What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw...why not more love for him? (1 Viewer)

Bradshaw is a great RB when healthy. Ive watched him play for years. He runs hard, has good vision, is excellent at pass blocking, good receiver, good goal line RB. His injury history is the only thing that scares me, He is a complete RB and I really dont think Ballard is better than him at anything. Bradshaw signed a cheap 1 year deal to prove himself, so he is playing for a lot of future money this year. If healthy he should be a top 20 RB easily, most people have him as their RB3/RB4 so he is a nice upside/value pick this year, if you think his foot will last all year.

In other news, Donald Brown will also play this weekend.
Too bad Donald Brown sucks. Again, the Colts clearly brought in Bradshaw to compete with sub 4.0YPC Ballard.

But fine, go kid yourselves.
I'll gladly take a $50 bet that Ballard outscores Bradshaw this weekend. You good to go?
The more interesting bet is who scores more for the season. Balancing the talent/health issues will be fun to see how it plays out.

Too bad Donald Brown sucks. Again, the Colts clearly brought in Bradshaw to compete with sub 4.0YPC Ballard.

I'll gladly take a $50 bet that Ballard outscores Bradshaw this weekend. You good to go?
The more interesting bet is who scores more for the season. Balancing the talent/health issues will be fun to see how it plays out.
I agree. That's tougher to call. I'm still of the opinion Ballard will outperform Bradshaw on the year. This is why he is a steal at his current ADP.

Again, as a Colts fan, I hope I'm wrong and I hope Bradshaw is the Bradshaw of old. It would certainly help our team!!!

Other than Cofield, players that have left the Giants in recent years haven't fared too well. Might be the reason for some of the lack of confidence in Bradshaw.

Bradshaw is a great RB when healthy. Ive watched him play for years. He runs hard, has good vision, is excellent at pass blocking, good receiver, good goal line RB. His injury history is the only thing that scares me, He is a complete RB and I really dont think Ballard is better than him at anything. Bradshaw signed a cheap 1 year deal to prove himself, so he is playing for a lot of future money this year. If healthy he should be a top 20 RB easily, most people have him as their RB3/RB4 so he is a nice upside/value pick this year, if you think his foot will last all year.
This deal wasn't to prove himself, it was the best deal he could get for being broken @ 26. Giants let him go cheap for a reason - he wanted to stay.

Eminence said:
Keep in mind, Bradshaw is playing for a bigger contract next year. Hell, this is the kind of guy who I am sure would be happy to get a 2 - 3 million dollar year next year and keep riding out '1 year contracts'.

He's not done, he's dinged up but he can definitely still play. Giants are going to feel stupid for cutting ties with him, I understand wanting to give room for David Wilson. But they definitely outsmarted themselves here.
Dinged? Bradshaw has a cracked foot held together with NUTS and BOLTS! I understand the player Bradshaw used to be but those days are LONG gone! We have no idea how good Ballard could be this year but I will not bet against him. It's simply too early to kick dirt on Ballard and call him a plodder when he was a rookie last year and very easily should improve tremendously. I will welcome all bets of Bradshaw vs Ballard season totals.

Eminence said:
Keep in mind, Bradshaw is playing for a bigger contract next year. Hell, this is the kind of guy who I am sure would be happy to get a 2 - 3 million dollar year next year and keep riding out '1 year contracts'.

He's not done, he's dinged up but he can definitely still play. Giants are going to feel stupid for cutting ties with him, I understand wanting to give room for David Wilson. But they definitely outsmarted themselves here.
Dinged? Bradshaw has a cracked foot held together with NUTS and BOLTS! I understand the player Bradshaw used to be but those days are LONG gone! We have no idea how good Ballard could be this year but I will not bet against him. It's simply too early to kick dirt on Ballard and call him a plodder when he was a rookie last year and very easily should improve tremendously. I will welcome all bets of Bradshaw vs Ballard season totals.
yep LONG gone. Only 4.6 ypc last year

ballard is the play of the week this week vs the raiders
Dodds's early projections have Bradshaw getting 2 times the fantasy points as Ballard for week 1

Truth is, I don't have a dog in this race but if I did it would be Bradshaw, especially relative to his ADP. You want to say Ballard is the "steal" yet according to MFL Bradshaw is the 30th RB off the board where as Ballard is the 38th. If Bradshaw stays healthy, he's the superior talent and it's not even remotely debatable. I'm still kind of surprised that anyone would tout a plodder like Ballard as a sleeper; he's not going to win you a championship. At best he's a servicable NFL and fantasy RB. If he breaks out this year and turns into the next Emmit Smith, I'll gladly come back here and eat crow.

Without a doubt Bradshaw is a better fantasy RB than Ballard and will have more points if healthy.

It is a big if...

Plodder? So Ballard is unable to improve on his rookie season? What about Trent Richardson? He plodded his way to 3.6ypc and is on a team with half the qb!

Starting Bradshaw week 1 over Eddie Lacy in one league and not thinking twice about it.

He's been a great guy to target in the mid rounds for upside drafts the past few years. Yes his feet are messed up and he misses some games but he's not a game time decision guy, you know well in advance when he's not playing. When he play's he produces more often then not. I've had him on my redraft roster 2 of the last 3 years and I was very happy to snatch him up again in the 8th round this year.

if the colts were unhappy with Ballard why didn't they draft a running back before the 7th round?
I can't speak for the FO, but I'm guessing they had other needs to fill. The Green Bay packers didn't draft a rb at all in 2012... Does that mean they were happy? The seahawks drafted a rb with their first pick this year. They had lynch and Turbin from last years draft, does that mean they were unhappy?

In addition to Bradshaw week 1, I could also play Sproles vs. Atl. I lean towards Sproles, but easily could see it going the other way. I think I'm going to avoid Bradshaw in week 1 just to see what happens, but I think it could go either way. Sucks that I have a very even match in week 1, so I really can't afford a guy who puts up only 4 points or something silly.

I suspect this is the sort of decision many Bradshaw owners will face every week. And there's a legit argument to be made for some people that the headache isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Bradshaw week 1 over Eddie Lacy in one league and not thinking twice about it.

He's been a great guy to target in the mid rounds for upside drafts the past few years. Yes his feet are messed up and he misses some games but he's not a game time decision guy, you know well in advance when he's not playing. When he play's he produces more often then not. I've had him on my redraft roster 2 of the last 3 years and I was very happy to snatch him up again in the 8th round this year.
I have the same choice but am leaning heavy toward Lacy. I feel good about Bradshaw for the season just not sure about week 1. Ryan Grant and Benson were producing numbers as the #1 RB in GB so I'm hoping Lacy is treated like the main RB in GB.

Dodds's early projections have Bradshaw getting 2 times the fantasy points as Ballard for week 1
So?

So?
By saying Ballard is better you are basically calling Dodds an idiot, a moron, and a disgrace to the industry. Dodds is one of my best friends, and I dont appreciate that

So?
By saying Ballard is better you are basically calling Dodds an idiot, a moron, and a disgrace to the industry. Dodds is one of my best friends, and I dont appreciate that
Clearly you are spot on with this comment. If you disagree with someone about a future production of an NFL player you are calling them an idiot, a moron and a disgrace. There is no room in the Shark Pool for people who disagree. Now get in line people or you won't get your figgy pudding. :)

So?
The facts are Ballard IS better than Bradshaw and will clearly get the majority of work week #1. I view Ballard as a solid rb2 and possible rb1 this week. If you choose to ignore this situation and play Bradshaw you are in for a serious let down. I have nothing against Dodds but it seems he picked the wrong time to start sniffin glue. :lol:

So?
The facts are Ballard IS better than Bradshaw and will clearly get the majority of work week #1. I view Ballard as a solid rb2 and possible rb1 this week. If you choose to ignore this situation and play Bradshaw you are in for a serious let down. I have nothing against Dodds but it seems he picked the wrong time to start sniffin glue. :lol:
This is what we call:

1) Begging the Question. First, you claim that "the facts are Ballard IS better..." Yet, that is exactly what needs to be proven. You assert the facts prove this but you don't present these facts. Sorry. Weak argument.

2) Bandwagon Fallacy: You write, "I view Ballard as a solid rb2 and possible rb1 this week. If you choose to ignore this situation and play Bradshaw you are in for a serious let down." I am on the band wagon, beating the drum for Ballard. You better jump on the band wagon or you will be in "for a serous let down." The band wagon pretends that the assertion is commonly accepted and if you don't accept it you are out of the mainstream. Not true. Many people believe Bradshaw is the better back and will produce better. This is not settled. Some think otherwise.

You think you are right. Fine. But you have to do more than beg the question and bully people into joining the bandwagon.

Personally, I think it likely that there will be RBBC this week, and that Brown will also get some meaningful touches. I don't know which of the three INDY backs will produce best this week. In TD heavy, I would start Ballard; in PPR I would start Bradshaw; but I would prefer to wait a weeek to see how it shakes out in a real game. The news is positive about Bradshaw fully practicing. And he often plays when he is hurt, so I think it likely he plays and plays well. But this is a new team and I want to see what happens on the field for one game. I do know this: that last year Bradshaw was a far superior back, even hurt as he was. Ballard is neither very fast nor elusive; he is the epitome of three yards and a cloud of dust. If you want three yards to pick up the first down, he is your man. But I just don't see him as an everydown back based on his body work to date. Bradshaw has proven that he is an above average NFL every down back--the only question is his health at this time. Brown has shown more home run potential than Ballard and makes a better third down COP back than Ballard--but he has had trouble staying healthy.

I am probably going to start DWill over Bradshaw because of the uncertainty, but I very much expect to get some good production out of Bradshaw in future game and wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 100 yards and a TD this week.

az_prof said:
HarddTimezz said:
Bob Barker said:
pantherclub said:
Bob Barker said:
pantherclub said:

So?
This is what we call:

1) Begging the Question. First, you claim that "the facts are Ballard IS better..." Yet, that is exactly what needs to be proven. You assert the facts prove this but you don't present these facts. Sorry. Weak argument.

2) Bandwagon Fallacy: You write, "I view Ballard as a solid rb2 and possible rb1 this week. If you choose to ignore this situation and play Bradshaw you are in for a serious let down." I am on the band wagon, beating the drum for Ballard. You better jump on the band wagon or you will be in "for a serous let down." The band wagon pretends that the assertion is commonly accepted and if you don't accept it you are out of the mainstream. Not true. Many people believe Bradshaw is the better back and will produce better. This is not settled. Some think otherwise.

You think you are right. Fine. But you have to do more than beg the question and bully people into joining the bandwagon.

Personally, I think it likely that there will be RBBC this week, and that Brown will also get some meaningful touches. I don't know which of the three INDY backs will produce best this week. In TD heavy, I would start Ballard; in PPR I would start Bradshaw; but I would prefer to wait a weeek to see how it shakes out in a real game. The news is positive about Bradshaw fully practicing. And he often plays when he is hurt, so I think it likely he plays and plays well. But this is a new team and I want to see what happens on the field for one game. I do know this: that last year Bradshaw was a far superior back, even hurt as he was. Ballard is neither very fast nor elusive; he is the epitome of three yards and a cloud of dust. If you want three yards to pick up the first down, he is your man. But I just don't see him as an everydown back based on his body work to date. Bradshaw has proven that he is an above average NFL every down back--the only question is his health at this time. Brown has shown more home run potential than Ballard and makes a better third down COP back than Ballard--but he has had trouble staying healthy.

I am probably going to start DWill over Bradshaw because of the uncertainty, but I very much expect to get some good production out of Bradshaw in future game and wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 100 yards and a TD this week.
Thank you for taking the time to post this in an attempt to bring some value to the thread and put an end to the lunacy. Agree or not people, but the schtick and the bullying just gotta go.

Not to dig up old wounds but it looked like Ballard had some nice numbers today.

Can someone who saw the game go over how Ballard & Bradshaw looked? I'm wondering if I should to add Ballard to a package deal or not. If he looked good, it would be harder to give him up.

IND - RB Ahmad Bradshaw practices

Source: Colts.com

Indianapolis Colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) fully participated in practice Wednesday, Sept. 4.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Bradshaw is going to start for the Colts in a nice week 1 matchup against the hapless Raiders. We like him as a RB3/flex play with upside.
Is this Joe's view or [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]?

If I am paying for a service and get an email with this kind of conviction, I expect the fantasy expert to come through. This is an embarrassment to the FBG website.

Indianapolis Colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) fully participated in practice Wednesday, Sept. 4.

Bradshaw is going to start for the Colts in a nice week 1 matchup against the hapless Raiders. We like him as a RB3/flex play with upside.
Is this Joe's view or [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]?

If I am paying for a service and get an email with this kind of conviction, I expect the fantasy expert to come through. This is an embarrassment to the FBG website.
The emails aren't part of the paid services, FYI.

This week went about as expected--none of the backs were of much fantasy value. If you are a Ballard or Bradshaw owner, you can't be thrilled. That was a weak defense and Ballard didn't score or participate in passing game--so despite some solid running he didn't help you win. And Bradshaw is clearly still returning to form. How long will Ballard hang on? Will either of them score? This looks like a RBBC where no one wins.

Gotcha. Joe's view is not actually [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] because it is in the free email, so put zero faith in it.

Gotcha. Joe's view is not actually [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] because it is in the free email, so put zero faith in it.
You were #####ing about paying for a service; you don't pay for the emails. Besides you should make your FF decisions based on your own thoughts, not blindly follow an "expert's" advice. Like how you recommended trading Randall Cobb away, or your season would be ruined.

You were #####ing about paying for a service; you don't pay for the emails. Besides you should make your FF decisions based on your own thoughts, not blindly follow an "expert's" advice. Like how you recommended trading Randall Cobb away, or your season would be ruined.
Regardless a clear statement was made, "Bradshaw is going to start for the Colts in a nice week 1..." and it was wrong. I am sure FBGs wishes they had this one to do-over, you do not need to defend them.

Bring up Cobb again when he is #1 - #8 in fantasy football points on the year. Your point will have some meaning at that time. Until then, my recommendation stands. Cobb will not live up to his ADP.

I own Ahmad Bradshaw in zero leagues. If he was on one of my rosters, there is a 0% chance I would have started him.

Regardless a clear statement was made, "Bradshaw is going to start for the Colts in a nice week 1..." and it was wrong. I am sure FBGs wishes they had this one to do-over, you do not need to defend them.
Exactly. And there needs to be a distinction between Joe's view and FBGs view, because I seriously doubt the staff consensus was that Bradshaw will start and do well.

I didn't defend them. TT said he expects fantasy experts to "come through" if he is paying for a service. I merely pointed out that he wasn't paying for a service.

Bring up Cobb again when he is #1 - #8 in fantasy football points on the year. Your point will have some meaning at that time. Until then, my recommendation stands. Cobb will not live up to his ADP.

I own Ahmad Bradshaw in zero leagues. If he was on one of my rosters, there is a 0% chance I would have started him.
Your recommendation wasn't "trade Cobb for value, he won't live up to his ADP;" it was "Cobb's bicep is torn, trade him now or your season will be ruined." Nice attempted backtrack. /hijack

As far as Bradshaw; anyone who started him based off of FBG's email deserves to get the 4 points (or whatever he got). Don't let other people manage your team; even if you pay them for a service.

Your recommendation wasn't "trade Cobb for value, he won't live up to his ADP;" it was "Cobb's bicep is torn, trade him now or your season will be ruined." Nice attempted backtrack. /hijack
Your words in quotes are not actually my quotes.

Link to my post where I said it was Biceps Tendonitis.

Link where I discuss ADP.

Listen Bayhawks. This is the third time you have brought up my Cobb recommendation and the third time you have misrepresented my advice. You took it personally when I recommended selling Cobb and you are continuing to put it down at this point in time.

Cobb will not finish the year better than #8 in fantasy points. My advice stands. Get off my a ss until you have a leg to stand on. Put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say. However, your mis-quotes and forum stalking will be called out.

I agree. That's tougher to call. I'm still of the opinion Ballard will outperform Bradshaw on the year. This is why he is a steal at his current ADP.

Again, as a Colts fan, I hope I'm wrong and I hope Bradshaw is the Bradshaw of old. It would certainly help our team!!!
:sadbanana: I will put this on the NGTH list.

CONGRATULATIONS ON PREDICTING BALLARD WOULD TEAR HIS ACL!
No one should be congratulated for this but on the other hand, I wonder how many Ballard proponents would be saying the same thing if Bradshaw were already out for the year?

The point is that injuries DO happen. You shouldn't over emphasize them in your rankings, especially if a player has a history of playing hurt. Talent and situation should be the primary factors in ranking players. Predicting injuries is like predicting the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread