because that's what happened except for 2 because the Chiefs intentionally didn't score at the end. You must think Cincy has the best defense in the world, since they actually forced punts a couple weeks before. Saying the game was lost on a play in the first half is just ridiculous and your bias is showing again. Yes, it was a bad and costly play by Hurts, which he overcame and had the team up 10 at the half. Asking the defense to force at least one punt/FG in a half is not unreasonable. Mahomes is great but not perfect. Other teams could slow him down, why couldn't Gannon?

I literally expected a shootout. I said I wasn't sure if the Eagles could keep up with it. I went in knowing this game was gonna be won by one of the offense and the defenses hope one of the QBs or offenses makes a mistake which we unfortunately did.

I'm of the belief I don't think our defense was as good as people thought it was. We played a lot of underwhelming offenses this past year and let some pretty avg QBs throw against us at times. I really didn't think our defense was as good as it was made to be. yeah we need to play the teams on our schedule but I don't think they were as dominate in terms of coaching personal as much as it was the other teams offense wasn't as good. I was more so hoping maybe Mahomes and KC made a mistake or 2 like Brady and nE did in 17.

He was almost as good as Daks rookie year.

Gratz?
Dak had a tremendous rookie season. Unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to surpass it.

Can you point to the areas you feel Hurts needs to improve? I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not a good QB. TIA.

You want me to explain for the 100th time? Why? You know my stance.

You think he’s a good quarterback. I think he is only effective as a passer because of his threat to run.He has elite receivers and had the best line in all of football to add to the pressure.
Honest question....how many Eagles games did you watch last year? Hurts made a lot of tight window throws....his guys were NOT running wide open every game all year long.
I remember during the post season the broadcasters commenting on his pin-point accuracy. Perfect throws.

Do you know how many announcers gargle on some of these guys? I remember a MNF game where the announcers were slobbering about Lamar's "accurate" throws. More then a few of them were just great catches not in great spots. Commentators say a lot of hyperbole during a game when something exciting or enjoys happen. it's where a lot of fans get misinformation of what people around the league actually think of guys.

Hell I remember the announcers couldn't stop having a circle jerk of Colin Kaepernick for awhile especially the playoff game vs GB. It wasn't that amazing GB historically struggles against running QBs or QBs with mobility. Hurts did the same thing this past year to GB that Colin did. I'm not saying he is CK because that dude is absolute garbage at Football and QB but my point is the announcers were acting like he was up there with Brady Rodgers and others QB wise.

Half the game I'm questioning announcers. There was a game Fox did last year I forget who it was for our game and it was Adam Amin and the other guy but the color guy said something that was just completely false about the Eagles that someone on twitter mentions how false it was. He then said something completely wrong on the other team and one of their beat guys chirp in about it. Meanwhile both attempts the announcers went on a rant about something completely wrong
Aren't you already on record as saying you won't believe he's a good QB unless he wins multiple SBs? Let's wait to see if he shows any signs of decline before we bury him. So far, all he's done is improve year over year. At some point you will be correct. We have no idea when that will be. Right now as we head into the '23 season, Jalen Hurts - our QB - is the best in the NFC and arguably top 5-6 in the NFL.

He took our team to Super Bowl. We all saw what the team was like without him. I'm going to enjoy it while he's here.

Then he fumbled it away and the OFF only scored 11 pts in the 2nd half. Unacceptable 2nd half by everyone. I even stated all year 2nd Half scoring was an issue. Some of that blame does go on Hurts though for those struggles, others on the coaches etc. But apparently no one is allowed to criticize the guy because he put up 1 good season of football.
Yes, he fumbled in the first half. Criticism is warranted. But he also had his team up by 10 going into the 3rd Q that defense couldn't hold. Not a single stop in the 2nd half when all we needed was one. And still only lost by 3. That SB loss is NOT on the offense.

But yes, he fumbled once during the game so that was the opening his haters needed to put the loss on him. Congrats.

ETA: kinda hard to blame the offense when they scored the highest ever by a losing team. 35 points, a 10 point halftime lead, and still lost. But sure, blame the QB.

We can blame the defense all we want, but the fact of the matter going in everyone and their mother knew defense didn't matter in this game. It was going to be whoever had the ball at the end. Like I said even before the game I was worried because of the Eagles offense 2nd Half struggles. I even point out 2 or so weeks ago where they ranked in scoring and offense in the 1st and 2nd half of games last year. I pointed out we didn't play a lot of offenses like KC and I think thats why it didn't hurt us that much or was an issue. Blaming the defense here is like the Phillies being in a high scoring series where people knew pitching wasn't going to decide much and then blaming the pitching anyway. Is there fault still to the defense? Sure but we scored only 11 second half points and failed on a few conversions as well. You also can't freely give pts to KC like Turning the ball over either and we almost had 2 of them. I felt like the Sanders one we got lucky it wasn't overturned.
So you're expectation going in was for the defense to give up every yard possible in the second half? Because that's what happened except for 2 because the Chiefs intentionally didn't score at the end. You must think Cincy has the best defense in the world, since they actually forced punts a couple weeks before. Saying the game was lost on a play in the first half is just ridiculous and your bias is showing again. Yes, it was a bad and costly play by Hurts, which he overcame and had the team up 10 at the half. Asking the defense to force at least one punt/FG in a half is not unreasonable. Mahomes is great but not perfect. Other teams could slow him down, why couldn't Gannon?
Somehow the defense was able to limit KC to only 14 points in the first half but couldn't make a single stop or force a single turnover in the second half, and we're supposed to just ignore their second half failings while dwelling on the QB's first half mistake. That same defense that was supposed to have a fearsome D line and the best CB tandem in the NFL.

If you knew anything about KC they are a slow starting offense. Most analytics said they are a second half team. I was watching NFL Network halftime instead of the half time show and both guys said KC is more of a second half team. The Eagles struggled on both sides of the ball all year in the 2nd half. It was a dangerous mix that we were playing Russian roulette with all year It bit us in the *** finally in the end though.

We can blame the defense all we want, but the fact of the matter going in everyone and their mother knew defense didn't matter in this game. It was going to be whoever had the ball at the end.
Imagine if the defense with the big bad line and best CB tandem was able to give the ball back to the Eagles' offense for the final possession. They would have won.

You honestly think that? With the way our offense was playing I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly shocked they scored that lone TD in the 2nd Half honestly.

We can blame the defense all we want, but the fact of the matter going in everyone and their mother knew defense didn't matter in this game. It was going to be whoever had the ball at the end.
Imagine if the defense with the big bad line and best CB tandem was able to give the ball back to the Eagles' offense for the final possession. They would have won.

You honestly think that? With the way our offense was playing I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly shocked they scored that lone TD in the 2nd Half honestly.
In a game where they lost by 3 points? Yes, I honestly believe if the defense had come up with one 2nd half stop or turnover the Eagles win that game.

Me too. He's (probably) used to carrying the ball with his rugby background. I've always wondered if they'd put him in in a short yardage situation to just fall forward. Talk about "pushing the pile"! Of course, if they did that he was successful people might start to whine about it being unstoppable and the league needs to ban 375 lb men from carrying the ball.
And when some of us on here start crying about media and other fans complaining about us the bolded is a good reason why

Me too. He's (probably) used to carrying the ball with his rugby background. I've always wondered if they'd put him in in a short yardage situation to just fall forward. Talk about "pushing the pile"! Of course, if they did that he was successful people might start to whine about it being unstoppable and the league needs to ban 375 lb men from carrying the ball.
And when some of us on here start crying about media and other fans complaining about us the bolded is a good reason why
Well right now we have people and the media whining that a QB *might* get hurt running that play. Not that any QB has been, but they *might*. I'd wager far more QBs are hurt in the pocket than running on short yardage.

Eagles are giving All-Pro RT Lane Johnson a one-year, $33.445 million contract extension, including $30 million guaranteed, per source. He’s now under contract through 2026. Johnson hasn’t surrendered a sack the past two seasons, even playing last postseason with a torn adductor.
I know this helps our cap and Howie structured it great, but damn, isn't 33/yr for a lineman unheard of?
That’s the new money on the rest of his years under this new contract that adds a year to the years he already had. So it’s basically giving him a reasonable per year raise and an extra year at that higher salary.

Don’t know the specific numbers yet but say he had 3 years left @ $19M each ($57M coming his way), this adds a 4th @$22.5m and those other years increase to $22.5M, so now he has $90M coming his way ($57M + $33M).
Thanks, was a bit confused on this, you seem to have the good grasp on cap stuff that I was looking for lol
Looks like the rough numbers are: went from 3 years/$47M ($16M/yr) to 4 years/$80M ($20M/yr)

In a game where they lost by 3 points? Yes, I honestly believe if the defense had come up with one 2nd half stop or turnover the Eagles win that game.

The Eagles went for a FG rather then going for it earlier in the 2nd half. If Sirianni was aggressive there like he was all year makes the attempt maybe they score a TD. We chose to kick a field goal and hide our balls there. The offense wasn't doing much in the 2nd half at all. They had a long drive in the 3rd that took over 8 mins off the clock which was good. But it was just a FG they kicked. The Eagles next scoring drive took 4 mins off the clock. after KC scored a TD on a great PR by a guy I'm still not sure we even punted too. KC Scored on a busted coverage. Eagles then took the 4 mins off and TD +2. KC then took 4 Mins off the clock covered on a 4th and 1 and then Bradberry took a stupid penalty. on a 3rd down where KC got a FG. The Eagles by all intent and purposes the last part of that 2nd half weren't marching down the field with any insurgency what so ever. You also saw the lame duck throw at the end of the game there right by Hurts. At least give your guys a chance. I sure hope that was solely because of the shoulder injury though.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

Tony Pollard is a ton better than the likes of Miles Sanders or David Montgomery. That's not a bad move by Dallas at all.

Truthfully, both Dallas and Philly are among the more well run teams in the NFL, and are likely 2 of the 3 best teams in the NFC going forward.
A Ton better? Maybe more so than Montgomery, but he was a shade better than Miles last year. And neither of these guys are coming off a broken leg. Simply put, the Eagles don't value the RB position the way Dallas does, as far as both draft capital and salary cap space. Right now they have $16m committed to the position this year due to this philosophy when the results show the last decade of Super Bowl winners invest hardly anything here. I'm all for division rivals, to include the Giants overspend a position when most/rest of the league is smarter than that. Gives the Birds an obvious edge in roster construction.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

The player he just signed is at least replacement level for who they lost and possibly an upgrade. Meanwhile, the rest of the league is predicting the Eagles to fall apart. So far hasn't happened.

In Howie we trust!

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

As usual, you’re bringing Dallas into the conversation for no reason.

Tell you what. When I start typing with the Jones’ entire genitalia in my other hand like you do with Howie Roseman, then you can bring them into this conversation

Always here talking football. Don't change!!

Terrell Edmunds has plenty of starting experience at safety. Which was much-needed in Philadelphia’s safety room. Edmunds has played over 5,000 total snaps and in various alignments.

1,989 snaps as a box safety.
1,446 snaps as a deep safety.
1,280 snaps as a slot defender.

Terrell Edmunds will be a box safety for the Eagles most downs which is what was needed for Desai’s defense. He’s a sound tackler.
**Really** like the signing. Howie gonna Howie what can we say. He just makes really smart decisions. Seems to play a similar role to Blankenship though, so Ed Reed Blankenship might not be starting so much as we once thought 24 hours ago.

With that said, I don't know s*** so he could be in rotation with other players as well.

Very happy with this move though.

Report from a beat writer in Pittsburgh, Edmunds is "dependably horrible". Said he never misses a game but isn't particularly good at anything.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

The player he just signed is at least replacement level for who they lost and possibly an upgrade. Meanwhile, the rest of the league is predicting the Eagles to fall apart. So far hasn't happened.

In Howie we trust!

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

Tell you what. When I start typing with the Jones’ entire genitalia in my other hand like you do with Howie Roseman, then you can bring them into this conversation

Not his line but you continue to be....you.

I know I'm a lot lower than others on CJGJ, but I think Edmunds is a sideways move, and could even be an upgrade. Really Edmunds is a replacement for Epps, I would think Reed Blankenship takes CJGJ's spot, and during his limited playing time as a rookie, looks like he could be an upgrade, very excited about his prospects.
Not sure I'd say it's sideways or upgrade, but this REALLY REALLY softens the blow. We knew big losses were coming, and no one is saying our roster will be as talented/good as last years, but I'm really really happy with this offseason compared to what it COULD have been.

Blankenship and CJGJ aren't even in the same realm of talent. Blankenship can't cover my grandmother.

In other safety News the Eagles yesterday hosted Keanu Neal who played mostly LB with the Cowboys last year. Neal was with ATL and gave the deflection off his knee pass completion to the Eagles in 17 Playoffs.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

In Howie we trust!

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

Not his line but you continue to be....you.
That’s all he has left 🤷🏻‍♂️

In other safety News the Eagles yesterday hosted Keanu Neal who played mostly LB with the Cowboys last year. Neal was with ATL and gave the deflection off his knee pass completion to the Eagles in 17 Playoffs.

That guy is done. He was washed when we had him. Played OK the year before.

The Eagles went for a FG rather then going for it earlier in the 2nd half. If Sirianni was aggressive there like he was all year makes the attempt maybe they score a TD. We chose to kick a field goal and hide our balls there. The offense wasn't doing much in the 2nd half at all. They had a long drive in the 3rd that took over 8 mins off the clock which was good. But it was just a FG they kicked. The Eagles next scoring drive took 4 mins off the clock. after KC scored a TD on a great PR by a guy I'm still not sure we even punted too. KC Scored on a busted coverage. Eagles then took the 4 mins off and TD +2. KC then took 4 Mins off the clock covered on a 4th and 1 and then Bradberry took a stupid penalty. on a 3rd down where KC got a FG. The Eagles by all intent and purposes the last part of that 2nd half weren't marching down the field with any insurgency what so ever. You also saw the lame duck throw at the end of the game there right by Hurts. At least give your guys a chance. I sure hope that was solely because of the shoulder injury though.
During their podcast, Kelce said Hurts stepped on his foot and that's why the bad throw. Don't have the heart to go back and watch it.

Regarding Sirianni's lack of aggression, it wasn't the field goal but the terrible punt they did late in the game. I was surprised they were kicking. it was 4th and 3 on their own 32, so not an automatic go for it, but something he's done before. With the way the defense was playing, I thought they would go for it and was surprised they kicked. Figured they wouldn't see the ball again. The fact the punt/coverage was bad just made it even worse.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

A Ton better? Maybe more so than Montgomery, but he was a shade better than Miles last year.
I can agree with the philosophy of just not paying RBs at all, but Miles Sanders wasn't even close to as good as Pollard last year. Not in any way. Pollard was a clearly better runner, and infinitely better in the passing game. Between this, and some talk in the Bijan thread, I'm starting to think Pollard is still somehow the most underrated RB in the NFL. Frankly, I'd argue he was more deserving of the franchise tag than Saquon was, as Pollard is the better RB.

Blankenship and CJGJ aren't even in the same realm of talent. Blankenship can't cover my grandmother.
Your Grandmother should probably get an agent then, because Blankenship was 27th among Safeties in coverage grade, and that's the weakest part of his game. For reference point, CJGJ was 44th, though he did have a much larger sample size.

The Steelers aren’t paying anyone of note and they allow a 26 yr old former 1st rd pick to just walk. Expectations are tempered

Eagles signed S Terrell Edmunds, formerly of the Steelers.
Few notes I found on him. Maybe @fred_1_15301 can give us some more insight on him, but damn this looks pretty good on the surface.

Terrell Edmunds is 26 years old, and has started every game he’s played in for Steelers over the last two years

Started 75/79 games - 410 tackles - 15 TFLs - 5 sacks - 5 INTs

Coverage Grade, per PFF :
Overall Defense: 30th
Edmunds: 31st
CJGJ: 35th

Run Grade, per PFF
Overall Defense: 41st
Edmunds: 40th
CJGJ: 56th

Former first round draft pick for the Steelers. He played in a lot of games, very reliable, a good complement to our other star safety Minkah and a classy player. He’s still pretty young and I think he will do well in Philly. With Watt, Heyward and Minkah leading our defense, I feel like Edmunds was never really in the spot light. He’s not a superstar but still a solid, reliable player.

Tony Pollard is a ton better than the likes of Miles Sanders

Come on man. He wasn’t a ton better BEFORE breaking his leg. In 4 years he’s been nothing more than a change of pace back. Now he’s what a top 5 paid RB? Lol
He's been the among the top-5 most efficient RBs in the NFL over the last 3 years. Not his fault Dallas was in denial about Zeke's decline. Pollard should have been the starter years ago. Same way it wasn't Austin Ekeler's fault the Chargers preferred running Melvin Gordon for under 4 yards a pop. Gotta justify those high draft picks I guess.

Sanders has been among the worst starters in the NFL, and will almost certainly continue to be on a much worse offense. He was a liability in the passing game, and while he had a high YPC, he wasn't trusted with the money carries for most of his career, and that was competing with Jordan Howard, Boston Scott, and Kenneth Gainwell, not Ezekiel Elliott.

can agree with the philosophy of just not paying RBs at all, but Miles Sanders wasn't even close to as good as Pollard last year. Not in any way. Pollard was a clearly better runner, and infinitely better in the passing game.
The poster you quoted only looks at stats. Anyone that actually watches games could see Pollard is electric with the ball in his hands

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

A Ton better? Maybe more so than Montgomery, but he was a shade better than Miles last year. And neither of these guys are coming off a broken leg. Simply put, the Eagles don't value the RB position the way Dallas does, as far as both draft capital and salary cap space. Right now they have $16m committed to the position this year due to this philosophy when the results show the last decade of Super Bowl winners invest hardly anything here. I'm all for division rivals, to include the Giants overspend a position when most/rest of the league is smarter than that. Gives the Birds an obvious edge in roster construction.

The Eagles were going to Draft Dalvin Cook before Minn jumped ahead of them and took him. SO they took the next best back. I think if they had a Dalvin Cook they'd have tried to keep him and changed their philosophy. Miles was always the 2nd choice. I think his injuries and fumbling issues really soared the team. They don't value RB like others and most NFL teams don't anymore but at the same time it's not like the Eagles have had a top 3 Cow bell back for awhile either.

Terrell Edmunds has plenty of starting experience at safety. Which was much-needed in Philadelphia’s safety room. Edmunds has played over 5,000 total snaps and in various alignments.

1,989 snaps as a box safety.
1,446 snaps as a deep safety.
1,280 snaps as a slot defender.

Terrell Edmunds will be a box safety for the Eagles most downs which is what was needed for Desai’s defense. He’s a sound tackler.
**Really** like the signing. Howie gonna Howie what can we say. He just makes really smart decisions. Seems to play a similar role to Blankenship though, so Ed Reed Blankenship might not be starting so much as we once thought 24 hours ago.

With that said, I don't know s*** so he could be in rotation with other players as well.

Very happy with this move though.

Report from a beat writer in Pittsburgh, Edmunds is "dependably horrible". Said he never misses a game but isn't particularly good at anything.

Yep he had like one good year and then started to **** the bed. He's a good role guy. He's not gonna do much more then you ask of him and don't expect him to be the big impact guy.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

The Eagles were going to Draft Dalvin Cook before Minn jumped ahead of them and took him. SO they took the next best back. I think if they had a Dalvin Cook they'd have tried to keep him and changed their philosophy. Miles was always the 2nd choice. I think his injuries and fumbling issues really soared the team. They don't value RB like others and most NFL teams don't anymore but at the same time it's not like the Eagles have had a top 3 Cow bell back for awhile either.
Dalvin Cook was drafted 2 years before Sanders was. The only RB the Eagles took in the Cook draft was Donnel Pumphrey, 2 rounds later.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

A Ton better? Maybe more so than Montgomery, but he was a shade better than Miles last year.
I can agree with the philosophy of just not paying RBs at all, but Miles Sanders wasn't even close to as good as Pollard last year. Not in any way. Pollard was a clearly better runner, and infinitely better in the passing game. Between this, and some talk in the Bijan thread, I'm starting to think Pollard is still somehow the most underrated RB in the NFL. Frankly, I'd argue he was more deserving of the franchise tag than Saquon was, as Pollard is the better RB.

Your Grandmother should probably get an agent then, because Blankenship was 27th among Safeties in coverage grade, and that's the weakest part of his game. For reference point, CJGJ was 44th, though he did have a much larger sample size.
You are correct. Miles Sanders was 5th in rushing yards, and Tony Pollard was 16th. Not close at all. I will agree he is a better pass catcher, and sure he had 5.3 ypc to Miles' 4.9. But he also broke his leg, which ya know, is a big thing for running backs - staying healthy. "Infinitely better"? And I was the one accused of being hyperbolic. Miles had more rushing touchdowns, less receiving touchdowns. Pollard is ranked right where he should be, a high end RBBC back that won't ever be a bell cow.

Tony Pollard is a ton better than the likes of Miles Sanders

Come on man. He wasn’t a ton better BEFORE breaking his leg. In 4 years he’s been nothing more than a change of pace back. Now he’s what a top 5 paid RB? Lol
He's been the among the top-5 most efficient RBs in the NFL over the last 3 years. Not his fault Dallas was in denial about Zeke's decline. Pollard should have been the starter years ago. Same way it wasn't Austin Ekeler's fault the Chargers preferred running Melvin Gordon for under 4 yards a pop. Gotta justify those high draft picks I guess.

Sanders has been among the worst starters in the NFL, and will almost certainly continue to be on a much worse offense. He was a liability in the passing game, and while he had a high YPC, he wasn't trusted with the money carries for most of his career, and that was competing with Jordan Howard, Boston Scott, and Kenneth Gainwell, not Ezekiel Elliott.

can agree with the philosophy of just not paying RBs at all, but Miles Sanders wasn't even close to as good as Pollard last year. Not in any way. Pollard was a clearly better runner, and infinitely better in the passing game.
The poster you quoted only looks at stats. Anyone that actually watches games could see Pollard is electric with the ball in his hands

Anyone that watches knows he’s a change of pace RB, and that’s it at this stage. He’s never been asked to carry the load and he wasn’t trusted to by the people who see him every day. That’s before he broke his leg. To say he’s a ton better than Sanders is simply asinine.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

You are correct. Miles Sanders was 5th in rushing yards, and Tony Pollard was 16th. Not close at all. I will agree he is a better pass catcher, and sure he had 5.3 ypc to Miles' 4.9. But he also broke his leg, which ya know, is a big thing for running backs - staying healthy. "Infinitely better"? And I was the one accused of being hyperbolic. Miles had more rushing touchdowns, less receiving touchdowns. Pollard is ranked right where he should be, a high end RBBC back that won't ever be a bell cow.

I don't think you want to use a health argument when defending Miles Sanders. One of the reasons The Eagles soured on Miles was his availability issues to stay on the field. Its also why I think they never gave him the ball as much as they could've/shoul've as they were afraid he'd get hurt.

I just think CJGJ is a mediocre player, who is greatly overhyped by fans/media. The fact that he's on his 3rd team in 3 years, and nobody signed him long-term seems to back that up a little. I don't think he'll be missed.
It has to be something not well documented. Kid must rub coaches the wrong way or something
Well right now we have people and the media whining that a QB *might* get hurt running that play. Not that any QB has been, but they *might*. I'd wager far more QBs are hurt in the pocket than running on short yardage.
Yep. IN fact....has ANY significant injury happened on a similar play? Like ever?

These behemoths have no momentum on the play. It's pure strength. It's simply not nearly as dangerous as it appears, and far less dangerous then the average hit at speed in the open field

Last edited:
While Sanders looked pretty darn electric at times also, I have to agree Pollard is the better back at this point.

While Sanders looked pretty darn electric at times also, I have to agree Pollard is the better back at this point.
Pollard is talent for sure but he’s accomplished little at this point. Over the years there’s been hundreds and hundreds of backs who look great is a change of pace role and than can’t take the full load. Now there’s a broken leg and surgery to consider as well.

Cowboys fans please be cool.

Eagles fans, please stop reporting every single post that remotely challenges you. You guys embrace the tough guy fan persona. Please cry less when someone gives a bit of that back to you.
Thank you for posting this
I see this post got a few laughs. I said the exact thing a few pages ago, now the mods are saying it. When will you believe it ?

Pollard is talent for sure but he’s accomplished little at this point. Over the years there’s been hundreds and hundreds of backs who look great is a change of pace role and than can’t take the full load. Now there’s a broken leg and surgery to consider as well.
I think he will carry more of a full load this year than people think.

Yep. IN fact....has ANY significant injury happened on a similar play? Like ever?

These behemoths have no momentum on the play. It's pure strength. It's simply not nearly as dangerous as it appears, and far less dangerous then the average hit at speed in the open field
Right? What's more dangerous - Jalen Hurts getting pushed for a yard or two from under center or Derrick Henry running into the line from 8 yards back? Gimme a break, people are complaining because they don't like how successful the Eagles were with it. No one can come up with a decent reason why it should be banned. The best reason is the honest one, they just don't like it.

However I have been very consistent giving my support to a total ban on pushing any player, any place on the field from behind. Just don't single out the QB, because then they're targeting one team. If its an unfair advantage at the LOS, then its an unfair advantage *everywhere* for every position.

No one cries when their WR is pushed over the goal line though or their RB needs help getting one more yard for a first down.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

You just can't say that about teams for more than the next season anymore. The NFL changes so fast with player movement, salary restrictions, and injuries.

The only teams that really can say that usually have a few things in common. A great front office, a great coach and an all time great at QB and as well as Hurts played last year I am not ready to say that.

He's "not" trolling

The response ?

Dalvin Cook was drafted 2 years before Sanders was. The only RB the Eagles took in the Cook draft was Donnel Pumphrey, 2 rounds later.

My bad I get the 2 yrs mixed up

That’s before he broke his leg. To say he’s a ton better than Sanders is simply asinine.
Do you think there is a GM in the league that would take Sanders over Pollard?

I don’t

Yes, I believe NFL GM’s think differently.

That’s why they get fired so often I guess

Most GM's and Coaches have huge egos and some need to be saved from themselves like Howie and Lurie were trying to do to Pederson. I'm sure Doug will coach a bit differently in terms of coaches and holding them more accountable this time around among other issues.

You get Owners like Jerry who want to run the whole show instead of letting the guys in charge do it but he's backed off a bit more,

You got coaches like Chip Kelly who had a huge ego as well.

Just a lot of clashing personalities. It's why you'll see some coaches take reclamation QB projects on like the Mike Vick's of the World, Cam Newton's etc.

It's also how you end up with the Josh McDaniel coaches who think their **** doesn't stink and want to brag about their success elsewhere and how "they had to come back and saved them." and thinks he's god like he takes a chance of over drafting a Tim Tebow.

Then you got Scouts GMS and coaches who just completely miss on how bad a prospect is miss drafting a guy becomes real good do to egos. Happens in all sports.

Users who are viewing this thread