What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (7 Viewers)

Philly Native and Former Charger Safety Nasir Adderley retires. One of the top safeties today retires. Adderley sent 4 yrs in the NFL and Eagles fans will remember him most as the guy who was taken in the draft after JJAW a few picks later. Thats another safety off the board.

Between the trade rumors and the release rumors it seems like Howie dared Slay to find a better option and when he couldn't restructured with no new money. He played chicken with Slay and won.

Or he did what he did with Cox awhile back. Released him and brought him back on a cheaper deal

So what's available for a backup QB now that Brissett is in Washington and Minshew may be going to the Colts?

Wentz, Ryan, Marriotta, Bridewater, Bring our buddy Chase Daniel back, Flacco, etc the backup market isn't anything to great. Bringing Wentz back just to see the cartwheels and backtracking some of these media guys do would be entertaining though.

So what's available for a backup QB now that Brissett is in Washington and Minshew may be going to the Colts?

Wentz, Ryan, Marriotta, Bridewater, Bring our buddy Chase Daniel back, Flacco, etc the backup market isn't anything to great. Bringing Wentz back just to see the cartwheels and backtracking some of these media guys do would be entertaining though.

Mariota makes the most sense IMO. He's mobile enough that your whole offense doesn't have to change if you need him to play a game or two.

Mariota makes the most sense IMO. He's mobile enough that your whole offense doesn't have to change if you need him to play a game or two.
Yeah I think Ryan and Flacco are done. No chance Wentz comes back. MM would make the most sense.

Yeah I think Ryan and Flacco are done. No chance Wentz comes back. MM would make the most sense.
Yuck to all those Turds. Ryan and Flacco have nothing left in their arms, and we know Wentz ain't coming back to back up Hurts lololololol

Darius Slay 2022 via @PFF

Week 1 thru Week 6: Targeted 32 times, 14 catches allowed for 168 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 31.8 passer rating

Week 7 thru Super Bowl: Targeted 51 times, 33 catches allowed for 391 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 114.1 passer rating
Ok yeah that’s a pretty glaring difference.
Knew he was less productive....didn't realize it was THAT glaring

Darius Slay 2022 via @PFF

Week 1 thru Week 6: Targeted 32 times, 14 catches allowed for 168 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 31.8 passer rating

Week 7 thru Super Bowl: Targeted 51 times, 33 catches allowed for 391 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 114.1 passer rating
Ok yeah that’s a pretty glaring difference.
Knew he was less productive....didn't realize it was THAT glaring
The passer rating and td/int obviously big. But in comparing numbers, w7-sb is 12 games vs 6 games in the first sample so targets/catches/yards are about the same.

Was my thought also

Reportedly MM quit on the Falcons last year after the demotion. Not a good look.

I like this signing I think he could be an underrated signing and be one of the best 1 yr contracts of the offseason. Always like Penny but he was either hurt at times or behind other guys and just never given as many oppurtunities as he should've had
200 touches would be a huge haul for him at $1M for the season, very jealous
But then he hurts himself just walking out to stretch on the 3rd day of camp...but the upside is there
Last 4-5 weeks of 2021 season...

Yeah...
"Dancing, Slipping, Driving!"

Well for whatever it means (probably nothing) cjgj just stopped following everyone and deleted his goodbye video to Philly. He prob just playin games but I'm dyin to find out.

Reporting Eagles signed CB Greedy Williams from Cleveland. Suddenly a crowded secondary unless he can play safety. Admittedly I don't know anything about him.

I don't know if they take him. Apparently after he got benched he left the team and threw a temper tantrum You don't want the supposed Locker Room leaders which are the QBs doing that.

Reportedly MM quit on the Falcons last year after the demotion. Not a good look.

This was said when it happened. When he was demoted he left the team and ATL ORG allowed him as they didn't want him near the team.

Reporting Eagles signed CB Greedy Williams from Cleveland. Suddenly a crowded secondary unless he can play safety. Admittedly I don't know anything about him.

Former 2nd rounder from CLE Eagles had interest when he was being drafted in 19 out of LSU so you know he's coached up well. Between LSU and UF That's DBU's right there. Had a nerve injury in shoulder and missed the pandemic year came back well in 21'. He missed 4 games start of last year on IR then came back and only played on Special teams for some reason. It's not like CLE was loaded in the secondary either so who knows Brother was a 6th rounder 21 for the Giants as a DB and still plays for them. If someone goes down of Maddox/Slay/Bradberry he can at least step in

I don't know if they take him. Apparently after he got benched he left the team and threw a temper tantrum You don't want the supposed Locker Room leaders which are the QBs doing that.
Looks like you got him for $5-8 million.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/st...5?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Pick 10 likely no longer a corner I'm assuming. Basically ties us to DL with the pick unless we trade back (which I think we will now)

3/42 for Slay, $23 mill guaranteed
Damn, that's pricey, no?
apparently that 3 years, includes this year, so they were able to significantly reduce this year's cap number. The $23 mill guaranteed also includes this year's salary I guess, so I think overall this deal must be a lot more team-friendly that it sounds on the surface.

That sounds like a lot of money, but the significant part is the $6 million raise from Slay’s original 2023 salary of $17 million to the guaranteed amount of $23 million.

Cap details weren’t immediately available, but the deal will significantly reduce Slay’s unwieldy $26.1 million cap hit for this coming year and carves out cap space for the cap-strapped Eagles while also giving Slay the raise he desperately wanted.

Pick 10 likely no longer a corner I'm assuming. Basically ties us to DL with the pick unless we trade back (which I think we will now)
Wouldn’t count it out. If we stay at 10, their BPA philosophy might lead them to take a CB, and with 2 30yo+ corners it’s still kind of a need.

Still need to see the Slay details. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s been reworked to also make it palatable to get out of it after 2023. The Eagles’ goal was always to keep him this year but on a better number.

Damn, that's pricey, no?
apparently that 3 years, includes this year, so they were able to significantly reduce this year's cap number. The $23 mill guaranteed also includes this year's salary I guess, so I think overall this deal must be a lot more team-friendly that it sounds on the surface.

That sounds like a lot of money, but the significant part is the $6 million raise from Slay’s original 2023 salary of $17 million to the guaranteed amount of $23 million.

Cap details weren’t immediately available, but the deal will significantly reduce Slay’s unwieldy $26.1 million cap hit for this coming year and carves out cap space for the cap-strapped Eagles while also giving Slay the raise he desperately wanted.
wow, that is some salary cap gymnastics. Great if it is a win-win for the Eagles and Slay. Still hoping they get a DB early though so the foundation can be built up, just glad the Eagles won't be forced into it. Would love a trade back again for future draft capital

Damn, that's pricey, no?

wow, that is some salary cap gymnastics. Great if it is a win-win for the Eagles and Slay. Still hoping they get a DB early though so the foundation can be built up, just glad the Eagles won't be forced into it. Would love a trade back again for future draft capital
If they stay at 10, I hope its for DL/DE. I wouldn't want to see a CB drafted there only to have them sit. Whoever they take at 10 I think would have to be a starter in '23. Given the recent signings, I'm in favor of a trade back into the 15-20 range.

Pretty happy with the Mariota signing. Greedy Williams is another classic "Buy low" signing that could pan out like Rashaad Penny. Corners are *still* over 30 so anything is possible at #10 in the draft still, but I, like other Birds guys here am leaning toward the trenches. Jalen Carter very well could be in play.

Gonna try my best to not decipher CJ's next social media moves, but its pretty obvious he is frustrated with his lack of market. His personality, calling out coaches had to have at least *some* effect on his lack of market. A lot of coaches/teams just don't like that stuff and he is finding that out to a degree. Odds are he is back on a big incentive laden 1 year deal and we do it all again next year. Lets see what Howie cooks next.

Pretty happy with the Mariota signing. Greedy Williams is another classic "Buy low" signing that could pan out like Rashaad Penny. Corners are *still* over 30 so anything is possible at #10 in the draft still, but I, like other Birds guys here am leaning toward the trenches. Jalen Carter very well could be in play.

Gonna try my best to not decipher CJ's next social media moves, but its pretty obvious he is frustrated with his lack of market. His personality, calling out coaches had to have at least *some* effect on his lack of market. A lot of coaches/teams just don't like that stuff and he is finding that out to a degree. Odds are he is back on a big incentive laden 1 year deal and we do it all again next year. Lets see what Howie cooks next.
would guess that's the biggest factor holding him back. it's almost painful watching his interviews, though I love his passion for the game.

re-signed so far: Cox, Graham, Kelce, Bradberry, Slay and Boston Scott
gone: Hargrave, Dillard, White, Edwards, Epps and Sanders

will miss the production out of Hargrave, White, Edwards and Epps, but overall looking good heading into the draft with the ones we kept and addition of Penny and Mariota on the offensive side.

remaining '23 FAs: CJGJ, Seumalo, Quinn, Joseph, Pascal, Lovato, Suh

Jalen Carter very well could be in play.
Showed up to his pro day slow, over weight, and refusing to do the athletic drills.

I think this hurts him more than the incident does. If you're already potentially sliding, wouldn't you do everything it takes to show up to that pro day and dominate so teams don't let you slide? Starting to think he may be there at our pick and now not sure how I feel about it.

Showed up to his pro day slow, over weight, and refusing to do the athletic drills.

I think this hurts him more than the incident does. If you're already potentially sliding, wouldn't you do everything it takes to show up to that pro day and dominate so teams don't let you slide? Starting to think he may be there at our pick and now not sure how I feel about it.

Game tape don't lie. He's a stud. I don't need any Mike Mamula workout warriors who can't play.

Game tape don't lie. He's a stud. I don't need any Mike Mamula workout warriors who can't play.
I'd love to see the Eagles take him at 10 as well, but there have been questions about his work ethic and some off the field issues that have only been reinforced over the last few weeks. However I believe the Eagles may have the locker room and veteran presence to help him, let's say, mature and grow into an NFL player.

But at 10, you better not be wrong.

I'd love to see the Eagles take him at 10 as well, but there have been questions about his work ethic and some off the field issues that have only been reinforced over the last few weeks. However I believe the Eagles may have the locker room and veteran presence to help him, let's say, mature and grow into an NFL player.

Bears need d-line in the worst possible way. Zero chance he drops past them.

Possibly, we're just speculating. Strange things happen on draft day. IF he's there, I'd still want him on the Eagles.

I didn't think the legal issues would cause much of a draft day slide, but coupled with his pro day tape he could drop further than we anticipate. Of course if my memory is correct, you may have some knowledge of how teams view him that we don't.

Always good to see you post here. :thumbup:

If he gets past Seattle, I think the Eagles will trade up for him.

Yeah. I think this is possible, but with limited draft capital, unlikely. Howie has the Eagles armed to take truly BPA, and while his pro day is disconcerting, as they say "The film don't lie" or something like that. Considering all the mental stress of both the arrest warrant stuff and prepping (or not at all) for the combine/pro day, it may be the only time to really chalk it up to the totality of circumstances and give him a mulligan for this. Considering all this together is why the professional scouts/evaluators are there to really give the best they can for Howie to make a correct decision whether to draft or not.

Gonna try my best to not decipher CJ's next social media moves, but it’s pretty obvious he is frustrated with his lack of market. His personality, calling out coaches had to have at least *some* effect on his lack of market.
So you’ve changed your tune on his personality? Cool

I think it's more his unwillingness to even show up remotely in shape for the biggest job interview of his life, when there's already people talking about a possible slide. I dunno, I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but I'm shocked that a player with a small character issue hanging over his head, wouldn't show up and shut up all the doubters, and he did the opposite.

No chance. We don't have draft capital to trade up. You also need a trade partner.... If he's viewed as highly by the Eagles as you think he would be, then chances are that Detroit, Vegas, Atlanta, Chicago, would also be licking their lips if he dropped to them and not trade.

Gonna try my best to not decipher CJ's next social media moves, but it’s pretty obvious he is frustrated with his lack of market. His personality, calling out coaches had to have at least *some* effect on his lack of market.
So you’ve changed your tune on his personality? Cool
No. *I" have not. I love his personality, energy and the way he gets under other players' teams' skin. Its not for everyone though. I'm just saying it's the reality of the NFL. Not many owners/coaches/locker rooms can handle it. I'm confident we can. Our team has great leadership, and the ultimate leader and the penultimate position of leadership in the sport. Check Jason Kelce's full comments on Jalen Hurts, but in a nutshell "As long as Jalen Hurts is the QB, I think Philadelphia is in great and and perennial contenders"

I think it's more his unwillingness to even show up remotely in shape for the biggest job interview of his life, when there's already people talking about a possible slide. I dunno, I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but I'm shocked that a player with a small character issue hanging over his head, wouldn't show up and shut up all the doubters, and he did the opposite.

No chance. We don't have draft capital to trade up. You also need a trade partner.... If he's viewed as highly by the Eagles as you think he would be, then chances are that Detroit, Vegas, Atlanta, Chicago, would also be licking their lips if he dropped to them and not trade.
I think we are underrating the effect of indirect involvement in the death of 2 teammates/coaches and the weight it would hold on a young man like this. Just my personal opinion. I was in a horrific car wreck once and it took me years to get past it.

Users who are viewing this thread