What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

While Sanders looked pretty darn electric at times also, I have to agree Pollard is the better back at this point.
Pollard is talent for sure but he’s accomplished little at this point. Over the years there’s been hundreds and hundreds of backs who look great is a change of pace role and than can’t take the full load. Now there’s a broken leg and surgery to consider as well.

A broken leg isn't near as bad as a blown out knee.

Yep. IN fact....has ANY significant injury happened on a similar play? Like ever?

These behemoths have no momentum on the play. It's pure strength. It's simply not nearly as dangerous as it appears, and far less dangerous then the average hit at speed in the open field
Right? What's more dangerous - Jalen Hurts getting pushed for a yard or two from under center or Derrick Henry running into the line from 8 yards back? Gimme a break, people are complaining because they don't like how successful the Eagles were with it. No one can come up with a decent reason why it should be banned. The best reason is the honest one, they just don't like it.

However I have been very consistent giving my support to a total ban on pushing any player, any place on the field from behind. Just don't single out the QB, because then they're targeting one team. If its an unfair advantage at the LOS, then its an unfair advantage *everywhere* for every position.

No one cries when their WR is pushed over the goal line though or their RB needs help getting one more yard for a first down.
Or the undersized DB get pushed from behind by another DB in order to stop the bigger WR. The "push" happens all over the field on both sides of the ball

Yep. IN fact....has ANY significant injury happened on a similar play? Like ever?

These behemoths have no momentum on the play. It's pure strength. It's simply not nearly as dangerous as it appears, and far less dangerous then the average hit at speed in the open field
Right? What's more dangerous - Jalen Hurts getting pushed for a yard or two from under center or Derrick Henry running into the line from 8 yards back? Gimme a break, people are complaining because they don't like how successful the Eagles were with it. No one can come up with a decent reason why it should be banned. The best reason is the honest one, they just don't like it.

However I have been very consistent giving my support to a total ban on pushing any player, any place on the field from behind. Just don't single out the QB, because then they're targeting one team. If its an unfair advantage at the LOS, then its an unfair advantage *everywhere* for every position.

No one cries when their WR is pushed over the goal line though or their RB needs help getting one more yard for a first down.
Or the undersized DB get pushed from behind by another DB in order to stop the bigger WR. The "push" happens all over the field on both sides of the ball
The NFL rule used to be no pushing any player from behind. They changed the rule because it became too difficult to call fairly. They should just leave the rule alone or go back to the way it used to be called - just a blanket statement that no player can be pushed or pulled to gain an advantage.

Last edited:
Haha sweet! I wonder who will be Agent Zero for the Eagles?

Money is on a DB of sorts...
Odds to be the first Eagles player in 2023 to wear #0:

Devon Allen +150
Field +200
Kenny Gainwell +225
Nakobe Dean +300
Rashaad Penny +350
Terrell Edmunds +450
Christian Ellis +500
Greedy Williams +650
Marcus Mariota +900
Bijan Robinson +10000

Last edited:
Two other proposals from the Eagles that have flown under the radar because of the 4th & 20 onside kick replacement and allowing the jersey #0:
  • Allow kickers and punters to wear 0-49 and 90-99
  • Add tenths of a second to the game clock in the final 30 seconds of each half
New number ranges for Kickers and Punters also passed. Sebastian Janikowski definitely would have worn #99.

Haha sweet! I wonder who will be Agent Zero for the Eagles?

Money is on a DB of sorts...
Odds to be the first Eagles player in 2023 to wear #0:

Devon Allen +150
Field +200
Kenny Gainwell +225
Nakobe Dean +300
Rashaad Penny +350
Terrell Edmunds +450
Christian Ellis +500
Greedy Williams +650
Marcus Mariota +900
Bijan Robinson +10000
Or will it be Hurts and 0 will suddenly replace #1 as the "most douchy number to pick" according to some...

Eagles officially bring back Kelly Green Jersey per Jeffrey Lurie. However the 1 alternate helmet rule is still in place. Meaning Eagles have their current Midnight Green plus Black Helmets only. No Kelly Green one for the Kelly Green Jerseys

Eagles officially bring back Kelly Green Jersey per Jeffrey Lurie. However the 1 alternate helmet rule is still in place. Meaning Eagles have their current Midnight Green plus Black Helmets only. No Kelly Green one for the Kelly Green Jerseys
If they don’t get the “2 alternate helmets” proposal approved, they likely will ditch the black helmets for this year. Current helmets with the black jersey is fine and they did it for years before the black helmet. Kelly green jersey with the current helmets would look awful.

Bummed about the change back. Was never a fan of the Kelly green (puke green). And I just bought a new black jersey a few months ago :rant:

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Bummed about the change back. Was never a fan of the Kelly green (puke green). And I just bought a new black jersey a few months ago :rant:
Pretty sure we will still be using black jerseys sometimes too, right? Just maybe not the all black helmet

Pretty sure we will still be using black jerseys sometimes too, right? Just maybe not the all black helmet
Right. Kelly Green is being added as the 2nd alternate jersey. Probably 2 black games, 1 Kelly Green, in 2023.

If they don’t get the “2 alternate helmets” proposal approved, they likely will ditch the black helmets for this year. Current helmets with the black jersey is fine and they did it for years before the black helmet. Kelly green jersey with the current helmets would look awful.

In Madden I've done the Kelly Green Helmets on Black which doesn't look terrible.

Eagles are signing former Saints DT Kentavius Street, per sources. Street racked up six sacks for the Saints last season on the 518 snaps he played. Street now joins safety Justin Evans as the second free agent this off-season to go from New Orleans to Philadelphia.

Thoughts?

Eagles are signing former Saints DT Kentavius Street, per sources. Street racked up six sacks for the Saints last season on the 518 snaps he played. Street now joins safety Justin Evans as the second free agent this off-season to go from New Orleans to Philadelphia.

Thoughts?

exerpts from Saints 2022 Year-In-Review: Kentavius Street
Street was a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers out of N.C. State. An injury shelved him for his entire rookie year and all but the last three games of 2019.

After playing both the edge and inside with San Francisco, Street was predominantly a tackle for the Saints.

At 6'2" and 287-Lbs., Street showed the strength and leverage to be a factor inside. He also has a quick first step, giving him an advantage against larger blockers.

Street was part of a defensive tackle position that struggled throughout the year, especially against the run. The Saints defense ranked a lowly 24th against the run, allowing over 130 yards per game. It was their worst defensive performance on the ground since 2015.

Opponents pushed around the New Orleans tackles all season. The group played slightly better toward the end of the year, but was still their biggest defensive liability. New Orleans also got little consistency from their interior pass rush. The tackles combined for just 11.5 of the team’s 48 sacks, 24 of 87 QB hits, and 13 of 77 tackles for loss.

Thoughts?

exerpts from Saints 2022 Year-In-Review: Kentavius Street
Street was a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers out of N.C. State. An injury shelved him for his entire rookie year and all but the last three games of 2019.

After playing both the edge and inside with San Francisco, Street was predominantly a tackle for the Saints.

At 6'2" and 287-Lbs., Street showed the strength and leverage to be a factor inside. He also has a quick first step, giving him an advantage against larger blockers.

Street was part of a defensive tackle position that struggled throughout the year, especially against the run. The Saints defense ranked a lowly 24th against the run, allowing over 130 yards per game. It was their worst defensive performance on the ground since 2015.

Opponents pushed around the New Orleans tackles all season. The group played slightly better toward the end of the year, but was still their biggest defensive liability. New Orleans also got little consistency from their interior pass rush. The tackles combined for just 11.5 of the team’s 48 sacks, 24 of 87 QB hits, and 13 of 77 tackles for loss.
Seems like a good depth guy. Basically same number of sacks as Cox got playing the same position, and likely an incredible amount cheaper.

Hearing a lot of reports that Jalen Carter former UGA player has failed to impress a lot of scouts and Orgs during this whole pre draft process on and off the field. I wouldn't be shocked at this rate if he slipped out of the 1st round completely now.

Per Jordan Rannan Giants reporter The Giants and Jets replaced the Controversial turf at MetLife Stadium. The turf caused numerous injuries to many players including some key players on both NY teams who play their home games there.

Hearing a lot of reports that Jalen Carter former UGA player has failed to impress a lot of scouts and Orgs during this whole pre draft process on and off the field. I wouldn't be shocked at this rate if he slipped out of the 1st round completely now.

I want the Eagles to take him if he's there at 10. If he's there at 30 and the Eagles pass then IMO the guy is undraftable since the Eagles slobber over trench guys.

Per Jordan Rannan Giants reporter The Giants and Jets replaced the Controversial turf at MetLife Stadium. The turf caused numerous injuries to many players including some key players on both NY teams who play their home games there.
they are going to the same turf installed in Seattle for more than the past decade. i often wondered if the injuries to Penny and Cris Carson were at least at some level because of the turf, seahawks haven't had a healthy rb season since Lynch left. i guess their studies concluded the turf is not a cause for concern.

copied from wiki, it's called FieldTurf, the last sentence is quite damning, though this is over 10 years ago. Most of the other stuff were studies funded by the manufacturer.
Some evidence shows higher player injury on artificial turf. In a study performed by the National Football League Injury and Safety Panel, published in the October 2012 issue of the American Journal of Sports Medicine, Elliott B. Hershman et al. reviewed injury data from NFL games played between 2000 and 2009. They wrote, "...the injury rate of knee sprains as a whole was 22% higher on FieldTurf than on natural grass. While MCL sprains did not occur at a rate significantly higher than on grass, rates of ACL sprains were 67% higher on FieldTurf."

Studies of the safety of FieldTurf are conflicting. A five-year study funded by FieldTurf and published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine found that injury rates for high-school sports were similar on natural grass and synthetic turf. However, notable differences in the types of injuries were found. Athletes playing on synthetic turf sustained more skin injuries and muscle strains, while those who played on natural grass were more susceptible to concussions and ligament tears. In 2010, another FieldTurf-funded but peer-reviewed study was published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, this time on NCAA Division I-A football, concluding that in many cases, games played on FieldTurf-branded products led to fewer injuries than those played on natural grass. However, the NFL's Injury and Safety Panel presented a study finding that anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries happened 88% more often in games played on FieldTurf than in games played on grass. In 2012, the Injury and Safety Panel published an independently funded analysis of actual game data over the 2000–2009 seasons. Their statistically significant findings showed a 67% higher rate of ACL sprains and 31% higher rate of eversion ankle sprains.

so little bit of room for optimism on Penny staying healthy on natural grass, at least at home games.

they are going to the same turf installed in Seattle for more than the past decade. i often wondered if the injuries to Penny and Cris Carson were at least at some level because of the turf, seahawks haven't had a healthy rb season since Lynch left. i guess their studies concluded the turf is not a cause for concern.

copied from wiki, it's called FieldTurf, the last sentence is quite damning, though this is over 10 years ago. Most of the other stuff were studies funded by the manufacturer.
Some evidence shows higher player injury on artificial turf. In a study performed by the National Football League Injury and Safety Panel, published in the October 2012 issue of the American Journal of Sports Medicine, Elliott B. Hershman et al. reviewed injury data from NFL games played between 2000 and 2009. They wrote, "...the injury rate of knee sprains as a whole was 22% higher on FieldTurf than on natural grass. While MCL sprains did not occur at a rate significantly higher than on grass, rates of ACL sprains were 67% higher on FieldTurf."

Studies of the safety of FieldTurf are conflicting. A five-year study funded by FieldTurf and published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine found that injury rates for high-school sports were similar on natural grass and synthetic turf. However, notable differences in the types of injuries were found. Athletes playing on synthetic turf sustained more skin injuries and muscle strains, while those who played on natural grass were more susceptible to concussions and ligament tears. In 2010, another FieldTurf-funded but peer-reviewed study was published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, this time on NCAA Division I-A football, concluding that in many cases, games played on FieldTurf-branded products led to fewer injuries than those played on natural grass. However, the NFL's Injury and Safety Panel presented a study finding that anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries happened 88% more often in games played on FieldTurf than in games played on grass. In 2012, the Injury and Safety Panel published an independently funded analysis of actual game data over the 2000–2009 seasons. Their statistically significant findings showed a 67% higher rate of ACL sprains and 31% higher rate of eversion ankle sprains.

so little bit of room for optimism on Penny staying healthy on natural grass, at least at home games.

Fun fact my cousin when he lived in SEA and had season Tickets to the Seahawks from work they sat right next to the Guy who invented it as he was from SEA.

Last edited:

I want the Eagles to take him if he's there at 10. If he's there at 30 and the Eagles pass then IMO the guy is undraftable since the Eagles slobber over trench guys.
I wouldn't take him unless he dropped considerable at this point. At our first pick unless we are trading back needs to be a hit. At this rate Carter is just too much of a risk right now.

Cmon Howie, get this Hurts deal done. Burrow is negotiating now and that will only drive his price up.

Cmon Howie, get this Hurts deal done. Burrow is negotiating now and that will only drive his price up.
I'm sure he wants to. Jalens agent is probably slow rolling this so she doesn't look foolish when the others get theirs.

Any noise out there on Trey Serman's role for the coming year? He is getting bid up in my dynasty league free agent auction to the same level as Hayden Hurst and Shakir. Seems high for a depth guy.

Any noise out there on Trey Serman's role for the coming year? He is getting bid up in my dynasty league free agent auction to the same level as Hayden Hurst and Shakir. Seems high for a depth guy.
He could carve out a role but I wouldn't go much higher than the min bid. I still expect the Eagles to add at least a mid/late round RB.

They might bring in another FA RB late and even draft an RB in Mid to late of the draft.

Jalen Carter is about to fall big time. Refusing to talk to teams outside the top Ten now.
because he's going to go in the top 10.
He better, now that he's pulled this. It could backfire on him and cause a huge slide if he DOESN'T go top 10 because the rest of the teams are going to wonder what scared those teams off and avoid taking him in the teens or early twenties.

Jalen Carter is about to fall big time. Refusing to talk to teams outside the top Ten now.
He better, now that he's pulled this. It could backfire on him and cause a huge slide if he DOESN'T go top 10 because the rest of the teams are going to wonder what scared those teams off and avoid taking him in the teens or early twenties.
Lots of players have done this before, the whole "ill only visit top X teams"

I think no way we pass on him if he's there at 10.

He might be. I was convinced that he was a slam dunk pick for Chicago if he was there at 9, but I no longer feel that way. After listening to interviews with Poles, I think they'll go with a 'safe' pick like a OT or CB. Most likely an OT.

But what is the rationale for doing this? What is the upside? What if a team outside of top 10 wanted to trade up for him?

But what is the rationale for doing this? What is the upside? What if a team outside of top 10 wanted to trade up for him?
From the outside, the only upside is he makes fewer visits. So comes off a bit lazy/selfish. Maybe it means nothing, maybe he's Albert Haynesworth. Top picks go under a microscope, so doing things like this is a bad look. His agent/team should know better.

From the outside, the only upside is he makes fewer visits. So comes off a bit lazy/selfish. Maybe it means nothing, maybe he's Albert Haynesworth. Top picks go under a microscope, so doing things like this is a bad look. His agent/team should know better.

Or maybe they have multiple teams in the top 10 that have already indicated they're taking him if he's there.

Right?

Seems arrogant

I think he just knows he's going top 10.

It's basketball, but Cade Cunningham last year did the same, and said he would only visit with the team that had the #1 overall pick.

Users who are viewing this thread