What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AD back at practice FRI (1 Viewer)

AD has finally arrived.

We now have three seperate threads for his Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday practice status. :lmao:

I was pretty sure that he would have light work load this week, but be ready to play on Sunday. I see him getting no more than 25 touches this weekend, but he can still put up monster numbers with that many carries.

No more than 25? I don't know how he can be productive with that few.
If the Vikes were 1-1 I would say he would be held down to 15-18, but this is a must win in the eyes of the Vikings. This reason alone could cause them to over use him even with the sore hamstring.

He participated in stretching.

:bag:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Running back Adrian Peterson was at practice today, participating in the early portion of stretches and individual drills, the only part the media are allowed to watch.

What time does the official injury report come out today? Can't really access from work.. please list in this thread when available.

I'm thinking he'll be listed as questionable.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed that Adrian Peterson's (questionable, hamstring) playing status for Week 3 against Carolina is "probably going to be a game-time type of decision."

"We’ll treat here for the next 48 hours and look at him before the game," Childress said. One report said that Peterson looked "just fine" at the start of Friday's practice, but owners need to check back on Sunday morning to be sure he's active. The Panthers and Vikings play at 1PM ET.

Sep. 19 - 3:18 p.m. ET

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Sounds like ole Chilly Willy is taking a page out of Bellicheats' playbook.

AD will play. This is the biggest game of the year. No WAY he misses this game.

:whoosh:

Running back Adrian Peterson was at practice today, participating in the early portion of stretches and individual drills, the only part the media are allowed to watch.
So he participated in the part that the media is allowed to watch. What makes you think he didn't participate in the rest?He'll be fine. 180 yds and 2 TD's.

:whistle:

So he participated in the part that the media is allowed to watch. What makes you think he didn't participate in the rest?He'll be fine. 180 yds and 2 TD's.
Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :coffee:

Per Rotoworld

Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed that Adrian Peterson's (questionable, hamstring) playing status for Week 3 against Carolina is "probably going to be a game-time type of decision.""We’ll treat here for the next 48 hours and look at him before the game," Childress said. One report said that Peterson looked "just fine" at the start of Friday's practice, but owners need to check back on Sunday morning to be sure he's active. The Panthers and Vikings play at 1PM ET.
Here comes chestor taylor :shrug:

:shrug:

Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :shrug:
lol @ all you trolls...AD will play and if your playing vs. him chalk up a loss this week and if you have Chester, well he's still worth about was he was last week. He's nothing more than a change of pace back.I do expext him to get more carries this week.. so if you don't mind you RB getteing max 10 carries start CT.

:shrug:

Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :lmao:
lol @ all you trolls...AD will play and if your playing vs. him chalk up a loss this week and if you have Chester, well he's still worth about was he was last week. He's nothing more than a change of pace back.I do expext him to get more carries this week.. so if you don't mind you RB getteing max 10 carries start CT.
Stop your :shrug: ...... facts are facts.....and injury is an injury. AD owners should be very concerned.

:wolf:

Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :2cents:
Stop your :kicksrock: ...... facts are facts.....and injury is an injury. AD owners should be very concerned.
:nerd: Start Taylor this week. Let us know how that goes.

:wolf:

Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :2cents:
Stop your :kicksrock: ...... facts are facts.....and injury is an injury. AD owners should be very concerned.
No fishing I honestly believe what I wrote.Lets put it tis way I would not give Muhammed my 5th reciever for CT. He's worth to me as about the same as SJAX, LJ, LYNCH ect backups. I am sorry you drafted CT too early. He will be of no value to you.

AD has a bruise in his hammy come Sunday he wil be out there and fine..

Learn to read between the lines.... Seriously

Lets put it tis way I would not give Muhammed my 5th reciever for CT. He's worth to me as about the same as SJAX, LJ, LYNCH ect backups. I am sorry you drafted CT too early. He will be of no value to you.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :lmao:

Lets put it tis way I would not give Muhammed my 5th reciever for CT. He's worth to me as about the same as SJAX, LJ, LYNCH ect backups. I am sorry you drafted CT too early. He will be of no value to you.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :yes:
:lmao: So you're saying he's injury prone because of a freak knee injury and a freak collarbone injury a year beforehand? I bet you were in the group that didn't draft him because you thought his collarbone would be a reoccurring injury.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :yes:
Chris Perry & Ray Rice will finish better just off the top of my head.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :thumbdown:
;) So you're saying he's injury prone because of a freak knee injury and a freak collarbone injury a year beforehand? I bet you were in the group that didn't draft him because you thought his collarbone would be a reoccurring injury.
What about the year before the collarbone? Last time I checked an injury is an injury. Why do you describe them as "Freak"? If a player has missed time due to injury 3 years in a row I would consider him an injury liability.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :tinfoilhat:
:lmao: So you're saying he's injury prone because of a freak knee injury and a freak collarbone injury a year beforehand? I bet you were in the group that didn't draft him because you thought his collarbone would be a reoccurring injury.
What about the year before the collarbone? Last time I checked an injury is an injury. Why do you describe them as "Freak"? If a player has missed time due to injury 3 years in a row I would consider him an injury liability.
Not all injuries are the same. This stance is a recipe to lose your fantasy league. GL playing.

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :confused:
Chris Perry & Ray Rice will finish better just off the top of my head.
:popcorn:

Billy Ball....when was the last time ADP played a full season at any level? How did Taylor do the year before AD came to the Vikings and last year? What other player can be had for a 6th-7th round pick and can put up those kinds of numbers? :moneybag:
Chris Johnson.. got him in both of my leagues in the 7th.. & I would bet just about anything he'll end up with more points than Chester Taylor...

:lmao:

Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in the practices earlier in the week. :lmao:
Stop your :mellow: ...... facts are facts.....and injury is an injury. AD owners should be very concerned.
No fishing I honestly believe what I wrote.Lets put it tis way I would not give Muhammed my 5th reciever for CT. He's worth to me as about the same as SJAX, LJ, LYNCH ect backups. I am sorry you drafted CT too early. He will be of no value to you.

wow, you're gettin worked up over this. check CT's numbers last yr. he was a RB1 in the absence of ADP. ADP runs hard, and has been known to get banged up. why are you so down on folks who drafted CT in mid-rounds. it could pay off.oh i get it, you cant handle the CT owners getting excited about him getting an opportunity to play. that's FF, get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Childress: "He's a game-time decision."

Peterson: "I plan on playing."

Do the math, people. The Vikings are a desperate team. Childress is a desperate coach (see: benching his pet project after only eight quarters in favor of a 76 year-old journeyman). He will try to get any edge he can at this point, including making the Panthers spend time preparing for a heavy dose of Taylor, who has a very different running style than Peterson. AD will have trainers with him around the clock for the next two days... electronic stimulation, ice, massages, etc. Nothing to see here. :(

The only way I'm sitting him is if he's listed as inactive Sunday morning. This is common sense.

The more difficult decision is for people like me who also have Taylor. He's a must start if ADP is inactive, but I'm trying to decide what to do if ADP plays, which I think is almost a certainty. The pro side of starting Taylor as a flex along with ADP is that you protect yourself should ADP aggravate the injury, or is severly limited in his touches. The con side is that ADP may very well see 20 touches and Taylor may put up #'s similar to the last 2 games.

I heard on NFL Network that ADP didn't finish practice today. Does anyone else have any info on this?

Hopefully you guys are in leagues which let you make lineup decisions right up until kickoff. If so, we'll certainly know what his status is before the ball is in the air. Selfishly speaking, I would not mind him taking the week off to get to 100%. I'm playing the worst team in the league this week. :lol:
I would agree. Taking the day off and knowing that CT will carry the load for the game is better than "he will play some" comment 15 minutes before game-time.

chihawk said:
Raider Nation said:
captbly said:
Hopefully you guys are in leagues which let you make lineup decisions right up until kickoff. If so, we'll certainly know what his status is before the ball is in the air. Selfishly speaking, I would not mind him taking the week off to get to 100%. I'm playing the worst team in the league this week. :rolleyes:
I would agree. Taking the day off and knowing that CT will carry the load for the game is better than "he will play some" comment 15 minutes before game-time.
Peterson practices, but remains questionable for VikingsEDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Star running back Adrian Peterson returned to practice Friday with the Minnesota Vikings, but he was limited in his work and remained questionable for Sunday's game because of a hamstring injury.

Coach Brad Childress said he would wait until shortly before the game against Carolina to decide whether Peterson, who leads the NFL with 263 yards rushing, will participate. He'll be treating the muscle extensively over the next two days.

If Peterson can't go, Chester Taylor -- a 1,200-yard rusher in 2006 -- will take his place in the backfield. Either way, Taylor could assume a larger role against the Panthers. He has been returning kickoffs, too, and is sixth in the league with a 28.5-yard average.

Minnesota's 0-2 start has created some urgency to this week, and benching quarterback Tarvaris Jackson for veteran Gus Frerotte had some desperate overtones. Childress, though, has to be even more careful about pushing Peterson too hard for the sake of a quick fix.

Peterson, a second-year pro out of Oklahoma who missed 2½ games due to a sprained knee in 2007, said he plans to play but must convince the trainers and coaches he's not risking aggravation -- and developing a problem that lingers for weeks -- by not being at full strength.

"Sometimes you have to protect the player from himself and err on the side of caution, and sometimes you feel good about what you've seen," Childress said of last season's Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Childress said the Vikings are in a "good frame of mind" despite the uncertainty surrounding Peterson's status and the change in quarterback this week. He suggested lineup changes can yield an atmosphere of rallying around a player, rather than erode the rest of the team's confidence.

Wide receiver Sidney Rice was also limited in Friday's practice and is questionable for Sunday. He sprained his right knee last week.

Just a comment on the practice thing. If you were the coaching staff, wouldn't you have Peterson forgo Team drills to get some time in with the trainers? I am sure a deep tissue massage on that hammy and a hot tub will help Peterson's condition far more than running and cutting. He's the best player on the team, playing the position that requires the least amount of team collaboration.

Personally, I'm glad he missed some practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFL's leading rusher is listed as questionable for Sunday, and even if he does play, Chester Taylor figures to be a bigger part of the offense.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...QL7PQLanchO7DiU

Someone should change the title of this post... as its not really accurate regarding status of AP
There's really nothing new in this article from what we knew yesterday.About the dreaded game-time decision... If they are truly worried about Peterson's ability to play, they won't waste a game day roster spot on him, so we'll see him on the inactive list. That will give us plenty of time to adjust our lineups accordingly. If he's NOT on the inactive list, I'm putting him in my lineup as they obviously feel good enough about the situation to play him.

The NFL's leading rusher is listed as questionable for Sunday, and even if he does play, Chester Taylor figures to be a bigger part of the offense.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...QL7PQLanchO7DiU

Someone should change the title of this post... as its not really accurate regarding status of AP
There's really nothing new in this article from what we knew yesterday.About the dreaded game-time decision... If they are truly worried about Peterson's ability to play, they won't waste a game day roster spot on him, so we'll see him on the inactive list. That will give us plenty of time to adjust our lineups accordingly. If he's NOT on the inactive list, I'm putting him in my lineup as they obviously feel good enough about the situation to play him.
:lmao:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if Peterson does NOT play, where does that put Taylor on the Shark Pool "cheat sheet?" Is he automatically up there with Gore and Barber this week - Top 5? 10-15? Or is he more of a marginal RB 2 guy?

Full disclosure: I'm debating between McFadden/M. Bush, S. Morris, and now Taylor as a RB 2.

Vikings | Peterson receiving extra treatment on hamstring

Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:54:36 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (hamstring) will receive extensive treatment on his ailing hamstring over the weekend with hopes he will be able to play Sunday, Sept. 21, against the Carolina Panthers. Head coach Brad Childress plans to wait until before the game before making a decision on Peterson's status.

Vikings | Peterson receiving extra treatment on hamstringSat, 20 Sep 2008 13:54:36 -0700Updating ongoing reports, The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (hamstring) will receive extensive treatment on his ailing hamstring over the weekend with hopes he will be able to play Sunday, Sept. 21, against the Carolina Panthers. Head coach Brad Childress plans to wait until before the game before making a decision on Peterson's status.
Is it a pull? A strain? A Bruise?

Users who are viewing this thread