What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Allen Robinson… (1 Viewer)

wolfeman

Footballguy
12 team PPR redraft

I’m at the 3 spot.
I’m loving some Allen Robinson… great team, better qb, getting paid too.

I see all the ADPs wait for him in the 4th etc. My pick is late in the 4th. Do I pull the trigger in rd 3, since I believe that would be the only chance I get at him?

This is more of an Assistant Coach Forum type questions but I had a draft on Sunday and was in the two spot. I took him with my 4.11 pick as my WR1. I also think he will have a huge year and wanted to make sure I got him. I think you will be fine waiting until your 4th round pick but that depends if there is anybody else really high on him in your league.

The LA Rams open the year with Buffalo, perhaps the best secondary over the last couple years and they are marching into SoFi Stadium Week 1. Soft-serve Falcons Week 2 but then the schedule picks up and they travel @AZ and @SF, both division games and both with decent pass defenses, the Rams are going to want to run the football more on those weeks.

After that they get Dallas and Carolina at home but again those are not pushovers in any way, what's the urgency of ARob3? What does he give you that's such an advantage over the next guy? Maybe better to lock up an RB2/3 late in the 4th and grab another WR on the way back in the 5th or even push off to the 6th and find someone like Kirk or Jeudy, there is a drop off coming at WR so you are wise to try and find one.

A lot depends on your 1st-2nd-3rd round picks and how the team is being put together.

Cheers!

9 reasons to take Allen Robinson

1) He was the biggest bust last year. I had him. I usually avoiding the player the next year and they end up going off.

2) He has the best QB by far of his career. It’s no coincidence that Kupp had his best season ever.

3) He goes from Matt Nagey to Sean Mcvey.

4) He’ll be playing a lot of games indoors

5) This has a Randy Moss feel to it. Moss left a horrible situation in Oakland to go to NE and blew up. Robinson is in a similar situation. He clearly didn’t have his heart into it last year. I don’t blame him.

6) He got paid big. The Rams clearly like him. The Rams seem to be making all the right moves lately.

7) Robinson isn’t a big separator. He needs an accurate QB and now he has one.

8) Cooper Kupp has been known to get hurt. Imagine the opportunity Robinson would have.

9) It doesn’t appear the Rams will have a dominant run game again this year. I see lots of TDs through the air.

1) He was the biggest bust last year. I had him. I usually avoiding the player the next year and they end up going off.

2) He has the best QB by far of his career. It’s no coincidence that Kupp had his best season ever.

5) This has a Randy Moss feel to it. Moss left a horrible situation in Oakland to go to NE and blew up. Robinson is in a similar situation. He clearly didn’t have his heart into it last year. I don’t blame him.

6) He got paid big. The Rams clearly like him. The Rams seem to be making all the right moves lately.

8) Cooper Kupp has been known to get hurt. Imagine the opportunity Robinson would have.

9) It doesn’t appear the Rams will have a dominant run game again this year. I see lots of TDs through the air.

I think your list has successfully blown away the faint smell of "quit" I got from Robinson last year. Hopefully he has a Moss-esque rebound.

I think your list has successfully blown away the faint smell of "quit" I got from Robinson last year. Hopefully he has a Moss-esque rebound.
I had nearly the perfect team last year except for Robinson. He nearly blew it for me. The worst thing about having Robinson was figuring out when enough was enough. I stuck with him far too long. The irony was I took him because I thought he was safe.

The talent is there obviously. Now he's on the defending SB champion with a QB who can chuck it. What's not to like? Dudes gonna be super motivated. This is his shot.

I like ARob

I don’t like ARob at 3.03

He might make it back to 4.09. And if he doesn’t, Cooks, Sutton, McClaurin, Renfrow or Mike Williams might.

There are a lot of higher upside WRs at 3.03 like Pittman, Higgins, DJMoore, AJB, Keenan Allen…take the better player, then hope for Robinson. If you reach for Robinson you’re giving away value to your league mates and potentially hurting yourself.

I mean, hey - play for fun, get your guy, all that. But for me fun includes maximizing value. If you get ARob on the way back in the 4th it’s more valuable to your team. By pairing ARob with say, Moore in the 3rd your team is better off for it.

I think Robinson has as much upside for this year as all the early third round ADP types. Everyone is down on him because of last year, but new team, explosive offense, excellent QB (which he has never had) and a WR who will draw coverage. What's not to like? Take out last year and Robinson is going late 2nd, early third with confidence.

That said, there's a good chance he slips to you at 4.9 where the others won't, so grab one of them and try to get both.

Agree that the Rams running game won't be as good as in the past and they will throw more. Plus looks like Jefferson will be out a while, which will benefit Robinson

:crying:

:crying:
5 reasons to be optimistic about AROB rest of season

1) In 2015 AROB had 80 catches 1400 yards and 14 TD's. In game one of that year he had 1 catch for 6 yards. He's off to a much better start this year.

2) Stafford wasn't able to throw for several weeks during the off season so there is a lack of chemistry that should get better.

3) There were no plays designed for Robinson. Sean said this will change.

4) They won't face a defense as good as the Bills rest of season. It was obvious Stafford was looking for Kupp because of a comfort level. He had no time to look for AROB. 'm pretty sure the only reason that sporanik or whatever his name is got catches is because Stafford thought he was Kupp.

5) The Rams rested their starters throughout pre season and it showed.

Next week is a complete make or break week. Have to think that Stafford and Arob are hearing all the noise about their lack of connection, and they're either going to come out firing or he will continue to ignore him. Don't think there will be a chance to adjust after week 2 as it will likely tell the story of how the rest of the season will go.

Next week is a complete make or break week. Have to think that Stafford and Arob are hearing all the noise about their lack of connection, and they're either going to come out firing or he will continue to ignore him. Don't think there will be a chance to adjust after week 2 as it will likely tell the story of how the rest of the season will go.

Agreed. I waited way to long last year and kept putting him in my line up.

Whether this is the week or not he will be on my bench

Start him!

I agree there should be a correction. Last year, when Robert Woods complained publicly he got like 12 targets the next week.

So there's precedence.

I am surprised at how the Falcons got absolutely torched by WRs yesterday. AJ Terrell allowed two TD's- he's a great player. Not sure how A-Rob will do if Terrell sticks to him on the outside. Don't feel great but I don't have much of a choice but starting A-Rob.

Start him!
@kface Did you?

There doesn't appear to be a game thread, so might as well make it this. Arob with a td , Kupp, and Henderson with one so far.

Users who are viewing this thread