What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Questions For Shark Pool - 2022 Pittsburgh Steelers #Mood (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
Bad Oline, Bad Offense, Likely in low scoring games, eventually might be/should be taken over by Pickett, etc. I see his absolute ceiling as QB15 and very low floor which makes him undraftable in standard 18 and under man leagues.  Obviously superflex leagues changes things. 
You originally said you just didn't see a path to upside.  I was showing the path where he has upside.  Whether you think that can happen or not is up to the individual doing the evaluating and you obviously think he isn't capable of going down that path.  

Deamon

Footballguy
You originally said you just didn't see a path to upside.  I was showing the path where he has upside.  Whether you think that can happen or not is up to the individual doing the evaluating and you obviously think he isn't capable of going down that path.  
Ya I mean I guess according to that logic there isn't a QB in the NFL that doesn't have a "path" to be a top 10 QB. 

Drunken Cowboy

Footballguy
Bad Oline, Bad Offense, Likely in low scoring games, eventually might be/should be taken over by Pickett, etc. I see his absolute ceiling as QB15 and very low floor which makes him undraftable in standard 18 and under man leagues.  Obviously superflex leagues changes things. 
I don't think the line will be bad. I expect average online play. If that is true is not not a bad offense. The skill players are a very good group. 

His upside includes 100+ carries. Again I don't expect him to hit his upside, but it is clearly top5 QB. 

His downside is also very low. He could have 0 starts. That is probably about the same chance he hits his upside 

Deamon

Footballguy
I don't think the line will be bad. I expect average online play. If that is true is not not a bad offense. The skill players are a very good group. 

His upside includes 100+ carries. Again I don't expect him to hit his upside, but it is clearly top5 QB. 

His downside is also very low. He could have 0 starts. That is probably about the same chance he hits his upside 
Top 5?  We're talking about Mitch Trubisky right? Lol

menobrown

Footballguy
Top 5?  We're talking about Mitch Trubisky right? Lol
It's a little higher then I'd go but it's a pretty far cry from being as dismissive as you are being about it.  He was was #11 QB in PPG in 2018 with production that would have put him as QB10 last year. That year his #1WR was Allen Robinson who was in his first year coming off ACL and not quite back and his #2 was Taylor Gabriel, his coach was Nagy and it's conceivable he's actually improved in last 4 years.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Quick note - Please let's never do the "LOL" or the :lmao:  on discussion. That never ever helps generate real discussion.

If the goal is a discussion, asking the poster why they think that is a way better. Thanks. 

Deamon

Footballguy
It's a little higher then I'd go but it's a pretty far cry from being as dismissive as you are being about it.  He was was #11 QB in PPG in 2018 with production that would have put him as QB10 last year. That year his #1WR was Allen Robinson who was in his first year coming off ACL and not quite back and his #2 was Taylor Gabriel, his coach was Nagy and it's conceivable he's actually improved in last 4 years.
Well his ADP is QB30, FBG has him ranked QB32, fantasy pros QB30, etc.... So it's not me being dismissive, the general consensus is that he's undraftable in standard leagues. 

DocHolliday

Footballguy
Mood:  Neutral to Bad.   No QB yet.  That mood changes quickly if either QB plays better than expected.   I don’t expect it but I have been wrong before   

In:  Harris should get lots of touches.  

Out:   Dionte will probably not see the large number of targets that he has in the past. 

miqws

Footballguy
Mood - bad.  Bottom tier OL, QB, and a willingness to have low scoring games

Good - Freiermuth.  Trubisky as a late late round streamer would be dirt cheap.  Mitch drank the same water as Josh Allen while there

Bad - Diontae.  A lot of guys I would rather have at his price

Galileo

Footballguy
1. Mood - Neutral/Bad.  QB uncertainty, OL average at best, and the rest of the division got better

2. In on - Harris: Offense must go through him, should be a volume monster.

3. Out on -  Johnson: ADP is listed at WR 15.  Waddle, Cooks, Robinson, and McLaurin all look more appealing to mae at WR 16-19.

Acrobat7

Footballguy
It seems that by now we have listed every player under over- and underpriced. 
The Steelers are kind of a black box this year and this reflects it very well.

Jayded

Footballguy
1. Neutral - Changing of guard is never easy

2. Freiermuth - Big, reliable target where it matters most

3. Claypool - Might get squeezed out by rookies

Deamon

Footballguy
Somehow missed all the staffer articles from this format... love it.  Would like to see all teams done in the shark pool too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread