What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

since the NFL and other teams are clearly colluding to stop the Eagles (Super Bowl GrassGate + Trying to cancel the push the tush play that cannot be stopped/should be outlawed), I'm starting to think the player or 2 that *most definitely* would make us an unfair team like Carter, Anderson or Wilson won't be there, a trade back to 13-18 seems like the best scenario
Little early in the morning to be drunk ain’t it? Too each their own I guess
Always love your "I just wanna talk about football" commentary

Never change

🥱

CJGJ saying Philly fans are calling him overrated now :<_<:
Yeah he said the Lions have a better roster than the Super Bowl Eagles team, if we are talking "overrated"

And CJGJ somehow things loyal fans of the team they all have rooted for their entire lives is "switching up" when we no longer support him when he is actually the one doing the switch up. He sure likes to tweet and then delete. I hope he is happy in Detroit and the decision to play with Jared Goff over Jalen Hurts. He got bad advice or didn't think through his process b/c it seems he thought he was getting Jessie Bates money. Reality hit fast.

Like I said before, a guy you love to have on your team, a guy you hate when he's on another team.

Yeah he said the Lions have a better roster than the Super Bowl Eagles team, if we are talking "overrated"
And Hargrave said he/Eagles D felt the NFCCG would have gone differently if Purdy played the whole game. No way he believed that on that day, on that field, playing in that game. And probably still doesn't now.

No one is denying these guys the right to pander to their new teammates and fanbase, but you aren't going to be able to do it unchecked. Especially not from Philly fans.

And Hargrave said the NFCCG would have gone differently if Purdy played the whole game. No one is denying these guys the right to pander to their new teammates and fanbase, but you aren't going to be able to do it unchecked. Especially not from Philly fans.
I mean Hargrave at least has a point. Considering we knocked out both QB's, it was obvious they couldn't protect their QB. So we win 31-20 instead of 31-13. No biggie here. It would have been a little closer aka "a different yet similar outcome"

The Eagles are so dominant, can you remember the last time the league was considering 2 TWO new rule changes b/c of 1 team.

First they must outlaw the illegal push the tush play bc.....its not eye appealing. Aight.

Now its "Let a team carry 3 QB's on a roster just in case the defense on the other team decimates the opposing QB's with injury after injury"

since the NFL and other teams are clearly colluding to stop the Eagles (Super Bowl GrassGate + Trying to cancel the push the tush play that cannot be stopped/should be outlawed), I'm starting to think the player or 2 that *most definitely* would make us an unfair team like Carter, Anderson or Wilson won't be there, a trade back to 13-18 seems like the best scenario

Never change

🥱
Again, I’ve never written that

So, you think the SB was rigged against the Eagles and now the draft will be , huh?

Never change

🥱

So, you think the SB was rigged against the Eagles and now the draft will be , huh?
I'm just being sarcastic of course not. On the contrary there *are* people that think the reason for our success was both "easy/easiest schedule" and "loaded roster" which doesn't make sense, its either "average team, got lucky due to weak schedule" or more likely the truth "Howie put together a monster that only Mahomes and Gannon could stop"

Not sure Howie values the S position all like that but Brian Branch is a better version of CJGJ. Might be there at 10
The more I think about this, the more I think it would be a dream scenario to trade down AND up. If it goes Chalk, then the player at 10 isn't going to be much better than the player at 15 anyways. And if we can move up from 30 to 20 (totally hypothetically picking numbers out of a hat- but we might just be able to straight up use the picks we acquired to move back, to move up), and draft Branch there, that would be great.

Not sure what the "pick value" model would say, but would 10+30 be about the same as 15+20?

10 +30 value is 1920.

15 + 20 value is 1900. Would need to add a 5th round pick to even the value out.
Thanks. That would be a dream scenario for me. Trading 10+30 for 15+20+5th rounder.

"I just wanna talk about football"
Haha straight up admitting he doesn't want to talk about football, yet labels himself "not a troll". If you look at his posts, he spends his time actively seeking out anything he can disagree with/take a shot at by any Eagles fan. Even when I complemented a Dallas player he tries so damn hard to take a shot at it :P

Realistically, I think they drop from 10 to like 14,15 and try to get back 3 picks in the 4th and 5th at least this year or maybe an extra 3rd this year. Otherwise try to fleece a team for their first next year to move up a couple spots like Miami and NO.

Then I could see them either sitting pay at 30 or trading back again for more 4th and 5th. We're going to have like 10-12 picks next year with all the comp picks. I don't think they'll add too many late rounders for 2024 and prioritize getting more picks this year to be able to maneuver.

CJGJ deleted a tweet bashing Hurts I believe as well I heard lol
He did. Like I said, good luck in Detroit buddy. Better prove all those picks weren't a fluke and the fact you had a defense that got 70 sacks helping you out. Market next year might be just the same ole thing.

We move on!

Ed Reed Blankenship + Justin Evans season 😏

Even when I complemented a Dallas player he tries so damn hard to take a shot at it :P
Actually, I agree with you.
When you typed “MM said he wants to run run run run run” I should’ve realized you had no idea what you were going on about and scrolled on

So the linebackers are going to be Nakobe Dean and Nicholas Morrow, huh?
Possibly yes, but I wouldn't count on it. The Eagles view LBs like RB's, the least important position on each side of the ball, the least amount of capital both draft and money to invest in. Knowing Howie though, I wouldn't rule out any more additions, being just the 2nd day of spring, and he added starters as late as 8 days before the season started last year.

Not sure Howie values the S position all like that but Brian Branch is a better version of CJGJ. Might be there at 10
Not that mocks mean everything, but in the 4 big ones today, he went 17, 21, 21, 23.

Would be a big trade back (or trade up) situation if we got him I'd say.
I think it would have to be a trade back, and only if the top D-linemen are gone.
So who are we realistically looking at here if we stay put at 10?

Gone for sure before us:

Stroud
Young
Anderson

Pretty sure gone before us:
Levis
Richardson
Carter (if he drops, this should be automatic for us)
Wilson (if he drops, this should be automatic for us)

That leaves 3 picks before us. Some possible guys going around that spot:
CB Gonzalez (probably not anymore now that we have Slay/Bradberry)
CB WItherspoon (probably not anymore now that we have Slay/Bradberry)

EDGE Van Ness (rreal possibility but I'd prefer to trade back a touch if that's the case)
EDGE Murphy (real possibility but I'd prefer to trade back a touch if that's the case)

OT Paris Johnson (maybe since we lost Isaac?... also could trade back though if going OL unless we totally love him)
OT Skoronski (maybe since we lost Isaac?... also could trade back though if going OL unless we totally love him)
OT Jones (maybe since we lost Isaac?... also could trade back though if going OL unless we totally love him)

WR Smith-Njgba (flying up boards.... def not a need at all for us though right?)
RB Bijan (no. Just no.)

No one else is hitting even the top 15 with any consistency. IF we stay at 10 (starting to think it's unlikely), who is your pick from that list? (or someone else)
Since Chicago picks right before you guys, I've been looking at the top ten pretty hard.
I think the top 4 QBs go. Too many teams need them. Stroud and Young are going 1-2. I get a weird feeling the Raiders take Richardson. Levis probably goes to Indy.
Will Anderson is a goner too, probably to Seattle.
I believe Detroit takes Wilson and ATL takes a OT.
Figure a CB goes in there as well.
I can't nail down Arizona. I'm not sure why, but I can see them trading down a bit and taking a wild card pick like Jaxon Smith-Njigba . Whoever trades up is obviously taking a qb.

Funny you mention CHI after their pick in my PFF draft they tried to trade for my Eagles ten. They offered their next pick this year their 1st in 24 and CAR 1st plus their 2nd rounder in 24 as well. I was really close to taking that too but I think PHI would want a pick before 31 and maybe would trade up or ask for another pick this year. But if that were offered and I was Howie I wouldn't be mad at him taking that. Probably incredible unrealistic either. I don't remember who they picked with the first pick though but interesting scenario.

Eagles sign LB Nick Morrow. Howie thrives in the 2nd/3rd waves of FA. Looking him up now.
Edit: started all 17 games last year 116 tackles, 11 TFL.

Seems the same stats if not better than TJ Edwards

Morrow is a really good player. The fact we got him on a 1 year deal is incredible. Thought for sure this guy would get a mule year deal. Hopefully if he does well he's a guy Howie extends mid season

CJGJ saying Philly fans are calling him overrated now :<_<:
Whatever gets him through the night. I never even heard that once. Quite the opposite actually.

Not surprised I mentioned this after the Super Bowl but Darius Slay's wife was getting death threats and **** from fans. So I wouldn't be surprised. I'm seeing a lot of Eagles fans now who wanted to resign him do a complete turncoat on the guy now. This fanbase is like the crazy jaded ex who got dumped at times. Not just Eagles fans but Philly fans and the media in general.

I mean certain situations I get. JD Drew not signing with the Phillies probably ended up being a good thing since this guy hurts himself picking up a bat and has to sit that day for a splitter. Ben Simmons is the most recent example.

However guys like Rolen and Schilling for Phillies and Eric Lindros for the Flyers I never got the hate for. Rolen and Schilling were right about what they said about Phillies and ownership at the time. My neighbor back then was a message therapist that some of the Phillies used his work for. Some of the stories I heard including personal ones about what the Org did to guys like Rolen were pretty bad.

Lindros was concerned with Concussions before anyone made it popular health wise. You can hate the parents sure but Lindros himself? Nah. Former Flyer and his lineman teammate John Leclair is a regular customer I've talked to over the years. Once I got to know him I asked him about the Lindros stuff. He said the team player wise was behind Eric all the way never any animosity.

It was the media teams and fans who spun these situations into a way that helped them sleep at night. Guys leave constantly for all sorts of reasons. It sucks. I've had a few favorite athletes leave or traded but a lot of times I wasn't as mad at them as I was for the org not keeping them or do something different

Last edited:
No one is denying these guys the right to pander to their new teammates and fanbase, but you aren't going to be able to do it unchecked. Especially not from Philly fans.

Its because we're a bunch of oversensitive pansy's honestly. I just brush it off as the bolded. Whatever. If I was playing for a new team that my old team eliminated I wouldn't be up there saying "Yeah we knew we were gonna beat the living **** out you guys that day no matter what." It's not a great way to start with the new people.

Then again I was watching the 76ers vs Bulls game which was close all night and for literally the entire 2nd half all they bitched about was Joel and the MVP award. Like Hello we got a good game going on here. Save that material for the blowout games or whatever not a close game end of season both teams are battling for playoff positioning. I mostly blame the Sports radio guys especially Cataldi for a lot of these acts and personal beliefs.

I think people should be more upset with two of our guys in Slay and Brown acting like Children in a twitter beef with Juju after the SB. Sure it was a bit under handed what he did but the two of you lost in the SB. Don't like it maybe you should've played better to win the SB. You have zero right to be talking unless its some Giant or 49ers player. That I didn't like more.

Last edited:
Eagles sign LB Nick Morrow. Howie thrives in the 2nd/3rd waves of FA. Looking him up now.
Edit: started all 17 games last year 116 tackles, 11 TFL.

Seems the same stats if not better than TJ Edwards

Morrow is a really good player. The fact we got him on a 1 year deal is incredible. Thought for sure this guy would get a mule year deal. Hopefully if he does well he's a guy Howie extends mid season
I liked Morrow last year, he was solid. The guy is realistically a high end reserve, but I think he will fit in well on that D.

I wish the Bears would have kept him for some depth at LB.

Haha straight up admitting he doesn't want to talk about football, yet labels himself "not a troll". If you look at his posts, he spends his time actively seeking out anything he can disagree with/take a shot at by any Eagles fan. Even when I complemented a Dallas player he tries so damn hard to take a shot at it :P

I’m the one who used to always say that I’m here to talk football, not him.

Noted. Makes more sense b/c that guy talks football 10% of the time, 65%+ "fan behavior" or the like.

Nice to have clarity.

Noted. Makes more sense b/c that guy talks football 10% of the time, 65%+ "fan behavior" or the like.

Nice to have clarity.
I usually only point out when you and @Deamon are wrong.
If your numbers are correct, you guys must be wrong ALOT

Nice to have clarity.
Fair enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏

enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏
Looking forward to it. Dallas isn’t loaded like Philly, but your year was last year. Bound to have some bounces go the other way this year 😉

enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏
Looking forward to it. Dallas isn’t loaded like Philly, but your year was last year. Bound to have some bounces go the other way this year 😉
You are probably right. But your QB is at his ceiling/fully developed. Jalen ain't there yet and he just finished 2nd in MVP voting, so I'm expecting him to continue to progress which should offset any "bad bounces" regressing to the mean for our team this year. I expect us to be the first NFC East repeat champ since the last time we did it, which was like 1984 or something.

You are probably right. But your QB is at his ceiling/fully developed. Jalen ain't there yet and he just finished 2nd in MVP voting, so I'm expecting him to continue to progress which should offset any "bad bounces" regressing to the mean for our team this year. I expect us to be the first NFC East repeat champ since the last time we did it, which was like 1984 or something.
Cool! 👍

I’ve seen enough football now to know that every season is different and it’s incredibly rare for teams to stay on top.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, because I don’t compare my team to yours when I’m evaluating them.

You guys lost your OC, DC, your best CB, who was trash the second half of last year, a RB who you think is every bit as good as Pollard and you have a first place schedule.

I predict pain.

This part I do take pleasure in- Hurts had the single best chance he’s ever going to get. He will never be as fast and healthy as he was last year. As the speed goes, so will he. Just like Cam, Vick, Lamar, RGIII, (Josh Allen soon) etc…

I’ve seen enough football now to know that every season is different and it’s incredibly rare for teams to stay on top.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, because I don’t compare my team to yours when I’m evaluating them.

You guys lost your OC, DC, your best CB, who was trash the second half of last year, a RB who you think is every bit as good as Pollard and you have a first place schedule.

I predict pain.

This part I do take pleasure in- Hurts had the single best chance he’s ever going to get. He will never be as fast and healthy as he was last year. As the speed goes, so will he. Just like Cam, Vick, Lamar, RGIII, (Josh Allen soon) etc…
Who is this mystery CB we lost?

OC - great playcaller. His replacement is a guy that has known Jalen Hurts since he was a kid in high school. There will be change, but I'm not very concerned with that. He was the QB coach last year and I don't expect him to be bad or even average.

DC - had a good season, but we are bringing back every pass rusher not named Javon Hargrave. And you take away Hargrave's sack total from last year and we still lead the league in sacks. Still got probably the best CB duo and Pass rushing duo in the conference, and the new DC uses the same scheme, with different variations. You will hard pressed to see a lot of guys sad about Gannon leaving, both fans and players. Gannon was usually slow to adjust and good/great QB's sometimes got upwards of 80% completion vs our D, IMO, mainly b/c Gannon just relied on the scheme/pass rush too much. Check the Super Bowl and some of the crap calls like ZERO BLITZ at the goalline/inside the 10 yard line.

CB - he is still here, I dunno where you were going with that. CJ Gardner Johnson, a Safety did leave in free agency.

RB - I'm gonna steal a line the Cowboys had memes about years ago "Anyone can run behind this line" We have had one of the best Offensive lines for a few years now and losing Isaac Seumalo doesn't make me bat an eye at that.

Last edited:

Nice to have clarity.
Fair enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏
Well...December anyway :p

I predict pain.

Not sure that's correct (The last bolded part). hurts is already a better passer then any of those guys were in year 2, or any year TBH. And while he's a good runner....is it really because of his speed? He clocked a 4.6. Fast for a QB certainly, but not blazing by any stretch

I think most of us are worried about staying as dominant after some of these losses, but we're also seeing Howie pulling out magic. This team isn't getting completely gutted

Nice to have clarity.

True. The Cowboys have more playoff wins, super bowls, division titles….

Nice to have clarity.

True. Also True, with their current QB, can't get outta the divisionals and I think the only team this century to go 1 and done twice with having the #1 seed.

I predict pain.

Not sure that's correct (The last bolded part). hurts is already a better passer then any of those guys were in year 2, or any year TBH.

I think most of us are worried about staying as dominant after some of these losses, but we're also seeing Howie pulling out magic. This team isn't getting completely gutted

But it is correct. You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs, it’s curtains.

Can he become adept at reading defenses between now and the next year or two when his legs will start to fail? Highly doubt it.

I predict pain.

- You also predicted Jalen would fall apart in the playoffs (I'm sure you'll disagree with making this claim, and you might be right, but it was something along the lines of Jalen isn't the real deal)

- Best CB who was trash the 2nd half of last year? Are you talking about Slay? You know he's still an Eagle right?

- Not one person said Sanders was better than Pollard. I think one guy said he had a better SEASON than Pollard (numbers wise), but that same poster said as of right now, he thinks Pollard is the better player than Sanders.

- Losing OC/DC will hurt more than some Eagles fans think, but less than you think. Your First place schedule point is valid, and will play a factor. I think most agree it will affect us to where our no one here is predicting another 14 win season again this year. If they are, they're in the vast majority.

The amount of misinformation in your post is predictable yet still strange.

Nice to have clarity.

Cool, now do the the salary cap era, the last 2 generations of NFL fans.

Nice to have clarity.

True. Also True, with their current QB, can't get outta the divisionals and I think the only team this century to go 1 and done twice with having the #1 seed.

So? You had the best team in the NFL last year and your choking dog, pretend quarterback fumbled the game away.

Last edited:
But it is correct. You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs, it’s curtains.

Can he become adept at reading defenses between now and the next year or two when his legs will start to fail? Highly doubt it.
What passing stats is he lacking in? Can you list them?

I predict pain.

Not sure that's correct (The last bolded part). hurts is already a better passer then any of those guys were in year 2, or any year TBH.

What are you talking about? He read defenses fine last year LOL. Finished 2nd in MVP voting. *Not a good Quarterback* is a hilarious haterous take. I commend you for going this off the grid.

I predict pain.

I thought similarly early season, but we watched Hurts effective from the pocket. Also saw a LOT of designed runs where he went down or OOB before contact. His passing numbers stack up well with other top QBs in regards to efficiency metrics. he really is a better thrower already then most of those historic running QBs. Time will tell, obviously, but there's more then enough evidence to suggest he's MUCH MORE then just a running QB

You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs,
Do you actually believe this? You believe that every NFL player, analyst, etc. who believe he is a very good QB is WRONG about it and you know better than them? You clearly didn't watch a game if you think his receivers only got wide open because of his legs even when he stood in the pocket? lol I mean, you thought Slay left Philly, maybe brush up on your Eagles knowledge so your trolling can at least be believable.

I predict pain.

I thought similarly early season, but we watched Hurts effective from the pocket. Also saw a LOT of designed runs where he went down or OOB before contact. His passing numbers stack up well with other top QBs in regards to efficiency metrics. he really is a better thrower already then most of those historic running QBs. Time will tell, obviously, but there's more then enough evidence to suggest he's MUCH MORE then just a running QB
Are we really going back to the take of "Well take away his WR's, the offensive line and awesome tight end, AND THEN WE'LL SEE HOW GOOD HE IS"

Or "He didn't make Jalen Reagor great so he is trash"

LOL this S*** is comical on a high level.

You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs,
Do you actually believe this? You believe that every NFL player, analyst, etc. who believe he is a very good QB is WRONG about it and you know better than them? You clearly didn't watch a game if you think his receivers only got wide open because of his legs even when he stood in the pocket? lol I mean, you thought Slay left Philly, maybe brush up on your Eagles knowledge so your trolling can at least be believable.

Why does every single post of you guys have to always include some type of *******-is, insulting line at the very end?

Guilty that I was wrong about the player Slay. I don’t follow your team like you do ours.

I predict pain.

Are we really going back to the take of "Well take away his WR's, the offensive line and awesome tight end, AND THEN WE'LL SEE HOW GOOD HE IS"

Or "He didn't make Jalen Reagor great so he is trash"

LOL this S*** is comical on a high level.

I have said the same things about Cam, Hurts, Vick, Josh Allen and RGIII.

You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run.
5th in NFL in passer rating Steady thinks only 4 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")
4th in the NFL in QBR (Steady thinks only 3 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")
10th in the NFL in Completion Percentage (Steady thinks only 9 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")

Like my god lol

You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run.
5th in NFL in passer rating Steady thinks only 4 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")
4th in the NFL in QBR (Steady thinks only 3 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")
10th in the NFL in Completion Percentage (Steady thinks only 9 NFL qbs are considered "good quarterbacks")

Like my god lol

He was almost as good as Daks rookie year.

Gratz?

Why does every single post of you guys have to always include some type of *******-is, insulting line at the very end?

Guilty that I was wrong about the player Slay. I don’t follow your team like you do ours.
Because you came in here with misinformation that you're trying to use to prove a point.

Then you admit you don't follow our team closely but seem to have Hurts all figured out.

Why do you have to always include some type of ******* insulting line at the very end?

Users who are viewing this thread