What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Additional Survivir League before PDSL-is there interest? (1 Viewer)

jeaton6

Footballguy
There was some discussion in the PDSL sign-up thread about adding another league either to test our skills vs others (beyond just our drafting ability) or just to get another draft fix before the PDSLs. One idea was to do a Best Ball, all-play format with waiver wire pickups. Is this something people are interested in and does anyone know of any sites that can handle this type of format (mfl?). If not free perhaps we look to make the league a little interesting ($).

The alternative is just another Survivor eague between now and PDSL, perhaps post combine to get us more info on the rooks before the draft. Wouldn't have to be part of the Official Survivor Series if we had interest going this route.

Discuss...

in....even if just a 12 teamer....I think almost every MFL league has an automatic default to an "all play" type report...and obviously we can see they have the best ball lineup option....in all of my head to head leagues on MFL you automatically get an "all play" report....just need the connection to get it for free like we do here.....by the way, how do we get that here, who has the hookup....?

i say no cash....just Mock Draft Forum Immortality

in....even if just a 12 teamer....I think almost every MFL league has an automatic default to an "all play" type report...and obviously we can see they have the best ball lineup option....in all of my head to head leagues on MFL you automatically get an "all play" report....just need the connection to get it for free like we do here.....by the way, how do we get that here, who has the hookup....?

:goodposting:

I think Draftmasters are free at MFL. Never paid anything when I put the WSL's in for last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

:goodposting: I think Draftmasters are free at MFL. Never paid anything when I put the WSL's in for last season.
Ok great. I'm thinking we go the standard 20 rounds, but maybe mix it up with 1.5 PPR for TEs or we just keep it simple and stick with standard SL rules? And we start on Monday March 3rd? Lmk what you think. If so, I'll put a fresh post out there for sign ups and we'll target completion by 4/1.

How do auctions work on mfl? Interesting twist and I'm open to it but wonder if we could garner enough interest...

How do auctions work on mfl? Interesting twist and I'm open to it but wonder if we could garner enough interest...
If there's interest, I'll set something up this weekend. 24 hour clock, resets with a new high bid. Roster and rules could be similar to the fbg contest except we set the prices through auction.

I'd do both but for simplicity sake to get the ball rolling I'm going to suggest we go with standard format. I'll put out sign-up later today and will call it the first annual best ball all play league "BBAPL" for short.

my suggestions:

1. no auction

2. no money....once you introduce cash it usually leads to more of a time commitment and I would venture to say most in the forum have a full plate of leagues and will not want to participate if too much attention is required

3. I think just based on sheer competitiveness, people will still check in to make weekly roster moves, etc.....but don't want it to be so over the top that you feel like you screwed your whole season if you check out for a couple weeks or something

Just curious, what's the hesitation with auction? They don't necessarily take longer and you're not waiting to pick.

I would be up for an auction too.

Heck I am an addict and will do both.

Prefer to play for pride too.

Users who are viewing this thread