What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 defensive starters for S.D. may not play (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
With 4 of 11 starters either out of the lineup or banged up this could give T.Bell a realistic shot at 1,000 yds on the season. He is only 133 yds away.

Jamal Williams, the biggest part of their run D, is out.The question is will DEN's backups on offense be able to push around 7 starters and 4 backups from SD?

When last I'd heard, San Diego had only scratched on starter for the game. Who's out?

Jamal Williams, the biggest part of their run D, is out.

The question is will DEN's backups on offense be able to push around 7 starters and 4 backups from SD?
It won't be Denver's backups on offense. Denver can only sit so many people. Since they only have two backup OLs, AT LEAST 60% of their line will be playing all game, and Tatum Bell is hardly your typical backup RB.

The question is will DEN's backups on offense be able to push around 7 starters and 4 backups from SD?
If Bell is going for 1,000 yds I'd bet the o line stays in the game

Shanahan's #1 priority is surviving the game. That said, OL isn't traditionally a high injury-risk position. Also, with only two backups, at most only Lepsis and Nalen could possibly sit, and even that would require lots of reshuffling and starting people out-of-position, which I'm not sure Shanny would decide was worth it.Resting starters usually only applies to skill positions, not the glory boys on the line.

Shanahan's #1 priority is surviving the game. That said, OL isn't traditionally a high injury-risk position. Also, with only two backups, at most only Lepsis and Nalen could possibly sit, and even that would require lots of reshuffling and starting people out-of-position, which I'm not sure Shanny would decide was worth it.Resting starters usually only applies to skill positions, not the glory boys on the line.
Jamal Williams,Igor Olshansky, Bhano Jue and Terrence Kiel are the 4 players who might be out this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard on ESPN that Shanny thinks it would be really special if Anderson and Bell both got 1000 yards on the season. Everyone can debate if he gets 10 carries or 25 carries, but even if he gets 25 carries, he is going to need a 40+ yard rush to get to 133. SD run defense is good, and i would bet they dont want Bell to get to 1000. I think it all comes down to him breaking one big one (50 yards), then getting 15-20 carries at 3-4 ypc.

i think Bell breaks at least one big one today. without Jamal Williams, and Igor playing sparingly, the Chargers run D is severly hampered. Start Bell with confidence, IMO.

Jamal Williams,Igor Olshansky, Bhano Jue and Terrence Kiel are the 4 players who might be out this week.
:link:

I wasn't really meaning OL starters. What do you think Bell's chances are with SD having to defend against Bradlee Van Pelt, Charlie Adams and Todd Devoe?

:link:
No link, but I read the same thing this week. I'm pretty sure Kiel is definitely out. I'll look for the link.

Also, remember everyone that Denver struggles running agaisnt the 3-4 SCHEME as much as they struggle running against SD. Even Houston gives Denver problems running the football (RBs got 80 yards rushing against Hou in the preseason, and 200+ against everyone else).Bell's a risky play, but in week 17, there are few RBs who aren't.

I wasn't really meaning OL starters. What do you think Bell's chances are with SD having to defend against Bradlee Van Pelt, Charlie Adams and Todd Devoe?
Not bad, actually. Some of Bell's best plays of the season (such as the two TDs against Washington) have come against an overstacked Line of Scrimmage. Bell's biggest advantage is if the other team stacks against the run, and his line somehow manages to get him to the second level, Bell's GONE, since at most there'll only be one safety deep to stop him.An overstacked LoS will lead to a lot more 1 or 2 yard gains, but it also drastically increases his chances of breaking a 50 yarder. In the end, bad for Denver's offense (which likes sustained drives), but good for Denver's chance to get Bell over 131.

Users who are viewing this thread