What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alt music history (1 Viewer)

I saw this on social media today, and I would love to have every album by all of these bands and lose myself for a couple of years listening to them on the way back and forth to work.

History of Alt music, poster style
circular link

Velvet Underground influenced a poltical revolution in the late sixties with the Czechs. That's how influential they were. 

Holy crap. Valcal Havel heard it.  Sold ten records, spawned a million bands. Genius knows no bounds of certainty.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Velvet Underground influenced a poltical revolution in the late sixties with the Czechs. That's how influential they were. 

Holy crap. Valcal Havel heard it.  Sold ten records, spawned a million bands. Genius knows no bounds of certainty.  
I’m very unsure of myself, almost a neurotic. I tend to panic easily; I’m always terrified of something, scared even that the telephone might ring; I’m plagued by self-doubts, and I’m always masochistically blaming or cursing myself for something; yet I appear to many (and to a degree rightly so!) as someone who is sure of himself, with an enviable equanimity, quiet, levelheaded, constant, persistent, down-to-earth, always standing up for himself. I am rational and systematic, I love order and orderliness; I am disciplined and reliable, at times almost bureaucratically pedantic; at the same time I’m oversensitive, almost a little sentimental, someone who’s always been drawn by everything mysterious, magic, irrational, inexplicable, grotesque, and absurd, everything that escapes order and makes it problematic. I’m a sociable person who likes being with people, organizing events, bringing people together; a cheerful fellow, sometimes the conversational life of the party, one who enjoys drinking and the various pleasures and trespasses of life—and at the same time I’m happiest when alone, and consequently my life is a constant escape into solitude and quiet introspection.

Oh, that's a great quote. Thanks, Long Ball. And so his uncertainty led to him being uncertain of others The conservative political conundrum. Mad love for his personal becoming political. This board always keeps giving in its knowledge. True that.  

I am listening to some fine Czech music right now as I watch the Michigan game. 

Oh, that's a great quote. Thanks, Long Ball. And so his uncertainty led to him being uncertain of others The conservative political conundrum. Mad love for his personal becoming political. This board always keeps giving in its knowledge. True that.  
i studied abroad in prague specifically because i had read havel's plays and political works in high school and college.  my wife got me a coffee mug with havel's pic on one side and the final (run-on) sentence of that quote on the other, as i always told her it so aptly defined me...

i studied abroad in prague specifically because i had read havel's plays and political works in high school and college.  my wife got me a coffee mug with havel's pic on one side and the final (run-on) sentence of that quote on the other, as i always told her it so aptly defined me...
That's amazing. This -- this sentiment and knowledge -- is just a gift. I'm a would-be slaughtered Slav at several idiots hand's. I'm glad somebody thought enough of you do to that. 

I am listening to some fine Czech music right now as I watch the Michigan game. 
I think we're on the right side of history here.  

Users who are viewing this thread