What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏
Looking forward to it. Dallas isn’t loaded like Philly, but your year was last year. Bound to have some bounces go the other way this year 😉
You are probably right. But your QB is at his ceiling/fully developed. Jalen ain't there yet and he just finished 2nd in MVP voting, so I'm expecting him to continue to progress which should offset any "bad bounces" regressing to the mean for our team this year. I expect us to be the first NFC East repeat champ since the last time we did it, which was like 1984 or something.

I’ve seen enough football now to know that every season is different and it’s incredibly rare for teams to stay on top.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, because I don’t compare my team to yours when I’m evaluating them.

You guys lost your OC, DC, your best CB, who was trash the second half of last year, a RB who you think is every bit as good as Pollard and you have a first place schedule.

I predict pain.

This part I do take pleasure in- Hurts had the single best chance he’s ever going to get. He will never be as fast and healthy as he was last year. As the speed goes, so will he. Just like Cam, Vick, Lamar, RGIII, (Josh Allen soon) etc…
Not sure that's correct (The last bolded part). hurts is already a better passer then any of those guys were in year 2, or any year TBH.

I think most of us are worried about staying as dominant after some of these losses, but we're also seeing Howie pulling out magic. This team isn't getting completely gutted

But it is correct. You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs, it’s curtains.

Can he become adept at reading defenses between now and the next year or two when his legs will start to fail? Highly doubt it.
I thought similarly early season, but we watched Hurts effective from the pocket. Also saw a LOT of designed runs where he went down or OOB before contact. His passing numbers stack up well with other top QBs in regards to efficiency metrics. he really is a better thrower already then most of those historic running QBs. Time will tell, obviously, but there's more then enough evidence to suggest he's MUCH MORE then just a running QB
Are we really going back to the take of "Well take away his WR's, the offensive line and awesome tight end, AND THEN WE'LL SEE HOW GOOD HE IS"

Or "He didn't make Jalen Reagor great so he is trash"

LOL this S*** is comical on a high level.

I have said the same things about Cam, Hurts, Vick, Josh Allen and RGIII.
TBH...I was NEVER sold on Cam or RGIII...believed about them similarly to what you profess on Hurts now. Neither EVER made the kinds of high accuracy downfield throws Hurts made this past year.

Allen has some real arm talent, and may not have reached his true ceiling yet. He's a bit of a gunslinger who takes too many chances but the talent is there and it shows a real bias on your end I think against any QB flashing any real athleticism

Vick had some great years in his 30s, after he developed more as a passer, and somehow managed to keep the elite speed that made him so dangerous, so I'm not sure he's the comp you really want...that said Hurts is already a better passer then Vick was at his best, IMO.

You can’t wrap your head around the idea that Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run. Once that is done, and the receivers are no longer wide-open because of his legs,
Do you actually believe this? You believe that every NFL player, analyst, etc. who believe he is a very good QB is WRONG about it and you know better than them? You clearly didn't watch a game if you think his receivers only got wide open because of his legs even when he stood in the pocket? lol I mean, you thought Slay left Philly, maybe brush up on your Eagles knowledge so your trolling can at least be believable.

Why does every single post of you guys have to always include some type of *******-is, insulting line at the very end?

Guilty that I was wrong about the player Slay. I don’t follow your team like you do ours.
Because you came in here with misinformation that you're trying to use to prove a point.

Then you admit you don't follow our team closely but seem to have Hurts all figured out.

Why do you have to always include some type of ******* insulting line at the very end?

Misinformation? All this misinformation!!!!!!!

I said CB instead of safety.

Me telling you that I don’t follow your team like you do mine is an insult to you?

Really?

I said CB instead of safety.
Oh.... so you were referring to CJGJ when you said we lost our best CB that was trash the 2nd half of the season?

Yep, but you said my post was loaded with misinformation.
If you can just take a few minutes from your pissing match, I'm curious about your statement that Hurts is not a good QB. Where do you think he needs improvement? And can you provide stats?

He was almost as good as Daks rookie year.

Gratz?
Dak had a tremendous rookie season. Unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to surpass it.

Can you point to the areas you feel Hurts needs to improve? I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not a good QB. TIA.

You want me to explain for the 100th time? Why? You know my stance.

You think he’s a good quarterback. I think he is only effective as a passer because of his threat to run.He has elite receivers and had the best line in all of football to add to the pressure.

