What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A first round mock for your enjoyment! (1 Viewer)

Titans_fan

Footballguy
1. Rams: Sam Bradford QB from Oklahoma

May or may not be a franchise QB, but the Rams have passed on Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez. They grab their QB of the future this time around.

2. Lions: Ndamukong Suh DT from Nebraska

Matt Stafford may argue that O-Line help is more important (i.e Okung) but Schwartz and his staff get their version of Albert Haynesworth with a better work ethic. Arguably the best player in the draft.

3. Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma

The Bucs miss the presence Warren Sapp provided, so they grab the next best thing in McCoy. The #1 DT on some teams boards over Suh and an immediate starter.

4. Redskins: Russell Okung OT from Oklahoma State

The acquisition of McNabb postpones the need for a franchise QB (i.e Clausen) so they go with a protector for their new investment. Samuels' retirement opens the door for Okung to move into his vacated LT position.

5. Chiefs: Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa

Some may call for arguably the most talented player here in Eric Berry but Pioli and Co. want to protect the third-highest paid QB in the league. Bulaga has the potential to start right away and form a nice tandem with last year's #1, Albert.

6. Seahawks: Trent Williams OT from Oklahoma

Walter Jones' questionable status for 2010 is a big blow to a franchise with plenty of needs. A play-making safety like Berry would be an upgrade and a QB like Clausen would give them a replacement for Hasselbeck. In the end, though, they go with the O-Line and look to upgrade at another position with their second pick at #14.

7. Browns: Eric Berry SS, FS from Tennessee

Jake Delhomme isn't a long-term answer at QB, but a safety in the Ed Reed mold is going to be hard to pass up for a franchise with a lot of holes. Clausen gets considered, but ultimately the talent of Berry wins out.

8. Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT from Maryland

Here's all Al Davis needs to know to pull the trigger on Campbell. 6' 6"; 314 lbs.; 4.85 forty (#1 among O-linemen); 34 reps at 225 (#5); 32" vert (#6). Probably a reach, but it wouldn't be the Raiders without one!

9. Bills: Jimmy Clausen QB from Notre Dame

In order to compete in the suddenly tough AFC East you need a good QB. One with high accuracy and who played in a pro-style offense outdoors is a plus for Buffalo. Clausen's slide stops here.

10. Jaguars: Rolando McClain ILB from Alabama

With no 2nd-round pick, this needs to be an impact pick for the Jaguars. While many feel a DE is the way to go (Morgan, Pierre-Paul) I think the signing of Kampman allows them to shift away from that position. An athletic MLB would shore up the run defense immediately, so McClain goes in the top ten.

11. Broncos: Dez Bryant WR from Oklahoma State

The trading of their top wideout to Miami opens the door for the team to take Bryant, who some compare to Randy Moss. Fans would argue the defensive side of the ball needs the most help, but passing on the potential Bryant possesses is too much for McDaniels.

12. Dolphins: Dan Williams DT from Tennessee

The acquisition of Marshall crosses the need for a WR off their list, so the Dolphins turn to the defensive side of the ball. With Jason Ferguson serving a half-season suspension, the Dolphins take the big DT from UT and fill the need nicely on draft day.

13. 49ers: Joe Haden CB from Florida

With the top three OTs off the board, the 49ers are looking at a debate between Anthony Davis and Joe Haden. Davis is not known for his pass-blocking skills and will possibly be available when they pick again at 17. Haden is creeping back up some draft boards and will likely be gone by 17 if they pass. They don't and get the #1 CB at number 13.

14. Seahawks: C.J. Spiller RB from Clemson

With the tackle spot taken care of earlier, the Seahawks can focus on getting a dose of excitement from one of their skill positions. No RB on Seattle's roster has the potential Spiller possesses. If he makes it this far, the 'Hawks won't be able to get to the podium fast enough.

15. Giants: Sean Weatherspoon OLB from Missouri

I believe McClain is the player the Giants really wanted, but in this mock he's gone. Now it comes down to one of the top DEs (Morgan or Pierre-Paul) or the next-best LB on the board. I think the G-Men will feel comfortable going with Osi and Tuck next season and shore up the middle with Weatherspoon.

16. Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul DE from South Florida

With the departure of KVB and Kearse the Titans are in desperate need of a DE to stay competitive in the AFC South. While Morgan is considered the safer choice, Pierre-Paul reminds those in the organization of Kearse and the havoc he created when healthy.

17. 49ers: Anthony Davis OT from Rutgers

After passing on OT with their earlier pick, the Niners find themselves on the clock with no OTs coming off the board since their last pick. Davis fits in nicely with the team's needs and he comes off the board here.

18. Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey OT from Florida

In order to get back to "Steeler football" the team needs a big, punishing O-Line. Hartwig appeared past his prime last season and Pouncey can inject some much needed youth into the Pittsburgh line. The perfect player for what this team needs.

19. Falcons: Derrick Morgan DE from Georgia Tech

A home-town selection for the Falcons and a need-filler to boot! The Falcons have to choose between Brandon Graham and Morgan, but the local boy gets the nod and thrives in the Falcons defense.

20. Texans: Kyle Wilson CB from Boise State

The Texans have a few positions of need and some consider RB near the top of that list. If the organization believes the same, Ryan Mathews could come off the board here. However, winning the AFC South means beating the Colts and Peyton Manning. The Texans need help in the secondary and Wilson is a top-notch corner that could start from day one.

21. Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE from Oklahoma

Ever since T.J. Houshmanzadeh left town, Carson Palmer has not looked like the elite QB many thought he was. The lack of a receiving tight end only hindered his production. The Bengals fill that need with the highest-rated TE in the draft and take Gresham off the board.

22. Patriots: Brandon Graham DE from Michigan

While the Patriots rarely draft a player to fill one need, they desperately need an edge guy who can play standing up or with one hand on the ground. Rated as one of the top three DEs in the draft, Graham fills a need for the Pats and Belichick and company get better because of it.

23. Packers: Mike Iupati OG from Idaho

With the top two corners off the board, the Packers are forced to choose between Kareem Jackson or help along the O-Line. Iupati grades out higher for the Pack and helps fortify the run game and keep Aaron Rodgers upright for years to come.

24. Eagles: Kareem Jackson CB from Alabama

The trading of Sheldon Brown necessitates this pick as Ellis Hobbs isn't the answer. Jackson has some learning to do but will man the corner position for the Eagles for years to come.

25. Ravens: Jared Odrick DT from Penn State

Ozzie Newsome knows how to draft, and it will be hard to pass up a defensive force like Odrick. The Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year will find a nice home in front of Ray Lewis and company and immediately improve the Ravens defense.

26. Cardinals: Demaryius Thomas WR from Georgia Tech

Regardless of who ends up winning the QB job in Arizona, if the season started today Larry Fitzgerald is never going to be open. Not taking anything away from Breaston, but he's not the ball-hawk Boldin was. Thomas, on the other hand, is a physically impressive WR and will go get the ball. Probably a day one starter.

27. Cowboys: Charles Brown OT from USC

The O-Line is the area of biggest concern for the Cowboys with the departure of long-time LT Flozell Adams. Brown has increased his draft stock recently and will make a nice acquisition for Jerry Jones and crew.

28. Chargers: Ryan Mathews RB from Fresno State

The release of LaDainian Tomlinson and the apparent reluctance to sign Sproles feels like the Chargers aren't thrilled with their RB situation. Sproles doesn't appear to be an every-down back, so why not go get one? Mathews fits into the Chargers scheme perfectly and has a chance to be the offensive ROY if he goes to San Diego.

29. Jets: Everson Griffen DE from USC

With the additions of Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie, the Jets now have to focus on a pass-rusher. If Jason Taylor comes to town, this may become a DT (i.e. Price) or a hybrid DE/OLB (i.e. Jerry Hughes) but I think Griffen ends up in Rex Ryan's attacking defense as things stand now.

30. Vikings: Taylor Mays FS from USC

While Mays ran a blistering 4.24 at the combine, many feel his tackling will push him deep into the first round and possibly out of it. The Vikings need help in the secondary, however, and snatch Mays up to try and improve in that area.

31. Colts: Jerry Hughes OLB from TCU

Bill Polian knows the best way to create turnovers is by having defensive players cause bedlam in the backfield. Imagine blocking Dwight Freeney on one edge and Robert Mathis on the other. Now throw in a sprinkling of Jerry Hughes coming from one of the LB spots. Wow.

32. Saints: Sergio Kindle OLB from Texas

The Saints are going to focus on the defensive side of the ball, and the D-Line needs to be addressed early. If the Saints elect to go with a DT, Brian Price could be the target, but the release of Charles Grant opens up the possibility of a DE/OLB hybrid like Kindle, which I think wins out at pick 32.

Let me know what you think!

You put some thought into it so good job overall. If my 49ers end up getting Joe Haden and Anthony Davis I'll be pleased. I'd be even more pleased if they took C.J. Spiller at 13 and there's still the chance that Haden will be there for them at 17. The O-line does need some bigtime attention which they could address with their 2nd round pick. They could get an OL that would at least be serviceable in the 2nd. Spiller's a unique talent, so is Haden, and you won't get many shots at a player with his talent. Last year Michael Crabtree fell to us at #10 and we were quick to snatch him up. I say we do the same with Spiller. He adds immediate impact in the running and return game. The more offensive weapons you give Alex Smith the better his chances of being successful.

Now, I've also heard some rumors of the 49ers drafting QB Jimmy Clausen at 13, if he makes it that far. I don't know about that one. I guess he'd be good for their west coast offense. Yet if they're gonna go QB with their first pick might as well parlay picks 13 & 17 to trade with the Rams and get the #1 pick. Then they'd get their franchise QB in Sam Bradford. As I said though I'd be very happy with CB Joe Haden & OT Anthony Davis. These two guys address the much needed help at the positions and gives the Niners a better chance to win ballgames.

32. Saints: Sergio Kindle OLB from TexasThe Saints are going to focus on the defensive side of the ball, and the D-Line needs to be addressed early. If the Saints elect to go with a DT, Brian Price could be the target, but the release of Charles Grant opens up the possibility of a DE/OLB hybrid like Kindle, which I think wins out at pick 32
.i don't think d-line will be a focus in this round or draft unless something completely random happens. while they have ditched charles grant, they have re-signed everyone else from last year. they have good depth there really. i expect that OLB to be the likely R1 pick but wouldn't put it past payton to grab an offensive player. he does love his toys so...

Like it, although I think the Eagles might take Earl Thomas over Kareem Jackson if he is there at 24 but both picks I would like.

Users who are viewing this thread