What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw...why not more love for him? (4 Viewers)

ImTheScientist

Footballguy
He is on an offense that puts up points/moves the ball. Who is his competition? Vick Ballard? I don't get it.

The guy falls to the 5th/6th rounds of drafts and all indications are he will be the man carrying the ball for them. Finished in the top 20 the last 3 years in a row, catches the ball, and has averaged 4.6 ypc for his career.

:shrug:

Because he's chronically injured, no one wanted him, hasn't played in preseason. Yes he has upside if he can play but he has risk as well.

He had surgery in Jan, was in a walking boot in June, still hasnt practiced as of yet with Indy. Sure whats not to like?

Last edited by a moderator:
He had surgery in Jan, was in a walking boot in June, still hasnt practiced as of yet with Indy. Sure whats not to like?
Incorrect, he is practicing.

Bradshaw had two procedures on his right foot during the offseason and just returned to a fully padded practice last week. The Colts have no desire to push the six-year veteran to play in the preseason, especially because they'll lean on him in the regular season. Plodder Vick Ballard has just 55 yards on preseason 17 carries (3.24 YPC) and averaged 3.85 YPC last year. Bradshaw's career YPC is 4.59. Aug 27 - 8:32 AM

Because he's chronically injured, no one wanted him, hasn't played in preseason. Yes he has upside if he can play but he has risk as well.
Despite being "chronically injured" he plays through injury apparently. He has been a top 20 RB the last three years in a row.

That foot is held together with gum & tape at this point. I would expect very little from him going forward.

Despite being "chronically injured" he plays through injury apparently. He has been a top 20 RB the last three years in a row.
yeah and he just had another surgery trying to alleviate his issue and its taking a really long time to heal, if you feel you have to draft him in the 5th or 6th then by all means bro roll the dice. Not sure what you can realistically expect from him

is there a link for him practicing, the google is not showing anything.

yeah and he just had another surgery trying to alleviate his issue and its taking a really long time to heal, if you feel you have to draft him in the 5th or 6th then by all means bro roll the dice. Not sure what you can realistically expect from him

Multiple links actually. Here is one from rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

What was the estimated recovery time from his surgery? (link please) Or is that statement the same as your "he's not practicing" one?

And yet he barely got a sniff and signed for $1 mill. He'll be good if he plays but he's a risk. That's why his price is what it is. Great 3rd RB if you can get him. Wouldn't feel warm and fuzzy as my #2.

Guys like McFadden are taken 2 rounds higher, yet McFadden is more of an injury concern...he has only once been a top 20 RB, and his team is far worse. Just sayin.

my bad damn he has had 2 surgerys. Carry on

What do you need a link for exactly, that he had surgery, was wearing a boot in June or what?

From your link:

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) practiced in full pads Tuesday for the first time all camp.
Bradshaw still isn't participating completely in team work and isn't expected to play in the Colts' third preseason game, but it's clear he's making progress.

Multiple links actually. Here is one from rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

What was the estimated recovery time from his surgery? (link please) Or is that statement the same as your "he's not practicing" one?
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/189549361_NFL__Giants__Ahmad_Bradshaw_recovering_from_foot_surgery.html

10 weeks

"

The new screw is intended to aid the stabilization of both fractures, rather than just one. Recovery time is 10 weeks, Bradshaw said.

my bad damn he has had 2 surgerys. Carry on

What do you need a link for exactly, that he had surgery, was wearing a boot in June or what?

From your link:

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) practiced in full pads Tuesday for the first time all camp.
Bradshaw still isn't participating completely in team work and isn't expected to play in the Colts' third preseason game, but it's clear he's making progress.
Yup, he is practicing.

Anyways... back on topic.

He is on an offense that puts up points/moves the ball. Who is his competition? Vick Ballard? I don't get it.

The guy falls to the 5th/6th rounds of drafts and all indications are he will be the man carrying the ball for them. Finished in the top 20 the last 3 years in a row, catches the ball, and has averaged 4.6 ypc for his career.

he will play. and as long as he has his health he will be a RB2. Especially in that offense.

most of the loss in value with him is due to his injury history.

hes not a sexy pick, but he is decent enough and if you can get him on the cheap I say go for it.

He is a real nice value, the concern are the injuries clearly. They may be overblown as he has shown the ability to play. He has only missed 6 games in 5 years.

he will play. and as long as he has his health he will be a RB2. Especially in that offense.

hes not a sexy pick, but he is decent enough and if you can get him on the cheap I say go for it.
Do you really know what that offense is going to be? Arians is gone and Pep Hamilton is a bit of an unknown.

Colts are going to absolutely destroy Raiders week 1. Bradshaw should get 100 and a TD easy. Could be a nice flip.

Do you really know what that offense is going to be? Arians is gone and Pep Hamilton is a bit of an unknown.
Pep likes to run the ball.

I think his value is right where it should be. :shrug:

He is with a new team who has a new OC. He has not seen the field in preseason and is coming back from serious surgery on what appears to be a chronic condition with his foot, He signed a cheap one year deal because there was not much of a market for his services. Overall there are a lot of question marks and when there are questions a players stock falls.

Why is it assumed Ballard has lost his job?
Because he is decidedly average.

I have no problem with Bradshaw at his current ADP. If I'm doing an upside down draft, I'd probably avoid him as I don't want to rely on someone who carries increased risk due to injury, but as a flex I'm on board.

The real question is, how do you like him in comparison to others RBs with similar ADPs (Mathews, Vereen, DRich, Bernard, Ball).

I have no problem with Bradshaw at his current ADP. If I'm doing an upside down draft, I'd probably avoid him as I don't want to rely on someone who carries increased risk due to injury, but as a flex I'm on board.

The real question is, how do you like him in comparison to others RBs with similar ADPs (Mathews, Vereen, DRich, Bernard, Ball).
He is so average that the team didnt even draft a running back until the 7th round this year. That shows the COlts have no confidence whatsoever in Ballard

He is so average that the team didnt even draft a running back until the 7th round this year. That shows the COlts have no confidence whatsoever in Ballard
My eyes don't deceive me and neither does his YPC. He's pretty average.

I've been grabbing him in every league I've drafted, hope it pays off. Not a terrible pick where you can grab him.

In my draft (FPC) Mathews went at 5.1, Vereen at 3.04, Drich at 4.08 and Bernard at 4.03.

Bradshaw went at 7.01.

Ballard is the steal of the draft where you can currently get him. Bradshaw is nothing more than depth and if he was a horse he would be destroyed. Cracked feet on a running back is not a positive.

His history says to me he'll return good-but-not-great value, when he plays.

His history also says to me he probably won't play every game, given both his past and the fact that it's easy to pinpoint the weakness that makes him more susceptible than the average guy to injury.

To me, these things make him a nice backup option for almost any team, but a poor option to rely upon as a full time starter for any but the deepest leagues.

That says to me, 5th or 6th round is just about right. I like his value there. But I can't quite say I love it. A great play-it-safe option.

That says to me, 5th or 6th round is just about right. I like his value there. But I can't quite say I love it. A great play-it-safe option.
What's he going in comparison to Mendy or DWill? What about the 6th round WR's and QB's to be had there? I still don't like that value. To draft him there you have to be really confident his foot will hold up for the season.

They drafted a RB and brought in a Free Agent. That tells you all you need to know.
They drafted a guy in the last round and signed another beat up vet for a million

that tells me all I need to know

whether you think Ballard is good or not is irrelevant as to how the Colts management sees him

He is a steal at where he is going

They drafted a RB and brought in a Free Agent. That tells you all you need to know.
They drafted a guy in the last round and signed another beat up vet for a million

that tells me all I need to know

whether you think Ballard is good or not is irrelevant as to how the Colts management sees him

He is a steal at where he is going
Do you ever confuse yourself? Whether you think Ballard is good or not is irrelevant, its all how Colts management sees him.

My eyes don't deceive me and neither does his YPC. He's pretty average.
RB A had 211 carries for 814 yards and 3.9YPC his rookie season

RB B had 241 for 937 and 3.9 YPC his rookie season

Both RBs "pretty average"?

A is Ballard

B is the NFL rushing all time leader Emmitt Smith

Always one of the best value picks. He's doubtful to ever crack the top 8 or so but he has been as consistently finishing around 15 for awhile now. People talk up how he is so injury prone but yet he always seems to play. Guy is tough and a good football player. If it wasn't for FF everyone would admire the guy.

No, I don't think Ballard is comparable to Emmitt Smith. My point is it's pretty useless to write off someone based on their rookie season.

Always one of the best value picks. He's doubtful to ever crack the top 8 or so but he has been as consistently finishing around 15 for awhile now. People talk up how he is so injury prone but yet he always seems to play. Guy is tough and a good football player. If it wasn't for FF everyone would admire the guy.
And I admire him too. But to think he waltzes in and is immediately annointed the starting RB job is pretty silly IMO.

RB A had 211 carries for 814 yards and 3.9YPC his rookie season

RB B had 241 for 937 and 3.9 YPC his rookie season

Both RBs "pretty average"?

A is Ballard

B is the NFL rushing all time leader Emmitt Smith
:lol:
::::fingersinearslalalalalalalalalal:::
Only 17,542 yards to go till Ballard becomes the all-time leading rusher.
Jesus Christ dude you cannot be that obtuse

Users who are viewing this thread