What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Questions For Shark Pool - 2022 Green Bay Packers #Mood (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We've got some of the best and brightest fantasy football (and real football) minds in the world on this forum. Would love to hear what you think on this. 

3 Questions:

1. How's It Going in XXX? Please pick: Good, Neutral, Bad (considering the offense)

2. Who are you in on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?

3. Who are you out on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?

Please try to use this as a guide on length for these:

1 line of text = amazing! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's awesome.

2 lines of text = great! This is an example of the length of reasoning that's great. It's not awesome, but it's okay to not be awesome all of the time.

3 lines of text = probably too much. This is an example of the length of reasoning that's just a little bit too long. 

4+ lines of text = too much. This is an example of the length of reasoning that's simply too much. 

1. So long as Nic Cage is at QB…good.

2.  Aaron Jones - think he could be a 900/900 type producer.  A lot of passing game production to distribute.

3. Christian Watson - young WR’s take awhile to earn Rodgers’ trust as it likely takes some time to learn the level of precision Rodgers wants/requires.

1. Neutral. They lost one of the top receivers in the game, but they have a strong line, running game, and otherworldly QB to offset Davante Adams's departure.

2. In. Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon. With a questionable receiving corps, look for Jones to become a huge receiver out of the backfield or lined up out wide. Expect to see Dillon in there for about 45-50 percent of the backfield snaps, ready to go as a stand-alone flex with Jones or ready to win leagues in case of injury to a slightly aging Jones. 

3. Out. Allen Lazard. He has all the preseason hype and vacated targets in the world but he will have to earn targets with his talent. I don't think he will, Rodgers's enthusiasm notwithstanding. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Neutral. Adams is a huge loss, and one that wasn't replaced at all. The OL is also a small question mark, if Jenkins and more importantly Bakhtiari aren't their old selves. They did fine without them last year, but I think that also was because they had Adams getting open so quickly.

2. Not super in on anyone, as most are going in about the right spot. I guess I'd say Aaron Rodgers is probably the most likely to end up on my team, because he's finally going in the QB streamer range, but even then I like others more in that range. 

3. Pretty out on Lazard. Just don't think he's all that talented. I think GB will be annoying with likely 4-5 guys with 600+ receiving yards, but likely nobody who is a top-36 WR. 

1. Neutral -  Neither of the two tackles are playing right now.  Offseason focus was all on the defense. 

2. Rodgers - Two consecutive MVPs and is the 12th ranked QB? Don’t overthink this.

3. Aaron Jones - The hype is great, but top 10 for a RBBC guy? Let someone else overspend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Neutral - Packers have let WRs walk before and Rodgers just makes the next man up a stud.

2. Aaron Jones and Allen Lazard: Jones should get a ton of work in the passing game. Lazard has some warts, but if he gains Rodgers trust an 80-1,000-7 season is there for him.

3. Watson: He's big and fast, but very raw and Rodger's lack of patience with rookies is no secret.

1. Neutral.  I expect GB to win more with defense and a strong running game.  Rodgers can still take over when needed.

2.  In on Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon.  Jones has 80+ catch potential and has been a scoring machine in the past.  Dillon should get enough work to be a flex play - has top 5 upside if something happens to Jones.

3. Out on all Packers WRs - Rodgers is going to throw to the open guy and not force feed anyone.  You will see 500-600 yd guys with zero fantasy value.

1. Just below Neutral. The offense will end up scoring but knowing who's week it is might make owning pieces frustrating.

2. In on- Jones at pick 2.08 is fine and would be comfortable with him sooner than that. I'm buying him as the primary beneficiary of Adams departure. AJ Dillon on ESPN is RB 32, yes please. 

3. Out on Rodgers at 6.10/ QB9. He'll be fine but prefer to pay up or wait for Carr/Cousins/Fields. WRs/TEs, I don't like my odds of picking the right one.  

1) Good.  Rodgers is still Rodgers and while it won't match previous years, the offense should still roll.

2) Rodgers mostly - dropped too low for what he can provide regardless of WRs.  AJ and Dillon are slight values IMO as well.

3) All WRs - Rodgers will find the open man, and I expect AJ will get some of the fallout as well.  Lazard only slightly overrated but the rest are too high.

1. Bad- this all just feels so avoidable. If they just bring back Adams and Rodgers, they’d be fine. 
2. Contrary to option 1, in on most at ADP. Dillon, Jones, Rodgers all have very low ADPs if you think this is a playoff team.  
3. Lazard- the “nobody else is here so he has to get stats” practically never works for long. 

1. How's It Going in GB? Neutral.  Without a top WR that Rodgers relies on they may struggle a bit on 3rd down.  Overall I think there will be a lot of fantasy goodness here though.

2. Who are you in on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?  Both Dillon and Jones.  I am not on the Jones is a top 5 guy but for his price I think he is very safe.  Dillon is the value as I think he will have a huge year.  

3. Who are you out on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?  Maybe Rodgers.  I think they go run heavy and Rodgers will be ok with it.  I think he will still be a QB1 but not an easy top 5 guy as usual.  

Bad - o line in flux, Adams leaves a huge hole that very little was done to fix

In on Lazard. Someone has to catch balls. He has put up solid numbers in games without Adams before. 

Out on Rodgers. Might be the worst group of receivers in football. 

Good - but monitor the OL. Below assumes a dominant OL, defense and weak division
In - Sammy Watkins (for the price), Dillon for upside/game script. Defense could be really good
Out - Lazard (for the price).  Expect positive game script, lots of running and Rogers to spread the ball around at low volume

1. Neutral - They didn't get better, but with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, they will still be competitive.

2. In on - Rodgers: Not expecting a huge year with so many questions with the supporting cast, but I love to wait on QBs and with a 13th round ADP, I'll gladly take the shot there.

3. Out on - Jones.  I have nothing against him, but I in my main league I pick at the turn in the end of round 1, and I am not ready to pull the trigger that early.  He won't be there when it comes back.

Neutral to Bad.   Losing Adams is not a positive. 

In on Jones.   He is talented and should receive plenty of touches.   

Out on the WRs since the talent is limited and I expect Rodgers to spread the ball around. 

1. Good - Nearly neutral because Adam’s hurts, but the defense pulls more weight this year

2. Romeo Doubs - Sneaking suspicion and limited difference makers in his way

3. Robert Tonyan - Hurt, unlikely to repeat one good year

1-Neutral-Good organization but I need to see the WRs produce before I can believe they can stay near the level they have been at

2-Amari Rodgers-very, very low cost and he has a great opportunity...this time last year there was a little buzz on him...Dynasty-wise he would be a nice score if he produces

3-Robert Tonyan-due to the ACL I would rather look elsewhere

1. Neutral- no offense can be labeled bad with Rodgers at QB but where are the weapons?

2. Aaron Jones. Perennially underappreciated. He might lead all RBs in targets this year. 

3. Allen Lazard. Year 5 breakout? Not a thing lol. 

1. Good(Great regular season outlook): MVP at QB, arguably one of if not the best D in the league, strong running game, easy division.

2.  The defense and Doubs

3. Watson. Super raw to begin with, missing time.

1. Neutral.  I expect GB to win more with defense and a strong running game.  Rodgers can still take over when needed.

2.  In on Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon.  Jones has 80+ catch potential and has been a scoring machine in the past.  Dillon should get enough work to be a flex play - has top 5 upside if something happens to Jones.

3. Out on all Packers WRs - Rodgers is going to throw to the open guy and not force feed anyone.  You will see 500-600 yd guys with zero fantasy value.
This.  I feel like they are going to run the ball a ton with Dillon getting more carries and Jones getting enough carries plus a ton of catches to both be fantasy relevant.  I think Rodgers is going to have a solid season, in real football terms, but from a fantasy perspective nothing exciting.  I think somewhere around QB12-15 range.  I'd draft Lazard if the price is right but I have a feeling people will "reach" for him thinking he's WR1 in this offense.  He will be but that doesn't mean he's putting up good numbers every week.  Rodgers will be spreading the ball around alot more than past seasons so WR1, from an output perspective, could be different week to week.

Neutral 

In on Rodgers and RBs at ADP.

In on WRs at ADP, they are priced reasonably. 

I will be monitoring targets and snap counts on WRs and TEs looking for WW gems.

I have no problem putting the two Aarons in my lineup week 1. Any pass catchers that landed on my roster will be sitting on my bench week 1.

3 Questions:

1. How's It Going in XXX? Please pick: Good, Neutral, Bad (considering the offense)
Neutral - they should survive the loss of Adams, but it does hurt. 

2. Who are you in on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?
Aaron Jones at in the early 2nd should provide outstanding value. Also like Lazard at ADP.

3. Who are you out on (considering the cost) in Green Bay?
All packers receivers not named Lazard. 

Also I'm taking a flyer on Romeo Doubs.  Could be a factor at the end of the season once he gets time in with Rodgers

1.  Neutral...not a sky is falling type on this just yet...

2.  In...like others, both Jones and Dillon.  Jones especially in PPR.

3.  Out...Watkins, Andy Reid could not make him be more than he already was...and is starting out hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread