What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (16 Viewers)

All-AFL QB John Hadl, 82

Super Sky Point to John Hadl, who tossed 244 career touchdown passes while wearing a weird number for a quarterback and owning male pattern baldness harder than perhaps any other 20th century male
And involved in a notorious bad trade comparable to Hershal Walker or Russell Wilson.
Yes, it set the Pack back for a decade, set up the Rams nicely.

The Gaylord Perry news hit me in an odd way, and I think it might be that he's the first player who I remember watching play, and even had a card for... who basically just died of being an old dude

GP I'm right behind ya buddy *cough

Bob McGrath -- one of the original human stars on 'Sesame Street,' and a longtime staple on the show for years -- has died ... this according to his loved ones.

The actor's family shared the sad news Sunday, writing on his official Facebook page ... "Our father Bob McGrath, passed away today. He died peacefully at home, surrounded by his family."

RIP. 90 years is a good run

Bob McGrath -- one of the original human stars on 'Sesame Street,' and a longtime staple on the show for years -- has died ... this according to his loved ones.

The actor's family shared the sad news Sunday, writing on his official Facebook page ... "Our father Bob McGrath, passed away today. He died peacefully at home, surrounded by his family."

It being the holiday season helps, but I can't think of Bob without thinking of the below:

R.I.P.

read his autobiography me & my spitter in junior high. part of the rubber arm era, 320+ IP 5 out of 6 years, averaged 315 over a 9 year stretch. guys like him, Mickey Lolich & Wilbur Wood could go B2B CG on 2 days rest when the JUL/AUG doubleheaders piled up.

good guy AFAIK & quite a character.

So sad. And this after Luis (Emilio Delgado) passed earlier this year.

read his autobiography me & my spitter in junior high. part of the rubber arm era, 320+ IP 5 out of 6 years, averaged 315 over a 9 year stretch. guys like him, Mickey Lolich & Wilbur Wood could go B2B CG on 2 days rest when the JUL/AUG doubleheaders piled up.

IIRC Wood started both games of a DH against the Indians once. Man's game.

RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. Musical Goddess.
Correct. She was great. RIP.

In memory.....will be playing Rumours album tonight. One of the best of all time.

A little ashamed of this now but about 30 years ago went to a Fleetwood Mac concert at Pine Knob Music Theatre outside Detroit. It is outdoor with a hill for seating, we were sitting in the pavilion about 3/4 of the way up. It was on an incline so the stage is lower than the seats. People were throwing frisbees around in the seats and my wife caught one, she says to me see it you can make the stage. I could throw a frisbee so I stood up and let it rip. It was a rope and being higher than the stage it sailed like a flying saucer. Christine played her organ facing forward toward the crowd and it was heading for a direct hit at her..right in the middle of the song she ducks and it goes over her head.

She never missed a beat. RIP

Last edited:
RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. Musical Goddess.
Correct. She was great. RIP.

In memory.....will be playing Rumours album tonight. One of the best of all time.

A little ashamed of this now but about 30 years ago went to a Fleetwood Mac concert at Pine Knob Music Theatre outside Detroit. It is outdoor with a hill for seating, we were sitting in the pavilion about 3/4 of the way up. It was on an incline so the stage is lower than that seats. People were throwing frisbees around in the seats and my wife caught one, she says to me see it you can make the stage. I could throw a frisbee so I stood up and let it rip. It was a rope and being higher than the stage it sailed like a flying saucer. Christine played her organ facing forward the crowd and it was heading right at her..right in the middle of the song she ducks and it goes over her head.

She never missed a beat. RIP
I hope they were playing Over My Head when this happened.

Doug B went his own way and beat me to it.

The Clean's Hamish Kilgour found dead in Christchurch

Was lucky enough to see The Clean a couple times in Chicago. The second time I saw them was a small venue called Lincoln Hall. Hamish was just hangin out having some beers by the bar and thanked him for playing Chicago and talked about New Zealand a bit. Unfortunately his brother David was backstage and completely trashed. They played maybe 4 songs that night before David got pissed and left the stage. Not a great show, but a cool memory of the last time I got to see one of my favorite bands. RIP

So sad. And this after Luis (Emilio Delgado) passed earlier this year.
And don't forget Mr. Hooper.

We say this quote all the time...

After Rebecca & Sam break into Robin's office and find out he's a crook she whines, "Do you know what this means? This means...that I am to stupid to LIVE!"

She was a pretty good Vulcan Wrath of Khan too.

Jim Stewart, Co-founder of R&B label Stax and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, died on Monday, longtime staff Stax songwriter David Porter confirmed on Monday. Stewart was 92.

“No way a poor kid from a housing project’s picture in Memphis would be on a bus rolling through Memphis if it were not for this man, the ST of the word Stax,” Porter wrote in a social media caption with a photo of the Stax Museum bus (the museum is located at the original location of Stax Records). “I love and acknowledge him and his memory. RIP my dear benefactor to American Soul music.”

IIRC Wood started both games of a DH against the Indians once. Man's game.

Yep - on 2 days rest

Might have to try and fire up my og vhs tape of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street this weekend.

Grant Wahl, a Princeton polysci major, got his start in sports journalism at age 21 for the Miami Herald. During his time in Miami, he lived in garage studio apt of one of the Herald writers - not surprising given the salary. He impressed everyone from day 1. His first column was about the 1996 Olympics and the secure village setup in Davie, post Munich.

>>Hal Habib was the Herald’s assistant sports editor and Olympics editor when a young Wahl, fresh from Princeton, approached his desk at the Herald’s fifth floor newsroom inside the old One Herald Plaza building on Biscayne Bay. Wahl told his editor he’d like to do a preview of the Olympic soccer tournament in Davie, Habib recalled in a Twitter thread. “Sure, kid. Knock yourself out,” Habib remembers thinking.

I was stunned at what came next. Grant had mapped out the entire tournament, breaking down every team, no matter how obscure. I knew we had somebody special in our midst and Grant was every bit of that and more. I thought I knew something about soccer until I met Grant. Nobody knew the game like him, but more than that, nobody could WRITE the game like him. Nobody. He was a master dissecting the sport as well as with words,”

Soccer writer Grant Wahl was a fixture on the world sports stage. He got his start in Miami

I didn’t know Grant, but I knew one of his brothers; we were editors of the school paper in college — I was one of the news editors and he was one of the sports editors. Because of that, I followed Grant’s career after he joined SI and was always impressed with his work. Very sad news.

Jet Black, drummer for The Stranglers died at age 84. The band got lumped in with Punk chronologically but they were always more musically adventurous than playing three chords really fast.

Jet Black, drummer for The Stranglers died at age 84. The band got lumped in with Punk chronologically but they were always more musically adventurous than playing three chords really fast.

Big fan of the group, I used to have a bunch of their stuff. They really did develop a unique sound.

Users who are viewing this thread