What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice would be great! (1 Viewer)

12thMan86

Footballguy
12 team standard (non-ppr) league, 6 point passing td. 1QB, 2RB's, 2WR's, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, and 1Def/st 

My team is as follows:

QB's: T. Brady, T. Taylor 

RB's: Miller, Blount, McKinnon, Foreman, Henry 

WR's: T. Hill, D. Baldwin, C. Davis, M. Bryant 

TE: Gronk 

K: Prater

Def/ST: Denver and the Saints

I am currently on a 5 game losing skid, and facing elimination from the playoffs if I basically don't win out. I need people on this forum to help me out! 

Here are the top available waiver wire guys:

RB's: J. Richard, L. Murray, A. Ekeler, J. Rodgers, Gallman, Yeldon

WR's: Kearse, R. Anderson, P. Richardson, T. Benjamin, M. Lee

TE's: Clay, Howard, 

K: Boswell, Gould, Tucker, 

Def/st: Lions, Bears, Eagles, Dolphins 

Question is while I loved the Denver Defense coming into this season, they have lost me a few matchups and turned my record upside down basically. Do I pick up one of the options on the wire or wait it out against the future difficult matchups ahead with possibly only 1 loss left before I'm out of the playoff run? Are there any other moves that I should make, be it by waiver wire or trade?

Thanks 

12 team standard (non-ppr) league, 6 point passing td. 1QB, 2RB's, 2WR's, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, and 1Def/st 

My team is as follows:

QB's: T. Brady, T. Taylor 

RB's: Miller, Blount, McKinnon, Foreman, Henry 

WR's: T. Hill, D. Baldwin, C. Davis, M. Bryant 

TE: Gronk 

K: Prater

Def/ST: Denver and the Saints

I am currently on a 5 game losing skid, and facing elimination from the playoffs if I basically don't win out. I need people on this forum to help me out! 

Here are the top available waiver wire guys:

RB's: J. Richard, L. Murray, A. Ekeler, J. Rodgers, Gallman, Yeldon

WR's: Kearse, R. Anderson, P. Richardson, T. Benjamin, M. Lee

TE's: Clay, Howard, 

K: Boswell, Gould, Tucker, 

Def/st: Lions, Bears, Eagles, Dolphins 

Question is while I loved the Denver Defense coming into this season, they have lost me a few matchups and turned my record upside down basically. Do I pick up one of the options on the wire or wait it out against the future difficult matchups ahead with possibly only 1 loss left before I'm out of the playoff run? Are there any other moves that I should make, be it by waiver wire or trade?

Thanks 

Use your priority to obtain Latavius Murray.  You are essentially protecting yourself, with having him and McKinnon, and an injury to one or the other would actually "help" your team and RB scenario, if you have both.

Ekeler will only have any iota of value if Gordon gets hurt, so I would look elsewhere.  Jacquizz Rodgers is another possibility, and he would certainly get most of the work, if Doug Martin were to go down. But again, you are needing an injury. He isn't a flashy talent, its more of a volume play.  I don't even like that either, as TB can't stop anyone, and they look like they are going to be in a few more shootouts soon.

Try checking to see if Alex Collins is on the wire, he has a great playoff RB schedule, and Woodhead isn't a lock to stay healthy, when and if he does return.

Cut any and all fat, like Martavis Bryant. Not only is he not getting any work, its not like he will ever crack your starting lineup. Kearse would be a better bench option.   You basically want to drop everything you have no intention of ever starting to acquire RB lottery tickets.

I MIGHT try and get a sneaky upgrade at kicker too.  Tucker is year in and year out among the best at the kicker position. He has had a brutal year, but it looks like Baltimore should be putting him in a few more better kicking scenarios from here on forward.

I also think Boswell is a great option, as Pitt's schedule from week 10 on, is almost ALL home games, barring 2 or 3 I believe.  Pittsburgh should start scoring more too, as the weeks go on so he may have more kicking opportunities soon too.

You don't look to have a bad team by any stretch, but if you lost 5 straight, then you have had a bit of rough luck.......that happens to us all. Bad luck has a way of getting to everyone sometimes. Some years you just can't do anything right, and even if you do, bad luck can take it away.

This is the worst "season" I have had in years. Mostly its under performance, though in my biggest league, I have dealt with that, and a slew of injuries too. I am fortunate to be 3-4 there, and still have a shot at the playoffs. I'm not "out of it" in any league at all, but its easily one of the rougher starts I have had in years.....so I know where you are coming from.

Good luck,

TZM

Use your priority to obtain Latavius Murray.  You are essentially protecting yourself, with having him and McKinnon, and an injury to one or the other would actually "help" your team and RB scenario, if you have both.

Ekeler will only have any iota of value if Gordon gets hurt, so I would look elsewhere.  Jacquizz Rodgers is another possibility, and he would certainly get most of the work, if Doug Martin were to go down. But again, you are needing an injury. He isn't a flashy talent, its more of a volume play.  I don't even like that either, as TB can't stop anyone, and they look like they are going to be in a few more shootouts soon.

Try checking to see if Alex Collins is on the wire, he has a great playoff RB schedule, and Woodhead isn't a lock to stay healthy, when and if he does return.

Cut any and all fat, like Martavis Bryant. Not only is he not getting any work, its not like he will ever crack your starting lineup. Kearse would be a better bench option.   You basically want to drop everything you have no intention of ever starting to acquire RB lottery tickets.

I MIGHT try and get a sneaky upgrade at kicker too.  Tucker is year in and year out among the best at the kicker position. He has had a brutal year, but it looks like Baltimore should be putting him in a few more better kicking scenarios from here on forward.

I also think Boswell is a great option, as Pitt's schedule from week 10 on, is almost ALL home games, barring 2 or 3 I believe.  Pittsburgh should start scoring more too, as the weeks go on so he may have more kicking opportunities soon too.

You don't look to have a bad team by any stretch, but if you lost 5 straight, then you have had a bit of rough luck.......that happens to us all. Bad luck has a way of getting to everyone sometimes. Some years you just can't do anything right, and even if you do, bad luck can take it away.

This is the worst "season" I have had in years. Mostly its under performance, though in my biggest league, I have dealt with that, and a slew of injuries too. I am fortunate to be 3-4 there, and still have a shot at the playoffs. I'm not "out of it" in any league at all, but its easily one of the rougher starts I have had in years.....so I know where you are coming from.

Good luck,

TZM
Thank you, I am hopeful that others will respond as well. 

I'd get Murray too since you have McKinnon. Drop a defense. I'd say the Saints. Denver is doing #1 in yardage/game and doing decent points against, They're more likely to do well steadily (which I think is what you need) going forward

Please see mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761983-drop-luck/
While I agree that having one defense would be best. I personally don't think that Denver has lived up to the preseason hype. They also have three difficult matchups ahead starting this week at KC, then PHI, then NE. If I had a different defense like Seattle, or the Vikings I would consider dropping the saints. 

Users who are viewing this thread