What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Questions For Shark Pool - 2022 Dallas Cowboys #Mood (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We've got some of the best and brightest fantasy football (and real football) minds in the world on this forum. Would love to hear what you think on this. 

3 Questions:

1. How's It Going in Dallas? Please pick: Good, Neutral, Bad (considering the offense)

2. Who are you in on (considering the cost) in Dallas?

3. Who are you out on (considering the cost) in Dallas?

Please try to use this as a guide on length for these:

1 line of text = amazing! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's awesome.

2 lines of text = great! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's great. It's not awesome, but it's okay to not be awesome all of the time.

3 lines of text = probably too much. This is an example of the length of reasoning that's just a little bit too long. 

4+ lines of text = too muchThis is an example of the length of reasoning that's simply too much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bad - I think their championship window is closed.

2. I’ll fade the masses on Zeke Elliot and gladly scoop him up in the 3rd round.

3. Dak - his name value will brings his ADP up higher than his production will deserve.

1. Good- this is a good offense and the D may regress forcing more shootouts. There's a lot of ff value to be mined.

2. In on- DAK. 2nd year removed, think he has top 4 upside. Zeke at #37 is a no brainer IMO. Schultz price is fine too.

3. Out on- CeeDee 2.03 makes me queasy. I see how it can pay off but I'm kinda out on a lot of the 2nd round WRs. Positional advantage vs other options vs downside is ?? for me .

1.  Good, from a fantasy perspective.  

2.  In on Lamb, Dak, Zeke, but at a fair price.  Might pay a small premium for Dak.  Agree that Lamb is dangerously high at 2.03  Not taking Zeke early.

3.  Schultz out.  Hit his max last year.  Would have to do it again to justify ADP.  Would take him late, if everyone shunned him.

1. Neutral (from a fantasy perspective). 
2. In on Lamb (minus Amari), Zeke (price). If Zeke’s price rises as I think it will, I’ll be out when he becomes more expensive than pick 24.

3. Out on Schultz and Dak, simply because there are comparable, if not better, options that are less expensive. 

1. Good, this is still a top offense, with what projects to be the league's easiest schedule. 

2. Very in on Tony Pollard, who I think has been better than Zeke for at least 2 years, and the Cowboys are slowly coming to the conclusion that its at least no dropoff. Expecting a career year, with league winning potential if Zeke breaks down, which is possible after 1,778 career touches counting playoffs.

3. Not super out on anybody, including Zeke (Pollard takes extra priority if I take Zeke earlier though) but if I had to pick someone it'd probably be Gallup. Unlike a Godwin, I'm not convinced Gallup is a good enough player to bounce back from his knee injury. Wouldn't be shocked if Tolbert gave him a run for the #2 job. 

1) Good - Likely lots of points to be had but harder to predict who it will be. 

2) Zeke - I keep ending up with him at the end of the 3rd. For an RB that should end up as an RB1 that’s pretty good value. 

3) Schultz - Not likely to repeat and he’s being drafted at the top of a largely equivalent tier IMO. 

1 - Neutral.  Losing Cooper will hurt some but they've got enough pieces to overcome it.  Don't see them being better than last year though. 

2 - In on Pollard for a Kareem Hunt type year. 

3 - Out on Zeke.  He looked like the lesser back in '21, but with his contract they're still going to feed him so he won't suffer for lack of opportunity. 

1. Neutral- Cowboys offense got worse from last season but is neutral relative to the league

2. In- Jalen Tolbert,  looks to be the WR2 and can be had in the 12th or 13th round

3 Out- Tony Pollard, not spending a 6th round pick on the B side of a committee 

1. How's It Going in Dallas? Please pick: Good, Neutral, Bad (considering the offense)
Good. 

Dak should  run more and return to his MVP form.  Disappointed they didn’t lock up Schultz with a contract,  but that’s not enough to downgrade them.

Dak should be excellent value depending on ADP as season approaches. Also Schultz. With so many targets available, he could be a top 4 TE at a bargain price, 

I’m very much on the fence with Lamb. Feels like a prove-it year, yet we’re paying for his ceiling. Not sure I’m in unless he slides or is the last of a tier where I’m slotted. And I still consider it risky. Not sure if I’m out, just hesitant. 

We've got some of the best and brightest fantasy football (and real football) minds in the world on this forum. Would love to hear what you think on this. 

3 Questions:

Please try to use this as a guide on length for these:

1 line of text = amazing! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's awesome.

2 lines of text = great! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's great. It's not awesome, but it's okay to not be awesome all of the time.

3 lines of text = probably too much. This is an example of the length of reasoning that's just a little bit too long. 

4+ lines of text = too muchThis is an example of the length of reasoning that's simply too much. 
 1 - Good.  DAL still has a good balanced offense, even though we don't know how the running game will be distributed and the target shares outside of Lamb

2. In on Dalton Schultz - reasonably priced TE with a chance of catching 90 passes

2. In on Tony Pollard - could be a league winner if 1) he can take over the lead role or 2) something happens to Zeke.  At worst he's a good flex play at his price

3. Out on Ceedee Lamb - 15th or 16th overall is quite rich.  Rather take a solid RB like Aaron Jones or Leonard Fournette and take a WR in the next round.

3. Out on Dak - he doesn't run enough to warrant his ADP.  Rather take Burrow at Dak's price point or take Lance or R Wilson later.

1-Neutral. 5 years after moving on from Romo they have one post season win and that was a wild card game so does that even count? There has to be some trepidation in that FO with the money they paid to the dynamic duo of Dak and Zeke.

2-In on Schultz. Between Cooper and Wilson there is over 100 receptions that need to go somewhere. Gallup probably won't be back 100% to start the season. Dak is a stud so he'll find his open targets. Add these together and Schultz should feast.

3-Out on Dak. Simply, his receiving room got worse. I feel he'll regress quite a bit relative to the other QB's at the lower end of QB1 from 2021.

1-Good…there is a lot of talent on that offense and Dak is a year removed from a gruesome injury

2-Lamb…he looks the part so now is the time to have the stats to match it

3-Zeke…still has gas left in the tank but it is time to be better in real football than fantasy…if and and Pollard can become more like Murray and Kamara were with the Saints this offense will be far better off

1 - Neutral - the offense will play some games lights out and others pedestrian, and against unexpected foes.  Def is hit/miss with each play.

2 - In on - Lamb & Shultz - They will be the only weapons to see enuf targets to be worth it

3 - Out on - Zeke, Dak & DEF - this will be the Tyler Lockett of season for them ...2 highlight games worth value but the rest they are in a coma awaiting halftime band music

1. Ungood   Possibly worst team in a bad division. 

2. I’ll take a chance on zeke late (I traded a 2023 3rd for him in dynasty). And keeping Schultz as a low end starter.  The rest I’ll let others draft  

3. At ADP? Pretty much everyone except maybe their defense in best ball. 

1. A defense that is on the rise. Offense will get more opportunities. Solid in many positions, yet not explosive either. 

2. In on Schultz. Safety blanket. Will get a ton of RZ targets. 

3. I’m out on Lamb. Might struggle as lead dog in the X and will be drafted too high for my liking. 

1.  Solid.  Solid as a Rock - Ashford & Simpson

2.  Zeke - could be spent.  But I can pay a 3rd rounder to see if he can reclaim Top 5 status.  Cowboys don’t make a SB run without at least a B+ Zeke…and they feel due.

3. Tolbert - it’s a bit of a cop out, but he’s getting buzz as the #2 WR…I figure the Cowboys will figure out another way/something else.

1. Don’t feel they will be better this year 

2. Run game paired with an improved D

3. out on CD. He had a shot at being the top WR last year but it was not good iirc.

CeeDee will perform like Fred Durst introducing Aaron Lewis. 

Parsons will do his best LT impersonation minus the lightning bolt earring.

Elliott will start to look like Leveon Bell with the Jets

Neutral. Amari Cooper is gone and Michael Gallup looks to be missing at least one quarter of the season, if not more. That doesn't bode well for Dak Prescott and company. 

In. Dalton Schultz and Ezekiel Elliott. Targets are earned and not vacated, but Schultz earned his last year and will step into more with the WR corps as it is. Elliott presumptively will be a volume back again, even if Pollard outshines him on a per-touch basis. 

Out. Tony Pollard and Jalen Tolbert. If one looks at red zone efficiency, it becomes apparent Pollard's not taking over the high-leverage situations any time soon. Tolbert is an older rookie that has a path to playing time, but I think he's a small school guy who won't be able to develop quickly enough to take advantage of his opportunity. 

1. How's It Going in Dallas? Neutral.  I think there will be solid games all around but they just don't seem to be as good as they are made out to be.

2. Who are you in on (considering the cost) in Dallas?  Zeke for the price.  He isn't what he was but he is still a volume guy that gets GL work.  Tolbert as we will come cheap and with no Cooper and Gallup coming off injury he could have some sneaky flex appeal.

3. Who are you out on (considering the cost) in Dallas? Lamb.  He is solid but doesn't seem to put up superstar FF numbers.  He has been disappointing vs expectations.

1.  Bad.   Some talent has left the building. 

2.  In on Lamb.   Targets will be up.  

3.  Out on Zeke.  RBBC time in Dallas.   

1. Fantasy situation is good to great - being in the NFC East is always a bonus and they should have offensive production.

2. In on Zeke.  Points already made and I don't see Pollard as a threat.  I'm in on Dak around the 8th/9th round but he falls into a tier of guys.  I'm in on Schultz.  I think he's the apple of Dak's eye and will be playing for longevity.

3. Out on WR's in general.  Like Gallup on the waiver wire, but he's had durability issues and I don't trust CeeDee to perform to that early second ADP, because Dak will spread it around. 

1. Neutral - I sense extremes : some great investments, some annoyed owners

2. Pollard / Tolbert - Youth with under appreciated value

3. Zeke - Pollard continues his ascent in the share

Neutral. Amari Cooper is gone and Michael Gallup looks to be missing at least one quarter of the season, if not more. That doesn't bode well for Dak Prescott and company.

In. Dalton Schultz and Ezekiel Elliott. Targets are earned and not vacated, but Schultz earned his last year and will step into more with the WR corps as it is. Elliott presumptively will be a volume back again, even if Pollard outshines him on a per-touch basis.

Out. Tony Pollard and Jalen Tolbert. If one looks at red zone efficiency, it becomes apparent Pollard's not taking over the high-leverage situations any time soon. Tolbert is an older rookie that has a path to playing time, but I think he's a small school guy who won't be able to develop quickly enough to take advantage of his opportunity.

1. Yep
2. Schultz was in the second tier of tight ends on a ppg basis, finishing at TE9 even though he missed games with injuries. Elliott was a volume and touchdown-dependent RB2.
3. Nope and yes. Tony Pollard had an excellent year. He was an RB1 and finished seventh in Half-PPR leagues. Then yes, Tolbert was a no-show.

Users who are viewing this thread