1. You implied Slay was gone (or maybe you meant CJGJ was trash the 2nd half of last season)... both aren't true
2. You said Eagles fans think Sanders is a better RB than Pollard. Not correct. Link?
3. You said you don';t compare your team to ours when evaluating us.

So yes, 3 of your 4 points were misinformation. I agree our schedule will be harder which will knock our win total down, and that the loss of our OC/DC will hurt a bit.

Gratz?
Dak had a tremendous rookie season. Unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to surpass it.

Can you point to the areas you feel Hurts needs to improve? I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not a good QB. TIA.

You think he’s a good quarterback. I think he is only effective as a passer because of his threat to run.He has elite receivers and had the best line in all of football to add to the pressure.
I don't know your stance. I'm just asking you to provide some context as why he's not a good QB. Yes, he has tremendous running ability. He's also pretty good in the pocket. Here are some stats to support that.

Completion %67.3%6th
Interception %1.2%2nd
Yards per att8.22nd
QB Rating104.23rd
Bad throw %13.5%9th
On target %78.6%5th

Gratz?

I don't know your stance. I'm just asking you to provide some context as why he's not a good QB. Yes, he has tremendous running ability. He's also pretty good in the pocket. Here are some stats to support that.

Completion %67.3%6th
Interception %1.2%2nd
Yards per att8.22nd
QB Rating104.23rd
Bad throw %13.5%9th
On target %78.6%5th
Don't you know that you have to be top 3 in every single one of those categories to be considered a 'good qb"?

1. You implied Slay was gone (or maybe you meant CJGJ was trash the 2nd half of last season)... both aren't true
2. You said Eagles fans think Sanders is a better RB than Pollard. Not correct. Link?

So yes, 3 of your 4 points were misinformation. I agree our schedule will be harder which will knock our win total down, and that the loss of our OC/DC will hurt a bit.

Your boy @Terpman22 said #2

“3 of 4 were wrong” but you only listed 3 items.

Gratz?

Completion %67.3%6th
Interception %1.2%2nd
Yards per att8.22nd
QB Rating104.23rd
Bad throw %13.5%9th
On target %78.6%5th
Yes, he's a dual threat QB which IMHO only adds to his value as a QB and a player. He's that good passing AND can be a powerful runner.

Gratz?

Honest question....how many Eagles games did you watch last year? Hurts made a lot of tight window throws....his guys were NOT running wide open every game all year long.

Your boy @Terpman22 said #2

“3 of 4 were wrong” but you only listed 3 items.
Yes, you made 4 points. 3 were wrong. You were correct about the schedule being harder and OC/DC loss hurting us.

And he did???

L

Gratz?

Honest question....how many Eagles games did you watch last year? Hurts made a lot of tight window throws....his guys were NOT running wide open every game all year long.

Why is this a big deal to you?

WGAF?

I think he’s a running quarterback who is a super weirdo off the field. You love him.

Enjoy him!

Gratz?

I remember during the post season the broadcasters commenting on his pin-point accuracy. Perfect throws.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

I think he’s a running quarterback who is a super weirdo off the field. You love him.

Enjoy him!
What does him being a weirdo off the field have to do with anything? And why are you ignoring all his top passing stats from the pocket?
I see you've reverted to 2021 steady. Last year's version was much better.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!
What does him being a weirdo off the field have to do with anything? And why are you ignoring all his top passing stats from the pocket?
I see you've reverted to 2021 steady. Last year's version was much better.

LOL

Was there some invisible barrier to prevent him from running on passing plays? Doesn’t he average 19 runs a game?
He averaged 11 carries per game to go along with his 30.67 passing attempts per game.

11? He played all 17 games?
Did he not have 165 rushing attempts in 15 games?

Looks like it. Thanks for answering the question.
So yes, he had an average of 11 rushing attempts (not 19) to go with the almost 31 passes per game.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!
That's fine, but I do find it odd to pop into a team thread and make a negative comment about a popular player's actual play, and then when asked for the why's of your opinion you simply double down on said opinion without using any real data. It comes off more as trolling then as real football talk. I'm responding looking for that real football talk. If your answer in the end devolves to gut feeling then say so...that's fine too. Our guts were proven correct on Cam.

Everyone here knows I was in a similar camp in September re. Hurts. I was lockstep with DJax. But his play on the field simply didn't match that opinion and I changed it. As someone who watched 90% of the Eagles plays last year I can say with utmost confidence he's far more then a running QB. The numbers seem to back that up.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!
That's fine, but I do find it odd to pop into a team thread and make a negative comment about a popular player's actual play, and then when asked for the why's of your opinion you simply double down on said opinion without using any real data. It comes off more as trolling then as real football talk. I'm responding looking for that real football talk. If your answer in the end devolves to gut feeling then say so...that's fine too. Our guts were proven correct on Cam.

Everyone here knows I was in a similar camp in September re. Hurts. I was lockstep with DJax. But his play on the field simply didn't match that opinion and I changed it. As someone who watched 90% of the Eagles plays last year I can say with utmost confidence he's far more then a running QB. The numbers seem to back that up.

I did not mean to respond in this thread. I only ended up here because I was quoted and I responded to that.

One of you -insert word here- reported me. I don’t play that.

As far as stats- I really don’t care for the minutia of that. I think stats are dumb and I’ve stated why- You’re not comparing apples to apples ever. Scheme, weather, health, down and distance, time of game, etc are all variables that are just ignored and you unless those are all the same it’s plain old dumb and you would think statistic nerds would be the first to be aware of that.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, because I don’t compare my team to yours when I’m evaluating them.
(You then compared Jalen to Dak)

You guys lost your OC, DC, your best CB (We didn't lose a CB), who was trash the second half of last year (Oh then you said you actually meant CJGJ. he wasn't trash the 2nd half of the year) , a RB who you think is every bit as good as Pollard (he literally posted "I do think Pollard is the better back going forward) and you have a first place schedule (You're correct here)
So circling back to your original post.

And then people showed you Jalen's pocket passer stats (you ignored them)

And then you thought he rushed 19 times a game (was only 11)

And your response to all this stuff is "I don't actually follow your team as close as you follow ours"

C'mon man, you're better than this.

Well said.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

The best part is how Philly fans always talk about themselves like they’re so tough lol

Thinnest skin in the league easily!

This guy kept telling you how much he liked you this season when you posted something good about the Eagles. Now you have a few things to say that he doesn’t agree with and “you’re 2021 steady again” lol

Well said.

Without one smarmy comment or insult. I can talk to him. You, not so much.

Good luck to you dude.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!

He’s told you all over and over that he’s a good qb because of his threat to run. And that he had good WRs and a great oline.

If he said “he’s just a running qb” I missed it

The best part is how Philly fans always talk about themselves like they’re so tough lol

This guy kept telling you how much he liked you this season when you posted something good about the Eagles. Now you have a few things to say that he doesn’t agree with and “you’re 2021 steady again” lol
A statement was made as if it was fact. I asked for some sort of supporting evidence and all I got was his "feeling". Nothing supports Hurts being a bad QB - passing or running.

Anyway, resume the pissing matches. I'm out.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!

I did not mean to respond in this thread. I only ended up here because I was quoted and I responded to that.

One of you -insert word here- reported me. I don’t play that.

As far as stats- I really don’t care for the minutia of that. I think stats are dumb and I’ve stated why- You’re not comparing apples to apples ever. Scheme, weather, health, down and distance, time of game, etc are all variables that are just ignored and you unless those are all the same it’s plain old dumb and you would think statistic nerds would be the first to be aware of that.
Helluva statement on a fantasy football message board when trying to talk about a player.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Correcting erroneous stats when they are wrong about in an attempt to make the players on a team look worse than they are = thin skinned. Yeah you got us. LOL. We all have a computer in our hand these days and you are still messing things up. Blinded by your bias and too lazy to looks stuff up that takes literally 5 seconds tops. But ok.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Back to more quality football posts by Mr. Cowboysfan everybody. It's not "doesn't agree with" when he throws up trolling posts like that and ignores any actual facts presented to him.

Jalen hurts is not a good quarterback, and is only a threat because of his ability to run.

Can he become adept at reading defenses between now and the next year or two when his legs will start to fail? Highly doubt it.

I think he is only effective as a passer because of his threat to run.

I think he’s a running quarterback
:oops:

Correcting erroneous stats when they are wrong about in an attempt to make the players on a team look worse than they are = thin skinned. Yeah you got us. LOL
Right? Claim to not be trolling, but post erroneous stats and the second anyone responds, it's "Ha Ha! Thin Skinned! Ha Ha!"

Are they going to have the $$ to extend Hurts this year?
Yes, Hurts will sign an extension, not a re-worked contract, which means his salary cap for this year is already set. But, they have flexibility in how they structure the signing bonus to dictate how much they will/want to put in this year's cap vs future years when spreading out that hit.

I think most are expecting this to be a "huge" deal that locks him up for 5, 7, or even 10 years. But, I think it is more likely this is going to be a 3 year deal with most of it guaranteed. The Eagles' preferred way of doing big, long-term contracts is going to clash with the way young stud deals, especially for QBs, are starting to trend: Short-term, close to fully guaranteed, then they can hit the market again sooner (with a few years of cap increases passed) and cash in again.

enough, no worries, I look forward to debating you guys all year long. Both teams have "loaded rosters" so we should be talking that smack until December/January 😏
Looking forward to it. Dallas isn’t loaded like Philly, but your year was last year. Bound to have some bounces go the other way this year 😉
You are probably right. But your QB is at his ceiling/fully developed. Jalen ain't there yet and he just finished 2nd in MVP voting, so I'm expecting him to continue to progress which should offset any "bad bounces" regressing to the mean for our team this year. I expect us to be the first NFC East repeat champ since the last time we did it, which was like 1984 or something.

I’ve seen enough football now to know that every season is different and it’s incredibly rare for teams to stay on top.

You guys lost your OC, DC, your best CB, who was trash the second half of last year, a RB who you think is every bit as good as Pollard and you have a first place schedule.

I predict pain.

This part I do take pleasure in- Hurts had the single best chance he’s ever going to get. He will never be as fast and healthy as he was last year. As the speed goes, so will he. Just like Cam, Vick, Lamar, RGIII, (Josh Allen soon) etc…

Who was our best CB? Thought it was Bradberry...maybe I was wrong.

The Eagles never really invest heavily in safety, linebacker or running back. The year the Eagles won the Superbowl they had a group of re-treads. Putting money in the RB positions is foolhardy.

I have my concerns about Hurts. He seems to get dinged up every year because of hits he continues to take. But I think he could develop in a similar fashion as Donovan McNabb. Early on McNabb used his legs to get out of trouble and as he continued to develop as a passer, he became more of a pocket passer. Even Hurts biggest detractors have to give him credit for the improvements he made as a passer this season. I don't see any reason why he won't make another jump this season in the passing game.

I'll reserve judgment on my season predictions until I see what Philly does in the draft.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!

He’s told you all over and over that he’s a good qb because of his threat to run. And that he had good WRs and a great oline.

No...he said he's only effective as a passer because he's a threat to run...It's literally right there in your own post. (I highlighted it above!) He said he thinks he'll quickly become a poor QB as he loses his athleticism.
I don't think he's trolling though. I think that opinion was the common one in August, and if you haven't watched a lot of Hurts' play I could see having that same thought now. Great O-line play and a good WR corps SHOULD lead to top 10-15 numbers at a minimum even with a mediocre QB. That's why I asked how much he actually saw of Hurts' play in 2022.

I think the numbers suggest otherwise. More, watching him we saw many tight window well timed throws that suggest he's become far more then a running QB. But I get it....like him I was down on Cam even right after his MVP year...just wasn't buying what was being sold.

L

Gratz?

WGAF?

Enjoy him!

No...he said he's only effective as a passer because he's a threat to run...It's literally right there in your own post. (I highlighted it above!) He said he thinks he'll quickly become a poor QB as he loses his athleticism.
I don't think he's trolling though. I think that opinion was the common one in August, and if you haven't watched a lot of Hurts' play I could see having that same thought now. Great O-line play and a good WR corps SHOULD lead to top 10-15 numbers at a minimum even with a mediocre QB. That's why I asked how much he actually saw of Hurts' play in 2022.

I think the numbers suggest otherwise. More, watching him we saw many tight window well timed throws that suggest he's become far more then a running QB. But I get it....like him I was down on Cam even right after his MVP year...just wasn't buying what was being sold.
Fair enough

Fwiw, I enjoy your posts on the Eagles. And I need to be better about lumping my thoughts together about Eagles fans. You’re one of the few that doesn’t get butthurt over nothing
Rene has excellent football knowledge and he's a savvy FF player.

Users who are viewing this thread