What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A.J. Green (Georgia) and Julio Jones (Alabama) (1 Viewer)

I like the players being discussed, but at the moment i would need to see more before making that call.

I've seen more of Green thus far than I have of Jones, but there is no question that both are outstanding. There is too much maturation to come from both (being only freshmen) to determine just how they'll fare comparatively when they begin playing on Sundays. Definitely a couple of players to be excited about though.

I think ND's Michael Floyd is playing himself into the discussion as well. Looks like a nice class.
Two of my favorite young WR's that I've been keeping an eye on are Michael Floyd and Arrelious Benn from Illinois.Both will be studs in the NFL.

Jones.... he is as smooth a WR as they come... great athleticism and catches everything.

Green seems more raw at the moment and benefits from being on a better passing team.

Right now I have Jones firmly ahead of Green

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2 and a half years, I will own A.J. Green in all my dynasty leagues. Whatever it takes.

Anyone see the move AJ Green made today? Guy is sick. Last year I thought Julio was better, but this year Green has been playing lights out. Guy is a future star.

'treat88 said:
Jones in year 1.Greene in every other year of their careers.
How do you figure that ????? Aj Green will be a wr1 first year, while Julio has a monster in Roddy White snagging 100 passes a year.. I think AJ Green is better for year 1 and the talent will be pretty even within 2 years.

They are both going to be effective bye week fill ins this year, IMO. I haven't seen enough of them, but for those that have, do you think that at some point either will be an every week starter this year?

They are both going to be effective bye week fill ins this year, IMO. I haven't seen enough of them, but for those that have, do you think that at some point either will be an every week starter this year?
I think Both are starting number two wrs... I have a start 2 wr league and I have Mike Wallace, Aj green, Julio Jones, Jacoby ford... PPR. Im starting Aj with confidence, kid is talented and in a good spot for targets... Aj could have 75-1200-10 tds as a rook he is that good... I could see better numbers if they had a better qb but with the situation as it stands now he is that good.

I highly doubt this
which part?
The part about Jones being better then year 1... total crap. AJ is the undeniable wr 1 and should be getting 10-15 targets a game if the team is smart.
I agree from the talent perspective, I'm all in on AJ.But total crap? Come on man, since when have the Bengals ever been relied upon to do the smart thing?I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike Lewis, Dalton, and the rest of the Bengals cast enough to think Julio outperforms AJ in year 1. That's where I'm at with it, but I would be happy if they prove me wrong.

I think Both are starting number two wrs... I have a start 2 wr league and I have Mike Wallace, Aj green, Julio Jones, Jacoby ford... PPR. Im starting Aj with confidence, kid is talented and in a good spot for targets... Aj could have 75-1200-10 tds as a rook he is that good... I could see better numbers if they had a better qb but with the situation as it stands now he is that good.
Wow, talk about really loving a guy. You are projecting him to be a top 6-7 WR in the league as a rookie and citing his QB as the only thing stopping him from being ever better??? That is beyond bold.

I highly doubt this
which part?
The part about Jones being better then year 1... total crap. AJ is the undeniable wr 1 and should be getting 10-15 targets a game if the team is smart.
I agree from the talent perspective, I'm all in on AJ.But total crap? Come on man, since when have the Bengals ever been relied upon to do the smart thing?I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike Lewis, Dalton, and the rest of the Bengals cast enough to think Julio outperforms AJ in year 1. That's where I'm at with it, but I would be happy if they prove me wrong.
Dalton is going to be goin to Green all the time, that will be his safety valve and he will force it in to him and the bengals will be behind a lot this year and will pass the ball alot. I think Green could be wr2 potential 1 in his rookie year, as I expect that within 2-3 years, Im just hoping he is one of them special rookie cats. He does look phenomenal. Julio looks great to and could surprise with big numbers.. He could have had 6 for 110 and a td had he not dropped the 51 yard td in his hands after he burned polamalu.

Wow, talk about really loving a guy. You are projecting him to be a top 6-7 WR in the league as a rookie and citing his QB as the only thing stopping him from being ever better??? That is beyond bold.
yes sir that is absolute best case but 65-75 for 1000-1200 and 8-10 tds look like a possibility if given 140 targets.

yes sir that is absolute best case but 65-75 for 1000-1200 and 8-10 tds look like a possibility if given 140 targets.
Not sure you realize how much Dalton is going to struggle this year

This thread was making me really angry until I realized most of the posts are from 2008 lol

13 games in and AJ is att 55/891/7 on just 90 targets.ETA over 16 games that would be on pace for 68/1097/9 on 111 targets.

Anyhow, someone needs to do a thread on the 2 WRs to look out for in 2014 :)

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread