What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A comment about the Zealots draft (1 Viewer)

Dope

Footballguy
It's interesting to follow several initial dynasty drafts all at the same time. You can get a good judge as to where your current dynasty teams stand.

As I am following the Zealot drafts going on right now, I found one thing pop out pretty hard.

Here is the draft position for a WR:

WR25

WR25

WR26

WR26

WR24

WR27

WR23

and

WR47

All of the WR20's were either Zealot's or from the FBG Consensus Message Board Draft.

The WR47 was an "outside" draft (BAFL)

Now, I haven't gone outside to other sites to try and find other initail dynasty drafts, but I wonder if

a. This site hypes Matt Jones way too much

b. This site, full of pretty good talent, is ahead of the curve on this guy.

c. It's a combo of the two

I think it's a combo of the two, but more towards the FBG is ahead of the curve. I'd put Matt somewhere around WR30-WR32.

I don't know if this is considered in your analysis of Matt Jones in particular, but I have found that in most initial dynasty drafts young WRs go probably 5-10 spots above where they should.

My question would be where did say Reggie Brown go in relation to Jones? He was not drafted significantly later than Jones in the real thing, performed similarly if not better, and is in a more pass friendly offense.

Edit just loooked at the Democracy in Action rankings that have been compiled over the past few months and Jones is ranked 22 versus Brown @ 34.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggie Brown

Z's

WR29

WR38

WR24

WR29

WR33

WR21

WR39

Consnsus

WR34

BAFL

WR34

So he's more in line with normal fluctuation in my eyes. Nothing like Matt Jones.

Along these lines, FBG had Larry Fitzgeraldn ranked in the 30s entering last season, atleast in their magazine. The guy ended up top 5. Jones isnt nearly as polished an overall WR talent as Fitz, but he's got skills. Too high? Fitzgerald coming in about 30 spots ahead of his forecast???...go figure. Jones will likely produce far better than is ADP. Smith is old and Williams isnt for real and Wiliford isnt versatile. Matt Jones is 6'5 and runs under a 4.4 with a 30 something vertical, a QB's smarts and a good attitiude. He will be the #1 WR in Jax by the end of next season....jmho.

Users who are viewing this thread