What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers: Phase one of offseason workout program has begun, OTAs start May 20th (6 Viewers)

New 49ers added in FA:

LB De'Vondre Campbell
DT Maliek Collins
DT Jordan Elliott
DE Leonard Floyd
DE Yetur Gross-Matos
CB Chase Lucas
CB Isaac Yiadom

Isaac Yiadom played outside corner for the Saints last season.

Was 6th in the NFL in PBUs (11) last season and graded out pretty well in PFF metrics.

#14 PFF Overall Grade
#22 PFF Coverage Grade
#32 PFF Run Defense Grade

https://twitter.com/akashanav/status/1768746332729311370?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
Wonder why he didn't play more? Everything I'm seeing seems pretty positive.
Looks like he was behind Marshon Lattimore and a guy named Paulson Adebo who is also ranked highly by PFF.

Edit: filled in for Lattimore after he was lost to injury.

Kyle Juszczyk's reworked deal actually saved 49ers $4m of 2024 salary-cap room — not just $1.75m.

How? SF cut Juszczyk's salary from $5.75m to $1.21m. But they then gave him new $2.79m signing bonus, added 3 void years to 2028 to prorate.

2024 hit..
Old: $7.6m
New: $3.6m

49ers lose 2025 5th round pick in punishment for bizarre error:

The 49ers' plans for next month's draft have likely been close to finalized for some time, but they'll have to alter them somewhat after the NFL handed down a punishment for a bizarre error by the franchise.

It was announced by the league on Monday that the 49ers have had their original fourth-round pick (131st overall) — they have another from the Trey Lance trade with the Dallas Cowboys and a compensatory selection in the round — moved behind the compensatory selection to 135 overall.

On top of that, the Niners have forfeited their fifth-rounder in the 2025 draft. This punishment comes after the league discovered administrative payroll accounting errors at the close of the 2022 league year. Those resulted in a misreporting of their cumulative player compensation. The NFL determined the 49ers would have stayed under the salary cap regardless of the error and there was no intent to circumvent the cap.

The 49ers probably won't lose any sleep over their fourth-rounder moving back four spots, particularly as their compensatory selection will move up to 132 as a result.

They will, however, be disappointed to lose next year's fifth-rounder given their track record in that round.

San Francisco has landed two All-Pros in the fifth round in the Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch era. The Niners picked tight end George Kittle in 2017 and safety Talanoa Hufanga in 2021. Dre Greenlaw and starting CB Deommodore Lenoir were also 5th round picks.

New 49ers QB Josh Dobbs and WR Jauan Jennings have quite the connection from their college days at Tennessee:

Dobbs threw a famous Hail Mary TD to Jennings to beat Georgia. That same season, Jennings threw a TD pass to Dobbs — it was the play that inspired Jennings' TD pass to Christian McCaffrey in the Super Bowl.

Jennings to Dobbs

Last edited:
49ers will be paying their #2 & #3 QBs under 4 mil and the entire QB room under 5 mil

Brock Purdy - 1.004 mil
Joshua Dobbs - 2.25 mil
Brandon Allen - 1.54 mil

Like I said in a different thread, I have no shares of Brandon Aiyuk and no vested interest in his career, but I hold my breath every time I see his thread bumped and check the team to see if it's still got an "SF" in the title.

You guys really should hold on to him and bring it back one more year. I'm not sure a mid-round first is enough for him. But, the cap is the cap and he's going to get paid whether it's by SF or somebody else, and I'm not sure that SF wants that much money tied up in him. So here we sit, waiting.

So Juaun Jennings is not technically on the roster at the moment; the 49ers have offered him a restricted free-agent tender worth $4.9 million for 2024 but he hasn’t yet signed it - he posted a pic of it on IG and it was assumed/reported that he signed it...but he hasnt yet.

Last edited:
You can't make this up.

49ers DB coach Daniel Bullocks tore his Achilles during the Super Bowl celebrating Ji'Ayir Brown's INT. He stayed on the sidelines after.

"By the time the game was over, he could barely walk," Kyle Shanahan said.

Bullocks has undergone surgery

Lynch: we are actively negotiating with Aiyuk, not discussing trades

The Titans had a lot of cap space, high pick, and a GM that llllloves Aiyuk.
Maybe it's just me but trade rumors seemed to die down once the Titans signed Ridley.
I think it's essentially that they highly value Aiyuk, no one can offer...ooh wait, well maybe the Titans can.
Lynch can say what he wants but the world knows he will have a hard time keeping a Super team together. If Arizona offered him their pick (MHjr) he would absolutely take it.

How's he gonna afford Purdy when it's his turn? The next couple years, everyone expects him to strongly consider any deal that saves him significant $

Maybe it's just me but trade rumors seemed to die down once the Titans signed Ridley.
I think it's essentially that they highly value Aiyuk, no one can offer...ooh wait, well maybe the Titans can.
Lynch can say what he wants but the world knows he will have a hard time keeping a Super team together. If Arizona offered him their pick (MHjr) he would absolutely take it.

How's he gonna afford Purdy when it's his turn? The next couple years, everyone expects him to strongly consider any deal that saves him significant $
Well, of course they would take the #4 pick and take a prospect like Harrison or Nabors on a rookie contract. They would also do it for the Titans pick at 7, but that isn't being offered either. I do believe Lynch when he says he's not looking to trade Aiyuk for what would be offered, which is something mid first round at best.

As far as Purdy, they don't have to deal with that until 2026 , although I'm sure they want to get something done after this season. Salary cap will jump again and they can structure the contract where year one will be fairly cheap. There's always a way in the NFL to maneuver around the cap and Paraag Marathe is really good at it.

My guess is Aiyuk gets a new deal and they wave good-bye to Deebo after this season. Want to keep your young QBs favorite WR around

My guess is Aiyuk gets a new deal and they wave good-bye to Deebo after this season.
I'm virtually certain that's how this is going to go.

Signed TE Brock Wright to a 3/12m contract. Detroit has 5 days to match.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...9ers-restricted-free-agent-offer/73147396007/
That's basically the contract Woerner got. Wonder why they didn't just re-sign him.
They see Wright as a Juice heir IMO.
I don’t know enough about Wright to evaluate that, but it’s not great they are spending $4m/year on a blocking tight end/maybe backup fullback after spending two draft picks on TEs last year.

Signed TE Brock Wright to a 3/12m contract. Detroit has 5 days to match.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...9ers-restricted-free-agent-offer/73147396007/
That's basically the contract Woerner got. Wonder why they didn't just re-sign him.
They see Wright as a Juice heir IMO.
Agree. Seems more athletic than Woerner and has to have better hands.
Only 6 of the 12 million is guaranteed, so I'm OK with the offer.

"Wright is a three-year pro who has started 19 games for the Lions. He has 43 career catches, 424 yards, and seven touchdowns. He would be an upgrade over Charlie Woener, who signed with the Atlanta Falcons, in the passing game, for certain. But Wright is also a good blocker, though perhaps not as effective as Woerner. And with Wright on board, the 49ers wouldn't have to rely on second-year tight ends Cam Latu or Brayden Willis, as they continue their development."

Building depth in the secondary.

The San Francisco 49ers announced that they have signed cornerback Rock Ya-Sin to a one-year deal. He becomes the third cornerback to join the team this offseason. The Niners previously signed free agents Isaac Yiadom and Chase Lucas to one-year deals.

Ya-Sin appeared in 66 games (39 starts) over his first five NFL seasons with the Colts, Raiders and Ravens.

The San Francisco 49ers are among the 25 teams kicking off their offseason workout program today. However, don't expect to see players facing off against each other on the practice field for the next couple of weeks. The program's early portion, dubbed "Phase One," spans two weeks and includes limited activities such as meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.

The second phase of the offseason program extends for three weeks and includes on-field workouts for individual or group instruction and drills. After that, teams can hold up to 10 days of organized team activities on the practice field.

The 49ers will also host a rookie minicamp during the first or second weekend following the 2024 NFL Draft. Last year, the minicamp took place two weeks after the draft.

Below are the specific dates for the 49ers' offseason program:

First Day: April 15

OTA Offseason Workouts: May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31

Mandatory Minicamp: June 4-6

Welcome back, Trent Taylor.

The San Francisco 49ers announced the signing of wide receiver Trent Taylor to a one-year deal, reuniting with the team's former fifth-round draft pick out of Louisiana Tech

I always thought he could be our version of Edelman/Welker but back issues kept him from being productive.

Users who are viewing this thread