What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 1-0: Baker and the Bucs next on the dockett. (15 Viewers)

So who is the QB to stash for long term dynasty value- Rudock or Kaaya?
Rudock, not even close. He's already getting the "will another team trade for him" buzz. 

Also your league has to be pretty massive if Rudock is a guy you are looking into. Props. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rudock, not even close. He's already getting the "will another team trade for him" buzz. 

Also your league has to be pretty massive if Rudock is a guy you are looking into. Props. 
It is a pretty deep league for sure. 46 roster spot IDP league with 14 teams. Draft and proactive pick ups are crucial to winning because you most often can't wait for someone to get hurt or start to do well to run to the waiver wire. I have Stafford in the league and drafted Kaaya as insurance and long term hopeful prospect but I did see the buzz over Rudock. I haven't been watching the Lions very closely but because of that buzz and not hearing anything about Kaaya I was thinking of dropping him and picking up Rudock. 

No one...stafford is the qb until he retires
A couple of points here. First, I have Stafford- so having his backup is not costly insurance for me in a league where you can't pick up a starter if one goes down. Two, Rudock, as rumors suggest, is being sought after in trades. If that happened, his door to playing time comes much quicker. Three, as I noted above. This is a deep league. You draft guys like Kaaya in the later rounds of the 5 round draft to prepare for the future. Most teams in this league only have two starters (as do I) if one goes down and you don't have his back up then you are on very thin ice. So, yes, I know Stafford is entrenched as the starter for the foreseeable future but I want to get the knowledge of those who follow the Lions more closely in rather I should do what I am thinking of doing and dropping Kaaya for Rudock. 

A couple of points here. First, I have Stafford- so having his backup is not costly insurance for me in a league where you can't pick up a starter if one goes down. Two, Rudock, as rumors suggest, is being sought after in trades. If that happened, his door to playing time comes much quicker. Three, as I noted above. This is a deep league. You draft guys like Kaaya in the later rounds of the 5 round draft to prepare for the future. Most teams in this league only have two starters (as do I) if one goes down and you don't have his back up then you are on very thin ice. So, yes, I know Stafford is entrenched as the starter for the foreseeable future but I want to get the knowledge of those who follow the Lions more closely in rather I should do what I am thinking of doing and dropping Kaaya for Rudock. 
Rudock is the backup, so that's who you're after.

There were rumors of us in talks with the Jets about Sheldon Richardson
I'll give our second round pick for any established anything. Outside of Darius slay, our record the last decade at picking in the 2nd rd is terrible. We'll see how teez looks as the season progresses. Would love some dline help or a rashean Mathis type vet to play across from slay or in the slot. Lawson isn't bad, but there could be a guy that becomes available. Hard to trust young guys imo. 

After about the worst 1st quarter I've seen the lions play (that's saying a lot) it was nice to see the team, defense in particular, keep fighting and get the win. I was impressed with the defense, they forced some tos and kept it close after our (likely former?) punter tried the ol'...crap I can't remember the punters name during the sanders era, I just remember him pulling down a perfect snap and running for a 1st because he "saw a lane". We ran for positive yardage most carries, although nothing getting to the 2nd level. Nice to see them pull washington after 2 personal fouls and that stupid return. Kenny g commanding rz targets already. Nothing from the tes, but I suspect they were blocking a lot to help out the oline. Speaking of, pass protection was pretty solid, Robinson might work until we get decker back. First half of the season is a pretty rough schedule, it's great to get the win.

Last edited by a moderator:
After about the worst 1st quarter I've seen the lions play (that's saying a lot) it was nice to see the team, defense in particular, keep fighting and get the win. I was impressed with the defense, they forced some tos and kept it close after our (likely former?) punter tried the ol'...crap I can't remember the punters name during the sanders era, I just remember him pulling down a perfect snap and running for a 1st because he "saw a lane". We ran for positive yardage most carries, although nothing getting to the 2nd level. Nice to see them pull washington after 2 personal fouls and that stupid return. Kenny g commanding rz targets already. Nothing from the tes, but I suspect they were blocking a lot to help out the oline. Speaking of, pass protection was pretty solid, Robinson might work until we get decker back. First half of the season is a pretty rough schedule, it's great to get the win.
Solid recap.

First place & Staff leads the league in TDs!

:excited:

Looking forward to Ameer running wild next week in person. 

:thumbup:

Some will now say that the Lions beat a crappy team. Of course many of those same people were saying that the road favorite Cards were going to run all over Detroit.

LMFAO

Just gonna cherish the next 7 days

#anythingispossible

I'm like Charlie Brown, I always think this time will be different

"She can't pull the football away, we signed a contract."

The Giants o-line is a disaster ATM. Eli is pretty average when he doesn't have time.

Not that we have a great rush without a healthy Ziggy. Honestly, though, this has got to be the week Austin throws in more blitzes than normal.  There's a clear blueprint for how to get Manning off his game.

In the 26 games before Cooter's promotion, Stafford completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 6,797 yards, 36 touchdowns, 26 interceptions and a QB rating of 83.6. In the 26 games since, he's completed 66.8 percent of his passes for 7,015 yards, 48 touchdowns, 15 interceptions and a QB rating of 98.2.

In the 26 games before Cooter's promotion, Stafford completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 6,797 yards, 36 touchdowns, 26 interceptions and a QB rating of 83.6. In the 26 games since, he's completed 66.8 percent of his passes for 7,015 yards, 48 touchdowns, 15 interceptions and a QB rating of 98.2.
:thumbup:

In Jim Bob Cooter, we trust...

This will be an interesting test for the Lions.  The Lions are always a bad road team and against a decent team they are terrible.  

Cautiously optimistic, I have to say. Against them last season on road, Stafford had the finger injury, we had no Abdullah or Riddick, and our O line had Swanson missing, causing multiple changes in personnel and position. 

Their Oline looked terrible last week, our Dline looked a little better than expected and of course OBJ doesn't seem fully fit. They don't have much of a running game. 

If we win it, we win it narrowly in a relatively low scoring game.   

If this team stays healthy no one will want to play them. Dark horse to represent the NFC. Congrats Lion fans you guys deserve it. 

And despite Caldwell's reputation for being dumb, he has assembled a great coaching staff and has done a great job. 

And despite Caldwell's reputation for being dumb, he has assembled a great coaching staff and has done a great job. 
Totally. As people said last season, he's not a great in game coach but seems to be a good leader of men, a good facilitator for the correct coaching environment and the type of guy that gets nothing but respect off of the players.

Second impressive game from the DBs. Hayden got beat on the Boldin drop, Quinn & Slay made some great plays, Diggs was outstanding in the slot, Killibrew is a playmaker. LBs continue to be the weak link but Jarrad Davis been impresssive. Great to see Ansah back to himself.

This defense has a chance to be one of the better units in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread