What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Almost draft post your mocks here (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
2020 Mock

• 1.  Bengals: QB Joe Burrow, LSU   60 TDs, 202 rating, 76.3% completion, poise, touch, ideal fit for offense 
  • 2.  Washington: Edge Chase Young, Ohio State  explosive first step, power at POA, solid tech,131 total pressures are the most over the last two seasons.
  • 3. Lions: CB Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State 6'1" and 205 lbs, mad hops 41-inch vert, can match man/zone, physical.  Traded Darius Slay, can pair with Des Trufant.
  • 4. NYG: OLT Andrew Thomas, Georgia  Can start as rookie, allowed only 37 pressures on 1,075 career pass snaps graded top run-blocker in 19 per PFF
  • 5. Miami: QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama Injury risk has him fall into Dolphins lap
  • 6. LA Chargers:  QB Justin Herbert, Oregon  6'6", 236lbs, easy gas, anticipation/accuracy, WC Pac-12 star to fill seats, lots of smoke with this pick
  • 7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons LB/S, Clemson   6'4", 238lbs, 4.39-second versatile LB/S/nickel can blitz, replaces Keuchly
  • 8. Arizona: ORT Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama Pro-ready, great tech, devastating run-blocker, solidifies Murray's blind side
  • 9. Jags: DT Derrick Brown, Auburn 6'5", 326lbs Power at POA, explodes through blockers, disruptor.  Jags lose Calais Campbell and Marcell Dareus, talent/need.
  • 10. CLV:  OLT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa PFF's best pass-blocking grade, great SPARQ scores speed/power, fits outside-zone scheme.
  • 11. NYJ:  WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma  Solid route-runner, separation, YAC, stretches field.
  • 12. VegasWR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Versatile weapon outside/slot, solid route-runner, consistent separation
  • 13. 49ers (from IND): DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina 6-5⅛, 324 lbs provides interior pass-rush
  • 14. TB:  OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville 6'7", 364lbs, moves well, physically overwhelms defenders, potential to dominate, protect GOAT QB
  • 15. DEN: WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama 4.27 speed, height, weight, rare speed to strech-D provide plenty of cushion
  • 16. ATLCB C.J. Henderson, Florida  Fluid hips, excellent coverage, 4.39 speed, hops 37½ vert
  • 17. DAL: Edge K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU  Pass-rush, gets low/bends edge, strength, can drop/cover space, near-limitless potential, inconsistent production.
  • 18. MIA: (from Pittsburgh):  OT Josh Jones, Houston 6'5", 319lbs PFFs highest pass-blocking grade, held-up to competition at Senior Bowl.
  • 19. Vegas (from Chicago): CB Kristian Fulton, LSU  Physical, forced incompletions on 27.4% past 2 yrs/best of this class
  • 20. Jags (from LAR):  CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah 6'0", 193lbs Size/physical bullies WRs, redirecting/disrupting routes, allowed only 3 TDs in 1,256 coverage snaps.
  • 21. EaglesS Xavier McKinney, Can play SS/FS/slot/box, NFL evaluator compared him w/Earl Thomas III.
  • 22. Minnesota: WR Denzel Mims Baylor 6'3" 207 lbs Size, 4.39 speed, replacement for Diggs
  • 23. Patriots: LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma  6'2", 241lbs Speed 4.52 who covers lots of ground and doesn't need to come off field
  • 24. SaintsLB Patrick Queen, LSU 6'0", 229lbs 4.50 solid in coverage, lost A.J. Klein, Manti Te'o, Stephone Anthony, need at OLB
  • 25. MinnesotaOT Ezra Cleveland, Boise State Athleticism perfect fit for Kubiak's upgrade from Reiff at left tackle.
  • 26. MiamiWR Justin Jefferson, LSU  6'1", 202lbs, 4.43 best contested catch rate, runs entire route tree
  • 27. Seattle: OT Isaiah Wilson, Georgia 6'6'", 350lbs Massive w/potential 2 GMs told Daniel Jeremiah he'd be selected in first round.  
  • 28. Ravens: LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin 6'2 238 lbs 4.65, 12.5 sacks, can be used in coverage, run on LBers, can get WR later.
  • 29. Titans:  DE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State 6'5", 266lbs sacks bumped 35 TFL, sacks increased, fills need 
  • 30. Packers:  CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama  Length, reach, Ball-hawk, 2nd best coverage grade among CBs targeted in single coverage last season
  • 31. 49ers: DT Ross Blacklock, TCU  6'3, 290lbs, Traded DeForest Buckner, need, gap-attacking disrupting force inside 
  • 32. Chiefs: DE A.J. Epenesa, Iowa  30.5 sacks in last two seasons
==============================================

I didn't do trades, too hard to figure. 

I attempted to fit need to highest rated player that also fit team prioritizing most valuable positions but could not find a landing spot for QB Love.

No RBs made the cut.  Surprised myself by the run on LBers and CBs.  Still some value at WR to be found later.  

Personally I’d like to see just one mock that doesn’t have jeudy lamb and Ruggs going to the jets, raiders and broncos. 

Why would the Niners take 2 DT or even 2 DL when that's the strength of their team and they have a glaring need at WR?

Personally I’d like to see just one mock that doesn’t have jeudy lamb and Ruggs going to the jets, raiders and broncos. 
The WR's almost always seemed to be mocked that way with them going 11, 12, 15, 21 or 11, 12, 13, 21.

• Jets lose Robby
  • Raiders made a public play for Antonio Brown that blew up in their face and have a gaping-maw at WR
  • Broncos lose Sanders and are in a division with Tyreek Hill who has world-class-speed ALA  Ruggs
Its not like mockers are making up the need or the talent available and most-likely when that talent will go off the board.

I think at least one of the WRs will/should go in the top-ten but that 'likely' means a move-up and a team in the top-ten bypassing a blue-chip prospect or QB so I went with what I said at the bottom of the mock, talent, need, fit, positional value, attempting to tie them all in together.

Give it a shot yourself and post your mock.

Why would the Niners take 2 DT or even 2 DL when that's the strength of their team and they have a glaring need at WR?
Good catch.  I had forgotten I put Kinlaw to them earlier and posted it and saw it too late.  I'm not keen on plugging in a WR but a trade-down is likely if things go near to how I have it mocked but it won't.  We know at least a few trades will take place and with Covid19 I think this draft will have more surprise picks than a typical draft that always has a few head scratching picks.

But you are right, the Niners would not double-dip if they take Kinlaw with their top pick BUT DT is not a strength, EDGE is their strength on the D-Line not DT.  

Jags 1.20? 

Or colts (or Lions?) trade up from the early 2nd. 
I think he will go someplace in the first but how I did this mock without any trades and when a team like NE came up their was a talent that fit.

Seattle is a team that loves to trade-down and I think a few others picking late would be open to trading-down and it 'probably' will happen especially for a QB paired with the extra year on the rookie contract.

I think he will go someplace in the first but how I did this mock without any trades and when a team like NE came up their was a talent that fit.

Seattle is a team that loves to trade-down and I think a few others picking late would be open to trading-down and it 'probably' will happen especially for a QB paired with the extra year on the rookie contract.
I'd bet on SF trading down. 

• Jets lose Robby
  • Raiders made a public play for Antonio Brown that blew up in their face and have a gaping-maw at WR
  • Broncos lose Sanders and are in a division with Tyreek Hill who has world-class-speed ALA  Ruggs
Its not like mockers are making up the need or the talent available and most-likely when that talent will go off the board.

I think at least one of the WRs will/should go in the top-ten but that 'likely' means a move-up and a team in the top-ten bypassing a blue-chip prospect or QB so I went with what I said at the bottom of the mock, talent, need, fit, positional value, attempting to tie them all in together.

Give it a shot yourself and post your mock.
Sorry, this wasn’t meant to be a criticism of you. I’m working on one, but it’s going to take some time. Kind of a “against the grain” mock draft without being ridiculous. I don’t know all the team needs or all the def/olinemen either, but I’ll try to give it a go. 
I understand the need/talent fits with about the top 15 picks- 3 qbs, 4 tackles, 2-3 wrs, 4ish DL, 1 corner, 1 LB. Order of OL and WR is about the only differences.

Yeah, that is a good one unless they feel they won't get their-guy in the 2nd who will 'likely' be a WR but the way my mock went the RBs are really tempting high in the 2nd round.
Yeah, but I'm talking a trade to 2.02, so they'd really just have to consider whether the chiefs or Bengals would take the wr (or trade). A few spots for a mid round pick would work I'd think.

Sorry, this wasn’t meant to be a criticism of you. I’m working on one, but it’s going to take some time. Kind of a “against the grain” mock draft without being ridiculous. I don’t know all the team needs or all the def/olinemen either, but I’ll try to give it a go. 
I understand the need/talent fits with about the top 15 picks- 3 qbs, 4 tackles, 2-3 wrs, 4ish DL, 1 corner, 1 LB. Order of OL and WR is about the only differences.
My mock isn't a reflection of reality or how I think the draft will go.  As a Browns fan I'm not optimistic at all of them getting Wirfs in the real draft but going by, talent/need/fit/positional value, IMHO the draft would go something like how I mocked it which would look how many others have mocked it at least in how the top WRs go off the board.

Good I'm glad that you will give it a shot.  Its harder then many realize till you start putting names to teams.

Yeah, but I'm talking a trade to 2.02, so they'd really just have to consider whether the chiefs or Bengals would take the wr (or trade). A few spots for a mid round pick would work I'd think.
If they traded down out of the 1st then they would not only have to consider what the Chiefs or Bengals would take.  

They would have to cross fingers that KC doesn't trade their pick for a team who knows SF has the second pick in the 2nd round.  Then all teams would have 24 hours to ponder trading-up with the Bengals because they will get a lot of phone calls for that pick.

If they traded down out of the 1st then they would not only have to consider what the Chiefs or Bengals would take.  

They would have to cross fingers that KC doesn't trade their pick for a team who knows SF has the second pick in the 2nd round.  Then all teams would have 24 hours to ponder trading-up with the Bengals because they will get a lot of phone calls for that pick.
It's still 2 teams, I did specify (or trade). 

But your point about the 2.01 is well received. If there's a specific player they see falling they'd take him. I'm just saying if they're looking wr, there are at least a few who should be available there, which I don't see a wide separation between. Of course they might.

It's still 2 teams, I did specify (or trade). 

But your point about the 2.01 is well received. If there's a specific player they see falling they'd take him. I'm just saying if they're looking wr, there are at least a few who should be available there, which I don't see a wide separation between. Of course they might.
I admit I was having trouble pushing a WR to them at that spot because I had other players rated higher.   I didn't see the value at that point in the draft and they may very-well take one of the top WRs with their top pick.  I gave them Kinlaw due to need and forgot that pick late last night when I was finishing out the 1st round and wasn't going to muddle things by starting to do mock trades at that point to tidy things up.

I don’t know all the team needs or all the def/olinemen either, but I’ll try to give it a go. 
This will be very-helpful.  

-------------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

As always, here are the supplemental league-wide NFL unit grades:  

👉 >>    LINK  to chart showing every team's unit grades

I'd bet on SF trading down. 
Just saw this which definitely would place the Niners  in trade-down mode to gain picks in the middle rounds that they gave up in trades.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/13/tua-tagovailoa-trent-dilfer-workout-urban-meyer?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb

...The Niners, thanks to trades for Dee Ford and Emmanuel Sanders, don’t have a second-, a third- or a fourth-rounder. I’ve heard both teams would like to fill in the holes they have between picks there. And while San Francisco has the bigger gap (no picks between 31 and 156), they do have two first-rounders to work with, thanks to the DeForest Buckner trade. I’d say, at this point, it’s more likely that they move the 31st pick than the 13th.
Some other meaty tid-bits from the same link above.

... there are rumblings that Kyler Murray has given the Arizona brass a glowing review of his former teammate Lamb. Would the Cardinals take one, given that they have DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and Christian Kirk on their roster, and drafted three of them last year? I’m skeptical, particularly with how nicely a big-time right tackle like Wills would fit the bill. But it’s worth keeping an eye on anyway.

... Lots of teams I’ve talked to ... taken to the current setup, believing they’ve become more efficient in cutting out the clutter ...owners are seeing savings... “I could see this changing everything for us,” one NFC exec said. “It allows you to be more efficient, you’re saving money, and honestly our meetings have been better than ever before. There’s not as much bull----.” ... Panthers coach Matt Rhule ... “... we’re able to do it, just the same way as we would do it back in the facility. What ends up happening is you just have really focused time, where nobody’s walking in and saying, ‘Hey, Matt, I need to talk to you for a second.’ Or, ‘Hey, Marty, I need to talk to you for a second.’ We’re just all locked in on this computer screen for hours at a time.”

...I think more veteran trades could be coming. And they might be coming during draft week. Some teams that got through free agency with holes still on their rosters are mulling the idea of filling them with veterans. Why? Well, because if the offseason program is eliminated as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, which seems a near certainty now, then it’ll become a tougher ask to expect a rookie to come and fill a void in Year 1, particularly with the new CBA cutting the max number of padded practices in camp from 28 to 16, and mandating three-day weekends in the summer. 
And this bomb that 'might' effect the supplemental draft that I hadn't considered.

5. I’d keep an eye on what happens with the best draft prospects among the 2020 college football season’s elite players. If fall camp starts on time in August, I think they’ll all play. But if the season is disrupted, or preparation for the season is truncated, you’d think the Trevor Lawrences of the world would probably be doing some risk/reward analysis.
What if Trevor Lawrence entered the supplemental draft?  

Do they still hold a lottery to determine who gets the top pick?  Imagine the possibilities if Trevor Lawrence entered the sup. draft and didn't go to a team in the top-five/top-ten?  

What if Trevor Lawrence entered the supplemental draft?  

Do they still hold a lottery to determine who gets the top pick?  Imagine the possibilities if Trevor Lawrence entered the sup. draft and didn't go to a team in the top-five/top-ten?  
They'd have to hold the lottery. 

But if all that falls out after the NFL draft, you'd have to think a team like Detroit or even Washington would be in a really good spot. Would Cincy give another 1st for a QB and then trade burrow? Would the Redskins trade Haskins? It's interesting. 

-OZ- said:
They'd have to hold the lottery. 

But if all that falls out after the NFL draft, you'd have to think a team like Detroit or even Washington would be in a really good spot. Would Cincy give another 1st for a QB and then trade burrow? Would the Redskins trade Haskins? It's interesting. 
It opens up all sorts of things like how it would effect the April draft.  The risk of trading-up for a QB would carry even more risk. 

I doubt anyone moves-up for Tau just on the injury risk but now if they 'could' have a shot at Trevor?  No way teams are giving up the farm if they have a shot at TL.

I don't know if lottery picks are tradeable or not but if they are then it really opens up a can of worms.

Teams like NE would be offering teams in the top-five, top-ten future picks to get extra lottery picks.

Your question on what Nati would do if they took Burrows AND also won the TL lottery. 

They would give up a future 1st in a heartbeat because they'd be sitting on two rookie contracts and could have options of letting them compete or taking offers for Burrow which would be a lot more than the future 1st they would be giving up.  

I hadn't thought about how Covid19 would effect the supplemental draft but it makes a lot of sense that a talent like Trevor Lawrence would consider entering just to secure a rookie contract because the future of this collegiate season is cloudy let alone risking more than his NFL future if contracts the virus before next year's NFL draft. 

It makes a lot of sense for him to enter the supplemental draft.

2020 Mock

• 1.  Bengals: QB Joe Burrow, LSU   60 TDs, 202 rating, 76.3% completion, poise, touch, ideal fit for offense 
  • 2.  Washington: Edge Chase Young, Ohio State  explosive first step, power at POA, solid tech,131 total pressures are the most over the last two seasons.
  • 3. Lions: CB Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State 6'1" and 205 lbs, mad hops 41-inch vert, can match man/zone, physical.  Traded Darius Slay, can pair with Des Trufant.
  • 4. NYG: OLT Andrew Thomas, Georgia  Can start as rookie, allowed only 37 pressures on 1,075 career pass snaps graded top run-blocker in 19 per PFF
  • 5. Miami: QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama Injury risk has him fall into Dolphins lap
  • 6. LA Chargers:  QB Justin Herbert, Oregon  6'6", 236lbs, easy gas, anticipation/accuracy, WC Pac-12 star to fill seats, lots of smoke with this pick
  • 7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons LB/S, Clemson   6'4", 238lbs, 4.39-second versatile LB/S/nickel can blitz, replaces Keuchly
  • 8. Arizona: ORT Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama Pro-ready, great tech, devastating run-blocker, solidifies Murray's blind side
  • 9. Jags: DT Derrick Brown, Auburn 6'5", 326lbs Power at POA, explodes through blockers, disruptor.  Jags lose Calais Campbell and Marcell Dareus, talent/need.
  • 10. CLV:  OLT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa PFF's best pass-blocking grade, great SPARQ scores speed/power, fits outside-zone scheme.
  • 11. NYJ:  WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma  Solid route-runner, separation, YAC, stretches field.
  • 12. VegasWR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Versatile weapon outside/slot, solid route-runner, consistent separation
  • 13. 49ers (from IND): DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina 6-5⅛, 324 lbs provides interior pass-rush
  • 14. TB:  OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville 6'7", 364lbs, moves well, physically overwhelms defenders, potential to dominate, protect GOAT QB
  • 15. DEN: WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama 4.27 speed, height, weight, rare speed to strech-D provide plenty of cushion
  • 16. ATLCB C.J. Henderson, Florida  Fluid hips, excellent coverage, 4.39 speed, hops 37½ vert
  • 17. DAL: Edge K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU  Pass-rush, gets low/bends edge, strength, can drop/cover space, near-limitless potential, inconsistent production.
  • 18. MIA: (from Pittsburgh):  OT Josh Jones, Houston 6'5", 319lbs PFFs highest pass-blocking grade, held-up to competition at Senior Bowl.
  • 19. Vegas (from Chicago): CB Kristian Fulton, LSU  Physical, forced incompletions on 27.4% past 2 yrs/best of this class
  • 20. Jags (from LAR):  CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah 6'0", 193lbs Size/physical bullies WRs, redirecting/disrupting routes, allowed only 3 TDs in 1,256 coverage snaps.
  • 21. EaglesS Xavier McKinney, Can play SS/FS/slot/box, NFL evaluator compared him w/Earl Thomas III.
  • 22. Minnesota: WR Denzel Mims Baylor 6'3" 207 lbs Size, 4.39 speed, replacement for Diggs
  • 23. Patriots: LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma  6'2", 241lbs Speed 4.52 who covers lots of ground and doesn't need to come off field
  • 24. SaintsLB Patrick Queen, LSU 6'0", 229lbs 4.50 solid in coverage, lost A.J. Klein, Manti Te'o, Stephone Anthony, need at OLB
  • 25. MinnesotaOT Ezra Cleveland, Boise State Athleticism perfect fit for Kubiak's upgrade from Reiff at left tackle.
  • 26. MiamiWR Justin Jefferson, LSU  6'1", 202lbs, 4.43 best contested catch rate, runs entire route tree
  • 27. Seattle: OT Isaiah Wilson, Georgia 6'6'", 350lbs Massive w/potential 2 GMs told Daniel Jeremiah he'd be selected in first round.  
  • 28. Ravens: LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin 6'2 238 lbs 4.65, 12.5 sacks, can be used in coverage, run on LBers, can get WR later.
  • 29. Titans:  DE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State 6'5", 266lbs sacks bumped 35 TFL, sacks increased, fills need 
  • 30. Packers:  CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama  Length, reach, Ball-hawk, 2nd best coverage grade among CBs targeted in single coverage last season
  • 31. 49ers: DT Ross Blacklock, TCU  6'3, 290lbs, Traded DeForest Buckner, need, gap-attacking disrupting force inside 
  • 32. Chiefs: DE A.J. Epenesa, Iowa  30.5 sacks in last two seasons
==============================================

I didn't do trades, too hard to figure. 

I attempted to fit need to highest rated player that also fit team prioritizing most valuable positions but could not find a landing spot for QB Love.

No RBs made the cut.  Surprised myself by the run on LBers and CBs.  Still some value at WR to be found later.  
I forgot about this but knew I had the first six picks so I looked it up to see if I hit any others.

I missed every other pick outside of the Niners pick but they traded back a pick to get the same player.

Users who are viewing this thread